Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Are there eyebrows on the new icons??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Can we romance the icons? What about the hotbars?

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

PKBitchGirl posted:

They don't have set names, those are just the default names you can pick any first name you like. Shepard had default names in the originally trilogy John and Jane (as in Doe)

Anyway, I'm hoping Vetra can be romanced by Fryder

Your first and only post and you introduce Fryder into the mass effect goon lexicon, thus insuring your immortality.

What the gently caress have i done with my posting life.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Section Z posted:

SMGs with effectively infinite ammo were nice, and ME3 let us use any gun we wanted without firing bullets at a 90 degree angle out of our barrel. But it's just not the same :saddowns:

get the coalesced editor for ME3
open the coalsced.bin file found in me3\BIOgame\CookedPCConsole in the editor you just downloaded
navigate to bioinput.ini > sfxgame > sfxgamemodedefault > bindings
add the following line: ( Name="PC_Reload", Command="SwapWeaponIfEmpty | TryReload | initammo 999 | initgrenades 10")
now every time you hit the reload button your ammo is set to the maximum including grenades

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Reclaimer posted:

Your first and only post and you introduce Fryder into the mass effect goon lexicon, thus insuring your immortality.

What the gently caress have i done with my posting life.

there's still time to introduce M'Ryder

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
i'm sexually attracted to Asari without eyebrows

MEA gonna suck

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Moola posted:

MEA gonna suck

this but men

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Old icons looked better imo.

Agreed and disagreed. I think Peebee's is an improvement in that it looks like her and not just a generic Asari. Obviously I can't tell if it does the same for Cora, but I don't think either is an improvement aesthetically over the old.

Moola posted:

MEA gonna suck

Mac Walters has already said that there are more romances than just your crew, and his favorite is on a planet. I imagine you can find an eyebrowless Asari working the tables in the Vortex Lounge who would love to biotic reach around.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jan 8, 2017

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Oh yeah we haven't even seen Cora or Liam's faces yet lol, it's gonna be Kaidan/Ashley all over again, benched in the spaceship forever while I use the more interesting companions

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

marshmallow creep posted:

Mac Walters has already said that there are more romances than just your crew, and his favorite is on a planet. I imagine you can find an eyebrowless Asari working the tables in the Vortex Lounge who would love to biotic reach around.

noice

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

Dragon Age sidestepped this by having ingame DLC merchants.

Talking to that one dude in the camp in DA1 made me the most mad I've ever been at a video games company.

10 years later I still haven't bought the lovely DLC he peddles. This is a victory to me.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The DLC is pretty rad, though.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Skippy McPants posted:

The DLC is pretty rad, though.

Did you play the DA1 DLC?

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

frajaq posted:

while I use the more interesting companions [in ME1]
???

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

nerdz posted:

there's still time to introduce M'Ryder

Mander.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Agreed and disagreed. I think Peebee's is an improvement in that it looks like her and not just a generic Asari. Obviously I can't tell if it does the same for Cora, but I don't think either is an improvement aesthetically over the old.

Mac Walters has already said that there are more romances than just your crew, and his favorite is a planet. I imagine you can find an eyebrowless Asari working the tables in the Vortex Lounge who would love to biotic reach around.

Its time to final frontier that galactic rear end.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

BexGu posted:

Its time to final frontier that galactic rear end.

That's why the Tempest is so phallic.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The planetary romances will be like the asari consort quest. You get a reward for a job well done and then throw a tantrum until the asari rolls her eyes and bangs you so you stop whining.
To bioware that's deep storytelling.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Veotax posted:

What is this game 'obviously aping' from The Witcher?

The design of the spaceship.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
What does the spaceship in the witcher look like?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Did you play the DA1 DLC?

Yes? Most of it was pretty good and the DLC he's talking about, Warden's Keep, was very good.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Arcsquad12 posted:

The planetary romances will be like the asari consort quest. You get a reward for a job well done and then throw a tantrum until the asari rolls her eyes and bangs you so you stop whining.
To bioware that's deep storytelling.

Balls deep in the narrative.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Things a Mass Effect game needs to be good:

- Racism
- People overcoming their differences to work together
- Viceral third person combat
- A wierd, slimy, western imperialist badguy who works for a creepy corporation

Therefore, Resident Evil 5 is the best Mass Effect game ever made.

Mymla posted:

What does the spaceship in the witcher look like?

Similar to the one in this. Keep up.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jan 8, 2017

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Dan Didio posted:

- A wierd, slimy, western imperialist badguy who works for a creepy corporation

This is exactly what killed the mass effect narrative though.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

No, it wasn't.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Wonder when the next Andromeda briefing is going to be released. The second one came out like the first or second day of December, right?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

SgtSteel91 posted:

Wonder when the next Andromeda briefing is going to be released. The second one came out like the first or second day of December, right?

The next gameplay/story showing of Andromeda will be a post on Vine in about two weeks.

They're really going all out.

PKBitchGirl
Jan 8, 2017

Biofan noticed that Peebee and Cora's icons changed since the original trailers

Old:

New:

Just mentioning it since it seems they're going away from the hollow outlines (which makes me think they're going to update Liam's in a similar way), and this is still the closest we've come to seeing what Cora looks like, goddamn.

I hope that's not what she looks like in-game, the hair over one eye look looked ridiculous on Ashley and it looks even worse in Cora's icon

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Who wants to frack Drack?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

PKBitchGirl posted:

I hope that's not what she looks like in-game, the hair over one eye look looked ridiculous on Ashley and it looks even worse in Cora's icon

Yeah, that icon is a mess. Proportions are all weird, too.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

They have an entire universe to play with and they're using the exact same species as the earlier games for the party? That's really boring, and disappointing.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Skippy McPants posted:

Yes? Most of it was pretty good and the DLC he's talking about, Warden's Keep, was very good.

Glad you enjoyed it. I really didn't like any of the non-Warden DLC.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

There's two more companions left to see, and the plot of the game is that we just showed up and need to meet the locals, so chill out. I wouldn't be surprised if the Andromedan companions that can join you are spoiler territory.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I'd rather not know, honestly. I hadn't even realized we knew the names of the human followers.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Bet those human followers die on the second mission in a "dramatic" twist.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Wendell posted:

They have an entire universe to play with and they're using the exact same species as the earlier games for the party? That's really boring, and disappointing.

it's been mentioned a bunch of times that at least one squadmate is from Andromeda

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Biofan noticed that Peebee and Cora's icons changed since the original trailers

Old:

New:

Just mentioning it since it seems they're going away from the hollow outlines (which makes me think they're going to update Liam's in a similar way), and this is still the closest we've come to seeing what Cora looks like, goddamn.

Seeing this screenshot made me realize how embarrassing it's going to be to read the name "Peebee" over and over and hear it spoken in 700 lines of dialogue.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Maybe they'll use "Peebs" or "Jelly" once you get to know her a little better? :shrug:

Wendell posted:

When you saw how Bioware treated the Prothean in your party are you really looking for them to be ground breakers and revolutionary in their alien creations?

But also, It ~KINDA~ makes sense in that your groups of species' all left on the same boat together. I mean, come on. Maybe the other two one (since you're probably gonna have a Geth or Rockalien in the party) alien team member might be an actual weird thing like a Hanar or something.

Star Wars, for all it's fan goodwill, doesn't really have many more interesting starring aliens than what ME has.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Drifter posted:

When you saw how Bioware treated the Prothean in your party are you really looking for them to be ground breakers and revolutionary in their alien creations?

Javik was the best companion in ME3 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I thought Javik was a well-written character in ME3. He totally flips your view of the Protheans from being generically benevolent good guy aliens into actually being a warlike civilization who subjugated all the species in the galactic pond until they finally ran into a much bigger fish in the form of Reapers. Their purpose was not to uplift, but to subdue and to rule, which I thought was a good foil to all of our prior assumptions. It was also cool that the last living Prothean as far as anybody knows goes almost unnoticed in a galaxy full of chaos, and he has nothing to offer that can actually help you except to fight.