Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meat_Grinder
Nov 29, 2015
What if caps and above had upkeep costs? Big ships require lots of maintenance, or they deteriorate, literally take daily armor and hull damage after a certain time of no maintenance. This would stop once the ship is at 100 armor and 100 hull. Sorry, I don't know how much of an ISK sink that would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

All these are ideas are loving awful.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

cheesetriangles posted:

all ideas other than mine, you mean.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

all ideas other than mine, you mean.

your ideas are stupid too, and exceptionally so

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

your ideas are stupid too, and exceptionally so

i guess trying to encourage people to try and play the game by fixing it is stupid, so i guess i concede to your point.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

If you want to balance supercaps, you have to actually balance the loving supercaps. Dicking around with ideas about them being subject to upkeep costs or escalating build requirements whilst leaving the fundamentals of the ship as they are is dumb and will just get worked around by anyone smarter than CCP Fozzie (aka everyone).

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Wow I knew you were a hacker with your AHK script

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

working mom posted:

Wow I knew you were a hacker with your AHK script

http://pastebin.com/zntPXAY0

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

you are all wrong and only my opinions on Eve Online: Noted Space-themed Spreadsheet are correct

furthermore,

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

d2w

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Meat_Grinder posted:

What if caps and above had upkeep costs? Big ships require lots of maintenance, or they deteriorate, literally take daily armor and hull damage after a certain time of no maintenance. This would stop once the ship is at 100 armor and 100 hull. Sorry, I don't know how much of an ISK sink that would be.

CCP wanted to implement something like this, they were talking about our ships now slowly getting dirty and we having to pay money for a new paintjob at stations.

No idea if they ever went through with that. :shrug:

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

i'm the discord memes folder

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

cheesetriangles posted:

It's almost like 'comedy suggestions' are meant to suggest absurdly bad ideas or something.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

SperginMcBadposter posted:

i'm the discord memes folder

in the trash where you belong

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
If I would change anything about EVE I think I would add more music and also have some more ship camera angles. Plus a first person view and actual control of the mining. That'd be neat!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

VideoGames posted:

If I would change anything about EVE I think I would add more music and also have some more ship camera angles. Plus a first person view and actual control of the mining. That'd be neat!

you can offset the center of your camera in the options, there is a first person mode, and CCP removed the jukebox which allowed you to play any music you wanted whenever you wanted like 6 years ago. you can also already unlock the camera

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

Additionally, there's a new option to switch on direct control via keyboard in the options. If you map those keys to a joystick and use first person view, EVE will feel almost like a real space sim!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

[21:46:31] Commissar Kittycat > sell me loot!!!!<br>best prices in delve!!!<br>check my bio and my thread<br>https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/201226-pokanos-original-loot-buyback-service-95-jita-buy-in-many-places-i-pay-the-most/

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Not knowing AHK code all that well, I can't tell what that does

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Oh it cycles F1

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

VideoGames posted:

Obligatory Stahlregan propaganda video link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDr182CXeL0

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Obligatory Stahlregan propaganda video link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDr182CXeL0

The video that made me start playing EVE :swoon:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Thanks globby for showing us just how dumb at game balance people that are good at eve can be.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Reverand maynard posted:

Thanks globby for showing us just how dumb at game balance people that are good at eve can be.

at least i'm not too dumb to be probated :^)

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

at least i'm not too dumb to be probated :^)

I'm not too dumb to uninstall and reinstall eve every loving week then cry about it

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Meat_Grinder posted:

Upkeep costs favor the haves over the have nots because the haves own r64. And before someone goes durr remove the last objective worth fighting over, realize there will always be ways to leverage supercap superiority for financial gain.

We had fuel as an upkeep cost and it was really loving expensive to move a cap fleet around but the big boys didn't care and gave their members free fuel. The have nots couldn't afford to spend 100m every single fleet on fuel.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
no no let's balance things based on cost

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Fix Lag posted:

no no let's balance things based on cost

Here let me just ISK tank this super.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Reverand maynard posted:

I'm not too dumb to uninstall and reinstall eve every loving week then cry about it

i've never reinstalled eve

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Viva Miriya posted:

The video that made me start playing EVE :swoon:

Ah! We finally know who to blame! :argh:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

VideoGames posted:

You can experience the old, Brian Eno / Vangelis -esque music of EVE if you go into your options and just check the "Disable dynamic music and play original music" option. I do this sometimes when I want to be nostalgic.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

dialhforhero posted:

You can experience the old, Brian Eno / Vangelis -esque music of EVE if you go into your options and just check the "Disable dynamic music and play original music" option. I do this sometimes when I want to be nostalgic.

EvE has music?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=3681&b=7375452&e=132&t=b

wow brave hazing PL

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Now I know how the suicide fleet turned out.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Brave is still alive?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Keegers posted:

Brave is still alive?

They live in the other half of Fade next to HORDE: the newbie alliance that has to roam multiple regions for content.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

[04:26:47] Kathy Iron > y u no fite PL?

heh it begins

i fly airplanes
Sep 6, 2010

I STOLE A PIE FROM ESTELLE GETTY
There's a Chinese corporation in Goonswarm??? Are we using them for Chinese gold farming?? Suddenly those CCP economic report charts make sense..

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i fly airplanes posted:

There's a Chinese corporation in Goonswarm??? Are we using them for Chinese gold farming?? Suddenly those CCP economic report charts make sense..

holy poo poo rofl!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

i fly airplanes posted:

#noracial

• Locked thread