Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Voting for Heljarchen Hall for maximum snow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Casting my vote for Windstad. Mr. Puffles isn't going to adopt, is he?

It's too bad there's no option to rebuild one of the destroyed houses in Winterhold. Oh well, there's always mods.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

UZworm posted:

Windstad Manor

Nearby Major City: Morthal

Quests: Murder mystery involving ghost of young child and vampires and poo poo.
Well, this sounds like the most interesting option.

Poil posted:

Dragonrend, a powerful shout that comes from the pure hatred of dragons and is said to force dragons to know what it's like to be mortal. What it actually does is "Excuse me, would you please land for a moment where it's convenient for you?"
Yeah, I tried it out when I got it because it's played up as a super-weapon, but mostly it just makes fighting dragons even less convenient than it already was.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
Heljarchen actually has a kickass view and is also pretty convenient in addition to being near a respawning giant camp iirc. A lot of elk hang around the house, too.. Lakeview is my second choice if only for the BEES and the fact if you adopt kids they fuckin' love the hell out of it. Sorry not sorry Windstad sucks.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Really liking this LP. Managing to make skyrim interesting to watch is a tough one. And it is nice to know some other stuff, like if I ever decide to play again I should rush the main quest before I get super high leveled. Which is hard cause I love side questing.

Lakeview Manor is my vote.

But can't you also get a house in whiterun? Even though it is a non-euclidean hut and probably not nearly as fancy as the three choices sound.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Broose posted:

But can't you also get a house in whiterun? Even though it is a non-euclidean hut and probably not nearly as fancy as the three choices sound.

There's also other pre-built houses, like in Riften and Solitude, but those are boring compared to building your own.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
Heljarchen Hall, because I wanna see people struggle with pronouncing it.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
I'm gonna start recording those videos tonight, so I'm calling the poll. Windstad wins with a two point lead! (Three if you count Loco being confused by Windstad.) So after Ep. 18 comes out, look forward to homesteading in swampy lands with Mr. Puffles!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Mr Puffles, it's daft to build a house in the swamp.

Ben Carsons Ghost
Oct 27, 2007

UZworm posted:

I'm gonna start recording those videos tonight, so I'm calling the poll. Windstad wins with a two point lead! (Three if you count Loco being confused by Windstad.) So after Ep. 18 comes out, look forward to homesteading in swampy lands with Mr. Puffles!

I assume Loco fell asleep during the vote?

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

DrHolmesPhD posted:

I assume Loco fell asleep during the vote?

He said he didn't understand how he'd be confused by a house, so I just counted that as a toss-up.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Poil posted:

Mr Puffles, it's daft to build a house in the swamp.

I'm sure the fourth one will stay up.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:getin:

Will it have a trophy room?

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Honestly, as long as Mr Puffles makes a 2-story house with furnishings I will be satisfied. There's a surprising amount of work that just goes into furnishing a player-built home's entryway or big initial house structure without going into the side additions.

EDIT: Also, Mr Puffles needs to bake some bread.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Unknown Quantity posted:

Honestly, as long as Mr Puffles makes a 2-story house with furnishings I will be satisfied. There's a surprising amount of work that just goes into furnishing a player-built home's entryway or big initial house structure without going into the side additions.

After the absolute disaster that video 20's recording session was, I'm inclined to agree.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
:siren: NEW UPDATE :siren:

Episode 18 - Mr. Puffles Beats the Game

Finally, we're done with the main quest. The Alduin fight is, as ever, one of the greatest disappointments in the entire game. Thankfully, it's made up for by me getting my poo poo rocked by Tsun a thousand times before I can even get to that point.

Like I said before, some Hearthfire-related episodes will be coming after this, and past that point we'll probably be doing Dawnguard. Thanks to all of you for sticking through the main quest with me, lack of mods and all! (It's what Todd Howard would have wanted.)

White Coke
May 29, 2015

UZworm posted:

Thanks to all of you for sticking through the main quest with me, lack of mods and all! (It's what Todd Howard would have wanted.)

Todd Howard wants players to use mods. It makes them forget about how terrible the base game is.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The ending is so dull, and full of endless pretentious babbling. Those worthless "heroes" of old just sitting on their asses doing nothing about all of their kin being eaten outside. But at least Tsun gets cranky if you tell him you're going to enter by right of the Nightmother, not dere at all. :v:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Poil posted:

The ending is so dull, and full of endless pretentious babbling. Those worthless "heroes" of old just sitting on their asses doing nothing about all of their kin being eaten outside. But at least Tsun gets cranky if you tell him you're going to enter by right of the Nightmother, not dere at all. :v:
He also gets cranky if you tell him you're a vampire or a high-level Imperial

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Protip: you'd die a lot less if you were snappier with the potion-chugging and kept your health above the insta-kill threshold.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
You prevented the end of the world! And now to get next to zero respect for it in the postgame.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Section Z posted:

You prevented the end of the world! And now to get next to zero respect for it in the postgame.

Since Dragon spawns are more frequent now, it's actually the opposite of respect in a way.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pretty cool LP Uzworm.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
That bridge dude is so TsunTsun.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I finished my dark elf playthrough: it was the first time I'd done Season Unending since I usually pick a side in the war.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
:siren: NEW UPDATE! :siren:

Episode 19 - Mr. Puffles, Master Detective

Hearthfire begins! Before we build a house though, Mr. Puffles needs to solve a mystery and kill a vampire.

(ALSO WE'RE USING MODS NOW IT'S PRETTY AWESOME)

UZworm fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 15, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Mr Puffles goes on an egg hunt in the vampire coop.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Are you using any other mods like the unofficial patches?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wait, this Pretty Cool LP isn't over yet?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Thorium. Really? Yeah, okay, fine.

Vampire eggs, though. What are you, H.P. Loco now?

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

White Coke posted:

Are you using any other mods like the unofficial patches?

As of right now it's just SkyUI and the Pretty Cool Gem mod.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

UZworm posted:

As of right now it's just SkyUI and the Pretty Cool Gem mod.

I feel that even "Mod Free" playthroughs should get to use Sky UI. Holy loving poo poo what a difference.

Whenever I get back into Skyrim with "I'll beat it THIS time!" (which I finally did), I start Vanilla and they get immediately reminded how much of what I assumed was there by default, was Sky UI just adding basic QoL stuff you don't expect to need a mod for.

Ben Carsons Ghost
Oct 27, 2007

You didn't explore Movarth's lair enough to find his closet? I was hoping to hear everyone's reactions to his foot fetish

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Section Z posted:

Whenever I get back into Skyrim with "I'll beat it THIS time!" (which I finally did), I start Vanilla and they get immediately reminded how much of what I assumed was there by default, was Sky UI just adding basic QoL stuff you don't expect to need a mod for.

Like what?

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

RareAcumen posted:

Like what?

First thing that came to my mind is the fact that you can actually see a large portion, if not all, of your inventory instead of having to scroll down a giant list of poo poo. There's also an easy text search you can use on your inventory if you need to find something quickly. Useful!

Thanakyris
Aug 22, 2015
I can't recall the name of the mod, but what it does is take the shout walls that are locked behind quest lines like the Companions and puts them elsewhere so you don't have to join unwanted guilds or do the civil war to get them. It's not perfect, but it does make a difference. It wouldn't be worth installing mid way through a play-through, though. One of the odd things it does, surprisingly, is lock all of Storm Call in Skuldafn. If I remember the readme, they reasoned it was a sufficient reward for going through the main quest.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That's not actually a bad idea. Now if only the game didn't encourage you to do the civil war before the main quest so fiercely you could actually benefit from it. Taking forts while the stormcloaks get repeatably zapped by lightning is a lot more smooth.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

RareAcumen posted:

Like what?

Like, think of something you would consider "Basic RPG UI" or "Basic PC Game UI" (Though they did add proper gamepad support, so no "PC Master Race" antics)

UZworm posted:

First thing that came to my mind is the fact that you can actually see a large portion, if not all, of your inventory instead of having to scroll down a giant list of poo poo. There's also an easy text search you can use on your inventory if you need to find something quickly. Useful!

Skyrim doesn't have that. Sky UI Adds it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3863/

The first two "Before, After" images alone start the sum up very well.

1/4 of the bottom left corner of your screen for scrolling through the names of all your items/spells/etc. Vs "Actual Inventory/Spell/Etc screen. with Damage, armor value, type sorting and poo poo-holy gently caress this also works on the crafting screen?"

Also if you're planning on getting into more modding, Sky UI is basically one of the big two mods that 90% of mods want you to have (Because a large part of it is "Enable menu options for other Mods" type stuff, as well)

Section Z fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 16, 2017

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Section Z posted:

Skyrim doesn't have that. Sky UI Adds it.

Well yeah, that's what I was saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

UZworm posted:

Well yeah, that's what I was saying.

I was repeating your statement to emphasis "Good things you now have thanks to the mod", but yeah I did kind of mangle the delivery :downs:

• Locked thread