Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Mystic Mongol posted:

There's a mod on the steam workshop that adds descriptions of the items to the upper left corner of the screen when you stand near them.

They'd have to buy the latest DLC to use Workshop content, wouldn't they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Only bad thing about the Isaac video is that it prevented delayed the Brigador vid.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Eight and a half minutes into the Brigador video and I think this is the fastest I've ever been sold on a game. :stare:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mystic Mongol posted:

There's a mod on the steam workshop that adds descriptions of the items to the upper left corner of the screen when you stand near them.

There are so many obscure mechanics and strategies that it would help anyways.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Dexie posted:

Eight and a half minutes into the Brigador video and I think this is the fastest I've ever been sold on a game. :stare:

The developers are goons and post frequently in the Games thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3778563

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Visidan posted:

He ate two entire chocolate oranges and took a sip of coconut water then after vomiting drank two red bulls and continued eating chocolate for the rest of the stream.

He thinks the coconut water made him sick.

EDIT: also painkillers

If I drank four sodas in a week, my mom would freak out about me eventually ending up with diabetes, how has Pat managed to consume so much candy? :psyduck:

Also, drat, I thought I used to have a sweet tooth.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
4 sodas is like weak

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I just want you all to know that Woolie and Liam arrived in the MAGFest gardens right as the fountain light and music show began. It was incredibly surreal to see them surrounded by fans while the theme(s) of the US military branches played in the background.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

https://youtu.be/M8HNu8dHTMA

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Cool that even though he's no longer employed, Liam still made it out to magfest.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The developers are goons and post frequently in the Games thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3778563

Oh, rad. I'll have to check the thread out then. Thanks.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Justice Sloth posted:

Karma's definitely biting him for that Undead Parish fight, but part of it is the bad habits from the Drake Sword taking root. Underestimating groups of weak enemies, rushing his R1s only to catch them on walls, getting punished for whiffing over-eager counterhits. All products of having inflated damage with middling range. Which is a shame, cause it looked like he was picking up the enemy rhythm fine beforehand.
The Drake Sword didn't do that, those are bad habits he had already. Remember, this is the 4th Souls game he's played, he's had those problems (especially range, wallhitting) in the other games too.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Visidan posted:

He ate two entire chocolate oranges and took a sip of coconut water then after vomiting drank two red bulls and continued eating chocolate for the rest of the stream.

He thinks the coconut water made him sick.

EDIT: also painkillers

Pre-packaged coconut water is loving gross so I'm inclined to agree with him

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Portuguese as a Cool Name language is loving me up.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
GREAT LEADER IS DEAD

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Blockhouse posted:

GREAT LEADER IS DEAD

Matt's coming back, dude.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I kinda dismissed Brigador as a weird Austin Walker Game but it actually looks pretty cool.

It sounds cooler though, that music is rad.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I just want every game to open with a computer voice informing you of Great Leader's status

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Phil Bromlin

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Killed By Death posted:

The Drake Sword didn't do that, those are bad habits he had already. Remember, this is the 4th Souls game he's played, he's had those problems (especially range, wallhitting) in the other games too.

All true, but he was doing that a lot less with just the morning star. Admittedly I'm biased because I hate 2h swords, but Woolie has recently stated on the subreddit that he only picked it up to cut down on time to appease the Snailborne complainers. Similarly for why he chose not to summon Solaire for the gargoyles fight. https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoBestFriendsPlay/comments/5mjpng/a_message_to_woolie_and_pat_ds_lp/dc458ca/

If he wants to use the sword, I won't begrudge him, but it's fairly obvious that his decision was originally motivated by community "feedback" and Pat making him aware of its existence, rather than his own choice.

Justice Sloth fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jan 8, 2017

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Woolie continuing to completely forget that he has pyromancy continues to annoy me greatly.

e: Ahahaha he's using the loving Knight Shield.

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jan 8, 2017

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/818196819436048385

https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/818200455780167684

Oh pat :allears:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I really hope Pat just uploads his FF15 stream at some point, since he did beat the story.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I wish they still done mailbags, because I want to send Pat and Woolie a massive banner bearing the words "MIDROLLING IS FINE, REALLY"

(e): "The Balder knights in the church don't respawn" Oh my god, I really want that to come back and bite them on the rear end once because yes they absolutely do.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 8, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They won't do mailbag again until they rent out a warehouse to store all the poo poo they'd get sent

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

A good poster posted:

They'd have to buy the latest DLC to use Workshop content, wouldn't they?

Yes, they would.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I wish they still done mailbags, because I want to send Pat and Woolie a massive banner bearing the words "MIDROLLING IS FINE, REALLY"

(e): "The Balder knights in the church don't respawn" Oh my god, I really want that to come back and bite them on the rear end once because yes they absolutely do.

Maybe I missed it in the videos but why are they so dead set on having the 25% roll? Are they just being scrubs and thinking the 50% is a fat roll?

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

TaurusOxford posted:

Maybe I missed it in the videos but why are they so dead set on having the 25% roll? Are they just being scrubs and thinking the 50% is a fat roll?

Who knows, I guess? Which of the following is the most likely:

a) Pat is incorrect about Dark Souls 1, and has forgotten about mid, fat and ultrafat/Iron Flesh rolls
2) Pat wants to keep Woolie at 25% encumbrance so then they get the DWG Ring he can fast flip straight away without bitching about having to lose gear because unless you're wearing an ultra heavy set or a set with specific bonuses clothes don't do much in DaS1 anyway
•) Pat is actually super petty, and is mad that Woolie stomped the opening of the game because he insisted on getting the drake sword
Ω) Pat = :spergin:
e) LP's are hard/all of the above

DPM fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jan 9, 2017

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I love the (actual) fatroll since it's just your guy flopping on the ground for a moment before getting up.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

DumbparameciuM posted:

Who knows, I guess? Which of the following is the most likely:

a) Pat is incorrect about Dark Souls 1, and has forgotten about mid, fat and ultrafat/Iron Flesh rolls
2) Pat wants to keep Woolie at 25% encumbrance so then they get the DWG Ring he can fast flip straight away without bitching about having to lose gear because unless you're wearing an ultra heavy set or a set with specific bonuses clothes don't do much in DaS1 anyway
•) Pat is actually super petty, and is mad that Woolie stomped the opening of the game because he insisted on getting the drake sword
Ω) Pat = :spergin:
e) LP's are hard/all of the above

Imagine I wasn't lazy and photoshopped Pat's face on Janeway.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/818010641814458368

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think Pat later streamed BoI on his own and killed himself on a blood donation machine?

https://clips.twitch.tv/angriestpat/UglyStorkAthenaPMS

Holy crap this is the best self-own ever.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HGH posted:

I think Pat later streamed BoI on his own and killed himself on a blood donation machine?

https://clips.twitch.tv/angriestpat/UglyStorkAthenaPMS

Holy crap this is the best self-own ever.

The rare DOUBLE self-own.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Dias posted:

The rare DOUBLE self-own.

Pat's life is just one long self-own combo multiplier.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Watching Pat playing BoI is great. He's so confused and amazed by everything.

edit: oh my god I'm watching old Paigeborne streams and Pat got caught with his pants down on stream hiding ice cream sandwiches in the vegetable thingie. That's amazing.

Dias fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 9, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Scalebound is dead! Long live Scalebound!

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

HGH posted:

Scalebound is dead! Long live Scalebound!

Which members of the Zaibatsu were looking forward to that one? I remember it being either Pat, Liam, or both.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

HoboTech posted:

Which members of the Zaibatsu were looking forward to that one? I remember it being either Pat, Liam, or both.

There will always be this magic moment.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

HoboTech posted:

That sounds right. I remember Matt being particularly down on it after E3, turns out he was right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
And people thought this year would be better.