Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what will happen in the winter transfer window
joey barton will do a thing
big sam will do a thing
arsenal fans will meltdown
manchester united fans will meltdown
both sets of fans will melt down
gay for pay 3rd party ownership
Tons of Liverpool fanfiction
View Results

• Locked thread
Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
West Ham have had a £3m bid for Snodgrass turned down by Hull :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Bacon Terrorist posted:

West Ham have had a £3m bid for Snodgrass turned down by Hull :allears:

Thats less than Norwich paid when buying him off Leeds. Cheap cunts.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
What's the appropriate value of a guy out of contract in 6 months? Genuinely curious. Snodgrass' performances this season seem to merit more money, but I'm not ITK

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

He's got to be worth more because Hull are getting relegated for sure without him. I think they used an extension in his contract as well.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

TheBigAristotle posted:

What's the appropriate value of a guy out of contract in 6 months? Genuinely curious. Snodgrass' performances this season seem to merit more money, but I'm not ITK

Milan paid 8 mil for Luiz Adriano when he had 6 months left at Shakhtar. They're worth as much as a team will pay.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
gently caress off with the permacrocked players please.

https://twitter.com/sportingindex/status/817407957033951233

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Meat Wagon posted:

Local paper is saying that Bojan could leave this window. Will do a cry if he does.

time for him to come home to borolona

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

TheBigAristotle posted:

He's out of contract in 18 months because Hull had an option to extend it for year which they used. They did it with a bunch of their players.

edit: "Hull, bottom of the Premier League have announced they have triggered one-year options on the contracts of Snodgrass, Michael Dawson, Andrew Robertson, Jake Livermore, Harry Maguire and Abel Hernández."

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Villa are allegedly trying to get Delph on loan. Would be pretty funny.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

time for him to come home to borolona

How do you think he'd do at the boro I worry we're a bit negative

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Bape Culture posted:

How do you think he'd do at the boro I worry we're a bit negative

i think he would let us go back to 4231, he would be able to get close to negredo and they could play off eachother and then ramirez on the left I think we could do with his creativity for sure, not sure if we'll ever solve the adama traore vs stuani situation like.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
boro should do something stupid and sign marquez. he played in spain and apparently hasn't retired

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Jose posted:

boro should do something stupid and sign marquez. he played in spain and apparently hasn't retired

this is probably the most likely

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Mickolution posted:

Ok Big Ron, I think he could still score some goals there...

Sure he could, but the question is, with the cheques already signed, can he be hosed? Because the answer for the last 5+ years has been no, not really.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Ravel Morrison is training with Wigan, but they haven't decided whether to make an offer for him yet. I'm sure Lazio will just let him go for free to whomever wants him.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

My dumb MLS teams signed Georginio Wijnadum's brother

I'm gonna guess Georginio got all the talent in that family

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Ok so Kalanic is definitely sorta maybe kinda going to China for 45m and gonna make 12m a season.

I never wanted anything to be more true.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Cohen Bramall - Arsenal's unlikely new recruit - is attempting to sum up a whirlwind few weeks.

One minute the 20-year-old is working at a car plant while playing part-time for Hednesford Town in the Northern Premier League, the next he's training at a Premier League club.

"I was working in Crewe for Bentley Motors," he tells BBC Sport.

"I was on the production line, filling up cars with gasses, brake fluid, washer fluid and all that. Day in day out, Monday to Friday, 6.30am until 5.15pm.

"I enjoyed it but when you're doing those shifts, then training on Tuesday and Thursday, going from Crewe to Birmingham, and playing on Saturday it's pretty tiring."

But his busy schedule hit a setback just days before Christmas.

"I got made redundant by Bentley on the Tuesday [20 December], which was crazy because I didn't know what I was going to do," he explains.

"I needed a full-time wage coming in, not a part-time wage from Hednesford, so I started thinking of getting a new job."

The following day, however, his world was turned upside down.

"My agent rings me on the Wednesday saying you've got a trial at Arsenal," Bramall recalls. "I was like 'what?' - I was gobsmacked.

"He said pack your stuff and get to this postcode, so I packed all my stuff in about an hour, got there as fast as I could, slept for a bit, then the next minute I'm in training with the first team.

"It was crazy how quick everything happened, how I met everyone and they just took me straight in. I had to take the opportunity with both hands."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38536635

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Interesting that he would have had an agent.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

JFairfax posted:

Cohen Bramall - Arsenal's unlikely new recruit - is attempting to sum up a whirlwind few weeks.

One minute the 20-year-old is working at a car plant while playing part-time for Hednesford Town in the Northern Premier League, the next he's training at a Premier League club.

"I was working in Crewe for Bentley Motors," he tells BBC Sport.

"I was on the production line, filling up cars with gasses, brake fluid, washer fluid and all that. Day in day out, Monday to Friday, 6.30am until 5.15pm.

"I enjoyed it but when you're doing those shifts, then training on Tuesday and Thursday, going from Crewe to Birmingham, and playing on Saturday it's pretty tiring."

But his busy schedule hit a setback just days before Christmas.

"I got made redundant by Bentley on the Tuesday [20 December], which was crazy because I didn't know what I was going to do," he explains.

"I needed a full-time wage coming in, not a part-time wage from Hednesford, so I started thinking of getting a new job."

The following day, however, his world was turned upside down.

"My agent rings me on the Wednesday saying you've got a trial at Arsenal," Bramall recalls. "I was like 'what?' - I was gobsmacked.

"He said pack your stuff and get to this postcode, so I packed all my stuff in about an hour, got there as fast as I could, slept for a bit, then the next minute I'm in training with the first team.

"It was crazy how quick everything happened, how I met everyone and they just took me straight in. I had to take the opportunity with both hands."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38536635

heartwarming stuff op

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

jyrka posted:

Interesting that he would have had an agent.

Lots of footballers have agents

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

julian assflange posted:

Do you have a source for this?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

julian assflange posted:

In the 7th tier in England, do they? I genuinely don't know. I would have guessed they wouldn't have considering they aren't even full time footballers.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

jyrka posted:

In the 7th tier in England, do they? I genuinely don't know. I would have guessed they wouldn't have considering they aren't even full time footballers.

I think that young footballers trying to play professionally all have agents.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

RideTheSpiral posted:

I think that young footballers trying to play professionally all have agents.

That's right. It's one of the few ways of getting trials with this type of club. You are paying for the agents connections and a lot of agents start on the small end of things in the hope of unearthing the next big thing.

A former colleague of mine here in Ireland was a football agent part time and had a stable (or whatever) of 40 players that were spread across the Irish top division, Norway second tier and Germany second and third tiers.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

RideTheSpiral posted:

heartfelming stuff op

Agreed op

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I've just driven behind a Ferrari f12 with the numberplate Mario B around Highbury so balotelli to arsenal is a trp exclusive

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Sky will probably run with it

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Lewas agent confirmed that some Chinese club offered Bayern €250m for him lol

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
That's over 6 Andy Carrolls

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Torino's president said today that they turned down an offer from Arsenal for Belotti. The rumored offer was €65m, he just signed a new deal with a €100m clause.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Like Wenger would ever spend €65m on a player.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

trem_two posted:

Torino's president said today that they turned down an offer from Arsenal for Belotti. The rumored offer was €65m, he just signed a new deal with a €100m clause.

Balotelli belotti close enough. ITK status: confirmed

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

trem_two posted:

Yeah this is suddenly everywhere. It'd be very surprising unless Alexis was going to leave soon. It feels a bit like Torino's president could just be trying to talk up Belotti's value.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

blue footed boobie posted:

Yeah this is suddenly everywhere. It'd be very surprising unless Alexis was going to leave soon. It feels a bit like Torino's president could just be trying to talk up Belotti's value.

An Italian trying to talk something up? Don't be ridiculous.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
This tweet

https://twitter.com/_V_Gibson_/status/818157721568636934

means that Boro have signed Bojan Krkić.

Apparently.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Pissflaps posted:

This tweet

Apparently.

bojan also liked something on negredo's instagram, it's a done deal

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Boro are making all the right moves to make the 2007 Champions League.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Pissflaps posted:

This tweet

Apparently.

how are you feeling about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Pissflaps posted:

This tweet

Apparently.

That's a loving weird transfer. Why are Stoke selling him?

• Locked thread