Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Deluxe Jetstorm is the definitive Good Toy In A Bad Line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

DoctorWhat posted:

This toy is so elusive
A PlanetSteel exclusive

3PMP import
Bootleg of the in-store
OF THE IN-STORE YEAH!

This is the beast of the B-sides
I had to order him online!
I got the Reprolabels on fine!
This is the beast of the B-sides!

He's so GOOD, right? Just everything about it. Transformation, look, size, everything. All of it.

Rhyno posted:

Nope. They'll be releasing just box of the combiner bits in the near future.

Lookin forward to it.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Tighclops posted:

I was born in 87, so basically as much as I love the retro late-80's nostalgia funzone that HasTak has been happy to have we manchildren wallow in as much as the rest of you guys even *I'm* ready for something else to get referenced like Armada recolours to mix things up a bit. I really appreciated Generations Tankor even if his subsequent inclusion in the IDWverse makes no sense, anyway "lol BM has no positive things about it" is a stale joke excuse me while I preorder more nu-headmasters

Just because it's time for some new blood doesn't mean we have to go straight to the swamp water. I'd rather see them salvage stuff from the Unicron Trilogy or RiD than dig through Beast Machines for desperate nuggets of potential.

In fact, even though I don't like the Unicron Trilogy at all, really, once they're done with Titan Class Trypticon, Scorponok, and Omega, I would be 100% on board with a Titan Class Tidal Wave. Maybe that's just the kid who wanted the USS Flagg and never got it in me talking, but I think they could do some pretty cool stuff with him at that size.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Gentlemen I think it's time that we finally compile the definitive list of good BM toys. Leaving show, character, etc out of it, I consider these to be Good Transformer Toys:

Rattrap
Air Attack Primal
Blast Punch Primal
Blackarachnia
Motorcycle Drone
Tank Drone
Battle Unicorn
Beast Changer
That little hammerhead shark dude

What say you?

Phy posted:

Deluxe Jetstorm is the definitive Good Toy In A Bad Line.

Night Slash Cheetor
Longhorn
Thrust
Night Viper
Snarl (Besides the GPS)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

All the vehicons are great toys.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Apologies if this was already posted, but here are carded/boxed photos of Wave 4:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/titans-return-wave-4-figures.1096141/

I like that Topspin's Titan Master looks like a tiny version of him.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Keldroc posted:

Just because it's time for some new blood doesn't mean we have to go straight to the swamp water. I'd rather see them salvage stuff from the Unicron Trilogy or RiD than dig through Beast Machines for desperate nuggets of potential.

In fact, even though I don't like the Unicron Trilogy at all, really, once they're done with Titan Class Trypticon, Scorponok, and Omega, I would be 100% on board with a Titan Class Tidal Wave. Maybe that's just the kid who wanted the USS Flagg and never got it in me talking, but I think they could do some pretty cool stuff with him at that size.

Nah gently caress that ugly noise and bring back Vehicons properly

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Tighclops posted:

Vehicons should be what they call the ones who discriminate against beast alt modes like Ravage and co in IDW.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Apologies if this was already posted, but here are carded/boxed photos of Wave 4:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/titans-return-wave-4-figures.1096141/

I like that Topspin's Titan Master looks like a tiny version of him.

Here's some images of them in hand.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Uncorked TWINFERNO today. Wish he had wrist swivels but I still like him, he's a weirdo cyborg mishmash with Nataku arms and stumpy legs and freakin batwings. And the saddest crotchplate I've ever seen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This dude is actually pretty great. But he's too big for my little photo booth

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

All the vehicons are great toys.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Blastcharge was legendarily weak, even at the time of release. His vehicle mode is great but not worth it. Reminds me a little bit of Armada Demolishor in that regard actually, though he's closer to not sucking than mr. tire-knees here.

WickedHate posted:

Vehicons should be what they call the ones who discriminate against beast alt modes like Ravage and co in IDW.

This is what I'm talking about, right here. What a neat idea!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The "you tried" of transformers.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Worst Vehicon but Jesus Christ Silverbolt was worse. And I generally like Beast Machines. But that toy was rear end.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
blastcharge is at least funny and has a good vehicle mode, silverbolt is just blurgh

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Ohhhh Topspin looks so appealing because he's a heavy Triggerhappy remold. Now I get it.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Tighclops posted:

Vehicons are those cool TFP army builders and so it shall forever be.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Personally I want to see the Decepticlones again, those guys were the coolest thing from the Armada videogame

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Keldroc posted:

Vehicons are those cool TFP army builders and so it shall forever be.

I'm disappointed there we so few colors to collect. I'm aware of the general and the club "ivory" molds.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is bisk available anywhere online or is he another Eternally Out Of Stock Deluxe

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Invictus posted:

Is bisk available anywhere online or is he another Eternally Out Of Stock Deluxe

I made three stops today looking for Stormshot, TRU has like 6 Bisks.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I liked Night Viper. He was kind of cool. Not perfect, but cool.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

I love Ke$ha's song about that guy. He was the best.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Bought a Masterpiece Inferno from China, cheaper than anywhere on eBay by a margin of $10 AND randomly came with super express courier posting. I mentioned how bizarrely awesome this was to my gf and she's like "... so it fell off the back of a truck, yeah?".

Is that likely? Kinda not into that.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Lol if it's not a ko your super lucky, if it's in any way even remotely a legitimate purchase go and buy a lottery ticket right now.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I don't think there are any KOs of Inferno doing the rounds yet.

If you're feeling morally compromised though you can send it to me and I'll live with the burden of guilt for you.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Asphyxious posted:

Bought a Masterpiece Inferno from China, cheaper than anywhere on eBay by a margin of $10 AND randomly came with super express courier posting. I mentioned how bizarrely awesome this was to my gf and she's like "... so it fell off the back of a truck, yeah?".

Is that likely? Kinda not into that.
Over $10? No, it's probably just someone who wants to get rid of it. I don't see why someone who stole it wouldn't just put it up at the going rate. You think the MP cops are gonna bust down his door at any minute and he's gotta get this hot robot out the window before they do?

And yeah shipping out of China is bizarrely fast.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Blastcharge is fine. :colbert:

I love the Punisher-esque Universe deco a lot.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

TFRazorsaw posted:

Blastcharge is fine. :colbert:

I love the Punisher-esque Universe deco a lot.

I like to think of Blastcharge as an example of a Cybertronian who is more comfortable in their Alt-mode than in their Robot mode

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

No but seriously that's a handsome combination of colors.

Universe 1.0 had some really underappreciated redecoes.

Reptilion, Snarl, Blastcharge, Skywarp, Striker, the Air Raid and Wind Sheer Cyberjet redecoes, Frostbite, and Depthcharge were some of my favorites.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I had forgotten all about Universe 1.0, it was *great* to help fill out the Armada era with some really rad decos. Nothing will ever make me buy the Blastcharge mold again (I bought it the same night I saw Charlie's Angels with some friends, an evening full of poor choices) but that is a fine rear end paint job right there.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Look at that. I love a red and blue colorscheme.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

No but seriously that's a handsome combination of colors.

Universe 1.0 had some really underappreciated redecoes.

Reptilion, Snarl, Blastcharge, Skywarp, Striker, the Air Raid and Wind Sheer Cyberjet redecoes, Frostbite, and Depthcharge were some of my favorites.

Know that Universe Razorclaw was a vastly superior repaint to the original, too.

Chefatron has reviews up of most the newest wave guys, both Titans Return and RiD too (Brawn is awesome, and RiD Soundwave is too). That guy tends to ramble a bit however though the reviews are still short. There's a couple of photo reviews over TFW too if you wanna see.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Heh. I remember back in the day people were really angry that Universe Razorclaw wasn't in G1 Predacon colors.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

By the way Leader Skyshadow is incredible and the way his pants transform is :aaaaa: even if it makes the turret immobile.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

By the way Leader Skyshadow is incredible and the way his pants transform is :aaaaa: even if it makes the turret immobile.

I have no connection to the character and I am practically drooling in anticipation. Just imagine how good Overlord is gonna be!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Man, Rescue Bots RID Blurr has a really cool transformation and so does TR Kup. And yeah, Skyshadow (waiting on Overlord) is rad too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Blackheart posted:

Is there a video?