Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Looking a bit sorry for itself. Differentials are out to go to the ARB shop tomorrow to get a pair of Air Lockers fitted. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Not sure I posted this when I got it last year but here is my bad life choice:

This car has allowed me to renew my dislike of brand/model specific forums and their habit of echo chambering about other brands/models negatively. With this of course it is Mustangs and Cameros and I tried both of them before buying the Challenger and they were ok but I liked having some more space and the noise the SRT V8 makes makes me feel all silly. Ordered it late May 2016 and it was delivered on June 25th 2016 which was about half the time I was quoted on it would take. Unfortunately the Plum Crazy had gone out of production else I would have gotten than colour but as we all know red ones go faster.

So far just had a clear car bra with a black wrap on the hood and added a oil catch tank. Probably going to leave it standard on the most part since it is for daily driving while being too big and heavy to be chucked around on track really. Probably take it to the strip next summer with some better tyres on the rear for some fun. Also have to resist putting a pistol grip shifter on it else I will be banished from New England down to the south.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

BigPaddy posted:

Not sure I posted this when I got it last year but here is my bad life choice:

This car has allowed me to renew my dislike of brand/model specific forums and their habit of echo chambering about other brands/models negatively. With this of course it is Mustangs and Cameros and I tried both of them before buying the Challenger and they were ok but I liked having some more space and the noise the SRT V8 makes makes me feel all silly. Ordered it late May 2016 and it was delivered on June 25th 2016 which was about half the time I was quoted on it would take. Unfortunately the Plum Crazy had gone out of production else I would have gotten than colour but as we all know red ones go faster.

So far just had a clear car bra with a black wrap on the hood and added a oil catch tank. Probably going to leave it standard on the most part since it is for daily driving while being too big and heavy to be chucked around on track really. Probably take it to the strip next summer with some better tyres on the rear for some fun. Also have to resist putting a pistol grip shifter on it else I will be banished from New England down to the south.

I have an irrational love for the Challenger, and fully support your decision.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Agreed. I'm mostly a ford fan boy but goddamn do I love the Challenger.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
My first choice was a Hellcat Challenger but alas, all the dealers around here are fuckholes.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I do a 60 mile commute in this daily or would have gone for a Hellcat. I know I could just use the black key but come on if you pay the extra 20k you are going to want to use the red key all the time. Also feel a little vindicated since there is trouble brewing in relation to the bearing in the super chargers not being up to spec from the OEM who supplied them so probably a recall in the future.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Not sure I'd spend my own money on one, but I do like them a lot. A drat fine choice.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Ferremit posted:

Looking a bit sorry for itself. Differentials are out to go to the ARB shop tomorrow to get a pair of Air Lockers fitted. :getin:

Nice hover conversion!

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
RIP to my '05 Mazda3, I picked up a mint '12 Acura TL SH-AWD w/ Elite package (Advance package in the USA). Crystal black pearl with umber brown (it's orange) leather. I pick it up Thursday.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.
I used to drive this green car in CA.

But then I moved to CO in 2015 and bought a car with a roof.

My financial situation is more stable than it's been since the move, so I can finally afford to do stupid AI poo poo to it. Feels good to be irresponsible again.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I took the Micro Machine out for some on-ramps.

It's ugly. An ugly beast.

https://youtu.be/wrko2rqbV98

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

You're the person we share the road with.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

PenisMonkey posted:

You drive like a dick.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Thirded. Chill and merge safely.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Agreed. Just to clarify I wasn't raging or anything. I was going to pass on the left and the guy was taking forever to change lanes so I thought he saw me trying to pass. Guess he didn't and started to merge when I put the throttle on.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

PenisMonkey posted:

Agreed. Just to clarify I wasn't raging or anything. I was going to pass on the left and the guy was taking forever to change lanes so I thought he saw me trying to pass. Guess he didn't and started to merge when I put the throttle on.

The guy was not taking forever, he actually signaled his intention to change lanes before doing so (which is surprising, since it's a driver actually following the rules), and you were an impatient turd wanting to show off your mad powah for internet people.

Yeah, serious dickhead driving. Grats on your internet points.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Nooo penismonkey :(

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Yeah, dude started getting over before you did. You're a jackass. Between that and the ridiculous soccer mom douchecanoe I don't know how you don't get ridiculed relentlessly every time you post in AI.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Car sounds cool if a little farty. Driver obviously has trouble reading what other road users are going to do.

Don't hurt yourselves or others plz. tanku

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Guys, its ok. he's driving a Mercedes.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Sorry guys, next time I'll pass on the right.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I mostly stopped taking him seriously when he started bitching about his wife in the same way old crass dudes at carshows do and had one or two new mercedes that get humblebragged about in practically every post, how did it take you guys this long to notice?

(Unless everyone else was just being polite too, in which case :respek:)

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

PenisMonkey posted:

Sorry guys, next time I'll pass on the right.

You're right, much better to wait until he gets over and try to rearend him in your glorified minivan.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Car sounds cool if a little farty. Driver obviously has trouble reading what other road users are going to do.

I too hate upshift farts.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Also I just realized I should post an updated fleet since it has been a while...

79 AMC Jeep J10 Honcho, getting an LQ4 swap in the spring if I can find one

Datsun for sale, 5 ton not for sale, hated Forester (beater)

Justy in hibernation until I can put together the new motor for it :sigh:

Mostly-blue 1988 Comanche chore truck

Old 1991 Comanche, relegated to 4x4 engine hoist, yard, and parts truck status... :rip:

My awesome wife's awesome wagon, a 1993 Buick Roadmaster:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

kastein posted:

My awesome wife's awesome wagon, a 1993 Buick Roadmaster:

Your wife has a much cooler vehicle than certain others in this thread.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

PenisMonkey posted:

I just moved to probably the most pretentious loving neighborhood in south Orange County, California.

You drive the way most idiots in my neighborhood with cars like yours drive.

Everyone has a car like yours.

You drive like everyone in my neighborhood.

This is not a good thing.

*edit* One of my cars is also a total fart machine, but it's an Abarth, and a stick, so it's way cooler than yours despite being worth as much as one of your calipers.

eyebeem fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 11, 2017

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

kastein posted:

I really hope you get this project going because I'd love for you to document the poo poo out of the swap process. My knowledge of electrical systems and the magical pixies contained therein is severely lacking and I'd really like to watch you go through the steps of getting everything where it needs to be.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Ken when the hell did you get married :psyduck:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Nodoze posted:

Ken when the hell did you get married :psyduck:

He snuck out and eloped several months ago. We only learned about it when he started mentioning :siren: HIS WIFE :siren: in his house thread.
It's like he didn't want us to come to the wedding or something.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

kastein posted:

Awesome truck. The stripes of that era are just the best.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

eighty-four merc posted:

I used to drive this green car in CA.

My financial situation is more stable than it's been since the move, so I can finally afford to do stupid AI poo poo to it. Feels good to be irresponsible again.

Which one is the 84? :P

Those look like some serious tires.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Darchangel posted:

He snuck out and eloped several months ago. We only learned about it when he started mentioning :siren: HIS WIFE :siren: in his house thread.

"Honey, why is there a crowd of people screaming at the door that they want to witness us?"

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I really hope you get this project going because I'd love for you to document the poo poo out of the swap process. My knowledge of electrical systems and the magical pixies contained therein is severely lacking and I'd really like to watch you go through the steps of getting everything where it needs to be.

Painless will sell a kit for installing an ls based engine into just about anything.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Seminal Flu posted:

Awesome truck. The stripes of that era are just the best.

its also been enshortened just a touch. I'm so loving jealous of that and the roadmaster wagon.

eighty-four merc posted:

awesome mercedes wagon

You still need a thread for your insanity. :D

You sir drive like a Dickweed. and this is not a phrase I use lightly. You'd be eating the rear end of my 7000lb slow as poo poo truck for pulling that crap.
Speaking of.

The bus is mine too, and you can eat its 15 ton rear end.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

CharlesM posted:

Which one is the 84? :P

Those look like some serious tires.

The w123 wagon is an 84, chopped w116 was an 80.

cursedshitbox posted:

You still need a thread for your insanity. :D

Once it warms up and I actually feel like doing stupid poo poo, I'll make one. Too hard to muster up the ambition when it's cold and you already spend 50 hours a week working on cars.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Darchangel posted:

What the gently caress? I thought he and cursedshitbox were always perfect for each other. :allears:

Dreadite
Dec 31, 2004

College Slice
here's my yuppie-mobile.

it's the awd tiptronic safety-rails version too, but as a result it's pretty good in the rain and the snow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreadite
Dec 31, 2004

College Slice

eighty-four merc posted:

Can you post a lot more of this nonsense please? Looks like a riot.