Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

This is the same guy who did the "Mr. Edison there's a big dumb government poophead here to pee on your wonderful wonderful lightbulb" cartoon, right?

The hell's up with his representation of Mexico.

Guess it's better than drawing him in a poncho and sombrero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Still a lower EO rate than any president in 130 years.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/orders.php

I'm going to restart dox / mail employers of Trumpites if this persists.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

I AM THE TOILET posted:

This is the same guy who did the "Mr. Edison there's a big dumb government poophead here to pee on your wonderful wonderful lightbulb" cartoon, right?

The hell's up with his representation of Mexico.

Yep. Randy Bish. For reference, here's his caricature of Obama:

Wait, you mean blaming the Democrats for Russia interfering with the election isn't already a Trump tweet?

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
My dad got some old stuff and found a local cartoon from some year I'm not sure of yet. I've got a journal that should identify the artist when I have a chance.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Please timg your eleventy billion by thirty-twelve trillion pixel photos.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I don't think the message is especially effective but I like the imagery in this one!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

ah yes the poor, enslaved baby boomer, truly what will we do without them in the workfor--oh god kill me i'm turning into ted rall

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

way_overstretched_gimmick.png

Potato Salad posted:

Still a lower EO rate than any president in 130 years.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/orders.php

I'm going to restart dox / mail employers of Trumpites if this persists.
EO frequency =/= EO substance.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 8, 2017

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Not only did Obama not overuse executive orders, Trump willingly associating with something called "White Out" would be a public relations nightmare.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

I work IT and I get to see most of the hiring that goes on and the majority of full employee hires are in their late 40's to early 60's. Most of the Gen-Xers and Millennials that get hired are brought in as temps and contractors. There is a big problem, especially in more established companies, where instead of training and grooming talent they just head hunt it from other companies. This has created this really interesting problem where companies will be unable to fill most if not all of the management and skilled+experienced labor positions once they run out of Babyboomers to snipe. The last 20-30 years (basically since Reagan) have wreak absolute havoc on the labor market. It seems like every day I read a new article about how screwed the labor market is thanks to the endless obsession with short term profits over long term growth.

edit: typos corrections

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jan 8, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
To the next generation Twitter really will be seen as synonymous with Trump, won't it? And maybe to the end of America as a superpower.

Do the people at Twitter ever talk about this in meetings?

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

You can almost see the idea forming and then the cartoonist realizing that the swastika should be flipped and then him saying "gently caress it, let's do it anyway".

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

Pierogi posted:

You can almost see the idea forming and then the cartoonist realizing that the swastika should be flipped and then him saying "gently caress it, let's do it anyway".

I don't think the Reich's swastika is ever depicted rotated the other way.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Pierogi posted:

As in... the Nazis are going away this year?

That's the correct alignment.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I work IT and I get to see most of the hiring that goes on and the majority of full employee hires are in their late 40's to early 60's. Most of the Gen-Xers and Millennials that get hired are brought in as temps and contractors. There is a big problem, especially in more established companies, where instead of training and grooming talent they just head hunt it from other companies. This has created this really interesting problem where companies will be unable to fill most if not all of the management and skilled+experienced labor positions once they run out of Babyboomers to snipe. The last 20-30 years (basically since Reagan) have wreak absolute havoc on the labor market. It seems like every day I read a new article about how screwed the labor market is thanks to the endless obsession with short term profits over long term growth.

edit: typos corrections

Don't worry! The millennials will get the blame for not working hard enough. Not that I give a poo poo as a Gen X'er, I just think it's funny to see the generation with the short end of the capitalist stick getting the most poo poo.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Nebalebadingdong posted:

My dad got some old stuff and found a local cartoon from some year I'm not sure of yet. I've got a journal that should identify the artist when I have a chance.

I live near Decatur, AL and I'm pretty sure I've seen some of this artist's work before (or someone with a similar style). Maybe my grandmother's got some stuff like this saved up as well. My grandpa liked political cartoons and the like and collected some bits and pieces here and there.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Orabilis posted:

I don't think the Reich's swastika is ever depicted rotated the other way.

I mean if it were drawn incorrectly then one of the arms could be the "7" in a simpler way than it's done in the cartoon.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
That is clearly a Nazi swastika. Even angled at the correct angle and facing the correct way. Do you guys, on SomethingAwful, really not know what the Nazi swastika looked like?

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Please don't let swastikas become the new mud. :(

FicusArt
Dec 27, 2014

Why would I draw dudes when I could be drawing literally anything else?
That cartoon is coherent, accurate, with a strong and clear message. why are you trying to argue that it should use innacurate imagery

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Pierogi posted:

I mean if it were drawn incorrectly then one of the arms could be the "7" in a simpler way than it's done in the cartoon.

And then it wouldn't be a Nazi symbol, thus rendering the entire cartoon meaningless.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

du -hast posted:

That is clearly a Nazi swastika. Even angled at the correct angle and facing the correct way. Do you guys, on SomethingAwful, really not know what the Nazi swastika looked like?

He's saying that if you inverted the swastika the 7 could just be one of the arms of the swastika instead of a weird offshoot. Which wouldn't really work, because, again, the swastika would be inverted.

EDIT: Should probably refresh before posting.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Obviously you flip the "2017" instead, getting a bonus visual metaphor to suggest we are regressing as a society.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

du -hast posted:

I for sure don't.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Wait wait, I thought 8 was the nazi number, not 7

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Who even were the Nazi's? I know they were Wonder Woman's enemy but you guys are talking about them like they were real?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
They were Mad Hatter's goons (cause they're so Nutsy).

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
No, Captain America fought the Nazis. Wonder Woman is fighting a nebulous group of German cult members who are fanatically devoted with super science from the gods not Nazis.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
A digger is haunting Europe — the digger of communism.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Is there... any suggestion that the Russians have been involving themselves with European elections?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Mr. Squishy posted:

Is there... any suggestion that the Russians have been involving themselves with European elections?

They did fund a lot of anti-EU parties all over the EU; but I'm not aware of anything as blatant as for the US elections where they've done everything they could to sabotage Clinton's campaign.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Donald Trump and the bear under the bed - Chris Riddell on the tweeting president-elect and the election hacking row"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent:

After Jackson Pollock.

Independent on Sunday:

Times:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Russia has provided financial and rhetorical support to anti-EU and far-right groups throughout Europe, including Marine Le Pen.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

If you were to take the dad character and put him into another comic, would it seem a tad bit racist in how he was drawn?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Starshark posted:

Don't worry! The millennials will get the blame for not working hard enough. Not that I give a poo poo as a Gen X'er, I just think it's funny to see the generation with the short end of the capitalist stick getting the most poo poo.

That's kinda what being on the short end means/does. You're the one who gets pushed around so you're the one who's made to do all the unpleasant stuff and then take all the blame because you can't fight back.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

What is that whacky Yonic Cyber Death and her knuckleheaded sidekicks the Tweedle Dubya-Dubya-Wun and Tweedle Dubya-Dubya-Too up to now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Mr. Squishy posted:

Sure, it's been in the news for years. They fund many far-right parties / populist parties that naturally are critical of the EU, they deliberately spread fake news that negatively influence the public's opinion of their governments and there have been hackings that have been traced back to Russia. 2015 hacking of the German bundestag was a big one. Germany I hear fears/expects Russia to try to influence their 2017 federal elections through their usual means.

• Locked thread