Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

TheQuietWilds posted:

Don't overestimate how much it matters in the short term though. Recent events have shown just how short the American voter's attention span is, and there's very few competitive R-held seats up for election in 2 years. 4 years is a looooooong time away.

The entire house is up in two years. It won't matter, though, because no one votes at mid terms and the house is gerrmandered to gently caress.

There are 8 republican senate seats up for grabs in places like Texas, Tennessee, Mississippi, etc. The odds of the government flipping even if they turn on trump and impeach him is nearly zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Casimir Radon posted:

Rafsanjani died. At least Obama is still president so the official statement will be mature and diplomatic. Of course Trumpster Fire probably write something asinine.

on twitter too

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don't think they give a gently caress if Trump goes "rogue" because they have the ability to impeach him and get good ol' rubber stamp Pence in charge.

I have no doubt that Trump already has committed impeachable acts and it's just a matter of proper subpoenas to reveal it. He will only be in office as long as it's convenient for Republicans.
I'm actually of a different opinion on this one. I think they're absolutely horrified by the Frankenstein's Monster they've created with the Great Orange God and how truly, thoroughly hosed they are.

Naturally "our team"-ism means they don't want to impeach until there's something bad enough that it's more of a threat to themselves to ignore it than it is to let Trump keep on Trumping. What the gently caress he can actually do at this point to finally cross that line I have absolutely no loving clue in hell, but Trump gonna Trump so someday he'll get there. Narcissistic lust for constantly increasing amounts of praise won't let him do anything else, it's just gonna be a real loving wild ride getting to that point because of all the terrible poo poo that happens on the way there that doesn't reach that threshold or as you said on the way to discovering what he's already done. (It's the second one probably)

See my opinion is that he's whipped up the dense core of deplorables at the rotting heart of the GOP into his frothing mad cult of personality that will never forsake him as long as he keeps doing and saying his crazy, destabilizing poo poo and every other Republican knows it. If we've finally reached the mythic point of terrible where impeachment is on the table in an honest to god way some Republicans are going to have to vote to do it. They hold the majority, Democrats cannot vote to impeach on their own. In fact if we've finally somehow, miraculously reached the point where Angry Mango gets impeached and Democrats are smart (:lol:) they'll just stand aside and force EVERY Republican to go on record and vote to oust him.

At that point I think it's blood-in-the-streets GOP civil war as the dense core of deplorables just goes totally batshit bonkers ballistic, declaring everyone who wasn't able to get into a bunker and avoid voting on the poo poo storm enemies of the "true" party. The voting base would fracture and the number of offices lost to split votes would be apocalyptic.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Hell the biggest worry for the GOP is another internal primarying because they didn't deliver on a day 1 Obamacare repeal, a wall and mass deportations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

bird food bathtub posted:

I'm actually of a different opinion on this one. I think they're absolutely horrified by the Frankenstein's Monster they've created with the Great Orange God and how truly, thoroughly hosed they are.

Naturally "our team"-ism means they don't want to impeach until there's something bad enough that it's more of a threat to themselves to ignore it than it is to let Trump keep on Trumping. What the gently caress he can actually do at this point to finally cross that line I have absolutely no loving clue in hell, but Trump gonna Trump so someday he'll get there. Narcissistic lust for constantly increasing amounts of praise won't let him do anything else, it's just gonna be a real loving wild ride getting to that point because of all the terrible poo poo that happens on the way there that doesn't reach that threshold or as you said on the way to discovering what he's already done. (It's the second one probably)

See my opinion is that he's whipped up the dense core of deplorables at the rotting heart of the GOP into his frothing mad cult of personality that will never forsake him as long as he keeps doing and saying his crazy, destabilizing poo poo and every other Republican knows it. If we've finally reached the mythic point of terrible where impeachment is on the table in an honest to god way some Republicans are going to have to vote to do it. They hold the majority, Democrats cannot vote to impeach on their own. In fact if we've finally somehow, miraculously reached the point where Angry Mango gets impeached and Democrats are smart (:lol:) they'll just stand aside and force EVERY Republican to go on record and vote to oust him.

At that point I think it's blood-in-the-streets GOP civil war as the dense core of deplorables just goes totally batshit bonkers ballistic, declaring everyone who wasn't able to get into a bunker and avoid voting on the poo poo storm enemies of the "true" party. The voting base would fracture and the number of offices lost to split votes would be apocalyptic.

The problem with this line of thinking is it didn't show true in the election. Trump's voters voted almost entirely straight ticket R. Republicans that were "at risk" because they pissed off the deplorables got elected just fine. I think Trump won more because he was a republican that wasn't Hillary more than anything else.

The republican base is going to vote R regardless because that's what they're told to do.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Just a reminder that this is what Dems thought would happen when Trump won the primary. It Did Not.

The majority of R voters can be counted on to march in lockstep, no matter how terrible the party is.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
What i'm starting to suspect is that all this awful poo poo would have done solid credibility damage to the GOP in the eyes of their voter base, but that Trump illogically shrugs off that alpha strike so it spills over to everyone and dilutes itself to uselessness.

You need that alpha damage, trump is an MMO boss and your DPS just isn't effective.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Mr. Nice! posted:

The problem with this line of thinking is it didn't show true in the election. Trump's voters voted almost entirely straight ticket R. Republicans that were "at risk" because they pissed off the deplorables got elected just fine. I think Trump won more because he was a republican that wasn't Hillary more than anything else.

The republican base is going to vote R regardless because that's what they're told to do.

Absolutely, that base is never going to vote for whichever Great Satan has a D next to their name. The question is, which R are they going to vote for? The one that has been declared an enemy of the one, true religion political party, or the one who crops up in the aftermath of a Trump impeachment? If we've finally gotten to where poo poo is bad enough that we can impeach Trump, and the dems step aside to let all the poo poo roll down hill onto the republicans by forcing them to clean up their own mess, every sitting member of the party that votes to kick Trump would be a political dead man walking. No republican primary challenger would ever give up on that line of attack, and it'd be lethally effective. The dense core of deplorables would be baying for their blood and every ticket across the nation ends up being split between incumbents and primary challengers.

A competent Democratic party (we're hosed) could use that chaos to clean house.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The centrist republicans jump ship to Dems, the dems become much more moderate, and the republicans go full bore crazy

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Absolutely, that base is never going to vote for whichever Great Satan has a D next to their name. The question is, which R are they going to vote for? The one that has been declared an enemy of the one, true religion political party, or the one who crops up in the aftermath of a Trump impeachment? If we've finally gotten to where poo poo is bad enough that we can impeach Trump, and the dems step aside to let all the poo poo roll down hill onto the republicans by forcing them to clean up their own mess, every sitting member of the party that votes to kick Trump would be a political dead man walking. No republican primary challenger would ever give up on that line of attack, and it'd be lethally effective. The dense core of deplorables would be baying for their blood and every ticket across the nation ends up being split between incumbents and primary challengers.

A competent Democratic party (we're hosed) could use that chaos to clean house.

Nah no one is going to give a gently caress when Trump gets impeached.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Reverand maynard posted:

The centrist republicans jump ship to Dems, the dems become much more moderate, and the republicans go full bore crazy

Ideally, but don't forget we live in the worst timeline

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Moderate Republicans or people capable of looking beyond the letter beside the name jumped ship already.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/KeeganNYC/status/817411690274897920

slavery is coming back, baby

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Slavery has always been allowed for inmates, last I checked.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

mlmp08 posted:

Slavery has always been allowed for inmates, last I checked.

yeah that's nothing new

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
True but basically forced labour camps might put a different image in peoples heads than what they use inmates for now. Isn't it mainly factory work (ie. injection mold chairs and plates etc.) right now?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Hot Karl Marx posted:

True but basically forced labour camps might put a different image in peoples heads than what they use inmates for now. Isn't it mainly factory work (ie. injection mold chairs and plates etc.) right now?

People, particularly in border states, would loving cheer at the sight of inmates being worked to death building a wall.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Proud Christian Mom posted:

People, particularly in border states, would loving cheer at the sight of inmates being worked to death building a wall.

Sadly yes. This would be seen a positive thing for many.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
you are all morons it is called Project N.I.C.E. and you obviously don't like nice things

(I am not kidding, it is called Project N.I.C.E.)

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Hot Karl Marx posted:

You might want to look into how prisons are run in the deep South. They have prisoners (many of whom are black) picking cotton on no-poo poo plantations.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Whoa bro sounds like you don't know poo poo about the good ol'USA. Look up the Angola Prison Rodeo if you want to learn more about modern day coliseum activities.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

You might want to look into how prisons are run in the deep South. They have prisoners (many of whom are black) picking cotton on no-poo poo plantations.

And that is considered a good gig by most inmates i have talked to in Texas.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I don't think this is really a current event, but it's so stupid that I have to link it. The below is not a photoshop and I'm not direct-linking the tweet because it's very obvious he will delete it at some point. I don't believe he's joking either.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I'll direct link it for posterity. It will be gone soon though I'm sure. He was getting trolled and took the bait I guess.

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/818167322762428417

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Is the logic being a Russia that isn't a disaster is good for the US because....?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

I hate to be a Ukrainian right now. Or anywhere in the Baltics really (but that's always been true)

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

holocaust bloopers posted:

Is the logic being a Russia that isn't a disaster is good for the US because....?

Pretty strong word there, not so sure I'd be willing to go that far.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Trump's already shown in the Ohio RNC chair contest that he's down with petty targeted political assassinations of random GOP members who he sees as going against his decrees. Paul Ryan wouldn't stand a chance if Trump decided to turn the hate cannon on him, although I'd love to see Donnie try to go toe to toe with McConnell.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Trump's already shown in the Ohio RNC chair contest that he's down with petty targeted political assassinations of random GOP members who he sees as going against his decrees. Paul Ryan wouldn't stand a chance if Trump decided to turn the hate cannon on him, although I'd love to see Donnie try to go toe to toe with McConnell.

gently caress mcconnell i want to see trumpy go toe to toe with diamond joe

if only celebrity deathmatch was still around

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Two Finger posted:

if only celebrity deathmatch was still around

what are you talking about he and don king are besties now

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Well, Hannity at least noticed his mistake and is now backpedaling and mea culpaing somethin' fierce.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Well, Hannity at least noticed his mistake and is now backpedaling and mea culpaing somethin' fierce.

4 years of this.

years.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Proud Christian Mom posted:

4 years of this.

years.

8*

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I would like to say I don't think Trump has a chance of getting re-elected but I said the same thing about him winning the first time.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
All it takes is one major travesty and the republicans bundling it, which is likely enough, or dems some how remembering 4 years ago which isn't as likely but still possible.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

TBeats posted:

I would like to say I don't think Trump has a chance of getting re-elected but I said the same thing about him winning the first time.

I very much expect the Democrats to repeat their mistake off assuming they'll win because of course Donald loving Trump won't win.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Godholio posted:

I very much expect the Democrats to repeat their mistake off assuming they'll win because of course Donald loving Trump won't win.
The silver lining is that the stress will probably kill him before that happens.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

The silver lining is that the stress will probably kill him before that happens.

Nah he will become like the emperor in WH40k and he will lead us to neverending war against the Orks, Eldar, Tau and Chaos.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

:lol:

That's what happens you drink the kool-aid and give up a safe elected job. Dude's gonna get voted out next election so hard if he goes through with this.

Bristol County isn't Suffolk county by a long shot, but it's still pretty blue, and there are a gently caress ton of hispanic, Brazilian, and Portuguese immigrants living there (Fall River and New Bedford), so that'll go over well for him. Though the cynic in me says he's doing this so he gets offered some kind of sweet grifting job for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Remember Martin Shkreli? The Pharma it that got indicted for price jumps on Pharmaceuticals? He got suspended from Twitter for harassing a Teen Vogue writer, by first inviting her to be his +1 to Trump's inauguration, then photoshooting himself over her husband's face and making creepy '+1 Forever' collages.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/martin-shkreli-suspended-from-twitter?bftw&utm_term=.gu3BgPWOzz#.bhlQKPlWNN

• Locked thread