Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

CommieGIR posted:

Remember Martin Shkreli? The Pharma it that got indicted for price jumps on Pharmaceuticals? He got suspended from Twitter for harassing a Teen Vogue writer, by first inviting her to be his +1 to Trump's inauguration, then photoshooting himself over her husband's face and making creepy '+1 Forever' collages.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/martin-shkreli-suspended-from-twitter?bftw&utm_term=.gu3BgPWOzz#.bhlQKPlWNN

Modern performance art is loving weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Well, our favorite petulant, thin-skinned child is up and has heard about Meryl Streep being a meanie during her Golden Globe acceptance speech.

http://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/818419002548568064

http://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/818421066859167746

http://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/818422930157830144

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

I am probably one of billions of people outside the USA asking how the hell did they vote for this idiot.

But oh sweet babby Jeebus, I just cannot wait to see what he does, you guys are just hosed. :haw:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I think being attacked by Trump on Twitter is going to become a badge of honor for people.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I don't think we're doing the "why did Trump get elected" argument in here any more.

But I concur on the latter. Flying back on the 13th, thinking about throwing together a potluck and/or party on inauguration day.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

"Who doesn't know me-" is probably one of Trump's favorite tics. As if someone has to know him personally to think he's a piece of human garbage, and there's tons of people who do know him that would concur with that statement.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I just realized that any forms of economic statistics or reports are going to be completely irrelevant for the next 4/8 years. If Trump says things are fine because he's a good president, then they're fine, and he's a good president. QED.

:tif:

/edit: I guess you could also include foreign policy reports, intelligence, trade, immigration, crime, literally anything. A department reports that something not good is happening? Very dishonest. Hillary flunky. Beat so hard it doesn't know how to deal. Sad!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eh Still better than Comrade Sanders.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
There's a new candidate for dumbest thing I've heard in a while:

https://twitter.com/DavidWright_CNN/status/818442923750592512

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Ugh, the lying, pretty sure I saw footage of Trump mocking that reporter at a rally; but if he says it didn't happen; then it didn't happen!

His meltdown over Chuck Todd was pretty good yesterday, apparently they cut out a big chunk of Conway's interview and Trump didn't like that very much.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

bengy81 posted:

Ugh, the lying, pretty sure I saw footage of Trump mocking that reporter at a rally; but if he says it didn't happen; then it didn't happen!

That's the truly horrific part: He's not even lying about things that are obscure, this was LIVE TV and its all over the internet. He's lying about things that are, at this point, common knowledge.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommieGIR posted:

That's the truly horrific part: He's not even lying about things that are obscure, this was LIVE TV and its all over the internet. He's lying about things that are, at this point, common knowledge.

It's not like Lizard Women was that better of person. She's just has the common sense to be less out in the open about it. Also running the ad with the video 5000 times didn't even have much of an effect, besides annoy me during the Olmypics along with that coke commerical they kept running.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It's not like Lizard Women was that better of person. She's just has the common sense to be less out in the open about it.

Such as?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It's not like Lizard Women was that better of person. She's just has the common sense to be less out in the open about it. Also running the ad with the video 5000 times didn't even have much of an effect, besides annoy me during the Olmypics along with that coke commerical they kept running.

...what?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

CommieGIR posted:

It's about posture. Dominant posture. Aggressive posture. Defensive posture. Strong posture. Weak posture.

I've got some authoritarian family and they genuinely don't have a single solitary poo poo to give about whether 'the truth' is true or not.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
:siren: SHOTS FIRED BY US NAVY AT IRANIAN BOATS IN STRAIGHT OF HORMUZ :siren:

Phone posting from Monday morning meeting someone link

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Benjamin Netanyahu under pressure as investigation details leak

quote:

Reports that key member of coalition is sounding out potential replacement after Israeli PM questioned twice by detectives

The first investigation – Case 1000 – concerns regular gifts of expensive cigars to Netanyahu and pink champagne for his wife Sara given over the years by Arnon Milchan, the wealthy producer behind the films Fight Club and Pretty Woman who also owns shares in the Israeli television company Channel 10.

Neither Netanyahu nor Milchan denies the gifts, with the Israeli prime minister’s lawyer, Yaakov Weinroth, insisting last week that “any reasonable person knows that there is nothing remotely criminal involved when a close friend gives his friend a gift of cigars”.

The second inquiry, however, had been kept under wraps in conditions of the tightest secrecy, although it had been said to relate to Netanyahu’s relationship with another very wealthy Israeli businessman and allegations of influence trading.

Pressure has mounted on Netanyahu over the weekend with a series of new leaks from both cases, including the claim that he had intervened on Milchan’s behalf with the US secretary of state, John Kerry, to help Milchan acquire a 10-year visa.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Waroduce posted:

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN14T1AX

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1990s Hillary and the idea she genuinely cares about people....but more importantly we appear to be lighting up on Iranian ship.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Waroduce posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/09/politics/us-iran-warning-shots/index.html

I don't even know who's going to be a good news source on this these days.

ReebTop
May 17, 2003
Do we still not have any carriers in the water, or is it just none in the ME?

Edit: Is this OPSEC? I don't even know any more.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Friend just said BMEWS picked up a hot signature over Alaska.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

ReebTop posted:

Do we still not have any carriers in the water, or is it just none in the ME?

Edit: Is this OPSEC? I don't even know any more.

As recently as 2014 we had carriers routinely occupying the Indian Ocean to fly missions to Afghanistan, and with the situation in Yemen still active I see no reason why that wouldn't still be the case.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Sweet, I live near Seattle.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Blind Rasputin posted:

Friend just said BMEWS picked up a hot signature over Alaska.

Russian drive by, probably.

Waroduce posted:

The usual, Iranian trolling and warning shots.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Eh Still better than Comrade Sanders.

How?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Hey guys my buddy at Cheyenne Mountain just told me the bugs got Buenos Aires.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
The only good bug is a dead bug.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

holocaust bloopers posted:

Hey guys my buddy at Cheyenne Mountain just told me the bugs got Buenos Aires.

I say kill 'em all!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Would you like to know more?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I'm doing my part.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I'm already a citizen :colbert:

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Join the fight!

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/RussianEmbassy/status/818439246214262784

poor pepe being co-opted by nazis and ruskies

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

facialimpediment posted:

There's a new candidate for dumbest thing I've heard in a while:

https://twitter.com/DavidWright_CNN/status/818442923750592512

Is she hinting what I think? Starring Peter Sellers as the President who started WWIII because he had Tourette's.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

psydude posted:

As recently as 2014 we had carriers routinely occupying the Indian Ocean to fly missions to Afghanistan, and with the situation in Yemen still active I see no reason why that wouldn't still be the case.

Because we deferred maintenance and stretched deployments so often over the past 10 years that it's biting us in the rear end and we don't have enough carriers for the next few years to maintain our usual operations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I wish we could just go back to a simpler time when it felt good to pee with your pants all the way down

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Godholio posted:

Because we deferred maintenance and stretched deployments so often over the past 10 years that it's biting us in the rear end and we don't have enough carriers for the next few years to maintain our usual operations.

We have 10 active carriers, and 2 under construction, and 1 more planned. Even if half of them went to drydock, we'd still have more than any other Nation currently in operation.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jan 9, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Yep. But that's not the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Godholio posted:

Yep. But that's not the issue.

Well, take heart that if we've learned anything from Russia, its that they are not very good at planning long distance Naval operations yet, considering they nearly ran their carrier heading to Syria out of fuel.

• Locked thread