Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

flosofl posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about? Has that ever happened?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/07/us/taping-of-farm-cruelty-is-becoming-the-crime.html

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Yes, that's exactly the same as someone calling 911 when a finger gets chopped off.

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012

JB50 posted:

Is it still attached to that finger?

It got mangled in an incident at work.

The finger's fine though.

Captain Postal
Sep 16, 2007

JB50 posted:

Good luck suing someone for calling 911 for an amputated fingat.

The coworker also called the US agriculture inspector.

"By contacting the inspector instead of their supervisor, the worker both prolonged the time for a sterilization of the equipment and allowed more food to be contaminated, which directly resulted in increase losses for the company. Further, by allowing these increased losses they made the problem appear more serious than it was - there is no contamination issues with normal operation and there are no institutional failings - which caused reputational harm to the company and the supervisors. The correct response, which was company policy and the former employee was aware of, is to contact their supervisor and inform them (verbally only) that they had a concern that there might have been contamination which was likely below the FDA approved levels for human consumption" is what the lawyer would say.

They were a whistle blower. There is no way in hell they were going to get away with tattling on a corporation without at least some form of lawsuit to defend

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Did you download that off kazaa?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snopes looked into whether that photo was real and found several other photos of the overloaded car

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

FCKGW posted:

I like the use of rotten reclaimed barnwood for a loving ladder that one one cares about.

How are you even supposed to get off that thing safely?

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
It's supposed to be used like stairs, not a ladder. Which is terrifying.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

If someone invites you into a room they call a dungeon I don't think it matters whether it's a ladder or stairs.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Shoulds just bought one of those folding ladders that pop out when you open an attic.

Also a firemans pole would have been cooler. Not the flesh colored one

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
They should have built a dumb waiter. They clearly don't have the necessary skills to build an actual working dumb waiter but I would have enjoyed seeing the results anyway.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

it aids in digestion of potato

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord

Gorilla Salad posted:

"I offset it to the right to allow people enough room to step off the ladder and enter the dungeon."

Duh, don't you see the huge space to the left?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Hello ladies, follow me down my hell ladder to my Star Wars dungeon. :grovertoot:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'm mostly just surprised that someone who has a star wars dungeon would fit through that gap

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Prav posted:

i'm mostly just surprised that someone who has a star wars dungeon would fit through that gap

Some nerds are skeleton monsters wrapped in grease-skin.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

HEY NONG MAN posted:

This is absolutely nothing without the audio and the accompanying Nirvana remix.

This is still my favourite Sounds Like Smells Like video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLSjjNUFkJU

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

Where is that?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I'm not sure, but it screams Russia. Probably St Petersburg.

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned
My guess is China.

Edit: Nevermind, I see cyrillic on the wall.

moonsour fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jan 7, 2017

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Still better than British rail!

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

SLOSifl posted:

If someone invites you into a room they call a dungeon I don't think it matters whether it's a ladder or stairs.

if i'm ever rich i would want a dungeon but i could never actually build one because people would think it was a creepy sex dungeon and i'd always be all "no, it's just a normal dungeon with skeletons" but nobody would believe me.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Gorilla Salad posted:

I'm not sure, but it screams Russia. Probably St Petersburg.

Close guess, it's actually St. Petersburg, Florida.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

RyokoTK posted:

Close guess, it's actually St. Petersburg, Florida.

Hah, Florida doesn't have nearly as nice a public transport system.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

I spend half my life in Shoreditch. This is basically a documentary. gently caress them.

Dillbag posted:

Whats crazy is that video is 6.5 years old, which really shows you how far ahead the brits are when it comes to fuckbag hipsterism. I mean at this point they're probably riding bikes with no chains, an unfixie if you will.

I've seen someone ride a unicycle out of Hoxton station.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

it's ok the unicycle has awd

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

VectorSigma posted:

it's ok the unicycle has awd

And an ejector seat. In the event of an accident he'll be thrown clear to safety.

He should really have a high vis jacket though.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They should lower the road :goonsay:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Gorilla Salad posted:

I'm still confused as to why he didn't angle the stairs so they pointed down to the left so there'd be room

I feel like that was the plan but he built the steps first and measured the hole later

I really can't wait for when it's time to sell the house

So, uh, this is the ladder stair case

It goes down to the tv

That's in a Dun-

Geon

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
if she got a dick that i can put my dick into and then we make dickbabies i will be ok

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Zzulu posted:

if she got a dick that i can put my dick into and then we make dickbabies i will be ok

Dickbabies are not OSHA approved.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm still confused as to why he didn't angle the stairs so they pointed down to the left so there'd be room

I feel like that was the plan but he built the steps first and measured the hole later

Nope, there's a wall to the left on the upper story too. It's just a dumb plan all around.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

moist turtleneck posted:

Looking at the top right part of the photo, it looks like there's a wall meeting the floor, so if the stairs went that way you would be walking up into a wall.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

moist turtleneck posted:

I really can't wait for when it's time to sell the house

So, uh, this is the ladder stair case

It goes down to the tv

That's in a Dun-

Geon

On the left side of the hole is a fireplace. At the top side a solid wall. On the right side a glass door. And the hole can't be any larger or it would be blocking the door to the outside.

http://imgur.com/gallery/ruXzh

As for getting stuff in and out, the death stair is not the main entrance. The basement (root cellar?) has a door to the outside, but a while after he finished his TV dungeon he realized it's really inconvenient to go outside and walk around the house every time you want to get a drink or take a piss. Shocking. So he half-assed this ladder to provide internal access.

As for selling the house, just don't call it a dungeon. Call it a man cave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Detective Thompson posted:

Looking at the top right part of the photo, it looks like there's a wall meeting the floor, so if the stairs went that way you would be walking up into a wall.

So dropping a pre-fab spiral staircase was the correct answer here.