Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Talow posted:

3x Dr. Fetus's choice.

I mean the votes so far are looking like what happened last time won't happen again, but just in case.

Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Cassie, Sidney and MEGAQUEEN

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
3x Fetus choice

As penance for voting for alice in the shin fight, pick what you want.

Miacis
Oct 9, 2012

Get off my lawn!!
MEGAQUEEN, Sidney and Cassie

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
The LP subforum giveth, the LP subforum taketh away.

3x LPer's choice

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
3x Dr. Fetus' choice.

I want to see something spectacular.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Fang, Rose, 1x LPer's choice

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Let's take a look at the voting results so far.

Cassandra: 6
Smith: 4
MEGAQUEEN: 4
Sidney: 4
Scott: 4

Fang: 3
Faye: 3
Rose: 3
Asteria: 2
Alice: 1
Akatsuki: 0

My Choice: 29

Okay, considering that the votes are relatively spread out among all party members, and there's a lot of votes to let me pick the party, I might as well close down voting now, since unless votes massively get skewed in the characters' directions, it'd be pointless to let this go on for any longer. So...

The party is Cassandra, Scott, Rose, Faye, and MEGAQUEEN.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Oops. I misremembered how the final confrontation plays out. Armoroad's final boss is actually considered the harder one, not the Deep City's. That team composition might have been overkill. :sweatdrop:

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oops. I misremembered how the final confrontation plays out. Armoroad's final boss is actually considered the harder one, not the Deep City's. That team composition might have been overkill. :sweatdrop:

Just seeing this, without any other context or video, is amazing :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I can't believe Kujura's (probably) loving dead.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I look forward to the 2 minute video.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Welp. Kujara and an old lady are dead. Just throw them to the FoEs, nobody cares.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. Is the captured Deep One where you go for the bonus dungeon or is he like some kind of double New Game+ content? It seems like there's more there.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I'm just going to say that Scott is now the undisputed king of damage, and there is no way to take him off the throne. You all wanted him to turn on murder mode, and now it cannot be turned off.

Glazius posted:

Huh. Is the captured Deep One where you go for the bonus dungeon or is he like some kind of double New Game+ content? It seems like there's more there.

You'll see his deal later.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Glazius posted:

Well we had the Law route and the Chaos route so there's probably a Neutral route.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dr. Fetus posted:

I'm just going to say that Scott is now the undisputed king of damage, and there is no way to take him off the throne. You all wanted him to turn on murder mode, and now it cannot be turned off.

:bisonyes:

I can't wait to see just how much devastation he can bring.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Update 80: The Deep Princess and Her Warrior

Before we take on the final boss, there's one last loose end I would like to clean up. We reached the 20th floor, so that means Shin respawned. So I would like to take this opportunity to go after her conditional drop now, which involves killing her while she's head bound. This is the party I'm going to take to that fight.

Huh, I've seen Olympia carry one of those, what is it, a lightning beast or something? One of those things around. Anyways, what's it doing down here?

Faye.

Y-Yeah?

What did you do!? Did you, I don't know, break reality or something when you brought us back!? That thing should not be here right now!

Why are you blaming me!? Maybe it just hitched a ride or something when I did that!

Wait, why's the giant naked clam lady here? I could have sworn we killed it.

It's a ghost!

Oh, okay! ...Let's kill it again! Don't want my fists here to be getting rusty!

So here's the thing with Kirin and Shin. Once you've killed them for the first time, the game will remember that for all future NG+ playthroughs. If you take a different path, both Kirin and Shin will respawn once you reach the 20th floor. So there's no rush to go for all their drops before starting a new playthrough.

These are their patrol paths. Kirin walks around the top pillar, while Shin patrols around the bottom. You can easily ignore them if you wish, as they're just there to be refought. So let's get to it.

Shin is just a joke, so let's get to the relevant parts.

Zip! Zap! Ha ha, can't even see where I'm hitting you from, right?

Look at this, actual damage! After only 4 turns of prepping buffs, Scott has already taken out over half of Shin's HP.

When I said the fight was a joke, I meant it. Shin normally does not take that long to kill. Also, let that fight demonstrate why people don't bother using Farmers on their main team. The upsides of using one is heavily weighed down by the fact that they can't do anything in battle, which matters big time for FOEs and bosses. In fact, trying to use one in the post-game is utter suicide since you really don't want to be fighting with less than 5 people.

Gotcha! Ha ha!

And there's the head bind.

We'll take that.

And that's it! Infinitely easier than trying to make something kill itself through Curse damage.

Let's see what the Fullmoon Crown unlocks.

The Anemo Makagoyumi the ultimate Crossbow. It provides a 15% boost to their TP pool, on top of increasing their hit rate by +15. You'll definitely want this for your Arbalist if you have one.

Moving on...

Here's the team I'll be taking on the Deep City's final boss with, along with my Limit setup.

Faye, I really don't know if you should be here right now...

How many times do I have to say it!? I'm not gonna die this time! I promise! I was just careless last time!

There's a sentence I never thought I'd hear.

Worry not, for they won't be striking us down without a fight!

I dunno if I'm comfortable with the idea of Susan being here eithe-

Oh my gosh, can we just go in there already!?

...So you’ve come. Greetings to you, Guild Tidehunt.

The old woman continues speaking, casting a worried glance around the forest as she does.

I didn’t think you would return to us as enemies... Can anything convince you to reconsider?

My apologies, but I'm afraid nothing will sway us now!

The old woman examines your faces as she speaks, and then sighs.

...I thought not. Well, better to at least make the attempt than stand idly by...

When the old woman finishes her sad muttering, she raises her voice to call the young man.

Ha! You're one to talk!

The Princess wears a melancholy expression as she whispers to Kujura. The young man nods, then slowly steps toward you, his hand resting on his katana’s hilt.

Same here, but... we don't have a choice.

The Princess’ only wish was to be reunited with her brother... And you wouldn’t allow even that...

The young man’s expression remains calm, but his body language subtly projects a threatening manner. Suddenly, the Princess behind him addresses you...

A wicked smile unlike any you’ve ever seen the Princess display creeps across her face.

I only borrowed the Deep Ones’ power to gain immortality... It was all that I might see my brother once more... I dreamed of our joyous reunion... Would you judge me for this? Then try and slay me!

Yeah uh, whatever you did, you're kind of threatening all of Armoroad, and you know, the whole world right about now. So, we got to take you down.

The Princess’ scornful yell prompts Kujura to step forward again.

You must defeat me before harming a hair on her head, mind.

Fine! This is for not believing that we were veterans!

:siren:Video: Kujura and the Deep Princess:siren:

Incidentally, this is the last time Hoist the Sword with Pride in the Heart plays on the Deep City path.

Anyways, the final confrontation in the Deep City path plays out differently than in the Amoroad path. Instead of fighting 2 bosses at the same time, this is a 2 wave fight.

Kujura
Level: 57
HP: 10480
STR: 57
VIT: 49
AGI: 51
LUC: 44
TEC: 54
Attack Type: Slash
Exp: 24600
Item Drops:
-Normal: Cursed Shard - 100% Drop Rate. Unlocks the Youtou Nihiru (Katana. Must be restocked.)
--Came from a cursed sword that eats away at its wielder.
-Gold: N/A
Description: A young general sworn to the Princess and the Senatus. Usually serene, but can be impulsive.
Damage Resistances: Slash: 75% Strike: 75% Pierce: 75% Fire: 100% Ice: 100% Volt: 100%
Ailment Resistances: Sleep: 10% Confusion: 10% Plague: 50% Poison: 10% Blind: 10% Curse: 10% Paralysis: 10%
Bind Resistances: Head: 30% Arm: 30% Leg: 30%
Other Resistances: Death: LR – 12% Petrification: LR – 12% Stun: 20%

Skills:

Demon Reaper: Uses the Arms. Deals 120% Slash damage to one row. Has an action speed of +0. Has an accuracy of 99.
Falcon Thrust: Uses the Arms. Deals 150% Pierce damage to one party member. Has an action speed of +60. Has an accuracy of 120.

Kujura isn't a particularly difficult enemy. Unlike in the Armoroad path where you had to deal with 2 bosses wearing down your party, you only have to deal with 1 at a time here. And Kujura himself doesn't deal a lot of damage. He's just really here to wear you down for the next fight.

As always, I'll have Cassandra start off by summoning her clone.

Since Cassandra can't defend anyone while she's using Bunshin, I'm not gonna have Scott and Rose cast Berserker Vow, since it's too risky to use right now. Instead, I'll just have them cast Wolf Howl just so that they don't waste a turn doing nothing.

Faye will set up a Protect Order buff on the front row.

While Susan will set up Attack Order on them.

...Is that all you've got?

Yeah, Falcon Thrust is his strongest attack in terms of raw damage, and even ignoring the back row damage reduction, he can only deal around 200 points of damage at most. Just make sure to keep your party members topped off.

Seriously, get out of our way!

We're not after you, so don't waste our time!

Please don't make this more difficult than it has to be.

There is still time to back down, you know.
Besides, are you really going to fight six people all by yourself?

Look, don't say we didn't warn you.

Yeah, look at how much Protect Order heals for. As long as that's up, Kujura can't do any relevant damage to us.

Scott and Rose will use Berserker Vow, while both Cassandras will Bodyguard them. Yeah, there are all sorts of ridiculous things you can do with 2 Hoplites. Which is why Ninja is one of the best subclasses for them.

Ow! What gives, Cassandra?

Sorry, I wasn't expecting him to be so fast!

Something to keep in mind is that Falcon Thrust lets Kujura outspeed your Hoplite's guard skills (Remember, they don't have priority like in the previous games), so it's even more important to keep your party members topped off since he can pick off party members low on health very easily.

I think I just broke everything.

Man, if you all think that's painful...

For this turn, everyone's just applying the same buffs again to extend their duration. Susan will start piling on Eagle Eyes to amplify Scott and Rose's damage outputs even more.

If you want to harm them, you'll have to go through me first.

If you have a Hoplite, Bodyguard and Line Guard can easily deal with his attacks.

Must you be so bothersome?

Now that all that setup is done, I'll have Scott and Rose will Charge up their attacks.

TP pools are starting to run a bit low, so I'm going to toss around a few Amritas.

We're giving you one last chance to back off here.

I don't think he's listening.

Now it's time to actually deal some damage.

Still not giving up?

Scott is now the undisputed king of damage, and he cannot be dethroned. That was only one hit from Pincushion which is only going to get even stronger as he levels up.

I guess he's serious about this.

With that said, our dedicated damage dealers can still dish out respectable amounts of it. It's just that now the only one who can hope to be on equal standing with him is Sidney, because Scott is just so far ahead of the curve.

Once Kujura drops below 76%, he'll throw in 2 new skills.

War Spirit: Uses the Head. Lowers the party's physical damage output by 50% for 4 turns. Has a 5% chance to inflict Confusion and Paralysis. Has an action speed of +3.
Charge: Uses the Head. Doubles the damage output of Kujura's next physical attack. Has an action speed of +0.

War Spirit is pretty annoying, since it debuffs your physical attackers, and has a small chance to disable your party from doing anything as well.

Kujura doesn't get to use Charge at all in this fight, but he'll start using it every 5 turns once his HP gets low enough. When this starts happening, just have everyone defend on the next turn, since Falcon Slash can outspeed stuff like Line Guard and Bodyguard, and he likes to combo Charge with that.

When Kujura drops below 51%, he throws in his most dangerous skill into the mix.

Ouka no Mai: Uses the Legs. Randomly hits the party with Slash damage 3 to 6 times, and deals 80% damage per hit. Has an action speed of +0. Has an accuracy of 90.

Ouka no Mai is the only skill you really have to watch out for, especially if Kujura used Charge beforehand. But he really doesn't use it all that often. The reason I'm talking about this skill now?

D-Did we just...?

He really was willing to go that far for her...

Scott and Rose just blew him up before he even got a chance to use it. Combined with the defensive support Cassandra and Faye brought to the fight, he really couldn't do much to the party.

Behind him, the Princess’ form begins to warp into a hideous monster from sheer despair!

How dare you kill Kujura!?

The Princess’ shape solidifies into a monster worse than the Deep Ones!

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!?

A giant squid... parade float?

To think something like this was living in Armoroad...

And here's the final boss of the Deep City path.

Deep Princess
Level: 59
HP: 14720
STR: 54
VIT: 53
AGI: 47
LUC: 45
TEC: 59
Attack Type: Pierce
Exp: 25500
Item Drops:
-Normal: Ominous Scale - 100% Drop Rate. Unlocks the Royal Byrnie (Prince/ss' ultimate Heavy Armor. Must be restocked.)
--Scale from the princess that became an abomination.
-Gold: N/A
Description: Made immortal by the Deep One’s power, she became tainted and lost some of her humanity.
Damage Resistances: Slash: 100% Strike: 100% Pierce: 100% Fire: 75% Ice: 75% Volt: 75%
Ailment Resistances: Sleep: 10% Confusion: 10% Plague: 10% Poison: 50% Blind: 10% Curse: 10% Paralysis: 10%
Bind Resistances: Head: 150% Arm: 150% Leg: 150%
Other Resistances: Death: LR – 12% Petrification: LR – 12% Stun: 20%

Skills:

Thin Ice: Uses the Head. Deals 70% Ice damage to the entire party. Has an action speed of -5. Has an accuracy of 120.
Thunder Wrath: Uses the Head. Deals 120% Volt damage to one party member. Has an action speed of +5. Has an accuracy of 99.
Dubious Mist: Uses the Head. Decreases the party's Ice resistance by -30% for 4 turns. Has an action speed of -6.
Ocean Drop: Does not use a body part. Dispels all binds on the Deep Princess and heals her for 5000/10000/15000 HP if she had 1/2/3 binds at the time of casting. Has an action speed of +0.

So according to the EO3 artbook, the way Gutrune attained immortality was by eating Deep One's flesh. Which is what the whole Ningyo sign on the gates was foreshadowing. Anyways, let's talk about the actual fight.

Gutrune herself isn't as difficult as Seyfried and Olympia. Despite her being stronger than either of them individually, you're only fighting one enemy instead of two, and her offenses are kind of mediocre. For some reason, she also likes to throw in regular attacks into the mix, and she really doesn't hit that hard. She'll stop with those once she drops below 51%.

Now before I talk about the fight in more detail, let me just give you one piece of advice. Do not try to head bind her! Yes she is very susceptible to being head bound, and all of her skills do use the head. So theoretically, that would completely shut her down. Now if she's above 51%, it's okay to do that, since her AI only forces her to use regular attacks in that case. But if she's below 51%, this happens instead.

Gotcha!

...Or not.

If Gutrune is head bound and her HP is below 51%, her AI will force her to use Ocean Drop, which dispels every single bind on her (Ailments are unaffected and don't count for this) and heals her for a large amount of HP. And the healing scales with how many binds she has. Unless your party is capable of dealing more than 5000 points of damage per turn, using binds on Gutrune will just needlessly draw out the fight. If your Wildling can only inflict binds, they're outright detrimental for your team.

From 100% to 76%, Gutrune will mainly make use of regular attacks and Thunder Wrath, though she throws in Thin Ice occasionally. She'll always use Dubious Mist on turns that are multiples of 5.

I decide to make use of Anticold since I plan on using Berserker Vow straight out of the gate, and Thin Ice is the only threat to watch out for at the moment.

Just setting up the same buffs I did in the Kujura fight.

If it helps with taking her down, then sure.

Armoroad shall be free from your reign of terror!

...No one in the city considered her a tyrant.

Oh. Your future reign of terror, then!

Don't be mad at me for this, Charlotte.

Not on my watch!

You're gonna pay for tricking us, squid girl!

Now I decide to have Cassandra use Bunshin.

Of course, I don't want to risk Scott and Rose getting taken out thanks to Berserker Vow, so I have both of them cast Wolf Howl instead.

Gutrune has access to a skill that can inflict ailments later on in the fight, so I preemptively set up a Prevent Order here.

AWOO!

Oof. Good thing Thunder Wrath hit Cassandra here.

You never know what a monster like that will try.

Reinforcements are here!

Yeah, there's no way we can just walk away from this now.

Scott's Limit Gauge is full, so he can cast Aegis Shield to protect the party for this turn, letting both him and Rose get off free Berserker Vows.

Try getting through this!

Oh ho ho! Denied!

Now I'll have Scott and Rose charge up for their assault.

I'm afraid not.

Hoplites are ridiculously durable once they start getting all the skills they want.

A little refresher for you, Rose.

Heh, thanks.

Wait till you get a load of this!

Here goes...

Okay, now let's actually attack.

Stab stab stab!

Not my best work.

Gutrune dodged 2 of those 5 hits, but that's Gladiators for you.

Feels like it got a lot more chilly here.

If you have a Hoplite, you really want to start spamming Anticold when Dubious Mist goes into effect. Thin Ice hurts a lot more. You can use a Mist to dispel this if you need to.

Thin Ice did nothing thanks to Anticold. If you're on the Deep City path, you really want to pick up that skill for your Hoplite thanks to Shin and the Deep Princess.

I think going after the part that looks like the princess would be best.

Yeah, Thin Ice hurts if Dubious Mist is in effect. Otherwise, it doesn't do all that much.

When Gutrune's HP is between 76% and 51%, she will start using Thin Ice a lot more, and doesn't use regular attacks all that often. Dubious Mist will still be used every 5 turns.

Yeah, that took out a large chunk of her HP. Once Gutrune drops below 51%, she throws a new skill into the mix.

Huh, that's a really nice singing voice.

Hey, hey! Focus!

Yes, don't be taken in by her devilish charms!

Sweet Song: Uses the Head. Attempts to inflict Confusion on the entire party with a 20% success rate. Has an action speed of -5.

When the Deep Princess' HP is between 51% and 26%, she tends to spam Thin Ice and Sweet Song frequently. She no longer uses regular attacks, and she doesn't use Thunder Wrath that often. She'll still use Dubious Mist every 5 turns.

And when her HP drops below 26%, she'll throw in another new skill.

Lament: Uses the Head. Attempts to bind the heads of the entire party with a 30% success rate. Has an action speed of -5.

She no longer uses Dubious Mist at this point, and just randomly throws out the rest of her skills. Though she is a bit biased towards Thin Ice and Sweet Song. Oh, and Gutrune never got a chance to use Lament in this fight either.

Sorry about that Flowdia, but it was something we had to do.

Because Scott is now Tidehunt's personal weapon of mass destruction. She's honestly not too tough if you're prepared, but you shouldn't get careless. But again, Scott's massive offenses combined with Cassandra and Faye's defensive support meant that Gutrune couldn't do all that much to us. Honestly, this party setup was kind of overkill.

And with that, we've beaten Etrian Odyssey III... again. This time, going through the Deep City path.

Video: Ending and Credits

Aside from the NPC dialogue, the credits themselves are exactly the same. So I'll just skip straight to those.

Something wrong, Rose? You've been looking down ever since you got back.

I dunno, it's just... what Gutrune said is still kind of bothering me. I mean, yeah it was for the good of Armoroad. So... why does it feel like we screwed up somewhere?

Pfft, she was probably just trying to guilt trip you for killing her. I mean she was a Deep One after all. Don't worry about it! Armoroad might not think of you as heroes, but the Deep City sure does!

I guess. I dunno, sometimes I wonder if we could have done something else.

Like what? We sided with Armoroad last time, and look how well that turned out. ...But if I had to be honest, I don't blame you for thinking that. At all.

Hmm, there's one more thing that's bothering me. What about Charlotte? How are we bringing her back?

You know, I still haven't come up with a way to do that. But I might come up with something eventually.

Might?

D-Don't look at me like that! The only way I've thought of doing so is not pretty, and I don't feel like doing that. A-Anyways, how about we all take a nice break after that huh? I promise I'll wake up from my nap this time, hee hee!

And thanks for uhhh, sticking around? Yeah, a New Game + playthrough goes by much faster than a normal playthrough. So if you want to knock out the other path before tackling the post-game, go for it. It only takes like 2 hours at most as long as you don't stop for anything.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jan 8, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Fine! This is for not believing that we were veterans!

Never change, Faye. :allears:

Also, that is a very huge, Sephiroth-sized katana. And a lightsaber, apparently.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Jesus christ that was some beautiful damage output. :allears:

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Also, that is a very huge, Sephiroth-sized katana. And a lightsaber, apparently.
Ignoring the dark aura, it looks a bit like a Nodachi Blade attached to a Katana handle. I say a bit, since mostly it looks like what it is, someone just drew a vaguely Katana resembling thing. As for the second sword, it looks mostly like a red stick with a handle.

Anyway, it's ridiculous how much behind the gladiator got. Is the culprit the subclass system? Both Scott and Sidney are subbing gladiator while Rose obviously isn't since she's already one. Naturally, the gladiator was balanced with the gladiator skills taken into account while the Buccaneer and the Arbalist were probably not.

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

I make alive things dead and sometimes the other way around.
Now that you've finally dealt with the Deep Princess, I can tell my story of how I cheesed the everloving gently caress out of that boss without even knowing what I was doing.

The fight went pretty normally for me (normal meaning slow and arduous 'cause I had no idea what I was doing) until I got her down to just below half health. I think my Wildling was trying to confuse her the entire time, but failed each time. At that point, I decided to head bind her, and you probably know how well that turned out. The crappy thing on top of that, however, is that I think I either landed another head bind or I switched to a different kind of bind before I knew what was going to happen. So she heals 5000 off the first bind on one turn, and heals another 5000 on the second, when I finally manage to call back my animal. I pretty much had to do the whole fight all over again from there, but I'm stubborn so I didn't bother resetting. At some point I did manage to confuse her, which I remember lasting for far longer than I feel it should have (it must have been 3 or 4 turns, but it felt like more). But then something weird happened with her AI, because she just kept spamming Sweet Song over and over again, doing nothing else for almost the entire rest of the battle, so I just beat her up until she died. I told Ragnar the whole thing as it happened, even he couldn't figure out what the hell I did.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Crystalgate posted:

Ignoring the dark aura, it looks a bit like a Nodachi Blade attached to a Katana handle. I say a bit, since mostly it looks like what it is, someone just drew a vaguely Katana resembling thing. As for the second sword, it looks mostly like a red stick with a handle.

Anyway, it's ridiculous how much behind the gladiator got. Is the culprit the subclass system? Both Scott and Sidney are subbing gladiator while Rose obviously isn't since she's already one. Naturally, the gladiator was balanced with the gladiator skills taken into account while the Buccaneer and the Arbalist were probably not.

First off, that's because I didn't put the Shogun subclass on Rose which skyrockets her damage to utterly ridiculous levels that no other class can hope to compete with. But I'm assuming that's not what you meant. :v:

But yes in terms of their ultimate skills and discounting buffs, Gladiators do dish out less damage.

Blade Rave deals 495% damage at most, and Endless Battle gives a 25% damage boost, meaning that it deals 618% damage at most.

Front Mortar deals 382% damage, and Giant Kill gives a 55% boost, meaning that it deals 592% damage. Of course if Double Action activates, that increases to 1184% damage. On average, they deal 769% damage if you factor in the activation rate.

Pincushion can deal up to 442% damage per hit if the user has 99 AGI, and the Buccaneer has no other passive damage boosts. If they roll 3 hits on it, they can deal up to 1326% damage at most. Though on average they'll dish out 884% damage.

Though if you take subclassing out of the equation, the Gladiator becomes the best damage dealer by default because of the fact that they would be the only ones with access to Berserker Vow and Charge.

Efe posted:

Now that you've finally dealt with the Deep Princess, I can tell my story of how I cheesed the everloving gently caress out of that boss without even knowing what I was doing.

The fight went pretty normally for me (normal meaning slow and arduous 'cause I had no idea what I was doing) until I got her down to just below half health. I think my Wildling was trying to confuse her the entire time, but failed each time. At that point, I decided to head bind her, and you probably know how well that turned out. The crappy thing on top of that, however, is that I think I either landed another head bind or I switched to a different kind of bind before I knew what was going to happen. So she heals 5000 off the first bind on one turn, and heals another 5000 on the second, when I finally manage to call back my animal. I pretty much had to do the whole fight all over again from there, but I'm stubborn so I didn't bother resetting. At some point I did manage to confuse her, which I remember lasting for far longer than I feel it should have (it must have been 3 or 4 turns, but it felt like more). But then something weird happened with her AI, because she just kept spamming Sweet Song over and over again, doing nothing else for almost the entire rest of the battle, so I just beat her up until she died. I told Ragnar the whole thing as it happened, even he couldn't figure out what the hell I did.

You either managed to get extremely lucky, or her AI got stuck on her below 51% routines where she is very biased towards using that skill. She can't use it at all when she's above 51%. If you managed to get her to do that, the confusion must've overrode her health check somehow. The AI also does not take Accumulative resistance into account, so this can lead to a lot of wasted turns if she landed it enough beforehand.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just confusion that was broken in general, since that also broke Ruin Caller's AI in this LP. It forces the target to randomly go after their party or their enemy's (50% chance of going after each), and then anyone on the chosen side has an equal chance of being targeted. Replacing their AI scripts with that simplistic AI, and then switching back can probably cause things to break in rare circumstances.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jan 8, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Zip! Zap! Ha ha, can't even see where I'm hitting you from, right?

Look at this, actual damage! After only 4 turns of prepping buffs, Scott has already taken out over half of Shin's HP.

Stab stab stab!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1184_mAdDWU

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

First off, that's because I didn't put the Shogun subclass on Rose which skyrockets her damage to utterly ridiculous levels that no other class can hope to compete with. But I'm assuming that's not what you meant. :v:

But yes in terms of their ultimate skills and discounting buffs, Gladiators do dish out less damage.

Blade Rave deals 495% damage at most, and Endless Battle gives a 25% damage boost, meaning that it deals 618% damage at most.

Front Mortar deals 382% damage, and Giant Kill gives a 55% boost, meaning that it deals 592% damage. Of course if Double Action activates, that increases to 1184% damage. On average, they deal 769% damage if you factor in the activation rate.

Pincushion can deal up to 442% damage per hit if the user has 99 AGI, and the Buccaneer has no other passive damage boosts. If they roll 3 hits on it, they can deal up to 1326% damage at most. Though on average they'll dish out 884% damage.

Though if you take subclassing out of the equation, the Gladiator becomes the best damage dealer by default because of the fact that they would be the only ones with access to Berserker Vow and Charge.
Thanks. Why did I even think this game was balanced anything? It's an RPG with character customization after all.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Dr. Fetus posted:

First off, that's because I didn't put the Shogun subclass on Rose which skyrockets her damage to utterly ridiculous levels that no other class can hope to compete with.

Doing so would also necessitate using a couple of not great attackers instead of Scott breaking faces, though.

How does Shogun make these fights a cakewalk, anyhow?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

RegalStar posted:

Doing so would also necessitate using a couple of not great attackers instead of Scott breaking faces, though.

How does Shogun make these fights a cakewalk, anyhow?

It's because of Warrior Might. While Warrior Might parties only have 1 actual attacker, that doesn't really matter when said attacker is capable of ending the fight by turn 2 for nearly every single boss in the game. No other attacking class has the capability to dish out that much damage, since Warrior Might does not have a cap on how many times it can activate.

Also I realized that I forgot to snag some of Olympia's exclusive dialogue in the post-game for the Armoroad path. Fixed that and added that into update 75.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Update 81: My Innermost Apocalypse

Olympia stares at you, her voice as flat as you are accustomed to.

Oh, what does he want?

It is his wish for you to come to the Deep City immediately.

With that, Olympia leaves quickly. It is your choice whether to obey the Abyssal King's directive or ignore Olympia's words.

She’s talking about passing the reins of the Senatus to someone new. Kind of sad to think about.

Why not Kujur- oh.

Hopefully, Armoroad can get by without the princess and Flowdia.

If not, I could take up that position.

Um, no. Armoroad doesn't need anyone like you ruling over it!

Hmph!

Let's take a look at what Kujura and the Deep Princess' drops unlock.

Kujura's drop, the Cursed Shard, unlocks the Youtou Nihiru. It's not the ultimate Katana, but it will be stronger than the ones Charlotte can get for a while. It has a 15% chance to inflict Curse, which is pretty useless.

The Deep Princess' drop, the Ominous Scale, unlocks the Royal Byrnie. It's the Prince/ss' ultimate armor. Provides a lot of defense, and 10% more HP and TP.

And for completing the Deep City path, we get a new icon on our guild card.

I heard you faced the evil one and came back in one piece! After all you’ve been through, I’d say you deserve a rest.

Hee hee, no need! Already got plenty of that a while ago.

I recall no princess by that name during my reign over Armoroad. But to hear you tell it, it sounds as if Armoroad’s princess was not, in fact, possessed by a Deep One. Rather, she used its power to live on while being careful to preserve her sanity. But it mattered little in the end. She had become a monster, which you slayed to save Armoroad. I have no more instructions or missions. Only thanks for your tireless efforts and loyalty.

Everyone got level ups here. The rewards are the same as on the Armoroad path, except for one thing...

Like the Armoroad Emblem, the Deep City Emblem provides a 5 point boost to all stats. However, unlike the Armoroad Emblem, it actually provides a massive boost to TP instead of HP. This is a really good accessory for Yggdroids, since it increases their TP pool by a huge amount and lets them fire off their skills a lot more often.

Anyways, let's talk to the Abyssal King.

Yet... sometimes I am troubled by the image of a girl, laughing in delight as she looks up at me... ...I feel that I know her. Is there... some gap in my memory?

Olympia said something about him losing his memories, right?

Yes, but I don't believe there's anything we can do about that.

Magic Parry now has an 18% chance to nullify elemental attacks.

I started investing in Eagle Eye again for Scott.

I feel blurry!

At this point, Rose pretty much has every skill she wants, so I'm just investing in some extra skills now.

At this point, why not?

Won't say no to more of that.

To the point where I'm actually investing in HP Up and TP Up because there really isn't anything more for her to get. Rose's maximum HP pool increased by 10%, and her TP pool increased by 13%.

Ohohoho! Tis I, Faye the 8th, pretty little princess and daughter of the great- oh screw talking like this.

There's a specific skill I want Faye to get, and it involves investing in Nobility Proof some bit. When a buff wears off on her, she'll recover 4 TP.

And Susan is just getting some more points in Swashbuckling.

Now let's leave.

In the Porcelain Forest’s depths is a teleportation device. Using it will bring you to the evil one. Though it cannot possibly be slain by human hands... I have come to believe that you may succeed. If you have the courage to face it, go hence. I will not force you. It is entirely in your hands.

Hmmm, what do ya'll think? Are you gonna stick with this, or bail out again?

What kind of heroes would we be if we let such a thing remain in this world?

Sure. Might as well try to do things right this time.

Hee hee! Just what I was hoping to hear!

Oh... oh dear.

Ugh, what the hell is this place?

It's even more disgusting in person. Aw shoot, we forgot to fill up our pack with supplies. Let's go back real quick.

She said, ”Our real enemy sleeps deep within the earth!” Thinking back on it, maybe she was talking about the thing you’re about to face.

The Deep Ones’ plot has been foiled and you now march against the evil controlling them... Some say it is too powerful for man to defeat... But if any can, I believe it is you.

We shall be sure to succeed.

When I told her that you were well, she only sighed. Have you done something...?

...We did what we had to, that's all I'll say.

Ever since the day you went deeper into the Labyrinth, the Deep City has been plagued with earthquakes. That’s why I was worried about you all...

You should head to Armoroad. It's not gonna be safe here anymore.

Huh? I should escape to Armoroad? Whatever for? I can’t abandon this inn when you’re undertaking something so dangerous! The Abyssal King still watches over this city. We’ll be fine!

I certainly hope so.

It seems the evil one, angered that his territory has been trespassed upon, is lashing out. There will be yet more danger ahead... You must beware.

I’ve been reading the reports at the Senatus, and that Stratum seems pretty hair-raising.

Tell me about it.

It's too dark in there! And there are too many pitfalls! I kept hurting my butt.

Honestly, I can’t even imagine a monster like that hiding in the ocean’s depths... Just keep doing your best. The future of Armoroad depends on you.

I know that you’re doing it to protect mankind and the Deep City, though... So that’s why I’ll always be right here, cheering you on!

You must rest well. The Deep City’s facilities are open to you. If you hope to protect mankind’s dignity, you cannot fall now.

Yes, he did. Why do you ask?

Because when I went to visit old Flowdia, she kept calling his name and the Princess’.

Oh...

If I had to guess, I’d say they’re reacting to whatever you’re doing. All I can do is welcome you like always... I believe in you, members of Tidehunt!

Though mere flesh, you are finally drawing near to the depths of the otherworldly forest. I have kept my word with Yggdrasil and protected the Deep City for 100 years. In that time, I thought it would be impossible to directly challenge the evil one. But when I watch you, I wonder if I wasn’t mistaken. I wonder if I might start afresh as well...

That's... kind of a tricky question to answer.

We'll get back to you on that.

You’re heroes beyond any other guild in Armoroad. It’s up to you to save the rest of us.

I’m sure the Abyssal King is praying you’ll be victorious... That’s why I’m praying for your victory, too!

It was when I came to the abyss with Yggdrasil. It’s strange; this body prevents me from dreaming. But I have had one dream. In it, you succeeded in slaying the evil one. You needn’t worry about Yggdrasil anymore. Show that monster what it means to be human!

Heh heh, yeah! Err, I'm a can of whoop-rear end in my case, but yeah! Woo, let's do this!

It won't be just a dream for much longer... I hope.

Faye, are you sure we're ready for this?

How could we not be? Look how weak that thing is! I told you that you should have explored the whole floor first.

Yeah! We won't be going down this time!

Video: Abyssal God

Let us do things right this time.

Not this time.

I'm onto you!

Music stops.

Ha, see! Piece of cake! I bet the Abyssal Ki-

U-U-Um, F-F-Faye?

Y-Y-You m-m-m-might want to l-look up...

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

...Aw, fudge.

Ow! It just bounced my shot back at me!

I don't think we're doing too much to it.

Cassie, you mind being a little faster next time...?

Seriously, that's gonna ache in the morning...

S-Sorry. Ugh, why is everything faster than me now?

...Are you kidding me!?

Whatever we did to it before, I think it's safe to say it's been undone.

Then what the heck are we supposed to-

MULLIGAN! MULLIGAN! I DEMAND A MULLIGAN!

Says the girl who has the power to bring us back from the dead.

...Oh. Right! Okay, get ready for another beatdown you-

If you're going to do that, don't leave me behind again. I must say, I did not appreciate being ditched like that, you know.

Oh, hey Charlotte- I mean, what's up, traitor?

Trai- ...If this is about Gutrune secretly being a squid girl, I only found about that when you all did.

Oh, uhh sorry.

Ah. Well, Rose should be happy to hear about that, at least. She really missed you, you know?

Hmmhmm, I bet she does. Hmm, are we at A-rank? Maybe even A+? Or... No! We couldn't possibly be at S-rank, c-could we?

Uhh, can we go straight to the whole being brought back to life thing or whatever?

Yeah, sure. Hey Charlotte, quit mumbling weird things to yourself and get over here before we ditch you again!

Ahhhh! Coming!

Alright, everyone here?

Yep, that's all 6 of us.

Okay, then let's-

Wait! Actually, I have a request. Do you mind taking us back to the beginning of the adventure? As in, all the way back?

Um, why?

It has to do with the situation between Princess Gutrune and King Seyfried. I believe there may be a way to resolve it more peacefully than the methods you've tried.

Are you sure about this?

Yes. I didn't spend all my time in here moping around you know. There were a couple of... oddities I noticed during your adventure, which may help in resolving that.

Um, if you say so. Okay then. Here we go!

Yeah guess what, there's actually a 3rd path we can actually take in this game. However, getting to it is far less straightforward than just accessing the Armoroad and Deep City paths. See if you can figure it out, because hoo boy, getting to it is not intuitive at all!

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Nov 6, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Also minor vote: Who we should side with now? Armoroad or the Deep City? (All this vote affects is who gets dunked on, Kirin or Shin.)

And if you haven't listed to Calling That Detestable Name, do so right now. That song is just amazing.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jan 9, 2017

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Y'know, of all things, I didn't exactly expect Azathoth to be the bonus boss. Huh.

As for the boss dunking, we've already seen you tear apart Shin, so Armoroad path.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I love those two text boxes. It's just "YOU HAVE hosed UP NOW".

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Whichever one you had to fight with the bad party composition last time.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Armoroad. Let's watch Kirin have a bad time.

... Also, I keep reading bits of Smith's dialogue in Bender's voice in my head.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Armoroad, for being clearly better than the alternative.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah guess what, there's actually a 3rd path we can actually take in this game. However, getting to it is far less straightforward than just accessing the Armoroad and Deep City paths. See if you can figure it out, because hoo boy, getting to it is not intuitive at all!
Well, it obviously involves befriending the Deep Ones somehow, since they're the only remaining faction, and the emissary said something about proving that the two races could live together... I'm guessing you'd have to get to the Porcelain Woods without ever killing a Deep One, and then probably a fetch quest or something to prove your sincerity?

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Deep City. I assume that we're probably not going to be voting on the 4th stratum fight again (since both have been done already), and you can always use some more catharsis.

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012

kvx687 posted:

Well, it obviously involves befriending the Deep Ones somehow, since they're the only remaining faction, and the emissary said something about proving that the two races could live together... I'm guessing you'd have to get to the Porcelain Woods without ever killing a Deep One, and then probably a fetch quest or something to prove your sincerity?
Really? I think it involves killing neither the King, nor the Princess. It did seem needless to me and only happened because the King insisted on bloodshed.

Anyway Amoroad.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Yay postgame. Can you really go to the Abyssal God without doing the third path? Is the game actually dickish enough to put you in a fight you can't win?

Anyways, voting Armoroad because robots should not be the canonical choice.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

WarpedLichen posted:

Yay postgame. Can you really go to the Abyssal God without doing the third path? Is the game actually dickish enough to put you in a fight you can't win?

None of the paths are actually required. You can go through the post-game no matter which path you took. But if you care about 100% completion, you do have to do all of them. I just chose to restart my runs after the main game is finished, since the only thing the paths affect in the post-game is the dialogue (And I stuffed those into 2 separate updates.)

The Abyssal God isn't affected by which path you take. However, it's a butt because that fight is just awfully designed. But that's a topic for a later time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The only thing I know about the post-game is that the Abyssal God is 48 flavors of gently caress you, but its boss theme is great and was also in EMD apparently.

WarpedLichen posted:

• Locked thread