Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
To be fair there's pretty much no place he could get stabbed there that would leave him able to move and talk and also kill him really quickly. It's basically lung or heart. Heart and he's off like a light-switch, lung and he gets to slowly drown in his own blood. Which is much less horrific when your teleporting girlfriend can instantly get you to a hospital. Then again dramatic narrative is a killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nah she missed both those and hit him in the spine. Now that's a lucky shot

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mulva posted:

To be fair there's pretty much no place he could get stabbed there that would leave him able to move and talk and also kill him really quickly. It's basically lung or heart. Heart and he's off like a light-switch, lung and he gets to slowly drown in his own blood. Which is much less horrific when your teleporting girlfriend can instantly get you to a hospital. Then again dramatic narrative is a killer.

Uh you clearly don't understand how medicine works.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
Well, it suddenly looks like the name of the chapter might have had a double meaning that I missed the first time around.

Edit: I wonder if Annie gets to send him off..

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen

Mulva posted:

Being stabbed in the heart is surprisingly not always quite so immediate:

"The Dubious Quick Kill posted:

Anecdotes of duels fought with rapier, sabre, or smallsword, and forensic literature based upon present-day coroner's reports of homicides in which knives and other sharp instruments were used convincingly showed that mortal wounds to the major vessels and even to the heart itself do not always lead to instant incapacitation of the victim. The veracity of these accounts is supported by a 1961 survey conducted by Spitz, Petty and Russell which found that of seven victims stabbed in various regions of the heart, none expired immediately. While two were quickly incapacitated, the remaining five were not, and of these one, despite a two-centimeter incision in the left ventricle, walked a full city block, armed himself with a broken beer bottle, and collapsed only after he returned to the scene of the crime to re-engage the individual who had stabbed him.
The whole article is a pretty nice read if you're interested in this sort of thing, and goes over various other mechanisms of stab wounds to conclude that basically nothing you can do with a rapier or similar can be 100% expected to immediately drop your opponent, even if you pierce the brain.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh

Oh no

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Smitty is At Least Partially Fine with This Situation

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Lurdiak posted:

Uh you clearly don't understand how medicine works.

I know how medicine works.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
What's "pretty lucky" is that the elf was actually the forest's top magical physician.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917
How the hell are they going to explain this to the court?

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Tender Child Loins posted:

How the hell are they going to explain this to the court?

Tripped over a dog.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Well the way will finally be cleared for Annie to unite the two medium jobs #makethecourtandwoodgreatagain

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
It's a real kick in the teeth, but I'm honestly surprised Jeanne only iced one of them.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
This plan was not the best, in hindsight. Smitty being the only one that died really is going to be lucky.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Cavelcade posted:

Tripped over a dog.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
What if the Court accused the Forest Medium of killing the Court Medium?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Also I want to say that this all basically happened almost exactly as I predicted and you guys mocked me for it but you were WRONG. Which isn't that impressive because it was super obvious and properly foreshadowed.

Except the Elf zombie. Now if I had predicted an elf zombie, that would have been impressive. I did not see the Elf Zombie coming

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jan 9, 2017

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
He could still be pretty lucky and not actually die from his wound, y'know.

Denial <--- i'm here :negative:
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Say 'aright' to Mort for me, Smitty.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Next up: Smitty reorganised the entire Ether, tidying under the psychopomps and doing their taxes.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Aw :(

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Dadpire appears. "Hey our librarian quit because of 'some killjoy ruining everything', do you guys know any dead people good at organising things?"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Splicer posted:

Dadpire appears. "Hey our librarian quit because of 'some killjoy ruining everything', do you guys know any dead people good at organising things?"

yeah we just need to finish up this smit pyre

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

He's gonna be just fine, buncha worrywarts.

also, a completely unrelated post I'm quoting for some reason:

Jetamo posted:

Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Smitty is totally fine with this situation.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jetamo posted:

He could still be pretty lucky and not actually die from his wound, y'know.

Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

Your avatar is now particularly depressing

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Cavelcade posted:

Tripped over a dog.

Boxbot.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
There is the blood!

I am sad there is no silly string pouring out of the ether.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Smitty you fool. You took the knife blow, but ended up stabbing your gf right in the feelings.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Relax guys. All according to plan. She stabbed him in the exact place he was unknowingly developing lung cancer.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Getting stabbed once usually isn't fatal as long as:

1) the knife misses your heart.

2) you leave the knife in so the blood is kept inside and you don't bleed to death.

3) you get to a hospital quickly.

Now would be a good time to teleport Parley.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Just put a finger in the hole it'll be fine.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Annie cauterise the wound and the rest of him

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A heart is a kind of a machine right? Kat fix it

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Blue, make him believe being stabbed is perfectly harmless

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Uthor posted:

Boxbot.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Cavelcade posted:

Tripped over a dog.

Uthor posted:

Boxbot.

:smugjones: "Ms. Carver, you're telling me that the Court Medium, Mr. Andrew Smith, tripped over Boxbot, fell OUT of the court buildings, over the edge of the Court/Forest rift and landed on the banks of the Annan Waters, sustained no injuries from the fall, but happened to land on a centuries old dagger that just happened to be sticking up out of the dirt."

:supaburn: "Yes sir, that is correct."

:smugjones: "....God drat it, Boxbot is the worst. Why do we keep that damned thing around?"

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Wa11y posted:

:smugjones: "Ms. Carver, you're telling me that the Court Medium, Mr. Andrew Smith, tripped over Boxbot, fell OUT of the court buildings, over the edge of the Court/Forest rift and landed on the banks of the Annan Waters, sustained no injuries from the fall, but happened to land on a centuries old dagger that just happened to be sticking up out of the dirt."

:supaburn: "Yes sir, that is correct."

:smugjones: "....God drat it, Boxbot is the worst. Why do we keep that damned thing around?"

Given his powers, this is quite probable.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I accidentally teleported onto a knife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I'm now realizing that Annie did almost nothing during this whole thing. Wasted party slot, lockpicking barely costs any skill points at all. loving noob party, dkp minus.