Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Don't you get a bunch of candle wolf greens dropping from Goto-9 or whatever on 11f, super easy to kill with upgraded irons, or anything really, you just ring around the rosy and run back to the elevator ad infinitum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Fair warning, the sniper rifle is the most expensive weapon in the game. +4 version 2 costs 21k, i can only imagine how expensive the final version is.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

HoneyBoy posted:

Don't you get a bunch of candle wolf greens dropping from Goto-9 or whatever on 11f, super easy to kill with upgraded irons, or anything really, you just ring around the rosy and run back to the elevator ad infinitum

Might have to try that. I've Iron + in the store at the moment.

FrickenMoron posted:

Fair warning, the sniper rifle is the most expensive weapon in the game. +4 version 2 costs 21k, i can only imagine how expensive the final version is.

I'll laugh if the price makes me choose either the rifle or a Mushroom Stew.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
It's also ridiculously fun to shoot haters in the head from the entire map away.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Wait can you afk on escalators?

Like indefinitely?

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

HoneyBoy posted:

Wait can you afk on escalators?

Like indefinitely?

Yeah I guess. Sort of unnecessary though. Jackals don't spawn if the level isn't clear and you can pause the game by going in the DH service menu.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Megaflare posted:

Yeah I guess. Sort of unnecessary though. Jackals don't spawn if the level isn't clear and you can pause the game by going in the DH service menu.

Haha, figures they'd make that menu the one where you're safe.

_____!
May 2, 2004

HoneyBoy posted:

That is almost exactly what I've been doing to farm green metals and cash for mushroom stews. Only difference is I run through Max on the 10F first for the money. With my 3 star striker a +2 long sword will take him out with only 4 hits so it does not take an appreciable amount of time. Then I head straight to the hater on 11, grab all the money from the chests and then beat up Goto. Minimal time and about 13,000KC (with a lucky cat decal) a pop.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Wish I could farm DOD green metals like that, instead I have to buy them from the moving store or find em in gold chests I think? Annoying either way.

edit: well duh I didn't even consider raiding for money, I think I'll do that for a while.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
So for a raging bull build... which class do you guys use? I can't decide if its gonna be an attacker or shooter. Striker is out of the question because I dont want to get into close contact with everyone.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Seems like they changed how fights work.

You're no longer locked into a list of fight targets in TDM until you drop out of the fight from a loss. Can access the regular Random/Revenge/Rescue now.

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

FrickenMoron posted:

So for a raging bull build... which class do you guys use? I can't decide if its gonna be an attacker or shooter. Striker is out of the question because I dont want to get into close contact with everyone.

I use an attacker but am in melee. If you are strictly going to stay ranged you should probably do shooter for the extra hp. Attacker is a little annoying because 15% is ~800 hp even with 24 points in hp. This is low enough that it isn't uncommon for natural regen/small heals from eating mushrooms to push you over the boundary and you need to periodically drop a snail or do something to drop back down.

Just about everything dies or is stunned in one hit so playing melee and not getting hit isn't really as hard as it might seem at first.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Protip: If you run into Wakaba today from above dont go through the self locking door (that is open on Okusa days...) It will send you on a 6 map detour back to the elevator.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Ha ha ha, the 'combo bonus' for the two handed axe is superarmor.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

This is the detour I had to run just now. At least I brought home some good stuff:

-2 Golden birds
- Ultra pure iron
- Oxygen free copper
- Aluminum 7075
- Mahogany

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

gibbed posted:

Seems like they changed how fights work.

You're no longer locked into a list of fight targets in TDM until you drop out of the fight from a loss. Can access the regular Random/Revenge/Rescue now.

Yeah might be buggy. I got locked out of my fight list (no I didn't lose). Not sure if it was because I went from Bronze to Silver during the fight or because I was doing Revenges.

Grinding out silver totally worth it though, dev hater raids are so good.

Unsmart fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 7, 2017

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Oh my god my expeditions just brought home 6 funshrooms. Im literally in heaven, thats around 300k KC saved equipment wise.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Copper Wire Mountain is a myth perpetuated by Big Barb to get you to to believe you can eventually make a Cleaver Saber but really you'll just have Iron Bolts coming out your rear end.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

FrickenMoron posted:

Oh my god my expeditions just brought home 6 funshrooms. Im literally in heaven, thats around 300k KC saved equipment wise.

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Copper Wire Mountain is a myth perpetuated by Big Barb to get you to to believe you can eventually make a Cleaver Saber but really you'll just have Iron Bolts coming out your rear end.

It's real and the cleaver saber is a fantastic weapon against almost everything but bone tubers.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Stealthed Zombie posted:

If you can progress to f26, oshimi has nothing but copper in it.

After I went there and got my fill, I made a trip to the kawabe chest and found akami and kawabe full of copper :v:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Radio Paranoia posted:

It's real and the cleaver saber is a fantastic weapon against almost everything but bone tubers.

Speaking of that I met Bone Tubers for the first last night, on a bone tuber challenge level. It cost me all my armor, and all my healing items. But not my life thanks to my perm Blood Sucker decal. (And I got to 10F and unlocked Lucky Star, so it was a really exciting run) What is the best strategy for fighting those guys?

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I kind of wish SPL and money stacked in the reward box, but it is convenient being able to somewhat control how much you can take out and store.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

DalaranJ posted:

Speaking of that I met Bone Tubers for the first last night, on a bone tuber challenge level. It cost me all my armor, and all my healing items. But not my life thanks to my perm Blood Sucker decal. (And I got to 10F and unlocked Lucky Star, so it was a really exciting run) What is the best strategy for fighting those guys?

The easy way is to block their attacks and then kill them. The clean way is to sprint away from an attack then turn around and retaliate.

They look scary at first, but they're a joke if you let them go first.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

The iron makes hilariously short work of reversal tubers :allears:

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
After I complained I went up to Floor 25, found a copper wire mountain, went to floor 26 where I proceeded to find 2 pure copper and copper scraps. Fortunately I found the second copper wire mountain coming back down through 25 as apparently I missed it.

Got to make my Cleaver Saber!

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Is 33F really the last main elevator?! Climbing 7 floors just to challenge the final boss sounds insane!

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
No. There's One on 36F, 37F and 39F. Look at my Screenshot up there.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

FrickenMoron posted:

No. There's One on 36F, 37F and 39F. Look at my Screenshot up there.

Ah, so the wiki is just very very misinformed. Gotcha.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I picked up a mision to kill 3 treasure tubers. That was a couple of days ago, and I still dont think I've even seen a treasure tuber in the game ever. Where am I likely to find them?

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

SiKboy posted:

I picked up a mision to kill 3 treasure tubers. That was a couple of days ago, and I still dont think I've even seen a treasure tuber in the game ever. Where am I likely to find them?

Think they just spawn randomly, possibly replacing a different tuber spawn. They are pretty rare. There's one guaranteed spawn in one of the side rooms in 21-30 the name of which I forget. Starts with an O, at the bottom of a side elevator shaft. It's the last mob in one of the trap rooms in there.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
:gonk: killing U-10 and COEN in one trip to unlock 35F is probably one of the most stressful video game tasks I've ever completed

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Getting stuck fighting GOTO-9 in the 21-30 section was not very pleasant. Especially when I don't have 3-star weapons researched yet nor the knowledge that I would need more 2-star weapons than what I prepped for. Triply so when he's actually not that difficult to fight once you've caught on to his quirks but your punches are only doing 25-30 a hit, barely nudging his health bar.

Ah well. I don't need to salvage that character after that fight. And I guess I'm grinding for drops. :sigh:

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
I didn't think there was anything I hate worse in this game then trekking out to a gold chest and have it open up to reveal cash, but I have discovered that a gold chest can give you a loving two-star weapon on floor 28, making the 20 minute trip out to it totally worthwhile.

My original plan was to get enough milk to unlock all these weapons I found blueprints for, but on second thought gently caress that. I'll get one more to finish my sabre and call it good. Cripes but locking so much of the F21+ cool equipment behind the RNG of a gold chest is a goddamn stupid idea.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Meiteron posted:

Cripes but locking so much of the F21+ cool equipment behind the RNG of a gold chest is a goddamn stupid idea.

Ya that's whats getting to me lately. I really love the gameplay, good fighting, lotsa neat weapons but the chore that is farming stupidly rare materials to upgrade things has really bled out the fun. If you didn't need so many of them it wouldn't be so bad but I just got to floor 31 and got the cleaver and the bowling pin on a stick blueprints which require ridiculous amounts of even more black metals and I just shut off the game. Maybe I'll come back to it in a month or two but right now I just don't want to farm anymore.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
How long of a stretch is say, 17f to 25f for the 4-star fighters?

I only have one leveled 3-star striker right now and a couple of leftover 2-stars, though I do have maxed Machete and Irons with almost fully upgraded 2-star equips and optimal decals. How am I looking for that next big stretch? Should I brew up another 3-star?

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015
Should be able to make it.

Biggest roadblock would be the boss on 23, but if you have the iron that will make it much smoother.

Other than that just be careful with the normal enemies, they are a tier above you with better equipment so don't get in over your head.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
I just started, and keep getting killed by level 30 haters on the second or third floor. How the hell do I avoid this?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Coolwhoami posted:

I just started, and keep getting killed by level 30 haters on the second or third floor. How the hell do I avoid this?

Hold on to your butt because it only gets worse from there.

Learn their positions and work out how far you can safely progress before triggering one. If you return to the waiting room you'll reset the floor configuration so you can explore more. Try alternate paths and focus on getting blueprints and better materials. Also, if your guy gets killed by a hater, they should take the place of the high level guy.

The game is a constant war of attrition between your fighters' levels and equipment versus absolutely huge dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

HoneyBoy posted:

How long of a stretch is say, 17f to 25f for the 4-star fighters?

I only have one leveled 3-star striker right now and a couple of leftover 2-stars, though I do have maxed Machete and Irons with almost fully upgraded 2-star equips and optimal decals. How am I looking for that next big stretch? Should I brew up another 3-star?

Incredibly easy with the Okusa rotation, where you can breeze from 21F akami to 25F. You have to run through an incredibly dangerous 22F but with a stamina shroom its very possible. Also your fighter will die.

• Locked thread