Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I can't believe the official Hawks Twitter account subtweeted Korver like that. His handle popped up and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

lol raptors

Raptors are trash.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Lessail posted:

Gettin' real tired of the Raptors losing to the Bulls

Gettin' real tired of Masai doing nothing

Why do you want him to do anything when nothing he could do would put us over the Cavs, much less the Warriors? Just enjoy the winning seasons and Lowry hustling his rear end off every possession.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I hope the raptors never beat the Bulls. Like I want them to go 80-2 with their only loses to some garbage Chicago team.

Also, Demare Carol is reaching Mike James/Salmons/hedo levels as worst raptor to ever play crucial minutes.

BWV fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jan 8, 2017

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Away all Goats posted:

Why do you want him to do anything when nothing he could do would put us over the Cavs, much less the Warriors? Just enjoy the winning seasons and Lowry hustling his rear end off every possession.

Read that first sentence again. This team has problems and he won't fix them because :shrug: while the Cavs can go fill needs whenever they please

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Masai can't do anything about a team's mental block against the bulls.

The last 5 losses to the bulls the Raptors led at some point, and 4 of the last 5 they led by like double digit points.

Also the Raptors have literally had like the 3 most successful seasons in franchise history under Masai but clearly he's not doing enough cause we can't beat the bulls :qq:

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jan 8, 2017

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Keep saying Masai can't do anything while the Celtics move past the Raptors for #2 in the East

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
https://streamable.com/rq1zm

The other part of the Kawhi Leonard trade.

I will never not love pointing that out. The other angle shows how high he actually god, he's a good athlete. Hopefully his ACLs stay where they're supposed to.

He led the Spurs in scoring tonight with a 21/7/8/5/6 statline. Yeah the pts/ft/fta/fg/fga format is a little unorthodox, so what?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bulls' dumb winning streak against a vastly superior raptors team continues to be hilarious

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Not sure it's Masai's fault that Casey refuses to play Norman Powel more than like 10 minutes, despite the fact that he's probably their best wing defender.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Tae posted:

Not sure it's Masai's fault that Casey refuses to play Norman Powel more than like 10 minutes, despite the fact that he's probably their best wing defender.

He had his chance to move on from Casey, but didn't

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Maybe the raptors just aren't very good. Makes you think.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I mean, you have to be a truly elite team to bring down two whole alphas

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Tae posted:

That's definitely on Casey. Powell shot terribly tonight but it's hard to expect consistent production when you're not given consistent minutes.

Although it's also partly because Ross has been playing really well this year, and more consistently. Career highs in FG%, points, steals and on less minutes than in previous years.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
What's going on in Utah, did George Hill take that weight loss supplement that makes your mitochondria explode but just enough to make his body extremely brittle and not enough to die

Zogo posted:

Hokey, sentimental hogwash!

ISIS does this.

If you're accusing me of being pro ISIS I'll have you know I know the guy who found the location of that ISIS training camp from the youtube video and sent them to the Russian command and got them blown up by airstrike

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/817974909838106624

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Carol has made The Leap from Not Good to Actively Bad. Read my column next week to find out if he's a true Medea.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kibner posted:

My local cable provider no longer carries Pelican games so I cut the cord.

Trying out the PlayStation Vue service free trial and it does carry the local Fox Sports regional station that shows Pels games, so I'm happy. $35 a month and I can stream from 5 devices at once, on phone, PS4, and browser.

Quality is no worse than what I was used to; maybe slightly better. It also has some limited DVR capabilities.

I've had Vue for a while, it's very good.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Raps are trash. There's no need to worry about Boston though. Raps won't be able to get past Chicago or Milwaukee in the first round for it to matter.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Raps are going to continue to win while looking bad and fall upwards into another conference finals with the Cavs tbh, barring another Casey playoff meltdown.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Isaiah Thomas should get a couple of MVP votes.

I just watched Jazz - Wolves and saw Favor's season numbers for the first time. He's getting traded, right? Playing him for only 20 minutes a night is a crime. And Gobert's not going anywhere.

edit:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/817877255275810821

Hello, neighbors.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jan 8, 2017

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I mean, you have to be a truly elite team to bring down two whole alphas

McBuckets is a situational alpha

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Jack's Flow posted:

Isaiah Thomas should get a couple of MVP votes.

Thank you for acknowledging this! It's crazy that he's only making 6.5 million this year

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.

Jack's Flow posted:

I just watched Jazz - Wolves and saw Favor's season numbers for the first time. He's getting traded, right? Playing him for only 20 minutes a night is a crime. And Gobert's not going anywhere.

Favors has been glass levels of fragile and they rushed him back too soon earlier this year, so Snyder and co. are taking it easy on him. Now, he could be traded for sure because the Jazz won't give max deals to both him and Gobert...and you're right, Gobert is not going anywhere. In the last week, though, Favors' minutes have been climbing...so there's that.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Ratedargh posted:

Favors has been glass levels of fragile and they rushed him back too soon earlier this year, so Snyder and co. are taking it easy on him. Now, he could be traded for sure because the Jazz won't give max deals to both him and Gobert...and you're right, Gobert is not going anywhere. In the last week, though, Favors' minutes have been climbing...so there's that.

The problem I see with Utah trading Favors is value back. They won't get nearly enough value for him and they wouldn't likely be able to fill any needs.

I really hope he goes somewhere with a competent medical staff though. When he's healthy he's so freaking good.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Lol Derrick Favors is not that good

e: I see he got better over the past couple of years but he's made of glass so you probably take what you can get for him if you're not going to give him a deal

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jan 8, 2017

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

Lol Derrick Favors is not that good

e: I see he got better over the past couple of years but he's made of glass so you probably take what you can get for him if you're not going to give him a deal

I really overrated him looking at the numbers. Should've checked closer. I just really like him but I'm assuming a lot of his defense is helped by having Gobert there instead of Kanter.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Derrick favors is a nice player

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Favors isn't great, but he's going to get paid by someone. It's just not going to be Utah. When healthy, he is a net positive for the team...it's just so rare.

I just hope they find a way to keep Gordon Hayward.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I'm relieved the Raptors lost to the Bulls. At least some things still make sense in this world.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Forrest on Fire posted:

I really overrated him looking at the numbers. Should've checked closer. I just really like him but I'm assuming a lot of his defense is helped by having Gobert there instead of Kanter.

They stagger he and Gobert quite a bit and he's been good defensively in the past when Gobert was hurt. He's a good player when he's healthy

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Why is everyone so down on Favors? Utah looks to be the real deal and will be looking to be a playoff team for years to come, Favors is probably a top 10 PF in the league and a really good backup center, Utah only has Lyles to replace him, Favors has another year left on his deal, has only missed 8 games a season on average and Utah isn't a free agent destination.

Edit: 8 games on average prior to this season

Hashtag Banterzone fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jan 8, 2017

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Why is everyone so down on Favors? Utah looks to be the real deal and will be looking to be a playoff team for years to come, Favors is probably a top 10 PF in the league and a really good backup center, Utah only has Lyles to replace him, Favors has another year left on his deal, has only missed 8 games a season on average and Utah isn't a free agent destination.

Edit: 8 games on average prior to this season

I was the only person who said he wasn't that good and I immediately retracted it so I don't know what you're going on about

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Mozgod: "To be honest, I miss [Cleveland]"

Timid Timo reminds me of a giant toddler for some reason. I miss his sweet face on the sidelines.

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Cool Buff Man posted:

I was the only person who said he wasn't that good and I immediately retracted it so I don't know what you're going on about

Exactly...I think the only real knock on him is his ability to stay on the court

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Cool Buff Man posted:

There were a couple people that seemed meh about him, tho it was more the idea that Utah should get rid of him or let him walk.

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

There were a couple people that seemed meh about him, tho it was more the idea that Utah should get rid of him or let him walk.

Well, I think he's really good...just not great...but it's mostly about his fragility. And to clarify, I just don't see the Jazz offering max contracts to both him and Gobert (which is what it would likely take to keep him, though I could be wrong). So, in that scenario I'd rather hold onto Gobert.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Is Golbert getting a max???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

My mistake! He was already extended this year. Hayward is the one who will likely get a max deal when he opts out after this season

• Locked thread