Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Addamere posted:

Are any of the following due for a rework or price drop anytime soon?

Aatrrox, Aurelion Sol, Azir, Braum, Camille, Darius, Diana, Draven, Ekko, Elise, Fiora, Fizz, Ivern, Jhin, Kha'Zix, Kindred, Kled, Lissandra, Lucian, Quinn, Rek'Sai, Renekton, Rengar, Syndra, Tahm Kench, Taliyah, Thresh, Viktor, Zac, Zed

Darius has already been reworked and is probably the most successful attempt to make a juggernaut. He's usually at ~50% winrate and an acceptable pick rate so it's highly unlikely he'll be changed in the near future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

pog boyfriend posted:

riot said azir and kalista are not getting any love because they have no idea how to balance them for pro play without making them useful in solo queue

Wonder if they will be non viable for as long as eve and twitch were?

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
ok lategame azir is still a nightmare, it's just forcing your team to play a 4v5 until you have 4 items that's not the best

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Addamere posted:

Are any of the following due for a rework or price drop anytime soon?

Aatrrox, Aurelion Sol, Azir, Braum, Camille, Darius, Diana, Draven, Ekko, Elise, Fiora, Fizz, Ivern, Jhin, Kha'Zix, Kindred, Kled, Lissandra, Lucian, Quinn, Rek'Sai, Renekton, Rengar, Syndra, Tahm Kench, Taliyah, Thresh, Viktor, Zac, Zed

Aurelion Sol is getting a rework.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Darius has already been reworked and is probably the most successful attempt to make a juggernaut. He's usually at ~50% winrate and an acceptable pick rate so it's highly unlikely he'll be changed in the near future.

Thanks for this! I ended up picking up Darius and I'll try him out soon.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just had a weird match where we were down 5-20 with a 12-1 ahri on the enemy team wrecking all lanes but for some reason they could not siege a tower. They threw one team fight at Baron and we marched it down mid taking all 3 turrets and the nexus in one push and ending the match 31-41. This game is hilarious sometimes.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't think anyone even use the fling to sticky goo root

the damage to the fling was probably what actually made him viable

It's absolutely the reason, the fling thing is just a little buff on the side. If I remember right they hit his ratio on fling from 1:1 to like .75 and it hurt him a lot, them they added the percentage damage which is pretty drat big.

They're probably gonna eventually hit him again because of the whole thing where seemingly no one attempts to use him in a lane and just puts him in the enemy base farming waves at spawn and suiciding over and over. It's a shame because singed can totally fight at least a few top laners but everyone resorts to the gimmick proxy thing

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Addamere posted:

Just had a weird match where we were down 5-20 with a 12-1 ahri on the enemy team wrecking all lanes but for some reason they could not siege a tower. They threw one team fight at Baron and we marched it down mid taking all 3 turrets and the nexus in one push and ending the match 31-41. This game is hilarious sometimes.

I played this game last night http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2395077918/38198234?tab=overview where the opposing Darius was 12/1/0 at one point and yet we still won thanks to a completely braindead Ryze.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Addamere posted:

Sorta similar thing happened to me, we were getting stomped in every lane. Had a team fight at drake where we won 4-1 and they just surrendered immediately afterwards, it was the weirdest poo poo. Our whole team just all typed '????' at the same time, we were confused as hell.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

el dingo posted:

I need to up my support game a bit as I'm very confident with tanks but crap with poke/AP supports. I own Morgana and I'm ok ish with her but die way too often.

Who's a good ranged supp to learn the ropes? Don't say sona, she's boring as gently caress and I can't handle having no peel
This is the list of Supps I see regularly: Zyra and VK are the best poke learners because they have enough CC to not get yourself killed. Brand is great if you're good with Brand, but practice him in mid lane rather than as support - he's kind of lovely if you can't reliably land your stun. Janna is great for learning the poke game, but her poke is different - shield yourself and auto so your trade is your mana for their life.

I include the not viable because botlane FOTM stuff gets weird, and some people insist on playing their favorite support from season 2/3 even though game changes have basically made them lovely. Also most supports didn't pick support, so they don't know what they're doing. If you're Bronze/Silver expect people to play a lot of bully lanes or simple people with strong abilities - BC, Thresh, Sona are probably the three most popular supports for random schmucks thrown into the role.

Viable:
Zyra (don't push to far, no escapes, easy to shove lane, one really good CC)
Vel'Koz (slow, easy to shove lane if you like to W, tons of CC)
Brand (Burn poo poo - passive is good damage for bullying, stun takes practice to land reliably, LOTS of damage with few/no items, no escape, can't multi-target CC at all so ganks are a real issue. Don't pick into Leona ever.)

Less Damage, more Support:
Janna (Shield yourself when it's poke time, tons of disengage, Shits on Sona)
Nami (Q is hard as balls to get land, but once you get good it's good CC. R is amazing, W pokes like a boss and heals if you get the ranges right. Takes a ton of practice to get down but is really solid)
Soraka - Land Q's, win lane, boring as hell, beaten by Morellonomicon.

Niche:
Lux (don't. People do, but don't. Strong early game, susceptible to ganks, shoves lane, needs items to keep up her damage)
Veigar (More Niche, good but akward CC, high damage, can scale AP without items thanks to passive. Has to constantly poke, which puts him harms way)
Malz: (Don't, he's really only good when people try to play some abusive bot lane bully lane nonsense like 2 adc's or Teemo. Too many mana problems to really work as a support, primary CC is just a silence and not reliable, and the dot damage reduction killed his ability to easily bully the lane by himself while the adc passively farms)

Not Viable but I keep seeing them anyway:
Ziggs (Have only seen him recently, I think people don't understand the Ziggs bot meta is as an adc replacement. CC sucks, damage is good early but needs kills to keep it up, easily shoves lane.)
Teemo (Not since seaone 3. Seriously, don't. Can kind work in Bronze when people don't know how to turret sit, otherwise you just get starved out.)

Tanks who can Poke and are at least semi-viable:
Sion (Also a tank, lots of CC but Q is unreliable and requires a charge-up, armor shred, E is really good poke)
Malphite: (Tons of fun, poke with Q, mana problems so you can't do it regularly. Good in the right comps, great CC, passive is perfect for Support, did I mention Mana problems?)

Situational tanks:
Maokai: (Poke is also your CC, good engage if your ADC really benefits from you taking early focus - works with like Graves and not many others, Mana problems)

Not Viable:
Cho'Gath (used to be good, mana changes keep him from supporting anymore. Don't, unless you like not being able to do things because your blue bar is empty)

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

hey league thread veterans since i last posted in the thread and now have there been any guys who complain about elo hell and revealed themselves to be worse than their rank would suggest, if so, could i have a link as i do not want to read all of the posts that were made in between them

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

pog boyfriend posted:

hey league thread veterans since i last posted in the thread and now have there been any guys who complain about elo hell and revealed themselves to be worse than their rank would suggest, if so, could i have a link as i do not want to read all of the posts that were made in between them

im in elo hell and also complete trash

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsnDbealN9E

Dear Rito

Please don't turn Warwick into a Cyborg-Werewolf

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Bholder posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsnDbealN9E

Dear Rito

Please don't turn Warwick into a Cyborg-Werewolf

man I really enjoyed Bioshock, anybody else?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't think anyone even use the fling to sticky goo root

the damage to the fling was probably what actually made him viable

Maybe they should inverse the interaction. If you fling someone who has walked on the goo you stun them? But that would be way too easy to proc. The thing is if you land the slow they will not be able to go across it you will fling them way before they get over it because you already have poo poo tons of movespeed on Singed. The only time I think you can do the root without forcing to do it is if you're getting chased and you put the sand in front of yourself then fling the person who is chasing you into and switch directions.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I love anything bright green

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
That trailer has some good horror atmosphere. Maybe Rito should make a indie horror game?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

new blood scent lookin op

Orv
May 4, 2011
Mostly it just makes me want a Necromunda game.

Also I look forward to the utterly retarded rework of Big Bad Warwick with all his new cybermagic parts.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
The thing that worries me the most is seeing nu-Warwick jump all over the place, because we know what that means.

Orv
May 4, 2011
His ult is now half-global. :getin:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Orv posted:

His ult is now half-global. :getin:

http://i.imgur.com/6ADLV4r.mp4

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
lmao

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

So the story now is he's a creation of Singed, yeah? That never made sense to me that he was Singed's master.

The video looks really good though

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I prefer my werewolves fully organic.

I hope he's still ez to play. He's my chill jungler and theres nothing funnier than making a yasuo or riven tilt because you keep ulting them

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Zenon's prototype ultimate for Warwick's rework was still a suppression but requires you to land a skillshot like Vi Q. Take that how you will on his complexity

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

The thing that worries me the most is seeing nu-Warwick jump all over the place, because we know what that means.

I remember they did post some information about a Warwick rework a few years back and he had a dash that worked sort of like Renekton's. They then "iced" that rework which is the term they use to delay the rework because they couldn't make the rework viable. In one of their other posts they said they often keep some parts of older reworks in the finished reworked so he definitely might have a dash.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tired Moritz posted:

I prefer my werewolves fully organic.

I hope he's still ez to play. He's my chill jungler and theres nothing funnier than making a yasuo or riven tilt because you keep ulting them

you can do all of this without a suppression if you just play shyvana

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ulio posted:

I remember they did post some information about a Warwick rework a few years back and he had a dash that worked sort of like Renekton's. They then "iced" that rework which is the term they use to delay the rework because they couldn't make the rework viable. In one of their other posts they said they often keep some parts of older reworks in the finished reworked so he definitely might have a dash.

Dash into Warwick ult sounds hilarious.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Servaetes posted:

Zenon's prototype ultimate for Warwick's rework was still a suppression but requires you to land a skillshot like Vi Q. Take that how you will on his complexity

I could see riot being lazy and keeping Warwick's ult as a point and click suppression, but he has to channel the pounce first and maybe needs to get blood scent on them or something.

Basically just stealing illidans ult from hots wholesale (for the 2-3 people in this thread who have played hots)

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Can Warwick's new ult tear people's clothes off because currently its just not realistic enough thats the only reason.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
last 5 games i've queued adc / support and got adc every time 🤔

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

the problem with making WW have to dash for his ult is that it negates one of the big "gently caress your mobility creep" abilities and punishes those without them by virtue of being easier targets.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

the problem with making WW have to dash for his ult is that it negates one of the big "gently caress your mobility creep" abilities and punishes those without them by virtue of being easier targets.

yea, warwick ult making it so that champs with mobility can't use those abilities to stay outside of his range before ulting was always super strong

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Just make it work like fizz fish but ww is the projectile

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i bet he'll be able to dash to low health targets or some poo poo

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Tales of Woe posted:

He'll passively increase in damage based on proximity to low-hp targets

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.

Tales of Woe posted:

Do you mean something like the auto leap of Ivern Q or Rengar bush jump, where its a free dash?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

el dingo posted:

I need to up my support game a bit as I'm very confident with tanks but crap with poke/AP supports. I own Morgana and I'm ok ish with her but die way too often.

Who's a good ranged supp to learn the ropes? Don't say sona, she's boring as gently caress and I can't handle having no peel

The trick with a champ like morgana is you shouldn't just go fishing with your q unless you have some other kind of setup. It's too easy to miss/dodge and too risky to get all inned when it's down. Save your poke cc for stopping all ins, jungler ganks, or the (should be rare) situations where they're just completely open and have no means to retaliate.

It's easier with champs like zyra where their good harass tools are separate from their cc. Morgana is tricky the moment people start learning how to play around her q cooldowns and is more of a late game supp that's strength lies in picks/using her bs to stop picks.

If you want offensive poke in lane, zyra, zilean, vel koz, brand, and even lux are all probably a whole lot easier to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Here's my bold prediction:

He'll have a new three hit passive or active that steals life
One of his abilities will deal true damage
He'll have a dash
He'll have at least one skillshot now
He will immediately end up in top lane despite Riot claiming he's a jungler

• Locked thread