Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Tiggum posted:

They certainly seem to be hinting that, but it will annoy me if it's not actually Michael Dorn. You can't use that well-known a voice and then just go "nope it was someone who sounds completely different disguising their voice to sound like Worf somehow"

It's not the first time, they've used that trick though. Tony Todd's arguably an even more well known voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
They're doing it for all costumed villains now, after people worked out that Harrison Wells was Reverse Flash in S1 of The Flash by removing the post-processing.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

ookiimarukochan posted:

They're doing it for all costumed villains now, after people worked out that Harrison Wells was Reverse Flash in S1 of The Flash by removing the post-processing.

If you're just casting "actual villain's disguised voice" you could go for someone no one's heard of before though. Michael Dorn may not be in high demand these days, but there are certainly a lot of people in the audience who are going to go "that's Worf" as soon as they hear him. There's two kinds of misdirection in TV; The good kind is where you do something that seems relevant but turns out not to be but can be explained by other facts also in evidence and there's the kind where you give the audience an obvious clue and then just pretend you never did it, and that second kind is bullshit.

If you give your mysterious villain a recognisable voice and then just go "That guy who it obviously was because you all recognised his voice? It wasn't him." That's bullshit.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

They also revealed that Harrison Wells was a bad person in like Episode 2 of the Flash though. It's not like him being Reverse Flash was a big surprise.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not a lot of people who'd recognize him. The guy's from Star Trek, let's not be silly.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I had no idea he was voiced by someone famous. Like, I know who "Word" is but I doubt I'd recognize the actor if he knocked on my door.

But also I didn't care that Zoom wasn't Tony Todd or that Savitar wont be Jigsaw.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
I want to see a mysterious villain voiced by Mike Tyson.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

ookiimarukochan posted:

Yeah, also that Thea was the one who shot Sara because the voice was just her voice pitched down.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its really weird to learn that the reason they employ "guest voices" is that some fans are crazy and do audio editing on the show.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

STAC Goat posted:

Its really weird to learn that the reason they employ "guest voices" is that some fans are crazy and do audio editing on the show.

You ever heard Chipmunks music slowed down so the voices sound normal? It's surprisingly good

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

STAC Goat posted:

It takes like 5 minutes in audacity.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I've watched almost every episode of ST:TNG, the Dominion War seasons of DS9, every Star Trek movie, recognized Michael Dorn as Caliban in Justice League right off the bat, and yet I still didn't realize he was doing the voice of Prometheus until I saw it in this thread.

On the other hand, I recognized Tony Todd as being Zoom immediately.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Easy retcon, Laurel knew something she wasn't supposed to know and to protect her from Dahrk she agreed to enter witness protection before Oliver and the gang saw her in the hospital. The nurse gave her a delayed reaction drug to fake her death. She has been in charge of the new task force X.

Also due to Flashpoint her first mission was to kill Cisco Ramon's brother and make it look like an accident.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
There better be a scene of Laurel looking at the statue and disliking it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Maybe she is the statue, granted life via Christmas wish.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

greatn posted:

Maybe she is the statue, granted life via Christmas wish.

Or Rory did it. Golems.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spacebump posted:

There better be a scene of Laurel looking at the statue and disliking it.

And destroys it with a Canary Cry.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Xealot posted:

Or Rory did it. Golems.

Is that from the Torah?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

So is Laurel a transporter accident clone or??? (I will find the weakest possible excuse to post evilriker.gif)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's what the midseason premiere is about.

According to some interviews, they do address the possibility she's Black Siren.

(If she is, I bet you the reveal will be her disabling the team with a Canary Cry.)

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

According to some interviews, they do address the possibility she's Black Siren.

(If she is, I bet you the reveal will be her disabling the team with a Canary Cry.)

Barry's gently caress ups continue to cause damage across the world.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

kingcom posted:

So is Laurel a transporter accident clone or??? (I will find the weakest possible excuse to post evilriker.gif)

Sinestro Corps Wars have been going on in the background of the show the whole time and now it's time for Blackest Night

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

Sinestro Corps Wars have been going on in the background of the show the whole time and now it's time for Blackest Night

Blue Lantern Barry and Yellow Lantern Ollie please. Violet Lantern Sara would also be good.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Xelkelvos posted:

Blue Lantern Barry and Yellow Lantern Ollie please. Red Lantern Sara would also be good. :black101:

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
Are the blue lanterns really, really stupid, even for lanterns? If so I am on board.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Tiggum posted:

When Ollie goes to visit his girlfriend, why are the lights off? She's got a lamp turned on in the middle of the room but no other lighting, and neither of them turns any lights on. It's weird.
There was also a definite show of a large bottle of vodka when she gets him a drink, and considering Ollie said he noticed a flip that was taught to him in Russia, is she going to be part of Prometheus' plan?

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

spookygonk posted:

There was also a definite show of a large bottle of vodka when she gets him a drink, and considering Ollie said he noticed a flip that was taught to him in Russia, is she going to be part of Prometheus' plan?

I thought she was going to use a brand of vodka that was sold in the Bratva bar as a way to pump him for info.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

This would be the second biggest troll (next to making Laurel Prometheus) and I would also laugh my rear end off.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Chokes McGee posted:

This would be the second biggest troll (next to making Laurel Prometheus) and I would also laugh my rear end off.

Third, because it misses the voltron-troll. She's both Prometheus AND Black Canary.

I'm hoping it's the "Rick & Morty"-style thing where she's from an alternate timeline/universe where everyone else died, and she left to find one where she was dead, but her friends weren't. I almost don't even care if anything comes of that backstory. She can even keep the Canary Cry!

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Dec 23, 2016

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

OB_Juan posted:

Third, because it misses the voltron-troll. She's both Prometheus AND Black Canary.

I'm hoping it's the "Rick & Morty"-style thing where she's from an alternate timeline/universe where everyone else died, and she left to find one where she was dead, but her friends weren't. I almost don't even care if anything comes of that backstory. She can even keep the Canary Cry!

I want it to be an escaped Black Siren loving with Ollie and forming the Legion of Doom from Legends.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Merry Christmas Arrow thread, I love you.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

New midseason premiere promo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F9POjINTCQ

Well well well...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Haha well, so much for mystery.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Haha well, so much for mystery.

I feel like it HAS to be some kind of red herring.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
So much, in fact it's your weekly dose of Omega 3.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Never overestimate a network to cut a super spoilers preview.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Get ready for another crossover event as every CW DC show got renewed.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

muscles like this! posted:

Cool. I loved the Crossover, so I am actually very happy to hear that.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

But will they meet Teen Wolf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

And also they picked up Constantine.

(As a cartoon. But with the original actor.)

• Locked thread