Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

General Probe posted:

Now I'm curious what language you play it in...

Turkish. I've tried some guides on changing localization of the google play account but, hot drat, that ended up in frustration because it required dealing with google wallet and other poo poo that I never knew existed until now.

For reference, Stormtrooper Han -> Fırtına Askeri Han so I scrolled the entire roster for a character with STH initials. It is not that much of a problem but makes it rather jarring to follow English tutorials or guides like the brilliant OP we have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Holy loving poo poo, yeah, you're in acronym hell.

EE is Ewok Elder, btw, not whatever the gently caress Elder is in Turkish.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Ewok Atası...Jesus.loving.Christ. :smithicide:

The translation is, by the way, hilarious at best and teeth gnashingly bad at worst; to the point of making me go full on aspergers rampage and suggest some proper-ish localizations. Also the ability score translations and items are...just...lets leave it at that.

I'm suprised by the amount of effort they went through, though.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
What is TIE Fighter Pilot?

Does Resistance Trooper play out to be something completely unrelated to RT?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Malgrin posted:

Yup, just wait until you can replace AA with someone good.

What would be the better sub for AA in the Rebel team? I was thinking eventually Leia because of her triple tap, AA is just kind of who I had that was a rebel who could slot in the 5th spot.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

What is TIE Fighter Pilot?

Does Resistance Trooper play out to be something completely unrelated to RT?

TIE Fighter Pilotu, which is one of the clearer ones. Resistance Trooper is Direniş Askeri, which is not remotely in the range of being related to RT.

I'm almost sure that none of the acronyms will make sense for me besides couple of lucky ones like Admiral Akbar (Amiral Akbar :downs: ).

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Well, TI is theorycrafting how to solo the raid... You'd start P1 with Teebo, Jyn, Maul, Cassian, Barriss. Maul gains max HP = 10% of the damage he deals. By starting in P1, you can start steamrolling his HP until he's basically unkillable. Jyn and Cassian are there for heavy damage and TM removal, and Teebo is also there for TM removal.

Alternatively, starting in P3, you can run Vader lead thanks to 50% chance to remove 20% TM. With him, you'd run Maul, EE, Shore, and Jyn or RG. I think you could also run TFP in that 5th slot

In other words, Maul is now OP for raiding. Getting him (available in guild and fleet shipments) will tremendously help your guild complete AATs.

In other news, tournaments are on hold. This isn't public info yet, so, keep a lid on it.

with all this said- it has become a *top issue at cg HQ* so lets give them until mid Feb to respond to us with something or release a statement
we've done our part- we made it a wall for them- so lets give them the time to show us how they will break through
they stopped tournaments for now as the first step in the process, and are working on step 2

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Stopped because of rampant cheating?

Edit: someone is applying with the name Carlossr11. Is this a goon?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

Stopped because of rampant cheating?

Edit: someone is applying with the name Carlossr11. Is this a goon?

Yes. Rampant cheating is supposedly their number 1 priority right now.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
How do you solo phase 1 when grevious has an automatic tm gain and ability reset after 8 attacks?

It seems like they designed a lot of this raid specifically to stop soloing.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Yes. Rampant cheating is supposedly their number 1 priority right now.

That's good to hear.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jerkface posted:

How do you solo phase 1 when grevious has an automatic tm gain and ability reset after 8 attacks?

If you hit him with TM down on the 7th hit (for heroic, 10th for normal), he gains 100% TM, but then is applied with TM down, so in the case of a Teebo hit, 0% TM. Combine this with TFP, and you get Tenacity down and Buff Immunity. TD means Teebo only has a 15% chance to be resisted. BI means that the side guards won't ever taunt, and GG doesn't gain his triangle ability. Today I got 28 hits on GG without him getting a turn.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Jerkface posted:

I think if teebo hits him on his reset turn, he'll lose all turn meter. Mal has detailed this I believe.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Nice to hear about Darth Maul. He's next on my list to work on after Jedi Knight Anakin rounds out my Jedi team. Is there anything Savage can be good at? I got him to 7*, so it'd be nice to get some use out him....

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

I got 1.5mil soon after they changed the format (originally, the most you could get was 1 million). I think I've gotten it 3 times total, whereas I've gotten 5 million once. Meanwhile other people have gotten 10 like 3-4 times.

Assholes.

I've only gotten 10 mil twice, not 3-4 times... :)

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

I've only gotten 10 mil twice, not 3-4 times... :)

I feel so bad for you only being about 15 million gold ahead of me...

That said, I think they might've reduced the rates...someone probably put a 0 in the wrong place when they released it. I almost never see anyone post 10 million in our main chat (~250 players), whereas it used to be pretty regular. Either that or people just don't post about it anymore...

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

So if they've stopped tournaments can I spend all these ally tokens on chromiums or should I hold on to them just in case they get used for something else? Assuming by the time they come back I'll have replenished my stock.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
The only time I've gotten more than 2.5 mil (I got 5), I got 1.5 on the second fight.

Edit:

Cactus posted:

So if they've stopped tournaments can I spend all these ally tokens on chromiums or should I hold on to them just in case they get used for something else? Assuming by the time they come back I'll have replenished my stock.

They apparently love love love tournaments, so as soon as they fix the cheating issues I'd assume that they'll return.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Cactus posted:

Either spend your AP on the Jyn tournament or hold onto them. And they haven't permanently stopped tournaments, they are just holding off until they can stop the newest wave of cheaters.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I just hope whatever they implement doesn't gently caress with our ability to use mimu to get special offers from using certain handsets. I mean technically that could be considered cheating but with a grind this long it's a drop in the ocean, and it doesn't really affect pvp in any meaningful way. It's just a nice thing to be able to do once in a while for those that are inclined.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Cactus posted:

I just hope whatever they implement doesn't gently caress with our ability to use mimu to get special offers from using certain handsets. I mean technically that could be considered cheating but with a grind this long it's a drop in the ocean, and it doesn't really affect pvp in any meaningful way. It's just a nice thing to be able to do once in a while for those that are inclined.

While blocking emulators like Andy, Memu, etc. would slow down cheaters, I don't think it's very possible to pull off (they can't see that it's an emulator, only that it's whatever it's emulating), and even if they did, you can still root your phone and do whatever you want with it anyways.

e: Just held down 2nd for the 2nd day in a row. 450 crystals feels baller.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 7, 2017

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

Malgrin posted:

e: Just held down 2nd for the 2nd day in a row. 450 crystals feels baller.

What team are you using Mal? We have fairly similar rosters but I can't break through the wall of super-speed teams, I don't even know where to begin changing my team around when going against teams that take multiple turns before I even get to press a button.

I just tried your EP/Boba/Shore/JKA/Vader team but it got wrecked by one of the Wiggs/EP/Baze combos that most of my shard runs, how do you decide whaat to use against various combos when you can't dodge it?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Whitey Snipes posted:

I just tried your EP/Boba/Shore/JKA/Vader team but it got wrecked by one of the Wiggs/EP/Baze combos that most of my shard runs, how do you decide whaat to use against various combos when you can't dodge it?

Speed. If their EP goes before yours and you can't ability block or stun him, the AoE stun can mean game over.

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

Mr. Neutron posted:

Speed. If their EP goes before yours and you can't ability block or stun him, the AoE stun can mean game over.

I really don't want this to be the answer because it means there's nothing I can do, most of my top 10 are rolling with ridiculous mods and they have 200+ speed on every character and yet I spent every day in December double-refresh farming mods and didn't get a single speed secondary. I have my Boba at 229 speed but that's not enough against most of them, especially with TM gain manipulation.

Despite complaints about glacial acquisition times this game did at least use to let F2P compete with P2W but it does feel like that's getting further and further away with speed mods and now Zeta abilities.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
This probably gets asked a million times but.... I may be switching from iOS to Android. Is there literally no way to transfer anything over?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Quick straw poll: I just hit 77 and unlocked cantina battles for RG and JKA. Who's more important?

I have 4/5ths of an empire team at 6/7* so 2nd/3rd tier potency mod challenges are close if I add RG, but I know JKA makes a pretty great addition to Landowiggs arena teams (which I run currently), and he seems to be pretty great all around.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I use rg in almost everything so I'd say go for him. Dude is a beast and auto taunt owns.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
I raised the issue in chat earlier, but can we please test run a T7 Pit Raid again?

DetJimmyShaker
Nov 6, 2011
Anyone know if it's possible to recover a guest account if you have your player ID?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Galewolf posted:

Turkish. I've tried some guides on changing localization of the google play account but, hot drat, that ended up in frustration because it required dealing with google wallet and other poo poo that I never knew existed until now.

If you ever have questions about what an acronym means, please ask.

fishtobaskets posted:

Quick straw poll: I just hit 77 and unlocked cantina battles for RG and JKA. Who's more important?

I have 4/5ths of an empire team at 6/7* so 2nd/3rd tier potency mod challenges are close if I add RG, but I know JKA makes a pretty great addition to Landowiggs arena teams (which I run currently), and he seems to be pretty great all around.

I would go JKA. I run him over RG and it's pretty great.

Wirth1000 posted:

This probably gets asked a million times but.... I may be switching from iOS to Android. Is there literally no way to transfer anything over?

Nope. Keep your old phone (wifi only) or get an iPod Touch?

Whitey Snipes posted:

I really don't want this to be the answer because it means there's nothing I can do, most of my top 10 are rolling with ridiculous mods and they have 200+ speed on every character and yet I spent every day in December double-refresh farming mods and didn't get a single speed secondary. I have my Boba at 229 speed but that's not enough against most of them, especially with TM gain manipulation.

Despite complaints about glacial acquisition times this game did at least use to let F2P compete with P2W but it does feel like that's getting further and further away with speed mods and now Zeta abilities.

If they don't have an auto-taunter, and you have TFP, it's pretty easy to make him go first and ability block EP or Boba. Added advantage of Buff Immunity on RG, STH, etc. Otherwise, it's pretty much down to getting your EP/Boba faster than their EP/Boba. Also, if you take Boba to G11, he gets +12 speed, and then it becomes a lot easier to win that speed battle. Unfortunately, that requires 2 MK6 Detonators (AAT raid), and his G10 -> G11 is pretty miserable, which is why I haven't done it yet.

Against Wiggs/EP/Chaze, I have to rely on my Boba going faster than their EP, and since I can get mine to 238, that's usually not a problem. The bigger problem I run into is fighting against fast Boba + Rex.

Also, is it just me, or does their EP do better at stunning than your EP every single time? Tenacity shouldn't play much, if any, of a role here because I have EP at 70% Potency, and I run him lead, so that's more than 100%, which means they need more than 115% Tenacity do have any effect there. Without Aayla lead, there are very few heroes that can get to 100% Tenacity.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
So on an almost level 80 account, I have to make some tough choices on who I should give my gear 9 raid material to. Not sure if I should just gear up Wiggs or swap to empire or what really for picking who goes to G9. Unfortunately my arena top 10 shard is practically all G9/10 but I don't have all the loot yet. Looking for some suggestions on what I should focus on for a comp. For the past 1-2 months I was holding top 10 very easily but now I'm starting my day in the high 20s and I haven't been able to crack top 10 the last 2 days. I think some teams with SF are feasting on my STH/Shore/Lando/Wiggs. I don't have a ton of great speed mods if that matters. My STH with all my speed stuff is 176 and the good teams are typically 190 but it had been enough in the past to keep me in an easy top 10.

STH - G9 easy 10 once i hit 80
Shoretrooper (4 star) - G9 eaasy 10 once i hit 80
Biggs - G8
Wedge - G8
Lando - G8
EP - G8
TFP - G8
Boba - G8
JKA - G8
Vader - G8 (only 5 star due to account being only a few months old)
I also have SF and RG at my disposal but they aren't fully leveled at the moment.

Ill have 7 star Jyn after this event but I don't think she can really work into my teams that easily right now.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

So on an almost level 80 account, I have to make some tough choices on who I should give my gear 9 raid material to. Not sure if I should just gear up Wiggs or swap to empire or what really for picking who goes to G9. Unfortunately my arena top 10 shard is practically all G9/10 but I don't have all the loot yet. Looking for some suggestions on what I should focus on for a comp. For the past 1-2 months I was holding top 10 very easily but now I'm starting my day in the high 20s and I haven't been able to crack top 10 the last 2 days. I think some teams with SF are feasting on my STH/Shore/Lando/Wiggs. I don't have a ton of great speed mods if that matters. My STH with all my speed stuff is 176 and the good teams are typically 190 but it had been enough in the past to keep me in an easy top 10.

STH - G9 easy 10 once i hit 80
Shoretrooper (4 star) - G9 eaasy 10 once i hit 80
Biggs - G8
Wedge - G8
Lando - G8
EP - G8
TFP - G8
Boba - G8
JKA - G8
Vader - G8 (only 5 star due to account being only a few months old)
I also have SF and RG at my disposal but they aren't fully leveled at the moment.

Ill have 7 star Jyn after this event but I don't think she can really work into my teams that easily right now.

My general advice right now is that if you don't have Chaze, Empire is the best option.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
My question on Chaze is how starred up do they have to be? I have Chirrut at 3 and Baze at 4, but am not sure that is enough. I also have Cassian at 4, I need to actually see if he is useful at some point too.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

My question on Chaze is how starred up do they have to be? I have Chirrut at 3 and Baze at 4, but am not sure that is enough. I also have Cassian at 4, I need to actually see if he is useful at some point too.

3/4 Chaze is fine, you just need to get them to G10+. I'm working on it with my 3/3. Lower star means you're going to rely on gear/mods more than other people, but basically anyone without Chaze is going to have a really hard time beating you, especially if you're also running fast Boba/EP.

When I get there, I'll probably start running Wiggs, Chaze, Boba (238 speed). Then I'll try to take Boba to G11, then Chaze to G11.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Baze doesn't need a lot of stars, since protection is based on gear level.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Malgrin posted:

My general advice right now is that if you don't have Chaze, Empire is the best option.

Shore/EP/TFP + RG/Vader? JKA in there (I know he's not empire)? Boba in there?

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
Level 48 Arena Slapfight advice needed:

https://swgoh.gg/u/numismancer/collection/

I've been running the following and getting solid results, placing in the top 10 a couple of times in recent days:

STH (L, 4*), RG (1*, ugh so hard to get shards), GS (4*), QGJ (4*), JC (4*) - everything is at gear 6, and JC at gear 7.

Within the last day, I now have a Lando (4*) and Luminara (3*), both gear 6.

The problem:

The top of my bracket is lousy with Wiggs teams. I can place top 20 reliably but top 10 is getting dodgy as hell. I usually would begin round by ganking healers or leaders with QGJ/GS assist hilarity, but that's not cutting it anymore.

Any suggestions given my roster for a superior team than what I have above? I've got a decent crystal stash so crash-gearing someone from my backbench is a viable option, I'm slamming through GW daily with no trouble.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Numismancer posted:

Level 48 Arena Slapfight advice needed:

https://swgoh.gg/u/numismancer/collection/

I've been running the following and getting solid results, placing in the top 10 a couple of times in recent days:

STH (L, 4*), RG (1*, ugh so hard to get shards), GS (4*), QGJ (4*), JC (4*) - everything is at gear 6, and JC at gear 7.

Within the last day, I now have a Lando (4*) and Luminara (3*), both gear 6.

The problem:

The top of my bracket is lousy with Wiggs teams. I can place top 20 reliably but top 10 is getting dodgy as hell. I usually would begin round by ganking healers or leaders with QGJ/GS assist hilarity, but that's not cutting it anymore.

Any suggestions given my roster for a superior team than what I have above? I've got a decent crystal stash so crash-gearing someone from my backbench is a viable option, I'm slamming through GW daily with no trouble.

I'm guessing you're running into wiggs teams because iphone folks got a free wedge a few months ago, which may include people in your arena. Lando is going to be a rock star for you. He is a dmg powerhouse if you can keep him safe. If I were you, I'd get him into the team ASAP with STH, QGJ, GS, and Lumi. You can star both of your new guys pretty quickly, especially if you burn both 100 gem cantina refreshes each day.

I'd advise against using more than the 2 50 gem refreshes per day on gear acquisition. I don't think you're really under that kind of time pressure.

Also, don't get too depressed about RG slowness. He eventually gets a cantina battle and he's useful through endgame.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

fishtobaskets posted:

I'm guessing you're running into wiggs teams because iphone folks got a free wedge a few months ago, which may include people in your arena. Lando is going to be a rock star for you. He is a dmg powerhouse if you can keep him safe. If I were you, I'd get him into the team ASAP with STH, QGJ, GS, and Lumi. You can star both of your new guys pretty quickly, especially if you burn both 100 gem cantina refreshes each day.

I'd advise against using more than the 2 50 gem refreshes per day on gear acquisition. I don't think you're really under that kind of time pressure.

Also, don't get too depressed about RG slowness. He eventually gets a cantina battle and he's useful through endgame.

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl. Who should I set as leader with that loadout, STH?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Numismancer posted:

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl. Who should I set as leader with that loadout, STH?

Since it's a little early to put together specific faction teams, I'd say whoever gives the best all allies bonuses. STH does that and Lumi's are pretty good too, even though her heal is halved for non-jedi.