Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

And when it says "with a party of 3 FFXIII heroes" does that mean I need at least 3 from XIII + 2 more of whatever, or does it want just 3 party members total?
I assumed 3 total because I think that's how many characters you use in the actual game.

++ was pretty easy with Garnet BSB as RW; I assume Ashe works just as well. +++ I just used Lightning (BSB), Sazh, Vanille

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Haha, drat, Alphinaud and Onion Knight are hilarious when teamed up. They can just crap out so much damage in short order. Just completely chumped Primal Exdeath with a party of Exdeath (Grand Cross), Alphinaud (Aerial Blast), Onion Knight (Vessel of Fate), Vivi (Proof of Existence), and Aerith (White Materia). That wasn't even a challenge. Just constant chunks of damage.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

CaptainPsyko posted:

I mean, it's a big part of what they're for. What are you saving them for at this point, with an average of more than one a week coming in?

I just haven't felt the need to use them.

I was able to beat U++ battles with level 65 characters after all.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

pichupal posted:

Lion's BSB from the last XI event in Japan (The Shantotto Limit Chain Banner).

Edit: if we're talking ATK/DEF Breakdown SBs in general, you can include Yuffie's USB, Irvine's BSB (with ATK/RES and MAG/DEF commands), Freya's BSB, Auron's old SSB, and Vaan's new SSB.

Thanks for all of that! I need to start looking into aiming for some of these, because my over-dependence on Wall is going to cause issues in the future. Too many bosses use piercing attacks, and eventually it's going to bite my rear end in a big way.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Dr Pepper posted:

I just haven't felt the need to use them.

I was able to beat U++ battles with level 65 characters after all.

I have no idea why you would not use MC3s. They are intentionally power creeping enemies for level 99 characters/teams.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Elephant Ambush posted:

I have no idea why you would not use MC3s. They are intentionally power creeping enemies for level 99 characters/teams.

Same reason I never use megalixirs on the final boss probably.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
MC3s aren't an emergency consumable though, they're permanent increases in power. The only reason to not use them is if you have no good SB equipment which is highly unlikely at that point. Even then, pop em on you favourite characters - this is literally Final Fantasy Dream Team: The Game.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

acumen posted:

MC3s aren't an emergency consumable though, they're permanent increases in power. The only reason to not use them is if you have no good SB equipment which is highly unlikely at that point. Even then, pop em on you favourite characters - this is literally Final Fantasy Dream Team: The Game.

They're limited quantity though which is enough of a reason to hoard them like treasure. I didn't say it was logical just something that I can understand.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
My team for Ultima ended up being major overkill. Vaan with BSB, Agrias with Cleansing Strike, PCecil with BSB, Tyro with Wall, and Y'shtola with BSB. Rubicante was a tougher rear end in a top hat.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Alright, I could use some advice for Ultima weapon if anyone is willing.

My current team:

Papalymo (80/80) with leylines & blood of Espers, casting Firaja and Waterja
Y'shtola (80/80) with DMT and Stoneskin casting Magic breakdown and Curaja
Krile (87/99) with her BSB and Sharlayan Thaymaturge (increase black magic damage with a rod) casting Blizzaja and Thundaja
Selphie (70/80) with Dreamstage and battleforged casting curaga and shellga
Ramza (80/80) with shout and MM casting full break and mental break

I've been trying with Ramza RW Celes BSB, but I generally go down the last 1/4 of the battle. I can't seem to handle multiple doom ultimas back to back.

Other options:
OK (99/99) but no motes, Galuf (80/80) w/ his BSB, Steiner (80/80) and his imperil fire ssb, Terra (76/80) with tiara ssb, Leon (68/80) and his BSB, Bartz (65/65) and his defense ssb + unique sb

I'm not sure if it is doable for me at this point. Clearing Rubicante was a good feeling even if I can't complete the event considering I only started at the end of November.

I was stuck at the same spot and bringing a second healer to drop RW BSB heals got me through the last bit. Y'shtola's in a good position for that on your team.

Take MM off Ramza and throw it on Papalymo to get your faithga up ASAP. You don't need shout if you're running a mage team, but it sounds like you don't have any other support options leveled. Take magic breakdown off Y'shtola and hand it to Ramza; you'll want her healing or wall-ing every turn, especially toward the end. Alt. hand her a diaga to get the holy weakness.

Since your main medica isn't a bsb, you might want to hone up another curaja for Selphie, if you can.

If the mage team really isn't working, you could try a physical team with any two of OK, Steiner, Galuf, or Leon as your DPSes. Seems like you're not having any issues dealing damage though, so as long as you can boost your survivability you should have this in the bag.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Adel posted:

My team for Ultima ended up being major overkill. Vaan with BSB, Agrias with Cleansing Strike, PCecil with BSB, Tyro with Wall, and Y'shtola with BSB. Rubicante was a tougher rear end in a top hat.

I used the same SBs on Vaan/Tyro/Y'shtola and Rubicante was possibly the easiest fight out of that entire set. When you have mitigation up you can just hammer away at him and his counter fira will only do 3-400 damage without fire resists all while supercharging your SB bars from those aoe hits. Meanwhile Y'shtola can span ~1500 aoe heals every turn when she isn't firing Asylum itself for ~4k hp and stoneskin. I'm not sure I could've died without letting Wall and/or Shellga wear off Shell+Wall+Vaan BSB shuts down magic damage, and you had Agrias's SB on top of it.

I know Ultima can be easiler since Y'shtola's BSB lets you keep pace with his ultima spam, but Rubicante's a total joke in this event with that much mitigation.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 8, 2017

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I'm trying to save mythril for TG Cid but I could not resist a shot at Vanille's BSB. I don't regret my pull:

That Punisher is also my 3rd so I was able to make my first reforge. I'm pretty hype about it. Whose RM is the one that boosts spear damage significantly? I need that RM.

And just gently caress Snow. That BSB is really good but I loathe the character. I'm going to level it up but only so that someone else can use it as synergy armor. :laugh:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Finally beat the D200 Torment. I have absolutely no good AoE bursts; I have plenty of great utility bursts (Celes, OK, Vaan, Tyro, both Aerith and Y'shtola), but my best AoE options are Whirl Cut off Fenrir Overdrive or Scattershot off Trigger Happy. :shepicide:

As of such, I hate this Torment dungeon with a fiery passion.

pichupal posted:

Edit: if we're talking ATK/DEF Breakdown SBs in general, you can include Yuffie's USB, Irvine's BSB (with ATK/RES and MAG/DEF commands), Freya's BSB, Auron's old SSB, and Vaan's new SSB.

Or just pack Mug Bloodlust. :v:

EDIT: I just now realized that my plan for the pigs sounds like a Cirque Du Soleil routine.

"Okay, Cloud, start spinning around and don't stop until you have to get back on your motorcycle. Faris, alternate breakdancing and shooting a cannon into the air. Celes, Ramza, you're on vocals."

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jan 8, 2017

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Elephant Ambush posted:

That Punisher is also my 3rd so I was able to make my first reforge. I'm pretty hype about it. Whose RM is the one that boosts spear damage significantly? I need that RM.

Fang. Should be coming next wave in the Cecil/Rydia OSB event. Quina and Edgar have the 20% versions while waiting.

FeralWraith posted:

Thanks for all of that! I need to start looking into aiming for some of these, because my over-dependence on Wall is going to cause issues in the future. Too many bosses use piercing attacks, and eventually it's going to bite my rear end in a big way.

If it's just stacking breaks, you could aim for Mobius 2. It's not the best Banner but Garland's SSB is ATK/DEF, Echo's SSB is MAG/RES, and Wol's SSB is ATK/MAG. All AoE too.

If Setzer's BSB reappears in the upcoming Sabin event, that's an ATK/MAG Breakdown BSB too.

Edit: That said, Wol and Garland sort of suck, but Echo makes a decent Mage, has Dancer 5 for Support, and has a decent RM3 (MAG +15%, start wearing Sunglasses).

pichupal fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jan 8, 2017

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I did a quick scan of my inventory. I only have 1 magic BSB (Hopes) and 6 physical. I have 2 offensive magic SSB (Hope & Rydia), and more physical & healing than I care to count.

This Summon banner can't come soon enough, no wonder I've been crashing on anything that can't be brute forced with a physical party

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Finally tackled Aiatar on Multiplayer.

Went with the almost self-sufficient duo of Maria BSB with Drainga/Meltdown and Selphie BSB (and SSB for emergencies) with Faith/Curaise so I wouldn't have to worry about someone else bringing MAG buffs for 6-Hit Maria. Meltdown was useful for when Selphie needed to use Dreamstage since the MAG/MND buff from her BSB would drop, and Drainga for healing if the Healers are panicking to revive someone. It also means I can bring 2 MAG buffs for anyone else who brought mages, like the person who brought Terra's OSB and destroyed Aiatar with me.

edit: I also got to see 2 Y'shtola's play the "Who's gonna use what SB" game on the first turn.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 8, 2017

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I pulled off the Torment CM!

I based my strat on an Imgur guide that someone on Reddit posted here, illustrating a team with no super gear or SBs. The basic keys most people wouldn't bring: Galuf as a ninja, and Witchcraft. For extra DPS, I honed Tiamat to R4. Between Sheepsong and Witchcraft, I was doing two hits on it reliably.

My personal key to victory was one of Faris's SBs, Sea Lord's Broadside. Even after my RW Wall wore off, SLB kept the damage sufficiently mitigated that I cleared it with everybody alive.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Despite throwing everything at XIV 1, I'm somehow at 75 mythril and I haven't even touched the XIII event. The Summoner banner is starting to look sexy again.

pichupal posted:

edit: I also got to see 2 Y'shtola's play the "Who's gonna use what SB" game on the first turn.

I cannot stress how much I hate Wall Chicken.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Adel posted:

Despite throwing everything at XIV 1, I'm somehow at 75 mythril and I haven't even touched the XIII event. The Summoner banner is starting to look sexy again.

I cannot stress how much I hate Wall Chicken.

The trick is to unequip wall before joining the group. Then if you see nobody has it, swap it back in.

As soon as someone sees another wall they start to hesitate.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

CaptainPsyko posted:

The trick is to unequip wall before joining the group. Then if you see nobody has it, swap it back in.

As soon as someone sees another wall they start to hesitate.

What if they do the same thing :tinfoil:

But really thanks for the tip, it was right in front of me this whole time.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
I usually use the I'll Heal stamp during the loading at the beginning when I see another wall and people seem to get it. Or they were just mashing it anyway.

The worst I had in multiplayer was having a team that could easily clear the hardest Gilgamesh fight but the guy using Finishing Touch absolutely would not touch Enkidu for three straight tries. I am Mist Opportuniting so hard but it can only do so much.

ParliamentOfDogs fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 8, 2017

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Hm, sitting on 76 Mythril, saving for that FFT banner, though wondering if I should possibly plop anything down for the FF13/14 banners in the meantime.

Relics w/ SBs: Plat Sword (6 star), Defender (II), Overture (13), Onion Sword, Engine Blade, Gungnir (3), Strange Vision, Mistiltein (6 star), Thyrus, Dream Harp, Fairy Flute, Nephilim Flute, Red Scorpion, Fixed Dice, Sentinel's Grimoire, Bismarck. Tiara, Diamond Shield (1), Grand Armor, White Mage Robe (3)

Only 99 I have right now is Luneth ,with Vanille also having her MC3 used. Usually fielding Luneth/Gilgamesh/Ramza/Vanille/Tyro for hard stuff, with the fifth slot a rotating door if I don't need a wall.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Hrm, whats the trick for Ultimate + Lone Warrior of Light? He would use two Salvos and wipe me before I could get buffs up.

Edit: Three Salvos and still not enough to use Selpies Dreamstage. Jesus christ.
What sort of Medicas do people use for healing? Ive been getting along so far with just an R4 Curaga. Between a Wall, and Mighty Guard, most fights dont hit for much.

Johnny Aztec fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jan 8, 2017

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Johnny Aztec posted:

Hrm, whats the trick for Ultimate + Lone Warrior of Light?

death resist

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Kumog posted:

Hm, sitting on 76 Mythril, saving for that FFT banner, though wondering if I should possibly plop anything down for the FF13/14 banners in the meantime.

Relics w/ SBs: Plat Sword (6 star), Defender (II), Overture (13), Onion Sword, Engine Blade, Gungnir (3), Strange Vision, Mistiltein (6 star), Thyrus, Dream Harp, Fairy Flute, Nephilim Flute, Red Scorpion, Fixed Dice, Sentinel's Grimoire, Bismarck. Tiara, Diamond Shield (1), Grand Armor, White Mage Robe (3)

Only 99 I have right now is Luneth ,with Vanille also having her MC3 used. Usually fielding Luneth/Gilgamesh/Ramza/Vanille/Tyro for hard stuff, with the fifth slot a rotating door if I don't need a wall.

Wait, what relic is Greg using? If you don't need to Tauntaliate, Leon is a decent option since his SSB give him the Sentinel effect to Draw Fire/Magic Lure, and you can always give him the crappy equipment since he can use Dark Bargain.

Anyways, on pulling for banners, it might depend on what you want to do. You don't have a lot of offensive Magical stuff, but you have a Mage Shout (Eddie's Harp) and a stackable MAG buff (Selphie's MAG/MND buff on Strange Vision) so if you want to build a mage team, the second XIII banner or the Summoner Lucky Draw are both good choices. If you don't care about building a Mage team, waiting for Orlandeau is probably better.

Also FYI to everyone: two events left (IX, X) then Orlandeau arrives.

edit:

Johnny Aztec posted:

Hrm, whats the trick for Ultimate + Lone Warrior of Light? He would use two Salvos and wipe me before I could get buffs up.

Edit: Three Salvos and still not enough to use Selpies Dreamstage. Jesus christ.
What sort of Medicas do people use for healing? Ive been getting along so far with just an R4 Curaga. Between a Wall, and Mighty Guard, most fights dont hit for much.

Someone covered Death resist, so I'll just add it might be time to move up to Curaja if you're tackling U+ and up.

I personally didn't issues taking the A-team through Bartz (native Wall and ATK/MAG breakdown helps), but making sure Wall/Protectga/Breaks are up will always be important. I think the Blue Mage Salvo is the only spell he uses, so Dreamstage will be nice if you don't have Gravity resist stuff. He does a lot of AoE damage, so Heavy Regen is good if you have access to it, or an RW Healer BSB like Y'shtola or Eiko can help. If you have the space for it, bring Armor Break(down) for after Trueblade of Legend, and Full Break for after Light of the Four to get rid of his stat buffs.

Don't forget Dispel/Banishing Strike for mastery too.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jan 8, 2017

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Well, looks like I found my breakoff point. I can do anything under 140, but not 140. Ultimate Chudo-Yudo was tearing me up. Got it to about half life on Yudo and Ultimate Bartz, though, so damage isn't too much of an issue. (Although more damage is always good)

I would like to get Yudo down, if anyone has suggestions. It has the Vortex rin, and I'd like to grab it (and 7 Major summon orbs is pretty sexy)

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Johnny Aztec posted:

Well, looks like I found my breakoff point. I can do anything under 140, but not 140. Ultimate Chudo-Yudo was tearing me up. Got it to about half life on Yudo and Ultimate Bartz, though, so damage isn't too much of an issue. (Although more damage is always good)

I would like to get Yudo down, if anyone has suggestions. It has the Vortex rin, and I'd like to grab it (and 7 Major summon orbs is pretty sexy)

How reliable are the difficulty ratings, anyway? I just started playing this about a month or so ago, and I can do most content up to 99 with a slight amount of effort. I just tried to do Summoned Terrors + and I blew through everything just killing Leviathan.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Mill Village posted:

How reliable are the difficulty ratings, anyway? I just started playing this about a month or so ago, and I can do most content up to 99 with a slight amount of effort. I just tried to do Summoned Terrors + and I blew through everything just killing Leviathan.

You have to remember that the older difficulty ratings were not designed with SSBs or roaming warriors in mind, but even with that, it's often arbitrary.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
I've got no relics for Greg yet, so he's usually using the Plat Sword/Grand Armor to tauntilate. Mostly using him because he's my favorite char, and while Leon's catching up (he's 50 atm), he's not half as fun to use. Making Tyro bonk Greg in the back of the head to coax him into attacking doesn't get old.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Draw on 13-2 for Cid or wait for... other Cid?

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Johnny Aztec posted:

If you have any fire resist gear, use it. It only does physical attacks (yes the fire breath in this case is a physical attack) so leave magic breakdown and shellga at home. Also optimize your gear for defense rather than resistance. Poison it early since that will eat away quite a bit of its hp over the course of the fight (it will do approx 4000 damage every 5 seconds). Several of its attacks ignore defense, so if you have any stacking debuffs (reduces more than one stat, like ATK/RES, ATK/MAG, etc) then those can be very helpful to reduce its damage, since for those attacks your protectga and/or wall will do nothing to reduce them. If you have any physical-blink soulbreaks (like Arc's SSB heal) then that could be really useful to reduce incoming damage.

If you don't have any fire resist accessories, it might be worthwhile to defend right after it does its Swing attack with anyone who has low hp if their ATB bar hits full right then, since he will next always do the fire breath attack.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

Johnny Aztec posted:

Hard to know without looking at what you are working with but general advice would be make sure you are poisoning him early in the fight and going all in on physical damage mitigation because I'm pretty sure he never uses magic. If you have any fire resist accessories they will help.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Well, as far as Bursts go, I have:

Theif's Knife, but I dont have Locke leveled past 50ish. Not that matters as I can buy his MC2 and egg him up.
The Ogre
Overture (Im using Lighting right now, as I was using her to get the Mastery from her event)
Curtana for Minfila (little disappointed in her damage, but I'm sure it'll be better once I hit an actual holy weak mob)

Rhomphaia for Fang ( I think I've got a good little wind thing going on. Got Bartz Cape as well)
Veil of Wiyu
Artemis Bow (I think I have all of Fariss SBs unless they added some more.
Shooting Star

Non Burst(but still good?):
Dream Harp
Fairy Flute
Lust Dagger
Thyrus (but ive just been RW a wall)
Excalibur (V)
Just noticd I have a Luminous robe for Relm. Hastga/ Crit chance up.
I have the Grand Armor for Ramza. Should I be using him?
Wizards gloves,

Oh!, I do have a physical Blink! Got a Gungir for Gordan.

As far as my team goes, I generally always use Quistis with Mighty Guard, and Selphie with Dreamstage. The rest get moved in and out based on Mastery/weakness needs.
Lately, Edea has been having a perm spot, with her Time Crush, Moment Mori and The uhh 5* Darkness that hits twice.

I have picked up a few Fire res items lately. Lockes bandana, and a Flame Ring.

Johnny Aztec fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jan 8, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mill Village posted:

Difficulty numbers represent two things: The level of the enemies (which is arbitrary/set to the exact difficulty number and independent of stats except for the idea that "higher level = more stats") and "whatever the developers decide to tack on it". In particular, early elites are overtuned for their difficulty and quite a few events are undertuned, depending.

A better gauge of how well you'll do is stamina costs; if you can clear the last (normal) stage of an event, you can pretty much take on anything up to 19-stamina-per-stage elites without issue, but you might not be able to get through two 20-stamina bosses (which is what the + battles are). The exception is things that cost 1 stamina, which are absolutely designed to break you in half and are cheap to compensate for that.

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Hard to know without looking at what you are working with but general advice would be make sure you are poisoning him early in the fight and going all in on physical damage mitigation because I'm pretty sure he never uses magic. If you have any fire resist accessories they will help.

He uses exactly one spell: Missile Salvo, which is gravity (and thus unaffected by mitigation).

Other tips: If you have Draw Fire (and/or Retaliate), it affects the normal spellblade attacks, Knight Double Cut (his counter), and Ranger Quad Shot, but does not affect Sword Dance, the Spellblade barrages, or his threshold attacks. Retaliate also makes you safe from Monk Kick, but not Dancer Sword Dance.

Armor Breakdown will overwrite his self-buff from Trueblade, Full Break will overwrite his buff from Light of the Four, so bringing those is strongly recommended.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jan 8, 2017

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

Johnny Aztec posted:

Well, as far as Bursts go, I have:

I have picked up a few Fire res items lately. Lockes bandana, and a Flame Ring.

If I were you, and this is contingent on your hones, I would try

Yshtola- Use mako might for stoneskin then heal and protectga
Gordon - use dr mogs for that attack/magic boost and physical blink then use full break/ power breakdown.

Then some combination of Alphinaud/Fang/Luneth or Zidane for wind shenanigans. Who you should pick really depends on which type of abilities you have honed. I would suggest Zidane because you can give him Poison Shell which will help out a lot with damage and if you have mug bloodlust it will do really well here. Sub one out for Quistis if you just can't get it down without haste/regen, but if you do that then make sure you do poison him because your damage will suffer.

Then RW a medica, something like Yshtola's Asylum or Vanille's Transcedent Dream. Have Yshtola cast this after she uses stoneskin. The physical blink from Gordon to start the fight should help you survive until you are spamming medica.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
So the PDF shows this upcoming thing called Dungon Update and I was wondering what exactly are the mechanics on that...is that one of those events where realm dungeons cost half stamina for a while? Cause for a fairly new player like me that would be amazing. I'm at 84 stamina now and it's really getting to be a slog of 0-2 shards per dungeon and they cost more than half my pool just to get one.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

MannersPlease posted:

So the PDF shows this upcoming thing called Dungon Update and I was wondering what exactly are the mechanics on that...is that one of those events where realm dungeons cost half stamina for a while? Cause for a fairly new player like me that would be amazing. I'm at 84 stamina now and it's really getting to be a slog of 0-2 shards per dungeon and they cost more than half my pool just to get one.

they just add a few more dungeon stages at the bottom. it's not terribly exciting.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Has any game actually finished in the main dungeons? If so, do they do anything special for the finales?

Also when do we get a hildibrand event

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Farg posted:

Has any game actually finished in the main dungeons? If so, do they do anything special for the finales?

Also when do we get a hildibrand event

At the very least 1 and 4 are finished and nothing special happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

CaptainPsyko posted:

I assume you mean Lightning because both Fang SSB's are single target. In which case... sort of.

So, first off, both the new SSB and the old one (Crushing Blow) are both AoE. The old one is 6.5 total lightning damage. The new one is 4.9 total lightning/non damage... and enthunder. Which boosts future lightning element SB's damage by 80%. (And lightning skills like our newest 5* Spellblade that Lightning would need to dive to use by 50%).

So, the old soul break is actually better... unless the enemy resists lightning, or you have both, in which case, the optimal play is to cast the new SSB, and then follow it up with the old SSB.

thanks for the answer and followup - actually forgot that I ALSO have Fang's old and new SSB's so same question for that - is it optimal to fire her second for the enWind and then the first? Or is the second just better overall? I'm talking pure damage - I know the first comes with a debuff but it'd be nice to know if I'm sacrificing damage for the debuff or not.

• Locked thread