Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Horseshoe theory posted:

The guy chilling on the ground is the best.

im the guy with one free hand clearly tired of guy on the grounds poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mustached Demon posted:

How'd he get his hands out?

He made them out to be larger than they were from sheer will

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Mustached Demon posted:

i dunno if stocks actually worked like this but from the picture the person with the largest hands sets the spacing between board 1 and board 2, allowing people with smaller hands than him to slip out

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Ah like birds feeding their young.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Mustached Demon posted:

Belgian engineering.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

drat. my hands are yuuuuge.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

The stone floor is probably really cold though, I bet the guy lying down isn't happy at all.

Also does the man on the left only have one leg, or only one leg in the stocks? If he's supporting himself by the one leg the whole time that's the worst.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

namesake posted:

The stone floor is probably really cold though, I bet the guy lying down isn't happy at all.

from the look of it he's been drinking, so i doubt he notices

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my boss's favourite trick is suddenly demanding an explanation of routine office tasks (like sending emails and filling in archival spreadsheets) and making me slowly go through them while explaining every step in excruciating detail as he watches over my shoulder, which has no appreciable benefit to anyone and slows down my workflow considerably. i don't know why he does this but i'm just going to assume it's a sex thing

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Avshalom posted:

my boss's favourite trick is suddenly demanding an explanation of routine office tasks (like sending emails and filling in archival spreadsheets) and making me slowly go through them while explaining every step in excruciating detail as he watches over my shoulder, which has no appreciable benefit to anyone and slows down my workflow considerably. i don't know why he does this but i'm just going to assume it's a sex thing

I think that quitting was maybe a good decision on your part. e: I didn't dream that right? You'll be leaving that awful place soon?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
he also likes to refer to me in third person as if he's talking to someone else about me, when he's talking to me about myself

Octatonic posted:

I think that quitting was maybe a good decision on your part. e: I didn't dream that right? You'll be leaving that awful place soon?
haha yes, but the temp agency still hasn't got back to me to confirm they got my resignation so i have no idea how long this is going to drag on

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i have renowned jewish wedding song chosn kale mazel tov stuck in my head, hopefully this means a happy marriage awaits me once i'm free of the shackles of this WRETCHED PIT

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Avshalom posted:

haha yes, but the temp agency still hasn't got back to me to confirm they got my resignation so i have no idea how long this is going to drag on

Does Australia still require you to hand in a notice and give time and all that other BS? Here its just courtesy. I could walk in, quit, tell the boss I hosed his wife and they still have to give me a good reference based on my work record.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i have no idea what my legal obligations are in this case. temping is supposed to mean i'm just a normal casual worker, which technically means that i don't have to give notice, but i also have zero casual worker rights atm and didn't even sign a contract so i need to cover my bases in case they turn around and try to sue me for not giving them eight weeks' notice in triplicate and hiring my own replacement

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

tfw you knew the last drink was a mistake

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Furnaceface posted:

Sex (and drink).

Nice try

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Its all we do in Canada during the winter. :shrug:

e: We also fight bears I guess.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
last friday my boss went into a very long and very uncomfortable ramble to one of the engineering managers in which he called me a sticky date pudding with lots of ice cream

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Avshalom posted:

last friday my boss went into a very long and very uncomfortable ramble to one of the engineering managers in which he called me a sticky date pudding with lots of ice cream

congrats, sounds delicious

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i wish i could give more context on that but there's not any context to give, he just started talking and that was what came out, i'm like a sticky date pudding with lots of ice cream and my flavours go well together. the engineering manager was making dismayed eye contact with me behind my boss's back, it was very awkward

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Furnaceface posted:

Its all we do in Canada during the winter. :shrug:

e: We also fight bears I guess.

Learn to curl.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
he's always trying to flirt with other female coworkers but his idea of flirting seems to be asking people how old they are repeatedly

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mustached Demon posted:

Learn to curl.

See my original post that he quoted. :colbert:

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
also apparently comparing them to food items. And now I want dried dates, this is your boss's fault

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
i'm like... like... the next food item kalstrams posts itt

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my mother says that i am snow white, a comparison that's been made before but is even more suitable now that i'm in a coal mine, i'm surrounded by socially catastrophic midgets, hitler loves me, and i'm constantly singing birds out of the wilderness whereupon they promptly die

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rodatose posted:

you have activated my trap card

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Rodatose posted:

have some pride in yourself, man

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

My cousin is absolutely fascinated with the fact that milk comes in bags here.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
:ohdear: rodatose

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Furnaceface posted:

My cousin is absolutely fascinated with the fact that milk comes in bags here.

sounds soggy

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
the same engineering manager refers to my boss as "creeping jesus" because he spends hours per day just wandering aimlessly around the halls, staring into people's offices, his mobile phone sitting forgotten and useless on his desk as various personnel desperately try to get in contact with him

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
leaving a note with me doesn't achieve anything because as far as he's concerned i am a photocopier making photocopier noises and he completely ignores everything that comes out of my mouth unless it's in response to a question he's just asked, and even then usually he forgets my answer within 5 minutes

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
he is a difficult person to work with

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Avshalom posted:

the same engineering manager refers to my boss as "creeping jesus" because he spends hours per day just wandering aimlessly around the halls, staring into people's offices, his mobile phone sitting forgotten and useless on his desk as various personnel desperately try to get in contact with him

So one manager is too involved and the other is too little involved?

Sounds like a horrible work environment. Take your engineering skills somewhere that isnt full of lunatics (so anywhere but mining).

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i only even got this job because he specified that he wanted "a girl" to the temp agency and i happened to be the only female applicant

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Furnaceface posted:

So one manager is too involved and the other is too little involved?

Sounds like a horrible work environment. Take your engineering skills somewhere that isnt full of lunatics (so anywhere but mining).
i don't have engineering skills, i'm an admin temp. hence why i stay in awful jobs at all, my prospects aren't great

also the two managers are the same guy - he ignores me for hours at a time and then insists on a blow-by-blow account of basic daily admin functions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
or stops me in the middle of closing out work orders to make me count all the orders that i still have to get through for no apparent reason other than he wants to make me say numbers out loud

• Locked thread