Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Dilber posted:

oh my god, houston hired Mark Dnofrio as Defensive coordinator.

It must be super depressing to have somebody accentuate your manboobs in a photoshop.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jan 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Dilber posted:

I guess they can hope that defensive design in Miami was all on Al Golden.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Thoguh posted:

I must be super depressing to have somebody accentuate your manboobs in a photoshop.

:staredog:

Tits big enough to make Andre Smith jealous

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

DJExile posted:

The advantage in the B1G west is that you have 2 all-but-guaranteed conference wins every year in Purdue and Illinois.

Illinois is about to pull into second place in the division behind Wisconsin because Lovie's turning the program around. I firmly believe this

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

swickles posted:

we would be voting for Penn St./Paterno for eternity.

This sounds good, let's do this.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I cannot stop laughing that someone hired him.

as a reminder, his best way to defend georgia tech was 2 deep safeties in case they pass on every play.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DJExile posted:

90s QBs! Get yer 90s QBs here!

Weinke was a bad pro, but he was pretty drat good in college.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Thoguh posted:

Here lies Greg Davis, he never got a first down.

https://twitter.com/MarkEmmert/status/817466293976698881

Wooooooooooooooooooo

I have a list of guys I want to see get the job who would be realistic hires and mostly fit what Iowa likes to do offensively but it's definitely gonna be Brian Ferentz after they jump through the nepotism hoops and do some token interviews. And I'm mostly okay with that I think. He was run game coordinator and that's generally been fine, and he was with the Pats so he's at least been exposed to interesting offensive ideas. Really no one could possibly be worse than Davis. The regular seasons weren't good offensively but the bowl games performances were completely untenable. Give people a couple months of prep for his offense and we couldn't move the ball at all. Say what you will about Ken O'Keefe but we at least tended to overachieve in bowls with him.

Dilber posted:

as a reminder, his best way to defend georgia tech was 2 deep safeties in case they pass on every play.

we did that against them in a bowl game and they couldn't move the ball at all maybe you should have recruited more Adrian Clayborns

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Dilber posted:

2014 was a magical year

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Dilber posted:

:stare: That's awful. Like Josh Nesbitt "hired because my name came up on a Google search" awful.

Maybe Applewhite's pulling a con job on Fertitta and UH here. Hire cheap crap coaches, go 4-8 or something in 2017, let Fertitta and UH fans go thermonuclear and fire him...and walk back to Tom Herman at Texas with $7.5 million in his pocket.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 7, 2017

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

i am so sorry.

here is his goal line defense against GT.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I...don't think I've ever seen a team at any level line up like that against a bunched formation at the half yard line.

Maybe it happens in pop warner?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I'm sure it'll be fine, it's not like Houston has a strong divisional opponent who runs a flexbone offense, right

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Hopefully Bobby Kennedy follows Davis out the door because our WR recruiting and development has been loving trash even by Iowa standards

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Grittybeard posted:

I...don't think I've ever seen a team at any level line up like that against a bunched formation at the half yard line.

Maybe it happens in pop warner?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

According to ESPN, Georgia Tech passed 7 times and rushed 65 times in that game. Who can blame them?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So Wake hired Arkansas' DC. Apparently he was doing really well then hit a wall, but I dunno how much of that was Bert. I dunno how to feel about this.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wake is looking for someone who can run their defensive scheme, the Moscow Rules

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I don't know whether to root for Minnesota because Fleck was great at WMU, or to hate them because those fuckers took our coach. Now to settle in for the steep slide back to mediocrity, barring Flacco the Younger suddenly emerging as a world-beater or something

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Everyone's talking about money and championships, but let's not forget what's really important:
https://twitter.com/JamesALight/status/817486720761532416
He gets to keep the catchphrase.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So Wake hired Arkansas' DC. Apparently he was doing really well then hit a wall, but I dunno how much of that was Bert. I dunno how to feel about this.

Congratulations, I guess.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
What's Western going to do with all those oar jerseys?

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Dilber posted:

"Photoshop everything but don't photoshop out the tits."

I like this almost as much as creepy Muschamp downs gator pic.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

quote:

Michigan: The position offered to Cleveland Browns associate head coach offense Pep Hamilton at Michigan is quarterbacks coach / passing game coordinator reports Mary Kay Cabot who covers the Browns.

:rip: every michigan QB

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

DJExile posted:

:rip: every michigan QB
Pep Hamilton was Andrew Luck's OC at Stanford during their Fiesta Bowl season so :shrug:

Then again coaching Andrew loving Luck is way different than coaching whatever Michigan is trotting out at QB now.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah I was wondering about that, because holy poo poo at the notion of shoring up your offense by getting a coach from the cleveland loving browns

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Oh, he also was Luck's OC with the Colts for a few years after Bruce Arians (pbuh) went to Arizona.

His only years without Andrew Luck were a Stanford Rose Bowl season with Kevin Hogan at QB and this year with the Browns.

So, uhh, I think the jury is out on him (that being said, that Rose Bowl season was nothing to sneeze at).

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The actual Michigan QB coach is Jim Harbaugh so who cares

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

MourningView posted:

In that case they need to just hire the best recruiter they can find for QB coach.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Auburn hired Mizzou's secondary coach. He noteworthy?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

He was only at Mizzou for a year, I didn't get much of a read on him. According to his bio he's experienced at least? Bounced around coaching secondaries in college and the NFL with a couple of failed DC stints for like 40 years (he coached in the USFL).

After looking at his wiki the most impressive thing is that in a career that started in 1981 his longest job in one place was 5 years. The vast majority were between 1 and 3 years.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 8, 2017

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

After looking at his wiki the most impressive thing is that in a career that started in 1981 his longest job in one place was 5 years. The vast majority were between 1 and 3 years.

Noel Mazzone's defensive twin

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

Fisch had a lot of input on the day to day, that's a pretty big loss.

But yeah, I am not going to be worried about our QBs as long as Harbaugh is the coach.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

I'm starting to get worried that somebody is going to target JMU HC Mike Houston. The guy has turned teams around at each school he has coached - Lenore-Rhyne (DII), The Citadel (DI, but always pretty bad), and JMU (had done well but underperformed for the past ten years in the postseason).

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Tyrone Wheatley may be heading to WMU.

That's a bummer.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
lol remember how we hired Tim Beck, the second coming of Greg Davis? Objectively successful when given a roster stocked with top-tier recruits, universally reviled by the fans who have to watch his offenses. I guess that's not super surprising since at the end of the day Tom Herman is from the Greg Davis coaching tree.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Thermos H Christ posted:

lol remember how we hired Tim Beck, the second coming of Greg Davis? Objectively successful when given a roster stocked with top-tier recruits, universally reviled by the fans who have to watch his offenses. I guess that's not super surprising since at the end of the day Tom Herman is from the Greg Davis coaching tree.

:suicide:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Not really. The Tigers D was a total tire fire, so enjoy.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/818162212133081089

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Well that's some weird timing.

• Locked thread