Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Zenyatta is the nicest person in the entire cast with the maybe exception of Lucio, and Zenyatta is 100% robot. So your theory here is critically flawed already.

And Genji is Zenyatta's student and is doing his best to be as good and forgiving a person as his teacher.

Also Bastion isn't evil. Bastion Units, as a whole, were defense turrets that got hacked by actually-evil super AIs bent on world domination. The specific Bastion Unit that you can play as in the game was one who woke up 10 years after the war, all hacking forgotten/gone from his systems. Did you miss the bit at the end where he overrode the attack code to go back to nature? Bastion wants peace, he's just stuck in a body built for war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/813856239436398592

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

gnome7 posted:

Zenyatta is the nicest person in the entire cast with the maybe exception of Lucio, and Zenyatta is 100% robot. So your theory here is critically flawed already.

And Genji is Zenyatta's student and is doing his best to be as good and forgiving a person as his teacher.

Also Bastion isn't evil. Bastion Units, as a whole, were defense turrets that got hacked by actually-evil super AIs bent on world domination. The specific Bastion Unit that you can play as in the game was one who woke up 10 years after the war, all hacking forgotten/gone from his systems. Did you miss the bit at the end where he overrode the attack code to go back to nature? Bastion wants peace, he's just stuck in a body built for war.

It happened twice! first he annihilated a bunch of trees and potentially a woodpecker. and he forgot that too for about 30 seconds until the next thing triggered him. the only thing it proves is bastion is masquerading as a good robot. he has a core of evil and violence and cannot be trusted

I've not played zenyatta yet so I can't comment. I will research this.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Bastion is a mad dog and must be put down before it kills anyone.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I'm not racist, some of my best friends, like Zenyatta, are omnics.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Mymla posted:

I'm not racist, some of my best friends, like Zenyatta, are omnics.

Bastion isn't an omnic you techist!

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Up Circle posted:

It happened twice! first he annihilated a bunch of trees and potentially a woodpecker.

He also killed Bambi's mom that day....

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
The worst map is easily Eichenwalde and I think anyone who says otherwise is loving crazy.

TONS of different paths that lead nowhere and there's only one path onto the first point. Offense destroys two gates and then for no reason, rebuilds the loving gate, but it's still after their spawn. It makes no sense and just makes me irrationally furious.

Plus it's associated with Reinhardt, who is the most loathsome thing in the game.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Veryslightlymad posted:

Plus it's associated with Reinhardt, who is the most loathsome thing in the game.

let's not say things we can't take back

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Veryslightlymad posted:

Come on now mods, surely THIS is worth a ban??

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Come on now mods, surely THIS is worth a ban??

A ban-HAMMER DOWN?

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

This game would be better without the giant 2000 HP shield as a necessity

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

if would be better if he didn't feel so required, yeah

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Teamfights would be so much more interesting from a shooter standpoint but it makes people strategize a lot better and stops a lot of things from being complete deathtrap teamwipes (like Graviton into Self Destruct).

It would just be nice if there was, y'know, another character who could protect their team as well as Reinhardt can.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
His shield's fine. Everything else about him is awful and buggy as hell and he's never in the patch notes.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the only problem with reinhardt is ana

dive comps were a thing that existed before the tank meta killed them. people mad about reinhardt totally missed the point

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Manatee Cannon posted:

the only problem with reinhardt is ana

dive comps were a thing that existed before the tank meta killed them. people mad about reinhardt totally missed the point

In fact, prior to Ana and the tank meta you saw more dive comps than people shielding up behind Reins in general. He was definitely still picked to be sure, but he was far from a must-have.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Up Circle posted:

as for genji its because cyborgs arent human anymore. he cant live without his cyborg body. he might have some fleshy bits in there but his brain needs the robot parts to continue functioning, instead of his body needing his brain to function.

this is the fundamental differencce here. d.va and reinhardt and torbjorn and others who use robot poo poo use them as a man might use a tool. torbjorn literally builds them and has ultimate control over the life and death of his turrets

dva quite literally mounts her robot and rides it around like a steed, and then when she's tired of it she can simply discard the automaton like it was a tissue, expressing in a beautifully simple way the natural boundaries of man and machine

reinhardt does not need his robot suit to survive, he's not grafted onto it like genji is

is he?
obviously you're messing around but I'm glad it's taken you to the point of "if someone must use machines to keep themselves alive, they are evil"

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
currently running around in a hospital executing people on life support out of a moral imperative. I'm looking to murder all humans with heart implants as well if anyone wants to join

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Why would you complain about Reinhardt when classes like Widowmaker and Hanjo exist?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I played a bunch of the brawls for the first time. The all McCree one is really fun. The Genji/Hanzo one is not

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

IronicDongz posted:

currently running around in a hospital executing people on life support out of a moral imperative. I'm looking to murder all humans with heart implants as well if anyone wants to join

i would rather be a man living free and of his own unstoppable will than be a slave to my duracell powered robotic heart

edit : or dead

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Thor-Stryker posted:

Why would you complain about Reinhardt when classes like Widowmaker and Hanjo exist?

Because they are good fps skillsets (barring hanzos tree trunk arrows).

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Every loving game i play has a loving widowmaker in it. It's the antithesis of fun.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

flashman posted:

Because they are good fps skillsets (barring hanzos tree trunk arrows).

"Good FPS skillsets" can literally be anything. That doesn't mean a lovely skillset should belong in every team shooter since the first Team Fortress.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Up Circle posted:

i would rather be a man living free and of his own unstoppable will than be a slave to my duracell powered robotic heart

edit : or dead

Why not both?

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Thor-Stryker posted:

"Good FPS skillsets" can literally be anything. That doesn't mean a lovely skillset should belong in every team shooter since the first Team Fortress.

Good fps kits are mobile and rewarding to good accuracy. Overwatch has lots of good kits even some of the tanks but rein plodding around and having to just spam down a shield (likely while their team does the same) at a choke point is dumb

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

I love playing Zen because he's just as bullshit as Hanzo but because I'm ostensibly a healer you literally aren't allowed to get mad at my no-skill ball spam

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Theta Zero posted:

So who here has actually played the new Roadhog in PTR?

I know this was two pages ago and it was cool to post because Jeff was smug on the forums, but I have and Jeff is full of poo poo. Out of everyone I usually play with on my discord server, only myself and one other guy could actually get into a game without PTR dropping them. Not surprised people don't bother with it.

PersonalGenius
Mar 1, 2013

Barefoot on the Moon

Veryslightlymad posted:

The worst map is easily Eichenwalde and I think anyone who says otherwise is loving crazy.

Eichenwalde is hands-down my favorite map.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

PersonalGenius posted:

Eichenwalde is hands-down my favorite map.

Why tho

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I mean I could see liking it thematically but mechanically its trash

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
if your favorite gamemode isn't koth I can't relate to you as a human being

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
koth is the best game mode in quick play

but it's also the worst game mode in comp

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I think bo3 would be good enough for competitive. Playing the same maps over sucks (2cp is even more egregious for this)

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

flashman posted:

I think bo3 would be good enough for competitive. Playing the same maps over sucks (2cp is even more egregious for this)

yeah, i'd like bo3

as it is if you get past 3 rounds it can be a coin flip because my teams seem to instantly tilt if we get a point we lost on before

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
why is it whenever 2CP is brought up no one says Volskaya is the worst map?

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Kashuno posted:

why is it whenever 2CP is brought up no one says Volskaya is the worst map?

Because Anubis and Hanamura exist.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
idk about anubis but Hanamura is definitely worse than Volskaya, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

flashman posted:

I mean I could see liking it thematically but mechanically its trash

I appreciate that they made a map that would fit right into Dark Souls. Not just in style, but with the same sort of layout Dark Souls maps tend to have.

And then they somehow made it only slightly terrible to play Overwatch at it.