Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

KungFu Grip posted:

He can't gain muscle mass, just lose weight. It's one of the biggest problems he had before leaving NXT last time

Vince should call up his old friend Dr. Zahorian to help Chris with that little problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm sure it's been asked before but why do people get so up in arms about Hero's weight and not Owens or Samoa Joe's?

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Baron Corbyn posted:

I'm sure it's been asked before but why do people get so up in arms about Hero's weight and not Owens or Samoa Joe's?

Owens and Joe were never lanky

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Baron Corbyn posted:

Joe is Samoan and making fun of their weight is basically a hate crime. Owens looks like the fat tough guy in every bar in every 80s movie and so is very Wrestling.

Chris Hero just looks like a fat piece of poo poo.

Who also owns at wrestling.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Baron Corbyn posted:

SamoaJoeStuck.jpg

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

SamoaJoeStuck.jpg

I mean that and "He's FAT!" get brought up sometimes, but I feel like I never see a conversation about Chris Hero that doesn't end up being about how fat he is.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Also Joe and Owens both wrestle in fat guy shorts, Hero still squeezes into trunks which only serve to accentuate his gut.

Still owns.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Kevin Owens and Roman Reigns both wrestle in shirts because they're ashamed of their bodies. CM Punk is rolling over in his grave.

On the other hand, Chris Hero embraces his body and his body thoroughly embraces his tiny trunks.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I think it's just because of how he gains weight, not that he can control his genetics. Guys like Samoa Joe, Kevin Owens, or Bray Wyatt seem to "fill out" more and gain the weight proportionally in their faces, arms, and legs, Hero just gains 90% of it in his gut and the trunks accentuate it.

Hero owns though, like a super speedy wrecking ball

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

They should bring back Chris Hero as Fake Roman Reigns.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

The masses love when a big man can move. Remember when Sportscenter used to show highlights, a big fat lineman scooping up a fumble and running for a touchdown always made the top 10

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

He better decide on a finisher because he's got about 18 listed on his wiki

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

super macho dude posted:

Second rope piledriver

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mob posted:

The masses love when a big man can move. Remember when Sportscenter used to show highlights, a big fat lineman scooping up a fumble and running for a touchdown always made the top 10

consistently amazed still by how fast Owens moves. the workrate and cardio for a man that large you'd think would be bad but it's better than most guys he faces. some guys just know how to move with it, so does Hero, more power literally to you

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

super macho dude posted:

He teased the elbow though that may not be canon

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Kevin Owens & Samoa Joe look offensive linemen strong, who'd kick your rear end.

Chris Hero looks like the dungeons & dragons kind of guy sitting behind a computer eating doritos all day.

Maybe that's part of his appeal.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

89 posted:

Kevin Owens & Samoa Joe look offensive linemen strong, who'd kick your rear end.

Chris Hero looks like the dungeons & dragons kind of guy sitting behind a computer eating doritos all day.

Where does Bray fall in your categories?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

89 posted:

Are you kidding? Owens looks way more like a goon than hero in every way. He even has a loving neck beard. Hero is legit like 6'3 and now he has extra weight to elbow you with.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

He teased the elbow though that may not be canon

he was using elbows (generally to the back of the head) to finish guys in his last run

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I could see his finisher being the death blow and the spinning discuss boot.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Ok, maybe it's cause Hero wrestles in his underwear.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I can't quite explain why, but Chris Hero is a fat guy who doesn't look like he should be a fat guy, while Joe and Owens totally look like they should be fat guys.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The_Rob posted:

Are you kidding? Owens looks way more like a goon than hero in every way. He even has a loving neck beard. Hero is legit like 6'3 and now he has extra weight to elbow you with.
Owens and Joe have broad shoulders and are generally more endomorphic. Hero's taller but his profile is slimmer which makes his heaviness more noticeable.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

sticklefifer posted:

I can't quite explain why, but Chris Hero is a fat guy who doesn't look like he should be a fat guy, while Joe and Owens totally look like they should be fat guys.

Joe and Owens are big boys

Hero is a fat boy which is similar but distinctly different

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

it's because hero is a handsome very sexual dude while joe and owens look like ugly fat guys

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

sticklefifer posted:

"See I'm not sure if you know this, but there are two kinds of fat people: there's fat people that were born to be fat, and there's fat people that were once thin but became fat... so when you look at 'em you can sorta see that thin person inside."

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Fat wrestlers are good

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Owens is a way grosser fat dude than Hero.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

joe is the sexiest im split between the KOs

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Hero is in the weird middle place between too fat and not fat enough. Like if he wants to go all the way with it and get a big watermelon gut like Kevin Owens and have his thing be "really fat guy that's still good," that's cool. Or he can be in shape. But just "kinda flabby" is never a good look. Commit one way or the other!

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
hero is pear shaped and has big hips and people are prejudiced against this strong powerful man

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Where is Shine to weigh in on this.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of8kY_IbYq4

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
My main problem with Kevin Owens isn't his weight, but how he never trims his beard.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

DM Punk posted:

My main problem with Kevin Owens isn't his weight, but how he never trims his beard.

You think a woman should just get over their miscarriage.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Everyone who is weird about Hero being fat is just insecure. Hero doesn't seem fazed by it at all.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ehh check out his post-match promo in aaw after breaking the ring lol

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I just wanna tell you that I appreciate the fact you still have your AIM user name in your profile.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Owens' beard is the real miscarriage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA stuff

Stuff taped today:

ONO Rivals
- DJ Z def. Trevor Lee
- Braxton Sutter def. Spud
- James Storm def. Mahabali Shera
- Aron Rex w/Spud def. Jessie Goderz
- Decay def. DCC (Bram and Kingston)
- Angelina Love def. Madison Rayne
- Broken Matt Hardy def. Drew Galloway
- Moose def. Mike Bennett (w/ Maria Kanellis Bennett)
- Lashley def. Jeff Hardy

Stuff taped yesterday:

ONO Joker's Wild (gimmick: random teams)
*Moose & Davey Richards defeated Matt Hardy & Trevor Lee.
*Aron Rex & Rockstar Spud defeated Badd Bones & Jesse Godderz.
*Eddie Kingston & Bram defeated Robbie E & Mahabli Shera.
*Michael Bennett & Braxton Sutter defeated Tyrus & Crazzy Steve.
*Jeff Hardy & DJ Z defeated Eli Drake & Paredyse (TNA Producer Jimmy Long, reprising his old OVW character).
*Jade & Sienna defeated Laurel Van Ness & Allie.
*TNA champion Eddie Edwards & Caleb Konley defeated Andrew Everett & Marshe Rockett.
*Moose wins Gauntlet to win $100,000 check.

Impacts
Race for The Case match: Mike Bennett, The Hardys, Bram, Eddie Kingston, Eli Drake, Tyrus, Crazzy Steve, Mahabali Shera, Jessie Goderz, Trevor Lee are the participants. Eli Drake gets the red case, Trevor Lee gets the blue case, DCC gets the gold case, Jeff Hardy gets the green case
- EC3 airs his grievances and wants to invade Wolves Nation after the constant interference in his matches. Lashley interrupts him and proposes a Last Man Standing match to be number 1 contender. EC3 wants the match now.
- Lashley def. EC3 in a Last Man Standing match to become number 1 contender to the TNA World Title
- Brooke (Tessmacher) def. Deonna Purazzo. Post match: Sienna attacks Brooke and for eventually lays her out.
- TNA Grand Championship Match: Drew Galloway def. Moose (c) to win the Impact Grand Championship
- 5 Way X Division Championship match: DJ Z (c) def. Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett, Marshe Rockett, and Caleb Konley. Post match: Trevor Lee attacks DJ Z and nails his leg with a chair several times.
- Lashley calls Eddie Edwards out. Lashley and Edwards go back and forth, until Lashley offers a 30 minute iron man match. Edwards accepts. Lashley attacks until Davey Richards makes the save.

Xplosion
Laurel Van Ness def. Alisha
Mahabali Shera def. Spud
Davey Richards def. Kingston
Jade def. Laurel Van Ness (taped Friday)

Impact stuff taped Thursday and Friday:
* Aron Rex and Rockstar Spud have been re-branded as a "Liberace + valet" type of unit. Spud is sporting a powder blue doorman suit; Rex in a floor length white fur coat with oversized, sparkly rings on most fingers. Rex cuts a flamboyant promo claiming that Spud has been "reborn" and "it's not about violence in 2017." Robbie E interrupts and gets the double attack in ring.
* Braxton Sutter defeated Mike Bennett. Allie comes out midway through match as an equalizer against Maria Kanellis.
* TNA Knockouts Champion Rosemary cuts a promo in the ring on how there's no more challengers for her to take on. Jade interrupts and requests another shot. Rosemary challenges Jade to a Monster's Ball match (Red vs. Blue). Rosemary goes on the attack after Jade accepts
* The Hardys defeated The Wolves to retain the TNA Tag Team Titles.
* Aron Rex and Rockstar Spud defeated Robbie E and Swoggle. Rex pinned Swoggle
* Crazzy Steve and Abyss defeated Eddie Kingston and Bram by DQ when James Storm hit Abyss with a beer bottle. The two teams brawled after the match