Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what a stringbean eat a drat burger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

for all of you worried about nxt not preserving tommy end's satanism his new name is allister black

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

oatgan posted:

for all of you worried about nxt not preserving tommy end's satanism his new name is allister black
Tommy is good with coming up with names

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That is a real good name

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

oatgan posted:

Hell yeah.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

oatgan posted:

Cool. First wrestler to share a name with a person I know.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

uh i've kept up the copyright for allister black since 2002 for neverwinter Nights roleplaying purposes. Back off jack off

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I made a UK Championship Tournament thread even though I barely know some of the people in it. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3804488

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Suplex Liberace posted:

I like the name Kassius Ohno. Come at me.

:yeah:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Tom Phillips and Corey Graves seem to be on the verge of finishing up with NXT finally soon. They've obviously introduced Percy Watson recently but they've hired a new announcer that starts next week at NXT apparently.

Corey Graves calling Wrestlemania most likely is a real trip if you think about where he came from or worst fears people had about how Vince and Kevin Dunn would receive him.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

abraham linksys posted:

can we talk about how loving rad this house show sounds http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-results/nxt-largo-fl-live-results-kassius-ohno-vs-andrade-almas-227866

put that on tv, goddamn

hope tozawa is okay though :ohdear:

im getting a huge kick out of nakamura moving to the US and continuing to only give a poo poo in the biggest matches and otherwise spending his time doing a best-of of himself and being in silly multi-man tags

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert posted:

Tom Phillips and Corey Graves seem to be on the verge of finishing up with NXT finally soon. They've obviously introduced Percy Watson recently but they've hired a new announcer that starts next week at NXT apparently.

Corey Graves calling Wrestlemania most likely is a real trip if you think about where he came from or worst fears people had about how Vince and Kevin Dunn would receive him.

I'd even say Corey Graves ending up as WWE's top colour commentator is probably the thing happening now that would sound the weirdest if you took a time machine back five years.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Re: Graves https://twitter.com/TheFrayMovement/status/818119362582376449

Quick aside as it is a real thing. Besides it being WRESTLEMANIA. All the ex-NXTers from wrestlers to announcing/commentary staff want appear at the Florida Wrestlemania this year for the full circle moment aspect. Expect a big morale hit among those who don't appear on screen or maybe it being something WWE may discipline people with.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I enjoy Graves almost as much as Heenan.

He does a great job at color and he plays that heel persona well. I just want him to have one person that he hates always like Heenan did with Hogan.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

He does a great job at color and he plays that heel persona well. I just want him to have one person that he hates always like Heenan did with Hogan.

It's Becky Lynch, OP. They're just not on the same show right now

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Danielle Karmella hasn't been training at the PC and moved back home the last few months:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

rovert posted:

Danielle Karmella hasn't been training at the PC and moved back home the last few months:

Can you change shipping addresses on Amazon by using an Echo

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

He really loving hates The Drifter even though he's a heel. And he loathes DIY. When he hates someone he lays it on REAL heavily and it's pretty fun.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Phenix Rising posted:

He really loving hates The Drifter even though he's a heel. And he loathes DIY. When he hates someone he lays it on REAL heavily and it's pretty fun.

He also hates All Things New Jersey. (see: Amore, Enzo; Morgan, Liv)

vv Yeah, probably out of fear as much as respect.

Jay 2K Winger fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 8, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Likewise I'm not sure what Asuka's alignment is supposed to be, but Corey's always praised her highly.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
If it was out of fear, he should be singing the praises of Ciampa, because I'd be scared as poo poo of saying anything bad about him.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/818177226135007233

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
hmm I like that name a lot but don't know if it works super well for him. If they announce him as THE BEAST OF BELFAST that'd be fuckin cool though

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Just call him Big Kill.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

abraham linksys posted:

hmm I like that name a lot but don't know if it works super well for him. If they announce him as THE BEAST OF BELFAST that'd be fuckin cool though

I imagine they'll call him that in NXT but won't on the main roster until lesnar leaves.

Killian is a dope rear end name

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

magnum_valentino posted:

Cool. First wrestler to share a name with a person I know.

My best friend is also named Oney Lorcan, what are the odds?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'm so glad he's changed his name because hearing Americans say "Damo" was so weird

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
What even is Oney? Is it a European name? Is it pronounced Oh Knee? Wunny?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

magnum_valentino posted:

What even is Oney? Is it a European name? Is it pronounced Oh Knee? Wunny?

In my head it's pronounced Wunny, no matter how much I know that is not true.

Both Oney and Lorcan are Irish names. Oney means "Honored/Honorable", "Long lived", "Born on Holy Ground". Lorcan means "Little fierce one". So the Honorable little fierce one that was born on Holy Ground

He's tried the Finn Balor thing and missed the mark a little bit in my opinion

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Just call him devil eyes lorcan and he'll be all set

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

oatgan posted:

They're spelling it Aleister, so yeah definitely preserving that.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Whats my name?

Killian Dain.

Ask me again, I'll tell you the same.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

So according to Wikipedia Killian means little church

And Dain was a dwarf

So he definitely isn't big anymore

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jay 2K Winger posted:

He also hates All Things New Jersey. (see: Amore, Enzo; Morgan, Liv)
Which is funny because people from Pittsburgh should not throw stones

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Yesterday I heard the Woman's tourney has been pushed to May/June & CWC2 pushed to September.

Kinda sucks if you are Crusierweight whose contract is up or is coming up. You will just have to sit tight and work most of the year on the indies. Mark Andrews had the ideal situation of jumping from TNA to straight to the WWE UK tournament.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

who is gonna care about CWC2 after seeing the endgame for every cruiserweight in the fed lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

who is gonna care about CWC2 after seeing the endgame for every cruiserweight in the fed lol

what will the prize be for CWC2? Assuming you can't just vacate the belt so I have to assume either the champ is in the tourney from the beginning, or is the Final Boss.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they don't exercise their contract option and you get to go back to japan and cima gives you a big push

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

they don't exercise their contract option and you get to go back to japan and cima gives you a big push

Or wrestle in ROH's Top Propect Tournament or in a Florida Growhouse for WWN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rovert posted:

quote:

World Wrestling Entertainment has hired Vic Travagliante, the voice of House of Hardcore, as the latest member of their announcing team, PWInsider.com has learned.

Travagliante will start shortly with the company. Prior to HOH, he had worked as an announcer for the Cleveland Cavaliers.

The belief is he will be working on the WWE NXT brand.

• Locked thread