Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

NLJP posted:

So I'm trying to register my brother as VIP. He's on my 3ds friendslist, we're both online, he's in my castle but it keeps saying 'registration failed' when I try to register him.

What gives? Is this also the only way for us to trade?

You don't need VIP status to trade with each other. You just need to press the big Trade button and select Link Trade.

If you are sitting in the same room you could also bring up the X menu and select Quick Link instead of using Festival Plaza.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

why oh WHY posted:

Does anyone have a 6 IV Ditto. I don't have much to trade but I'll give you any Legendary I have. I have Sun so anything you want from that game plus I have most of my Dex filled out.

My Friend Code is 1006-3224-6203
Ingame name is Justin.

Same since I don't want to grind something up to Lvl91 to trade for one over GTS. :p

Friend Code: 5472-7681-7269
User Name: Blah

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Mierenneuker posted:

You don't need VIP status to trade with each other. You just need to press the big Trade button and select Link Trade.

If you are sitting in the same room you could also bring up the X menu and select Quick Link instead of using Festival Plaza.

We're not in the same country but he doesn't show up on the guest list in trade.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

This feels like cheating, my mareanies got me a bunch of zygardes and a castform to breed, now I get whatever I want, like this level 100 Ditto.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

Same since I don't want to grind something up to Lvl91 to trade for one over GTS. :p

Friend Code: 5472-7681-7269
User Name: Blah

You don't need to grind anything, you just need to put something up and set the thing so that you want a level 91+ Ditto. I got mine off GTS with just a Lv. 1 HA Mareanie.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I thought people were exaggerating, but no, I straight up got a Cosmog with a gold bottle cap attached by putting a Castform up for trade.

But enough of that, it is time to talk about dogges. I have 4 Jolly Growlithes to trade, with 5IVs and Morning Sun/Close Combat as egg moves. 3 males, 1 female; one male having Flash Fire and the rest with Intimidate. I desire more well-bred dogges (which I guess since the bank hasn't opened pretty much just means Rockruff, Snubble, Riolu & Lillpup). If dogges are not available, will also accept Zubat, Spinarak and whatever poison types from Island Scan I'm forgetting. PM me or post in thread, include whether you want yours renamed.

FC: 3926-8948-4855
IGN: Rangpur

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I churned out like 50 Castform babies in the last hour or two and I'm just sitting in the Festival Plaza asking for whatever and getting it within a few minutes.

Jesus gently caress, I just asked for an Incineroar and got it 2 minutes later.

GTS, it's the best.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
See the VGC meta isn't stagnant

A month ago these guys would of been using completely different cookie cutter leads! :downs:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Akett posted:

You don't need to grind anything, you just need to put something up and set the thing so that you want a level 91+ Ditto. I got mine off GTS with just a Lv. 1 HA Mareanie.

Yeah. I put up a lvl1 Sligoo up. Hopefully, I'll get something by morning.

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009
So how does Persian's new fur ability work as far as getting it? Meowths down know it and the Meowth I evolved into Persian kept his original ability.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Mrs. Dash posted:

So how does Persian's new fur ability work as far as getting it? Meowths down know it and the Meowth I evolved into Persian kept his original ability.

Pickup Meowth gets Fur Coat on evolution while Technician and Rattled remain the same.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Is there something I can put on GTS to get a Celesteela? I tried Xurkitree but I've been waiting forever. I was able to trade the other sun UB for the moon one, but no bite on Celesteela. I'm basically looking for the pokedex entry

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

So, in order to do the Battle Tree effectively, you have to breed some good pokemon. If you want to do that, you need a destiny knot. If you want one of those, you need to get good at Battle Royals. So, any Battle Royal tips?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Ariong posted:

So, in order to do the Battle Tree effectively, you have to breed some good pokemon. If you want to do that, you need a destiny knot. If you want one of those, you need to get good at Battle Royals. So, any Battle Royal tips?

Tip 1: Use Pickup instead.
Tip 2: Don't do Battle Royale.
Tip 3: Or just spam dittos in the GTS, since the hacked ones commonly have them.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Ariong posted:

Hyper Training

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

myron cope posted:

Is there something I can put on GTS to get a Celesteela? I tried Xurkitree but I've been waiting forever. I was able to trade the other sun UB for the moon one, but no bite on Celesteela. I'm basically looking for the pokedex entry

If your trade hasn't gotten picked up in a day, take it down and put it up again, because it'll have fallen too far back for people to see it otherwise.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Supremezero posted:

Tip 1: Use Pickup instead.
Tip 2: Don't do Battle Royale.
Tip 3: Or just spam dittos in the GTS, since the hacked ones commonly have them.

What are the odds of a pokemon with pickup will find a Destiny Knot at the end of a battle? If it's like 2%, it would probably be faster to just lose 24 battle royals.

What is that?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Ariong posted:

What are the odds of a pokemon with pickup will find a Destiny Knot at the end of a battle? If it's like 2%, it would probably be faster to just lose 24 battle royals.

What is that?

Trade bottlecaps to max out your pocket monster's IVs. Pokemon need to be level 100 for it though.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Where can I go to grind a pokemon up to 100? the highest level I've seen a wild pokemon at was ~60.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ariong posted:

Where can I go to grind a pokemon up to 100? the highest level I've seen a wild pokemon at was ~60.

The Elite Four.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Oh cool, I didn't know you could redo that.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Ariong posted:

You can get to 48 BP to buy a Destiny Knot without breeding for good IVs. I was able to ride an Adamant Mimikyu through normal singles and get into super singles.
edit: I meant singles in Battle Tree

myron cope posted:

I traded Mareanie for Zygarde then Zygarde for Celesteela.

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jan 8, 2017

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

iPodschun posted:

You can get to 48 BP to buy a Destiny Knot without breeding for good IVs. I was able to ride an Adamant Mimikyu through normal singles and get into super singles.
I traded Mareanie for Zygarde then Zygarde for Celesteela.

What does singles mean in the context of the battle royal?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
You can probably put together a team of UBs and EV train them via Poke Pelago to be good enough to get through normal singles and the first few levels of Battle Royale, which should be enough to get Destiny Knot. That's how I started.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Yes, Tapu Koko EV trained will carry you through regular singles no problem.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Ariong posted:

Oh cool, I didn't know you could redo that.

Not only can you redo it, but the Elite Four's teams are all higher level on subsequent runs. You're also defending your championship title and have random challengers for the throne.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

That is dumb, grinding a pokemon to 100 is way slower than breeding one from scratch. It's way easier to do Battle Tree Singles or Battle Royale unless its a legendary.

For Royale - a tanky/fast pokemon with a good priority move is your friend. Metagross with bullet punch is what I used.

Basically just try to steal kills and survive.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

WarpedLichen posted:

That is dumb, grinding a pokemon to 100 is way slower than breeding one from scratch. It's way easier to do Battle Tree Singles or Battle Royale unless its a legendary.

For Royale - a tanky/fast pokemon with a good priority move is your friend. Metagross with bullet punch is what I used.

Basically just try to steal kills and survive.

Ariong specifically wanted to breed pocket monsters after doing some Battle Royale

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The actual easiest way is to get your hands on a truck Ditto

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

TheKingofSprings posted:

The actual easiest way is to get your hands on a truck Ditto

But doing everything that way takes some of the soul out of the game.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Ogmius815 posted:

But doing everything that way takes some of the soul out of the game.

If you think the soul of pokemon is mindless boring grind to try and RNG a pokemon that's viable then you need help.

The soul is pokebattlin with your buddies and makin the cool and cute monsters have some sick combats.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
all these people giving away their legendaries/ubs for goddamn castforms are so weird.

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

all these people giving away their legendaries/ubs for goddamn castforms are so weird.

Especially since catching castform isn't that hard

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Litwicks on the other hand are basically free reign, shame they have such long egg cycles, you get a full party of eggs from the Hyperbolic Tauros Chamber before even one of them hatches.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm not sure if it's because I had a 103 degree fever but I watched the last three episodes of XYZ yesterday and when Greninja left I balled my eyes out, then again in the closing credits montage of the last episode, then again when Ash told his mom he was home.

Edit: I think it's because I just imagined my kid leaving for three years and growing up without me and now I'm crying again

greatn fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jan 8, 2017

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

greatn posted:

Edit: I think it's because I just imagined my kid leaving for three years and growing up without me and now I'm crying again

lol my parents shunted me out for four years when i was a kid and were just relieved i was gone

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah but if you were the calibur of Ash Ketchum they'd probably be sad.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

To be fair you can literally have 10 Zygardes so it's not that big of a deal to trade him out, especially since most people will not bother to collect all 100 cores to make him the final form. Are you even allowed to use him online/in battle tree?

As for UBs you get 4 copies of some of them as part of the story so nobody's gonna miss their lowest stat lovely nature pheromosa

Edit: Wait when pokebank opens can we transfer the old "50%" zygarde and get a complete one with only 50 cores? Because I'm never collecting 100

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jan 8, 2017

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Internet Kraken posted:

See the VGC meta isn't stagnant

A month ago these guys would of been using completely different cookie cutter leads! :downs:

hopefully it cycles around to bulu cause he's the best yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I bought Explorers of Sky in Japanese because it was like $10 for cart+case+manual in very good condition, but it turns out that while I can read it, I just read it way too slow and it took me like ten minutes just to parse the quiz at the beginning :downs:

so i just fired up my computer in the middle of the night and mined the net for the best copy i could find that's willing to ship to me