Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Manatee Cannon posted:

well yea, those are just ridiculous. now had spidey called him a raccooverine, he'd have understood immediately

wulravoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

I want to applaud the subtle photoshopping in the last panel. Bravo!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The Question IRL posted:

Also it is a hammer.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I can't believe Araki is drawing newspaper Spider-Man now.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I know Lieber is Stan Lee's brother or cousin or something like that. Anyone know who these Saviuki and Sinnott people are? Just random from the publisher to color the strip?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They're the weekend artists.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Alien Raccoons: famed for their numerous apps.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

rocket's spaceship is doubling in size every time someone draws it

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's just matching his own random shifts in size. Ronan's universal weapon was scaling as well, so it must be a cosmic thing.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

notthegoatseguy posted:

I know Lieber is Stan Lee's brother or cousin or something like that. Anyone know who these Saviuki and Sinnott people are? Just random from the publisher to color the strip?

Alex Saviuk is the penciller, Joe Sinnott is the inker.

Saviuk inks Lieber's pencils for the weekday strips.

Saviuk's a workman comic book artist who started with DC in the 70's and then worked for Marvel in the 80s.

Sinnott is an old Marvel stalwart who's been with them since the 60's, became one of their most sought after inkers, and inked a lot of what are considered Marvel's biggest classics. He technically retired in 1992 and only does odd stuff and inks NSM ever since. He's 90 now.

Coloring is usually done by some unknown, uncredited staff at the comic's syndicate; one of these unknown staffers occasionally posts here on SA though I don't recall their username at the moment.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jan 8, 2017

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Weekend Rocket is so skillfully drawn after day on day of staring into the dead, beady eyes of that nightmare fang puppet. It'd almost be jarring if it wasn't such a relief.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so I guess there are space spiders but not raccoons

good to know

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Knows what a spider is, but not a raccoon.

I legitimately can't tell if this is just a continuity lapse, or whether Rocket is going for a gotcha at the end of this story.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I've seen enough space stuff to know that space spiders are not only a thing, they're most of the things out there in space.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Rocket's face in that last panel is just the most smug loving thing.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

X-O posted:

I've seen enough space stuff to know that space spiders are not only a thing, they're most of the things out there in space.

space sharks are canon in unworthy thor

never seen a space spider tho. I mean, space bugs? sure, seen those. not a spider tho

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Rocket's totally doing this face in that last panel.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It is illegal to bring up star control 2 without linking to its music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5ecN92n6qI

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

DJ Fuckboy Supreme fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jan 9, 2017

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I love how many amazing panels are coming from this saga

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

You don't even have to go further than Mars to find spiders, c'mon.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

bobkatt013 posted:

I love how many amazing panels are coming from this saga

we really need to see how these mix with the big gay logan arc.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This is like three days after Spidey was amazed that his webs were even remotely effectual.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

MJ's anatomy in this strip is a nightmare, it's like she's been struck by a curse and is mid-way through transforming into a gorilla. Like, where are her hands going? Why is her butt sticking out?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Android Blues posted:

MJ's anatomy in this strip is a nightmare, it's like she's been struck by a curse and is mid-way through transforming into a gorilla. Like, where are her hands going? Why is her butt sticking out?

Not the first time it has happened, either.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Manatee Cannon posted:

space sharks are canon in unworthy thor

never seen a space spider tho. I mean, space bugs? sure, seen those. not a spider tho

Someone needs to play Faster Than Light.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

ZeeToo posted:

Someone needs to play Faster Than Light.

(Bio-Beam) Use the beam to pick off the spiders.
You instruct them to drop their shields and you are able to kill the creatures without damaging the station. "The monsters just started bursting into flame as we watched. What a terrifying weapon... Here, take this for your help, friend."

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I appreciate this

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

http://i.imgur.com/Q9VWJqT.gifv

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Now you're just making poo poo up

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nah, that's a better explanation than going into the ridiculously convoluted history of kree and earth.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

nah, that's a better explanation than going into the ridiculously convoluted history of kree and earth.

hasn't spiderman fought the kree numerous times?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's newspaper spidey.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

Now you're just making poo poo up

Gonna be making use of that middle panel when I'm off work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

It's newspaper spidey.

even if he had gotten his powers from being bitten by a radioactive mar-vell it isn't like he would remember

• Locked thread