Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Hey everyone! Did you know Phidget wants his mom back? Let me remind you by having him mention it all the time!

edit: dead mom for new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

This story makes me want to chisle teeth out with an ice skate.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Welcome to another one of Major/Minor's stupid habits: Revealing mysteries before the mystery is even established.

e: Updated the relationship chart a bit.

inthesto fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jan 8, 2017

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Reading this goddamn LP before I've had my coffee is not doing my brain any favors. I hate Klace and his writing so much.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I am angry and powerless in the face of this garbage.

What was the mail Caylen was supposed to send again? Why is Konrad suddenly okay with abandoning the mission? Why is so much of this hinging on characters Rabies has not met and actions he does not know about?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

inthesto posted:

Welcome to another one of Major/Minor's stupid habits: Revealing mysteries before the mystery is even established.

Who is the pink-haired thing under Tiger Trump? I thought I'd remember a design this horrible but apparently not...

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

anilEhilated posted:

Who is the pink-haired thing under Tiger Trump? I thought I'd remember a design this horrible but apparently not...

That is in fact Caylen, the weird double agent that Rabies has never met and is pretty much being treated as a macguffin at this point

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

inthesto posted:

What a mess.

I know it's not important, but what manner of thing is the blue bar tending thing? You know, the thing that tends the bar but is not a bunny? Is it a dinosaur?

Did I ask this already? I meant to ask this a few pages ago.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Of all the things that annoy me about this game, the wine cellar background that looks like medieval catacombs really gets under my skin because a burial crypt under the BATF/INS headquarters would be kinda interesting and this game runs orthogonal to interesting whenever possible.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They "display worry."

I HATE THIS

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
This has become the "Star Wars Holiday Special" of LPs.

T = 0 "Oh man this is gonna be bad and crazy and weird I can't wait to see it!"
T = 20 "Please make it stop."
T = 40 "It hurts"

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Three-Phase posted:

This has become the "Star Wars Holiday Special" of LPs.

This is mostly why most of us just glance over the updates and/or read bits of them at a time, because the writing really is that painful, not to mention the neon furry character design.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
I've read every update all the way through or nearly all the way through.

I would not recommend it.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
So does this eventually have a choice to pick between Tiger Trump and the Immortal God King Emperor?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Inthesto's chart was missing something.

Characters that Rabies has met have the yellow Comic Sans word "met" under them. The blue question marks are characters Rabies has just vaguely bumped in to.

There are 24 characters on-screen so far. Counting Eclair just to be generous (because she's optional and not seen through inexplicable meanwhile scenes) Rabies has met 13 of them. He's only had meaningful interactions with 11 of them. Two of them are Phidget and Trish, who are actively useless.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
The chart should be amended to show that Rabies has met Furry Outsider's Sad Planet Clipart Trio.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
It seems the game finally dropped the pretense of there being a mayoral race with a lead up to king and made it just about the victor of the race becoming the next god king.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Doseku posted:

It seems the game finally dropped the pretense of there being a mayoral race with a lead up to king and made it just about the victor of the race becoming the next god king.

Even if it's just someone who "takes over the candidate's campaign" after collecting all the votes.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Cathode Raymond posted:

What a mess.

I know it's not important, but what manner of thing is the blue bar tending thing? You know, the thing that tends the bar but is not a bunny? Is it a dinosaur?

Did I ask this already? I meant to ask this a few pages ago.

I believe she is supposed to be a blue pony.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

We've already seen the artist draw a horse and it had a recognizable horse snout, this looks like a dolphin or something? A dolphin/horse or something idk, it's easily the worst design we've seen so far, even worse than Inumi.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Abyssal Squid posted:

We've already seen the artist draw a horse and it had a recognizable horse snout, this looks like a dolphin or something? A dolphin/horse or something idk, it's easily the worst design we've seen so far, even worse than Inumi.

No, when that goon said "pony" they explicitly meant "someone's MLP fursona", not "smaller horse". Honestly she looks like someone took a racy Princess Luna fanart and tweaked a few colors.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
She's definitely equine in nature.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

So, uh, how is it even a dilemma for Rabies at this point?

Like, the king is incredibly, tremendously obviously evil.

He has to be dealt with. He's an obvious rival for the power crystals.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
It isn't a dilemma for him at this point. He's just doing what he's told right now because he was told that he is the "Savior". Hopefully the King will actually extrapolate what that is supposed to mean soon.
I don't know what will happen if power crystals somehow get involved.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
The first time the whole "built a tavern to apologize for mass-manslaughter" thing was mentioned, I figured it was something that slipped through and didn't matter, or the game wasn't being literal, or something like that. But the game keeps repeating it over and over in ways that don't leave any doubt, and I'd like to make sure it's said explicitly:

The Undying Shogun-Pharaoh of the planet built a single tavern as an apology for getting thousands of people killed, possibly due to stranding them in space.

How do you have something like that as a plot point in your story and not realize that something is wrong?

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

And it makes it sound like it's the only thing he did, now if it was "He build this tavern, a memorial, and otherwise supported people who lost their families" - it wouldn't be so weird, but as it is - it's tonedeaf.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

I hate that it's now Little Belt Blue decided to turn his brain on, not say, at any point prior to this, Its pretty clear the godking has always been up to no good, and the fact that goth lion seems to be unwilling or unable to realize this is really really stupid. Also "oh I'm gonna make you kill your family and friends" yeah that's a real good idea that could never provoke repercussions in any way shape or form. If it does, apparently the answer is build a tavern. A single one, that's enough its not like there's space considerations.

and yet the worst thing is how the protagonist is written to just readily accept all of this, with only a few seconds of "wait but" brushed aside with a "it'll work out fine"

this game is so bad

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

rudecyrus posted:

Hey everyone! Did you know Phidget wants his mom back? Let me remind you by having him mention it all the time!

edit: dead mom for new page

Phidget is a boy? That's a strange name. Is it a transgender character (what with the strapless dress-thing, feminine personality (not meant as an insult, but the pity-sink has to approximate one end or another) and -et ending to the name), or is the writer just bad at differentiating genders?

Anyway, I'm still stunned the guy built a drunk-house as a memorial and made the orphans bar wenches.
Are we sure he didn't fail that mission on purpose just to get rid of political enemies? The bar could be a celebration, with the worst off orphans paraded for amusement.

Maybe the Emperor just wants to see this world burn.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jan 9, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

RA Rx posted:

Phidget is a boy? That's a strange name. Is it a transgender character (what with the strapless dress-thing, feminine personality (not meant as an insult, but the pity-sink has to approximate one end or another) and -et ending to the name), or is the writer just bad at differentiating genders?

I wouldn't pin that one on Klace, sadly; all of the NPCs involved paid out the rear end on his Kickstarter to get their fursonas in.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Rabies is the lost mom.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Inthesto's chart was missing something.

Enhanced somewhat

bonus

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

The first time the whole "built a tavern to apologize for mass-manslaughter" thing was mentioned, I figured it was something that slipped through and didn't matter, or the game wasn't being literal, or something like that. But the game keeps repeating it over and over in ways that don't leave any doubt, and I'd like to make sure it's said explicitly:

The Undying Shogun-Pharaoh of the planet built a single tavern as an apology for getting thousands of people killed, possibly due to stranding them in space.

How do you have something like that as a plot point in your story and not realize that something is wrong?

It becomes increasingly more obvious that the writer has no clue how people think about or react to things. The way everyone acts and reacts to anything is just so god drat unnatural. My band buddy died? Time to talk to everyone about Japanese mythology! Somebody is telling me about bunk quantum mechanics? This is totally normal! The king killed a bunch of people and built a bar as a apology? Yeah, it's all good.

As much as the game says it's all about relationships and is character driven, it's obvious that the game was written with a bunch of events in mind, and the characters forcibly crammed in, acting as unnaturally as necessary in order to fit into what was already happening.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
I'll give Rabies this much, he's managing to keep track of all this exposition, which is a hell of a lot more than I can do.

Curus Keel
Nov 8, 2011

Wandering Blue Dragon

inthesto posted:

As much as the game says it's all about relationships and is character driven, it's obvious that the game was written with a bunch of events in mind, and the characters forcibly crammed in, acting as unnaturally as necessary in order to fit into what was already happening.

Exactly. If anything, events should come about because of character interaction, not the other way around.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The only reason this post isn't a character limit wall of AHHHH is that I feel Blarghalt deserves better. Better like a firing squad. I read three updates of this garbage posing as the English language, and it is genuinely the angriest I have been since I last lost a close personal friend. Blarghalt, I understand you're just the messenger, but in this instance I think Gerard Butler was in the right. gently caress!

Orv fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jan 10, 2017

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Rabies' tooth configurations are as varied as they are horrifying.

Still, I would much rather encounter Rabies than any of these other creatures. Being ground to pieces in the ever-changing maw of an evil clockwork creature is marginally better than being talked to death by a blue rabbit or a popsicle dog. I wouldn't have thought so when this whole thing started, but I've learned a lot of about myself since then.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Rabies is a saint actually, he hasn't set anyone on fire.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.

Can we add Dead Mom to the chart? She seems an increasingly pivotal character.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
This is utterly amazing and I propose Blarghalt starts using some variation of it as the canon portrait. Truly this is the face of endless introspection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Fish Noise posted:

Enhanced somewhat

bonus

Remember me, Phidget?! When I killed your mother, I talked JUST ... LIKE... THIS!

• Locked thread