Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Cyron posted:

so samus will be the first gay nintendo charater?

First openly gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cyron posted:

so samus will be the first gay nintendo charater?

Nobody remembers Daisy

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
How is everyone doing on this, the Fourth day before the Switch reveal

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

How is everyone doing on this, the Fourth day before the Switch reveal

I watched the last three episodes of Pokemon XYZ and cried my eyes out, and probably have strep.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

greatn posted:

I watched the last three episodes of Pokemon XYZ and cried my eyes out, and probably have strep.

Neat! I haven't watched the anime since DP but I'm glad you enjoy it

I would watch the Sun/Moon anime if I wasn't afraid of getting bored with it quickly. There's some good and wholesome Lillie content to be found there

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Over under on Pokemon Stars being announced during the... announcements?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Infinitum posted:

Over under on Pokemon Stars being announced during the... announcements?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nice

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

bef posted:

I too think in terms of absolute black and white

i think in terms of light and dark (worlds)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

MOM!!!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Nikkei says Switch will cost $250 in Japan

http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGKKZO11376390W7A100C1ENK000/

Quick reminder Nikkei always leaks correct details a few days before Nintendo officially confirms it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
bought

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Could be a different price elsewhere. Wii for example was only $200 in Japan but $250 everywhere else. In Japan it didn't have Wii sports as a pack in.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Louisgod posted:

Nikkei says Switch will cost $250 in Japan

http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGKKZO11376390W7A100C1ENK000/

Quick reminder Nikkei always leaks correct details a few days before Nintendo officially confirms it.

Oh yeah, well my friend Nikki said it'll cost $200

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
bought

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Confirmed that the Nintendo Switch only costs $15.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
25000 yen is more like $215.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
I honestly would be shocked if it wasn't $250 or $300. $200 is too cheap and $350 is too expensive for the marketplace. $250 - $300 is really the sweet spot, but I think $300 is only justified as a bundle or if they're actually using Pascal (which it doesn't look like they are)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That picture someone posted before of console prices was pretty interesting. Either they were charging way too much early on or they our catering to our irrational attachment to 200-300 dollars. Same with games costing 60 dollars. Accounting for inflation, they should be about 90 dollars now.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

InFlames235 posted:

I honestly would be shocked if it wasn't $250 or $300. $200 is too cheap and $350 is too expensive for the marketplace. $250 - $300 is really the sweet spot, but I think $300 is only justified as a bundle or if they're actually using Pascal (which it doesn't look like they are)

Nintendo Switch: $200 is too cheap

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cojawfee posted:

That picture someone posted before of console prices was pretty interesting. Either they were charging way too much early on or they our catering to our irrational attachment to 200-300 dollars. Same with games costing 60 dollars. Accounting for inflation, they should be about 90 dollars now.

The NES Mini was 60 dollars.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

Not for us mere mortals. I still can't find it in stock at any of my local stores.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

Ok?

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
I laugh when people say games where cheeper back when their kids, i mean you had no concept of money when you are 8.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I did, because I had to save up my own money to buy games.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Cojawfee posted:

I did, because I had to save up my own money to buy games.

In our family we only ever got games on birthday and christmas. It did lead to most of them bring 90% gameing related the rest underware and socks

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yeah it seemed like an OK price to me too

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
Do you mean enthusiast or the common man? If the internals are so cheap that its only $200 I will certainly not be ordering it this coming Thursday. As an "enthusiast" I don't buy things just because they are cheap and exist. I buy them because they provide me with what I need. Buying things just because they are cheap sounds more like the average consumer.

---TheLawlessMan, redditor

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

youcallthatatwist posted:

Do you mean enthusiast or the common man? If the internals are so cheap that its only $200 I will certainly not be ordering it this coming Thursday. As an "enthusiast" I don't buy things just because they are cheap and exist. I buy them because they provide me with what I need. Buying things just because they are cheap sounds more like the average consumer.

What in the world

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Source your-

Oh, I see.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

don't dox me

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cyron posted:

I laugh when people say games where cheeper back when their kids, i mean you had no concept of money when you are 8.

Didn't different games have different prices a lot more back then?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Looper posted:

Didn't different games have different prices a lot more back then?

Yeah the amount of additional chips in a cart could affect the price. Big rpgs had battery saves, extra ram, etc

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I swear when I begged my parents to get Super Mario Bros. 3 after seeing that movie it was like $79.99 at Kmart. Then adjust for inflation...

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Q_res posted:

I swear when I begged my parents to get Super Mario Bros. 3 after seeing that movie it was like $79.99 at Kmart. Then adjust for inflation...

at least you didn't wrote a book about how Mario 3 in the wizard was on par with the JFK assassination on how big of a life changing event it was.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
If they are $200 dollars I'll buy 2 and flip one and post here about it to get goons panties in a bunch.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah the amount of additional chips in a cart could affect the price. Big rpgs had battery saves, extra ram, etc

Sometimes it didn't even need to have that, Capcom charged a premium for Street Fighter 2 just because if how popular it was.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

katkillad2 posted:

If they are $200 dollars I'll buy 2 and flip one and post here about it to get goons panties in a bunch.

*to self* holy poo poo what a badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

katkillad2 posted:

I'll lock this thread before I'll let that happen!!

• Locked thread