Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Man, I hosed up by not getting in on this. I could have unloaded my F150 intercooler, box of leftover ranger parts, and probably a shitpile of other stuff onto some poor unsuspecting goon.

What's the F-150 intercooler look like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

iForge posted:

Spreadsheeting has been updated. A big thank you to everyone who participated this year! I think it went really well! No deadbeats this year, but we have a few santees that didn't post pictures. If you don't post soon, you may be disqualified for next year's AISS. Offenders have been emailed. Thanks for playing!
Thanks for organizing and running this, always something I look forward to.

Maybe this year I'll remember I do it every year and put aside things throughout the year instead of throwing it together last minute like I always do.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

NitroSpazzz posted:

Thanks for organizing and running this, always something I look forward to.

Maybe this year I'll remember I do it every year and put aside things throughout the year instead of throwing it together last minute like I always do.

Eh, I did that this year but apart from a couple of small things I ended up getting new stuff anyway to fit slothrops interests. Maybe it'll work out next year...

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Finally got around to opening up the gift from my Santa! Life has a way of throwing curveballs, right after the holidays!

A box arrived, it rattled a bit when you shook it. No buzzing though.

I have never used VR glasses for phones before, but I'll see what kind of apps there are for my S5. The door has a few burn marks on the inside... Mad sick 3D?!

This sweet little drone thing! Two of the blades were reversed, so it only danced around on the ground at first. After switching them around, I learned how had I am at flying RC things. Is there an equivalent for target fixation through RC controls?

CANDY! A bitchin hog to put beside my other biek models. Might have to fire up an XP build for Fallout 3!

Shiny and chrome. This works really well, I was needing a small took kit to put in the bike trailer that wont see super hard use!

Thanks Santa! Although I'm not sure you are, although I have an idea.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

DefaultPeanut posted:

Finally got around to opening up the gift from my Santa! Life has a way of throwing curveballs, right after the holidays!

A box arrived, it rattled a bit when you shook it. No buzzing though.

I have never used VR glasses for phones before, but I'll see what kind of apps there are for my S5. The door has a few burn marks on the inside... Mad sick 3D?!

This sweet little drone thing! Two of the blades were reversed, so it only danced around on the ground at first. After switching them around, I learned how had I am at flying RC things. Is there an equivalent for target fixation through RC controls?

CANDY! A bitchin hog to put beside my other biek models. Might have to fire up an XP build for Fallout 3!

Shiny and chrome. This works really well, I was needing a small took kit to put in the bike trailer that wont see super hard use!

Thanks Santa! Although I'm not sure you are, although I have an idea.

Hope you liked it! Yeah, I suspect the Audi emblem gives it away.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

CommieGIR posted:

What's the F-150 intercooler look like?

Like what condition is it in? Brand new.
PO swapped it for an aftermarket as soon as he got the truck. There's a stock intake tract too if you're inquiring out of necessity.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Like what condition is it in? Brand new.
PO swapped it for an aftermarket as soon as he got the truck. There's a stock intake tract too if you're inquiring out of necessity.

PM me some photos.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

So I got a letter from NZ....

Echotic has sent more things.....and they are awesome.

Missing the fridge magnet because it's already on the fridge. Dude, very thoughtful and super cool that there's local stuff included. The key ring is making it's way most of the way back around the world to Hawaii tomorrow (seeya suckas, it's too cold in the northeast right now).

Thanks again. You are a great santa.

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010
Did we have any dead beats? I'll volunteer to make something for any gift-less goons.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

Blood Magnet posted:

Did we have any dead beats? I'll volunteer to make something for any gift-less goons.

No dead beats, I'm happy to say. Looking forward to running this again next year. It was a ton of work but after the initial matching, it was pretty spread out.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

iForge posted:

No dead beats, I'm happy to say. Looking forward to running this again next year. It was a ton of work but after the initial matching, it was pretty spread out.

And I think I speak for all of us when I say thank you for stepping up and playing the Ur-Santa this year. We've got one hell of a community here and it's things like AISS that help it continue to not suck. So thanks :):hf::)

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Already printing next year's gift. I look forward to it.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

And I think I speak for all of us when I say thank you for stepping up and playing the Ur-Santa this year. We've got one hell of a community here and it's things like AISS that help it continue to not suck. So thanks :):hf::)

Thank you! I am for sure going to participate next year, too. I have some nice stuff I wanted to send out this year but didn't play.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Yeah, absolutely iforge, thank you for running this, it was a good time.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Motronic posted:

So I got a letter from NZ....

Echotic has sent more things.....and they are awesome.

Missing the fridge magnet because it's already on the fridge. Dude, very thoughtful and super cool that there's local stuff included. The key ring is making it's way most of the way back around the world to Hawaii tomorrow (seeya suckas, it's too cold in the northeast right now).

Thanks again. You are a great santa.

That one sticker, with the dog paw; that's 犬 (quan) which means dog, though 狗 (gou) is the more commonly used word. Now when your friends are jealous for you having Japanese on the side of your car, you can look down at them with smug derision as you say, "Actually, it's Chinese."

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 205 days!)

You should be used to a SAAB owner showing up a month late and a post short, right? :haw:

keykey really came through for me this year!

First of all, his :iamafag: cover letter:

.. and the back Thanks for the 5er, brah (hope your wart gets better)!:

LOOK AT ALL OF THIS poo poo! :perfect:

Headlamp, eye protection, ear protection- all necessary when dealing with a 3.0t! Oh, and the cam lock tool- which I pray to god I will never use (but will probably horde for the rest of my life just in case I get crazier).

THAT'S NOT ALL!

An awesome (and somewhat hard to find) copy of the Saab-Scania book, which goes through the delights of both air and land- at least within the last 20 years, and is certainly a coffee table book for SAAB owners who own those!

Ooh! Yummy Gummies!

Well, at least gummy..

The sludge has given me superpowers, though- I can actually walk through the mess of my home and not give a poo poo for the entire weekend- I need laundry before I need to clean, after all!

Thanks for the SAABtastic post-Christmas Christmas, keykey- It gave me the first smile that I've had in weeks.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

West SAAB Story posted:

Thanks for the SAABtastic post-Christmas Christmas, keykey- It gave me the first smile that I've had in weeks.

You're welcome, glad you liked it and could bring a little Christmas cheer in difficult times. As soon as your name came in my inbox, I already knew what Saab swag you were getting. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 205 days!)

keykey posted:

You're welcome, glad you liked it and could bring a little Christmas cheer in difficult times. As soon as your name came in my inbox, I already knew what Saab swag you were getting. :)

Those window rollers are amazingly bad. How long did they slowly complain until sharkfinning? :D Not sure if those gummies were a whole before you mailed them, but they didn't survive.

Thanks again for the goodies!

• Locked thread