Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Lol that jeep just driving over it, not giving a gently caress.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Platystemon posted:

Save space and money and make it a man engine

If the man is heavier than the water ain't that gonna gently caress it up?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

spankmeister posted:

Lol that jeep just driving over it, not giving a gently caress.
Just love it. Both are saying gently caress this, but one is in flight mode, the other in fight mode.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

coupbrick posted:

If the man is heavier than the water ain't that gonna gently caress it up?

Mechanical advantage, motherfucker.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That looks an awful like New Zealand unless other places have Liquor Kings of that particular colour.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Platystemon posted:

Save space and money and make it a man engine

Paternosters are where it's at.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Riding the paternoster at the mayor's office was loving scary.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

An ex of mine went to the University of Sheffield where they had one of these. People would prank freshmen by going over the top and ripping their clothes, using some theater blood and standing on their head to make it look like horrible things happen if you go around.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Finally, someone deserving of their "It's A Jeep Thing" spare tire cover,

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Rogue operating systems on occasion spread lies and rumors about me.

Tumble posted:

An ex of mine went to the University of Sheffield where they had one of these. People would prank freshmen by going over the top and ripping their clothes, using some theater blood and standing on their head to make it look like horrible things happen if you go around.

Klamrisk!

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

GWBBQ posted:

That person has been waiting their entire goddamn life for that moment, when hey could feel like their Jeep buy was justified.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

oohhboy posted:

That looks an awful like New Zealand unless other places have Liquor Kings of that particular colour.

GWBBQ posted:

It's actually a Jeep ad, recreating a news film of the car just escaping the tree. They added the Jeep. And yes, it was made in New Zealand.

https://adland.tv/commercials/jeep-have-fun-out-there-storm-2008-30-new-zealand

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Deteriorata posted:

It's actually a Jeep ad, recreating a news film of the car just escaping the tree. They added the Jeep. And yes, it was made in New Zealand.

https://adland.tv/commercials/jeep-have-fun-out-there-storm-2008-30-new-zealand

Yeah I was gonna say that looks fake even to my untrained eye. Not bad though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Risk of stapling? Kläm and klam are not the same word.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Risk of clams :backtowork:

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Thats the one in my Town, in the City Hall. It looks newish, but it isnt.

It was supposed to be shut down in 2004, but people protested and this deathtrap is still running. It's one of three in my city that I know of.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Just take the stairs. Additional bonus: Not becoming fat as gently caress, which in 2017 is probably worse than any OSHA non-complience we'll see.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Is it called that because you say a prayer before you get on?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

Is it called that because you say a prayer before you get on?

I always thought it was because it was a bit like prayer beads but then again I might be way off.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

I always thought it was because it was a bit like prayer beads but then again I might be way off.

Thats exactly why they are called that.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I feel so smart now.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I like how turning a workplace environment into a platforming game is somehow OSHA approved.

Also I just got engaged and after all the degloving stories here I hardly ever use my ring.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Tumble posted:

The arts tower :3:

I went over the top and it was surprisingly light and airy. I expected it to be some mechanical hellscape.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

So I started working at a new place. I cannot get everyone to stop climbing up the wooden rungs on the carpet sample wall that's like 25 feet high over a hardwood floor. So they're grabbing onto a wooden rung that has a carpet sample draped over it and putting their feet onto a rung with a carpet sample draped over it. Also I'm not worried about repercussions because they do this poo poo IN FRONT OF CUSTOMERS.

This happens multiple times a day. Does anyone have any applicable laws or maybe a link to some facts about fall injuries? Because I know if someone falls down and hurts themselves the company's going to go "welp, we had ladders there, you're screwed."

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

You can't save people from themselves. Use the ladder yourself and if someone else gets hurt from being stupid that's their problem.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

So I started working at a new place. I cannot get everyone to stop climbing up the wooden rungs on the carpet sample wall that's like 25 feet high over a hardwood floor. So they're grabbing onto a wooden rung that has a carpet sample draped over it and putting their feet onto a rung with a carpet sample draped over it. Also I'm not worried about repercussions because they do this poo poo IN FRONT OF CUSTOMERS.

This happens multiple times a day. Does anyone have any applicable laws or maybe a link to some facts about fall injuries? Because I know if someone falls down and hurts themselves the company's going to go "welp, we had ladders there, you're screwed."

Loosen the screws on the lower rungs.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Collateral Damage posted:

You can't save people from themselves. Use the ladder yourself and if someone else gets hurt from being stupid that's their problem.

Yeah, the whole place is nuts. This kid was standing on the cash wrap counter wobbling back and forth to unscrew a ceiling light with one hand and I had to take him aside later and lecture him.

It's super high end but I guess retail attitudes never change.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Collateral Damage posted:

You can't save people from themselves.

Yep, you can only tell them so many times before it becomes obvious that the message will never sink in.

That's when you pre-order one of these foil balloons for the inevitable hospital visit instead of taking a 'Get Well Soon!' balloon.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Goddammit where was that balloon in early November. I need to order a dozen.

Boiled Water posted:

Just take the stairs. Additional bonus: Not becoming fat as gently caress, which in 2017 is probably worse than any OSHA non-complience we'll see.

What are the OSHA guidelines for 'fat as gently caress'?

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Look in the OSHA handbook appendix. It should be around page 69, a picture of your mother.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

Look in the OSHA handbook appendix. It should be around page 69, a picture of your mother.

:drat:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

goddamn, son

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

DiHK posted:

If you're already a fat sack don't take the stairs, you'll give yourself a heart attack.

-------

A food plant I interned at were moving heavy machinery. The bolts used to fasten them protruded from the floors, epoxy floors which were constantly wet from the plant running. Good times for impaling.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Oh poo poo, we had that once.

Big arse loving bolts coming up about 10cm out of the floor where old machinery had been taken out years ago and no one had bothered to take an angle grinder to them because no one wanted the hassle of getting a hot work permit. Also, "We might put something there one day, better leave it."

Then in the space of just one day no less than three forklifts drove over the bolts and hosed up their tyres*. And then someone who had come up to help the final forklift get free stood on one of the bolts and had it go right through the sole of his boot but by some absolute miracle not into his foot.

Oh how I laughed. The amount of poo poo I had taken trying to get that issue fixed, "everyone knows they're there so it's not a problem, you don't even work on the warehouse floor get back to the labs".

* There weren't even enough spare tyres on the site, because of course there weren't. So the last forklift had to sit around on three wheels until someone could go the store the next day and buy a bunch of new tyres.

That was an even funnier thing, because when the big boss came in the next day and saw a forklift just sitting there, someone had to explain to him how a known safety issue had just knocked out so many lifts in the space of a single day that we didn't have the parts to continue operation.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jan 9, 2017

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

if by any chance your name is roy you might wanna get screened for cancer asap

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

DiHK posted:

Goddammit where was that balloon in early November. I need to order a dozen.

Serious answer i don't think OSHA gives a gently caress but DOT requirements for CDLs require normal blood pressure or a being on a medical drug pressure management plan to reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke while driving a big truck at speed. Of course the fat fucks "have a guy" who signs their physicals for a slightly more expensive visiting fee.

Civil court saves the day again in general industry. If you need a respirator fit test, occupational clinics usually require normal blood pressure or a doctor's note so they aren't held liable if you stroke out during the lung capacity test. Ditto if you are covered by long term disability, there's usually a benchmark fitness test of something like squats, push-ups, and a stress test and most clinics again require normal blood pressure or a doctor's note so they aren't held liable for heart attacks or stroke. The benchmark is then used for when rehab ends and you need to return to work.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

During Hurricane Matthew we were all placed under a curfew from the night before it hit Central Florida until the afternoon of the impact (it was going to be over 24 hours long, but the impact wasn't as bad as expected and curfew was lifted early). A guy up in the hick part of the region decided "gently caress the curfew, I need cigarettes" and drove out in his girlfriend's jeep in the hopes of finding a store that stayed open despite the area being under curfew and every business shutting down until it was lifted.

He ended up on the news because as he was driving back home empty-handed, a tree crashed down on the jeep and he had to escape by climbing through the sunroof and branches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
move, bitch, get out da way, get out da way bitch, get out da way