Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundercakes
Nov 4, 2011
Sooo many teams tonight are apparently allergic to the caps. One game they literally formed a crescent around the edge of the cap but wouldn't go in. It had 1 ship inside of it holding like 5 people at bay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

Help, its me, I'm the whale. Here is my premium ship list now:

mikasa (mission reward)
yubari
ishi
fujin
kamikaze r (mission reward)
atago
ark beta
marblehead(santa)
texas(santa)
arizona(santa)
sims
atlanta
indianapolis
saipan
nikolai
gremy
murmansk
molotov
kutuzov
emden (mission reward)
graf spee
scharnhorst
prinz eugen (santa)
tirpitz
warsprite (santa)
belfast
blys
anshen (santa)
lo yang,
dunk

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Albany (giveaway, sold it, still have the captain)
Emden (quest reward)
Tachibana (quest reward)
Aurora (giveaway)
Murmansk (holiday box)
Kamikaze (bought on sale)
Texas (holiday box)
Dunkerque (bought on sale)
Molotov (bought on sale using doubloons from holiday box)
Atlanta (holiday box)
Indianapolis (holiday box)
Blyskawica (bought on sale)
Atago (holiday box)

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

For me it was less the boats and more the over two years of premium I had.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
:same: (well almost)

Still annoyed I didn't bother picking up a Belfast and Perth when they were on sale since I was taking a break during that period.

Torbo
Jun 12, 2007
I happy with my premuims. I have

tachibana
mikasa
Kamikaze R
Aurora
Albany
Ark Beta
Sims
Atlanta
Emden
Konig Albert
Warspite
Anshan

Of those, I preordered the sims, bought the atlanta on sale, konig albert was half price in dubloons, and warspite and anshan were from holiday boxes. Of all the reward ones, the kamikaze and Ark Beta are my favorite, and the only ones i really play. I really wanted a warspite, and so im super happy to have that. If i were to do it over, id probably still buy the atlanta and sims, but a sharnost or atago instead would be tempting. Also the konig albert is probably the best 1100 dubloons ive spent. It super fun. Its a kaiser one tier lower, with range as really the only nerf.

edit: wish i had a belfast

Torbo fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 9, 2017

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
Tried three more captain's boxes before this whole thing goes away. Twenty Anniversary camos, one hundred Equal Speed Charlie Londons.

I should've bought a twelve pack of beer instead. Would've had more enjoyment out of that as opposed to the two hundred games I'm going to have to play with these things on to make these boxes worth it.

Thundercakes
Nov 4, 2011

Who needs caps when you can chase a Yorck around the map? All those BB were in A while I was fighting the dudes at B in the gap between A and B. Instead of coming to help like I asked they literally chased it around the map the entire game.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I wish I had remembered to re-enable replays so I could give you a replay of some of these amazingly terrible games tonight. Especially the one where the enemy should have gotten solo warrior but hosed it up.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Is this final set of Graf Spee missions timelocked like the last ones? Or can I do the final task immediately once I have the three pins?

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Lakedaimon posted:

Is this final set of Graf Spee missions timelocked like the last ones? Or can I do the final task immediately once I have the three pins?

Last time lock ended today

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Well, last box purchase got me an Anshan, guess I'm going to call it good from here on.
Final ship box tally:
Indianapolis
Texas
Arizona
Marblehead
Anshan
Emden

Used extra doubloons to get an Atago.

I've got about 240+ Ocean Soul camos, 100ish Halloween camos, 50 or so Raging Fire (commander boost), 100+ Anniversary camos and about 200 New Years camos.
I will say that having 150% extra xp in every game has really done well for easing up on the grind. Even mediocre games will do 4k+ xp. The downside is now I don't have the money for anything.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
3 captain box got me 120 ocean souls.
I swear EU boxes only gives ocean souls camo...

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
One last set of $3 boxes.

Flamu vid.

Nikolai get!

Brings me to 29 premium ships.

El_Molestadore
Apr 2, 2005

Time to die hero

Hammerstein posted:

There are plenty of older gamers around, even SA has it's share like Tokai, and they are usually quite competent. Being 60+ does not mean that you suddenly lose all mental and motoric functions.

Is that guy back? I remember he was banned and the listed reason was "having an encyclopedic knowledge of age of consent laws around the world".

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Krogort posted:

3 captain box got me 120 ocean souls.
I swear EU boxes only gives ocean souls camo...
I actually bought a half dozen boxes the other night in hopes of getting these cause they're really nice when you're going up a tree. I've got something like 500ish combined +100% XP camos and it's great.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
I'm not sure I'll be able to use all the camos I have got in these boxes. I have 200k free xp now for all the double xp camos and papa papa flags I've been using.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

I just got my first tier X. The Hindenburg. I have no idea if this was a good move. I also got the Fiji. This was a good move.

Thundercakes
Nov 4, 2011

Thundercakes posted:

Who needs caps when you can chase a Yorck around the map? All those BB were in A while I was fighting the dudes at B in the gap between A and B. Instead of coming to help like I asked they literally chased it around the map the entire game.

Heh I forgot about the Murmansk who, upon the team agreeing to cap A-B, got mad that "all these drat backseat drivers are telling me how to drive my ship." So he promptly sailed to the other cap alone, died ASAP and taunted us for not leaving our mom's basement and to report him for not doing what we told him to. Apparently wanting to be good and having fun are mutually exclusive, you get to choose one or the other. :confused:

Yesterday was all sorts of interesting.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
My god the Fuso is an insanely good ship if you don't try to sit at 20k. Play it at between 10k and 14k it absolutely wrecks everything.

I got into a 14k dual with a Bismarck and deleted it with half my HP left.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Fuso is the only IJN battleship I liked, nothing else between tier 3 and 8 has been worth much of anything.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

there is no better compliment

Iceshade fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jan 9, 2017

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

ZombieLenin posted:

My god the Fuso is an insanely good ship if you don't try to sit at 20k. Play it at between 10k and 14k it absolutely wrecks everything.

A shameful Bismark.

Iceshade posted:

there is no better compliment

Yeah it definitely takes cheats to set a ship on fire :laugh:

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner

ZombieLenin posted:

It's a fantastic HE spammer. I've done more than 120k games in it when bottom tier. As long as you don't show your broadside, it's also pretty robust.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

ZombieLenin posted:

I'm loving the Fuso just now as well, I've not bought the range upgrade as it doesn't seem necessary, just get into that nice zone between 10K-15K and start going to town.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

NTRabbit posted:

Fuso is the only IJN battleship I liked, nothing else between tier 3 and 8 has been worth much of anything.

Good to know. I wasn't particularly impressed with through Kongo. So unimpressed I sold her with 40k left before Fuso.

Then I unlocked Fuso through the Christmas Convoy missions and decided to give it a shot, and it just wrecks poo poo.

So I thought... maybe IJN battleships aren't so bad, but if is the best ship in the line through tier 8, I'm probably done at her.

Aramoro posted:

I'm loving the Fuso just now as well, I've not bought the range upgrade as it doesn't seem necessary, just get into that nice zone between 10K-15K and start going to town.

I took off the range upgrade when I decided that sniping wasn't the best way to use the ship and slapped the aiming upgrade on. I figured the lower the dispersion, the more of those wonderful shells make it into the target, and the better the chance I can delete cruisers who stupidly broadside me.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jan 9, 2017

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

ZombieLenin posted:

Good to know. I wasn't particularly impressed with through Kongo. So unimpressed I sold her with 40k left before Fuso.

Then I unlocked Fuso through the Christmas Convoy missions and decided to give it a shot, and it just wrecks poo poo.

So I thought... maybe IJN battleships aren't so bad, but if is the best ship in the line through tier 8, I'm probably done at her.

Note: NTRabbit is wrong about everything. The IJN BBs good from 5 to 10.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

ZombieLenin posted:

I took off the range upgrade when I decided that sniping wasn't the best way to use the ship and slapped the aiming upgrade on. I figured the lower the dispersion, the more of those wonderful shells make it into the target, and the better the chance I can delete cruisers who stupidly broadside me.

Ah yes I said upgrade I ment module. I have the dispersion one on. I always seem to fit that one, not sure if it's the right call but I like it.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Aramoro posted:

Just get into that nice zone between 10K-15K and start going to town.

This seems to be literally how to battleship at least on the lower tiers. I'm on the New Mex and Konig, but literally every game I'm trying to get within that range for everything. On the New Mex I run the range mod just because your speed can make for more disadvantageous situations and I'd rather have that little bit extra buffer in being able to engage at 16+ km rather than have to force situations. The Konig is hilarious survivable in nearly all situations and the New Mex if kept angle can truck for loving ever. I'm not sure if the Japanese BBs will match up to that particular style...seems more speed and glass cannon like.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
10-14km is typically where your immunity zone is. Close enough so you don't get plunging fire penetrations through the deck, far enough away that you aren't taking big hits through the belt (assuming you are properly angled).

If you're properly angled at this range and the enemy is not, you can rack up huge damage without taking much damage from incoming fire.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Vengarr posted:

Kongo is meh, Fuso is good, Nagato can't do what a battleship needs to do in the current game design, and I challenge anyone to keep a straight face while trying to argue the merits of the Amagi over Bismarck and North Carolina.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

rex rabidorum vires posted:

This seems to be literally how to battleship at least on the lower tiers. I'm on the New Mex and Konig, but literally every game I'm trying to get within that range for everything. On the New Mex I run the range mod just because your speed can make for more disadvantageous situations and I'd rather have that little bit extra buffer in being able to engage at 16+ km rather than have to force situations. The Konig is hilarious survivable in nearly all situations and the New Mex if kept angle can truck for loving ever. I'm not sure if the Japanese BBs will match up to that particular style...seems more speed and glass cannon like.

I had a pretty hilarious game in my Kaiser where I charged into 3 other BB's another Kaiser, Wyoming and Myogi as they were all just firing HE at me so I closed to 6km-10km of them all started unloading AP into their broadsides. I was on fire forever but killed 2 of them and ran away from the third to put myself out and repair. Finished on 100K damage.

That is one of my biggest tips of new players is know what to fire at people and know what people are firing at you as it makes all the difference in knowing when to press an when to turn.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Vengarr posted:

Among non-premium BBs their stats are, from best to worst:
T5: Konig, Kongo, New York
T6: Fuso, Bayern, New Mex
T7: Gneise, Nagato, Colorado
T8: Bismark, Amagi, NC
T9: Frederick, Iowa, Izumo
T10: Yamato, Kurfurst, Montana

By stats, IJN BBs are a close second to German BBs. US BBs are markedly worst.

If you include premium ships, the non-prem IJN BBs get worse, coming in at positions:

T5:7/8
T6: 3/6
T7: 3/4
T8: 2/4
T9: 4/4
T10: 1/3

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

silly Nagato, you think that mountain will protect you

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Amagi isn't really much worse than Bismarck or North Carolina. It plays a lot like the Kongo, so if you hated the Kongo I can see not liking the Amagi. Battleship speed is a huge asset in the hands of a good player, but if you aren't careful it'll get you into a lot of trouble.

I have much better average damage in the Amagi than the NC, but a much worse win rate. It's not a ship you can easily carry in, for sure.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I love fast battleships so when I get the Amagi I'll probably love it. :toot:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Vengarr posted:

Amagi isn't really much worse than Bismarck or North Carolina.

It kind of is though. All but one of the Amagi's advantages over the other two are based on guns - having 10 v 9 and 8, and having longer range than Bismarck, and much faster AP shells than NorCal. Those advantages are nullified by all battleship shooting out that far being a crap shoot, by a poor gun arrangement that requires exposing way too much broadside to use them all, and by having what appears to be weak, lightweight AP shells, and yes this is still true with the C hull. Even given a free broadside, the 9 gun volley from the North Carolina is far more potent than the 10 guns of Amagi. Mean time Bismarck is king of everything inside 10km, with superior ability to soak damage to both. Amagi's also got the weakest AA suite of the three.

The only other advantages Amagi has is 6 guns to the rear vs 4 and 3, and silly good torpedo damage reduction, which are novelty value at best.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

I love fast battleships so when I get the Amagi I'll probably love it. :toot:

I like my battleships to move and still be able to carry, that's why the German line was the first I crawled to tier 10 on.

I am about 50k xp away from the North Carolina, and I am just now "getting" the Colorado. The slowness of the tier IV-VII American battleships I really struggled with after playing through the German BB line.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Aramoro posted:

I had a pretty hilarious game in my Kaiser where I charged into 3 other BB's another Kaiser, Wyoming and Myogi as they were all just firing HE at me so I closed to 6km-10km of them all started unloading AP into their broadsides. I was on fire forever but killed 2 of them and ran away from the third to put myself out and repair. Finished on 100K damage.

That is one of my biggest tips of new players is know what to fire at people and know what people are firing at you as it makes all the difference in knowing when to press an when to turn.

Kaiser is legit crazy OP IMO. Just looking at my own personal stats it's

Dunk - GP: 27 DMG 57.7k
Kaiser - GP: 23 DMG 57.2k
Konig - GP: 24 DMG 57.2k
Texas - GP: 16 DMG 55.2k
New Mex - GP: 13 DMG 50.1k

Now part of this might be a combination of small sample size and I'm still improving, but good lord in heaven is the Kaiser crazy. Played one game this morning before doing stuff around the house and had Epicenter tier 5 game in the Konig with only 3 BBs per side. 97.5k damage, 3 kills, and 1 full cap with 2 assists. 'Nuff said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

[Ask] me about having averaging 90k dam with a 33% win rate on sunday :(

probably should have expected the graf spee mission rush