Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

But I gotta get that 1948 cheevo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I may just use this post game to nuke Europe and see what happens.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

one of my most satisfying things about hoi iv is the building/balancing of production/supply/efficiency and expanding it through divisions. understanding logistics winodow feels really good to this mapgame novice lol. with the expansion canada is a fun country to do that with.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I started my Communist USA file, wish me luck gamers. I spent 15 minutes puzzling over the national ideas tree trying to figure out to how most efficiently end the Great Depression

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

In Training posted:

I started my Communist USA file, wish me luck gamers. I spent 15 minutes puzzling over the national ideas tree trying to figure out to how most efficiently end the Great Depression

oh so you're doing a historical run with FDR then

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this is cool. I thought I was gonna kick off a Second Civil War though

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

How did you manage it? Just a lot of the +communism ministers? I tried going communist and breaking from the U.K. as the British Raj but got impatient with how slow it was going even with the communist focus trees and ministers and stuff. That was before the Commonwealth expansion though, maybe I'll try again now that it's out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just put a single Communist influencer in ASAP and was patient while trying to rebuild my infrastructure and focusing on Naval research stuff for the inevtiable war with the UK im planning.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

this is cool. I thought I was gonna kick off a Second Civil War though

cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its Jan 1941, Ive escaped the throes of the great depression and Im geared to hell and back to destroy canada and the disgusting imperialist United Kingdom. In this file I have figured out the naval and air mechanics

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

How did you manage it? Just a lot of the +communism ministers? I tried going communist and breaking from the U.K. as the British Raj but got impatient with how slow it was going even with the communist focus trees and ministers and stuff. That was before the Commonwealth expansion though, maybe I'll try again now that it's out.

With the Commonwealth puppets you have to revolt. Raj gets a special event but only if a bunch of criteria is met by UK and Japan.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Would people be around to try out the commonwealth revolt today? Looking at thread weve got

South Africa - Lumpy the Cook
Canada - In Training
Australia
Raj
New Zealand

And other minors, although they may not be as interesting because TFV added new trees for the above but not much else. Any interest in trying this out tonight?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

Would people be around to try out the commonwealth revolt today? Looking at thread weve got

Canada - In Training
Australia
Raj
New Zealand

And other minors, although they may not be as interesting because TFV added new trees for the above but not much else. Any interest in trying this out tonight?

I'm doing india I guess

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Yeah count me in. I'll be Australia or something.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Does anyone have the dlc though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Does anyone have the dlc though

As long as host has it everybody can use it. I've been thinking of picking it up anyway because I have all the other map game DLC anyway.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was also thinking of buying Vicky II lol.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have the DLC but my connection is rear end so I probably can't host. Also I'm not home till 7

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

In Training posted:

I was also thinking of buying Vicky II lol.

vicky 2 is cool

it's kind of a mess in a lot of ways but it's def worth experiencing imo

just remember: it's an old paradox game, so you need both expansions to get the patches etc

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

Canada - In Training
Australia
Raj
New Zealand

I'm up for sure. I have the season pass, also

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Canada - In Training
Australia
Raj
New Zealand

Its late here and i am drunk but sure. I said I'd do Malaysia.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Can you use mods in MP? Specifically, the mod that adds a lot more custom division icons?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Can you use mods in MP? Specifically, the mod that adds a lot more custom division icons?

You can but IIRC so must all the other players. Probably cause why I see people playing KR and the napoleonic world mod all teh time on the MP lobby

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

I have the DLC but my connection is rear end so I probably can't host. Also I'm not home till 7

EST? That can be the planned start time then.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Plutonis posted:

You can but IIRC so must all the other players. Probably cause why I see people playing KR and the napoleonic world mod all teh time on the MP lobby

Ahhh. It's this one https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699735138&searchtext= for anyone interested

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

EST? That can be the planned start time then.

PST :troll:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:dogstare:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How about 7 est for the new MP game?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Sounds good to me. Larry can hotjoin

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

How about 7 est for the new MP game?

I promised someone I'd play something around that time but I'll hotjoin if I can't make 7est

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

all right. it's 7

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

all right. it's 7

Just finished muh pizza and launching now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Waiting for Lumpy but otherwise we will start our epic overthrow of England.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

We are starting now with the 5 major commonwealth but people can hotjoin whenever they want

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

In Training posted:

We are starting now with the 5 major commonwealth but people can hotjoin whenever they want

i would really like try mp. my comp is really bad so its kind of a test. my steam name is ed vanders cn i try?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

White Genocide posted:

i would really like try mp. my comp is really bad so its kind of a test. my steam name is ed vanders cn i try?

Sure, although I couldn't find your steam page. If you check the stickied thread with steamids you can friend me and I'll invite you

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

In Training posted:

Sure, although I couldn't find your steam page. If you check the stickied thread with steamids you can friend me and I'll invite you

invite sent

White Genocide fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jan 8, 2017

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

thank you for letting me test. i look forward to having an adequate mapgaming rig :banjo:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

We are still playing and hotjoin is on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm sad that I can't seem to play online without hosting. Can't seem to find a reason/fix anywhere.