Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol, jesus, gently caress that. How can you think it's fair to put them 1st and 25 there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
The Dolphins needs to step up because these Steelers are playing like assholes.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

MakaVillian posted:

You should keep watching the replays until you see what actually happened

PASS THE MASH posted:

It was dirty but not intentional. It should have been a 15 yarder and that's it

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

really good kick

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Alaois posted:

I'm legitimately interested where the line is of where a dirty hit won't be defended by people in here

If it doesn't look sick as hell in replay

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Alaois posted:

I'm legitimately interested where the line is of where a dirty hit won't be defended by people in here

Well Steeler fans defend their rapist QB so I don't think they have a line.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Next Miami drive the Pittsburgh linebackers will bring baseball bats out to the field with them.

Miami will get penalized for protesting.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Golf metaphors in my gridiron football :v:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
That Ajayi penalty was a drive killer. Same thing happened to the Panthers in Week 1. NFL has to look at this lame poo poo.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

VJeff posted:

lol, jesus, gently caress that. How can you think it's fair to put them 1st and 25 there.

They didn't? It was the holding penalty that pushed them back.

e: Or maybe I missed something, I guess it was third and thirty something. Not paying hte most attention at the second

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

MJBuddy posted:

He's outside the pocket and he pulled the ball down to run. Pulling it back up at the last second doesn't change the rules there.

Pulled down to run? He clearly was trying to throw the ball. I loving knew he was going to force that pass, it was the most obvious thing ever. He was running out of field to work with.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Some will say Landry missed his route. I personally think Moore is throwing to players only he can see.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I would say watch for the Dolphins to retaliate on the Steelers offense, but we'd have to actually make physical contact with them first.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Codependent Poster posted:

Well Steeler fans defend their rapist QB so I don't think they have a line.

lemme tell you about girls who wear skirts in public

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Guys I need to buy a car and have a $6,000 budget. Do I just get a 2008 Camry or something?

Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

I wanna see Suh go ahead and break Ben's legs now.

Wanna see some balls stomped.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Somewhere in America, Tony Sparano golf claps.

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

PASS THE MASH posted:

this.

Dupree was coming fast and Moore made a motion like he was going to run. Dupree should have gone lower but it happened in milliseconds. Doesn't excuse Dupree from not trying harder to tackle in the numbers though.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Grittybeard posted:

The penalty to Ajayi gave them a 1st in 25.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Moore is fine he just got the wind knocked out of him.

And his brains might be a bit scrambled. He went through the concussion protocol and passed.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
That whole series of events is a great example of the way the league actually feels about head injuries. Everything they do is lip service to try to keep regulators off their back. gently caress the NFL.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

Guys I need to buy a car and have a $6,000 budget. Do I just get a 2008 Camry or something?

get a gen 1 camry

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Alaois posted:

I think it would have to be something like the Charles Martin hit on Jim McMahon. And I'm saying that as a Packers fan.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Why are you people mad about that hit do you realize that it could have happened to Brady

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

PASS THE MASH posted:

Basically, there is a huge difference between a guy launching himself directly into a guys head and a guy hitting the head while trying to hit a guy in the chest.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Grittybeard posted:

e: Or maybe I missed something, I guess it was third and thirty something. Not paying hte most attention at the second

No they had a second and 17 that the holding pushed farther back.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

That's not what you said in your post that I quoted. You said Dupree "didn't go helmet to helmet" which he clearly did

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

I would say watch for the Dolphins to retaliate on the Steelers offense, but we'd have to actually make physical contact with them first.

I do not think little things like "whistles" and "referees" and "rules" are going to stop Suh hitting Ben at this point.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Steve Smith on character development

Ben Rothlisberger on consent

Josh Gordon on sobriety

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

this is going to get so chippy

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Moxie posted:

Why are you people mad about that hit do you realize that it could have happened to Brady

gently caress the Pats and all, but it's dirty if it happens to Brady too

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

My first thought was "imagine that hit to Ben from Burfict."

The refs minds would explode when the "burfict should be flagged for breathing" rule conflicted with the "BR is a fat rapist, let defenders beest the poo poo out of him" rule. Like that Star Trek episode where they asked the computer to calculate pi to the last decimal and it blew up.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Special teams is playing great at least go Phins!

A Big Ben awful INT here would be great.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Moxie posted:

Brady's not dumb enough to do what Moore did though

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I want suh to dirty randy them.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
The nfl would do well to maybe not throw flags after a team murders a guy

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Moxie posted:

And it would be a dirty hit then too. I want Brady knocked out but not helmet to helmet. Just break his leg or something.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

VJeff posted:

Because after the play Ajayi started a shoving match. There is a difference between on the field contact and penalties occurred while trying to make a play and starting a fight with no regard to the game.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Still giving huge cushions in the wind when we need as many guys around the LOS as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

swickles posted:

Basically, there is a huge difference between a guy launching himself directly into a guys head and a guy hitting the head while trying to hit a guy in the chest.

Nope, they have the same effect outside of the weird fanfiction angle.

Intent shouldn't be a factor at all if you care about head injuries.

• Locked thread