Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

syscall girl posted:

What I'm saying is tweenaged paper delivery boys and girls should get guns

Because it was hell to collect payments

The times require an updated successor to the obsolete Velo Dog revolver, perhaps something like a Judge revolver. Get one for each or your tweens!

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Nyuk! Nyuk!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

This kills the dog

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

hanales posted:

Yes but no one has answered the original question of why there is a fence on it.

The answer is self evident. To prevent retards from falling into the pool.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Didn't they shoot one or both of those dogs and one was half alive and the owner had to tell the cop to shoot it again because it was suffering?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Didn't they shoot one or both of those dogs and one was half alive and the owner had to tell the cop to shoot it again because it was suffering?

No.

The dog that was actually eating the car, they tried to taser, but it didn't take (I'd guess because the darts won't penetrate the coat deep enough). Animal control got them, but the family got him back and had to take him to obedience training or something.

FAKE EDIT: found a follow up article that backs that up. They also had to pay $200 in fines.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unleashed/2010/03/dogs-cop-car-police-bumper-eat.html

quote:

WDEF-TV interviewed Winston's owner Michael Emerling who expressed gratitude that the police did not use deadly force on his pet. "We've seen places where dogs have done a lot less and been shot. We really are grateful to them for not doing that."

Dudeabides
Jul 26, 2009

"You better not buy me that goddamn tourist av"

Krispy Kareem posted:

I thought cops loved shooting dogs? Are those Canadian cops or something?

It's the Philly Police. It's more hilarious that the dog got one up on three officers.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I was going over in my head the possible ways to build something that would safely incapacitate or discourage a violent dog...

Maybe they could just give dog whistles to police officers? :shrug:

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Three-Phase posted:

I was going over in my head the possible ways to build something that would safely incapacitate or discourage a violent dog...

A net.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

So THAT'S what happens when a dog finally catches the car it's chasing.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Three-Phase posted:

But they already use terms like "thugs" and "urban"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

yo rear end is grass posted:

So THAT'S what happens when a dog finally catches the car it's chasing.

See also this infamous Far Side, where Larson didn't realize what it looked like he'd drawn until he started getting letters

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Three-Phase posted:

pictured:

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Data Graham posted:

See also this infamous Far Side, where Larson didn't realize what it looked like he'd drawn until he started getting letters

Don't kinkshame, etc...

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Don’t show that to Reddit. They already have /r/DragonsFuckingCars.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Problem: Undertrained and overstressed police officers shoot family dogs while serving drug warrants.

Possible solution 1: Give the cops yet another gun-shaped thing to hang on their belts for dogs only.

Possible solution 2: Stop issuing no knock warrants for drug crimes with no obvious weapons.

Possible solution 3: Serve warrants somewhere public or at least outside.

1 still kills the dog if it exists, which it doesnt

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Platystemon posted:

Don’t show that to Reddit. They already have /r/DragonsFuckingCars.

e: Yes that is exactly what it says on the label.

Ok that you can kinkshame that no problem. :stare:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Data Graham posted:

What is it meant to look like apart from the dog loving the car?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Hyperlynx posted:

What is it meant to look like apart from the dog loving the car?
Standing on top of its corpse, triumphantly howling.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Strudel Man posted:

Standing on top of its corpse, triumphantly howling.

And then Gary Larson drew in a differential just to get lovely letters from everyone.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bip Roberts posted:

And then Gary Larson drew in a differential just to get lovely letters from everyone.

I thought it was a disquietingly prominent mons pubis.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Yeah, Larson swore up and down that neither he nor any editors realized how much it looked like the dog was loving the car until it ran in newspapers and the letters started coming in

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Remember angry letters? I wonder if people still write them.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Solice Kirsk posted:

Now they just leave angry comments online.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Don't ever scroll past the end of a news story unless you enjoy old people slamming the dog whistle into anything nearby to make noise.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

They write angry emails now but occasionally really old school folks do it by snail mail.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Chichevache posted:

Frankly I'd be more afraid of the boxer. Pit bulls, unless they're abused to hell and back, are the most lovable dogs in the world. They all think they're lapdogs too. :3:

All dogs think they're lapdogs. They just don't give a gently caress.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zv_-4jInp4

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/gary-lineker-reveals-he-is-sent-the-same-disgusting-package-in-the-post-every-single-month/105062

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Do you think the guy ever looks at his wipes and say "nah, that's not good enough to send to Gary. I'll just flush this one and try again later."

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Ak Gara posted:

All dogs think they're lapdogs. They just don't give a gently caress.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zv_-4jInp4

The schadenfreude is on those owners as they go through a couch every six months and people stop dropping by because the dog has no manners and learned it's cute to eat couch cushions.

Train your dogs well, people. Especially when they reach the size of adult humans.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Bonster posted:

The schadenfreude is on those owners as they go through a couch every six months and people stop dropping by because the dog has no manners and learned it's cute to eat couch cushions.

Train your dogs well, people. Especially when they reach the size of adult humans.

It's actually kind of grosser than eating the couch. It looks like the dog is mock-suckling the pillow, doing it for comfort. Usually arises in dogs that were weaned too early and taken from their mom.

So the couch is just going to be drenched in dog slobber eventually.

Minty
May 3, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szUJSXBjpJM

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Isn't that where the guy from Surgeon Simulator works?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Really low polygon count surgical tools, it's pretty rough.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UinpG2htgfs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS