Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

That's a Kanye lyric if that helps you at all. I want it too <:mad:>

Oh! Thank you. I am supremely uncool and only aware of Kanye from putting "Liz Lemon" in front of his tweets and pretending he's Tracy Jordan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
"Ew! He did a {long pause while thinking} mouth booger!"

A non-productive cough I've had for about a week decider to randomly become productive while I was holding something and couldn't bring my hand up in time.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I showed Elf to the tenth graders today (last class period before a long weekend.) I love showing this movie to Chinese kids because it's interesting to see the parts they find funny. Most of the Christmas stuff goes over their heads, because they don't really have a cultural touchstone for it, but they love it when Buddy puts candy on his spaghetti and eats it with his hands.

One of the shyer students didn't seem to think it was too funny. When I passed his desk, he whispered, "Fleta, is it okay to laugh at the natural man?"

(Natural man= whatever the PC term for "mentally challenged" is these days.)

Anyways, I paused the movie and asked them if China and the USA have the same culture. They said no. Then I asked where Buddy was from ("North................north?") and if he had the same culture as the people in New York if he was from another country. They had a bit of an "Aha!" moment. Or they wanted me to shut up, either one.

Also, one of the seniors has coined the word "drugster" for a person who takes drugs. On a recent essay, she wrote, "Some people like to hit the pipe, like drugsters." I need to ask her where she heard "hit the pipe."

Drugster makes sense, if you think about it. Gangster= person in a gang, so drugster= person who takes drugs. I'll teach her the real term, of course, but I appreciate her logic.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

My 4 year-old daughter was playing quietly in her room for an hour or so when she suddenly emerged from her room, marched up to me, and told me nonchalantly:

"Daddy, you were wrong." :geno:

And marched back to her room.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
We're on a family road trip and I asked my 9 yr old niece when we need to be ready to go the next day.

Her: "I think whenever because it's a short day. The only thing we're doing is the Horsey Heehaw."

Me: "Horsey Heehaw? I thought we were going to the Petrified Forest."

Her: "Yeah, that's it, the Petrified Forest."

I have no idea where she got Horsey Heehaw.

JustinMorgan
Apr 27, 2010
3 year old nephew *running around in circles in my living room*
Me: "Stop that! What are you doing? "
Him: *stops, looks at me, smiles * "I'M NUTS! "

Same nephew wakes up from nap, looks at me, "Mom?"
Me: "I'm not your mom! You're crazy! "
Him: "I'm crazy? "
7 year old niece: "He's just like his father!"

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Also, one of the seniors has coined the word "drugster" for a person who takes drugs. On a recent essay, she wrote, "Some people like to hit the pipe, like drugsters." I need to ask her where she heard "hit the pipe."

Drugster makes sense, if you think about it. Gangster= person in a gang, so drugster= person who takes drugs. I'll teach her the real term, of course, but I appreciate her logic.
Yeah, "drugster" is actually a pretty deft coinage for an English language learner.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, "drugster" is actually a pretty deft coinage for an English language learner.

Sounds like a term out of a Gibson or Stephenson cyberpunk novel.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Rihanna must be proud of her latest essay, because she just sent it to me over WeChat. I have no idea what class this is for, but I would give her an A (cup) regardless:

"For instance, there were countless thylacines that lived in [OTHER TEACHER SHE HAS A CRUSH ON]-[RIHANNA] in Azores originally, however, after humans use those large areas to build houses, the available land which is suitable for thylacines to survive becomes less. Consequently, the number of sheep is becoming stronger because limited thylacines come to catch them, which means there are no more potential predators like before to capture them.

To make matters worse, some sheep have to enter humans' houses to have meals since their populations are too enormous to survive in this small room. So we often heard that in Azores, there was a sheep popped its head in and looked around the house inquisitively, trying to find food when people are having sex with their partner and even benefits. This situation is really awkward because if the sheep wants to join them, then people will get in a big trouble. Probably, people will lose their virginities.So providing enough land for those animals will largely kill such terrible cases like this."

As an osteoarchaeologist, I have tutored undergraduates with a less cohesive and FAR less titillating understanding of sedentism.

also I am dying

e: I asked her; this was for her TOEFL Writing class. She's miffed because the teacher told her not to write about sex on the TOEFL.

ee: she just sent me an mp3 of "Bitch Better Have My Money."

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 16:07 on Jan 4, 2017

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Found on Reddit:

quote:

My 5-year-old daughter was riding in the back seat autobabbling away. Eventually she said, "Daddy, I don't think you know this, but when I was young, I used to pick up little bits of things off the floor and put them in my mouth."
"Really? What kind of things, sweetie?"
"Pieces of paper, fuzzies, things like that."
A thoughtful look crossed her face, like she was trying to make a really difficult decision that would determine her fate. Finally she settled on honesty.
"...and I definitely ate a flower once."

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

trickybiscuits posted:

Found on Reddit:

Kid's going to have her own show on the Food Network one day.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

"Avian influenza has a puissant infectivity."

true enough!

"Family looks just like estuary of softly fragrant."

That was the single sentence in this student's essay not copied from Wikipedia.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Tomorrow is the last day of school and finals were last week (Asia!) so we're basically spinning our wheels with just-for-fun activities. I decided to play Exquisite Corpse with the tenth graders. This was the funniest (and most coherent) story. Please note that Bluse/Bluce (he has not standardized the spelling), Jessica, and Eason are the three students who wrote it.

One night, Bluse went to his girlfriend's home.
One night, Jessica went to her boyfriend's home.
Yesterday, Eason is dead.
Today, Bluce is turned woman.
and Fleta is a beautiful girl
and she is sixty years old. (Note: :mad:)
My girlfriend is also 60 years old.
She is a sexy grandmother!
So Bluce is very love her.
Grandmother very like Bluse.
So they get married.
They live so happily!
Day by day, they live better!
Everyone was very healthy!
They ate vegetables every day.
and they have ten kids
and they have one thousand kids
and grandmother is dead
Bluce is very sad
because his son Eason is dead
and his daughter Jessica is dead
end

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Watching a roommate play Rimworld, ended up talking about cats and diets. I mention offhand "Anybody that tries to put their cat on a vegetarian diet needs to have their teeth knocked out." (I don't like mistreatment of animals)

Roommate's kid then says "If they had their teeth knocked out, they'd need to get all their teeth replaced."

Well yeah, I suppose that is the logical conclusion there, kid.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Tomorrow is the last day of school and finals were last week (Asia!) so we're basically spinning our wheels with just-for-fun activities. I decided to play Exquisite Corpse with the tenth graders. This was the funniest (and most coherent) story. Please note that Bluse/Bluce (he has not standardized the spelling), Jessica, and Eason are the three students who wrote it.

One night, Bluse went to his girlfriend's home.
One night, Jessica went to her boyfriend's home.
Yesterday, Eason is dead.
Today, Bluce is turned woman.
and Fleta is a beautiful girl
and she is sixty years old. (Note: :mad:)
My girlfriend is also 60 years old.
She is a sexy grandmother!
So Bluce is very love her.
Grandmother very like Bluse.
So they get married.
They live so happily!
Day by day, they live better!
Everyone was very healthy!
They ate vegetables every day.
and they have ten kids
and they have one thousand kids
and grandmother is dead
Bluce is very sad
because his son Eason is dead
and his daughter Jessica is dead
end

A gripping tale of grief and parthogenesis

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry
Overheard while I was stocking shelves:

Kid: Mommy!
Mom: What?
Kid: I'm the best!

Kid: Daddy!
Kid: Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!
Kid: DADDY!
Dad: What?!
Kid : (real quiet) I'm the best.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Rihanna was in the office this morning, talking to one of the Chinese teachers, when she suddenly screamed "STOP STARING AT MY BOOBS!!!!!!!!!!!" :byodame:

Neither of them will give me the context. I asked her if people say that to her often and she just said, "I like it!"

Okay.

Sorry for posting so much; it's the last day of class, so I probably won't have any more stories until February.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

meatbag posted:

Overheard while I was stocking shelves:

Kid: Mommy!
Mom: What?
Kid: I'm the best!

Kid: Daddy!
Kid: Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!
Kid: DADDY!
Dad: What?!
Kid : (real quiet) I'm the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUyyHYkBHk

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Last one, I promise.

We had a parents' meeting today. Guess who was my translator? If you guessed "Rihanna," you win!

Since the parents didn't really want to talk to me, or the other foreign teacher, we just sat and chatted.

1. Rihanna has a secret power. If she stares at your boobs, they will get bigger! She offered to try it on her male classmates, all of whom responded, "I don't want that." There were also no takers among the office ladies. I asked her why she doesn't do it for herself, and she said it doesn't work like that. I suggested she stand in front of a mirror.

2. Rihanna does a good impression of our (female) principal. I asked her to say something and, in the principal's voice, she said, "i am a man! I can show you my penis." She whispered the last word.

3. RIHANNA: "Do you know the c-word?"
ME: "Uh, yeah. Do YOU know the c-word?"
RIHANNA: "Yes."
ME: "Okay, so what does it mean?"
RIHANNA: *looking away* "Something you can enjoy."
ME: "More specifically."
RIHANNA: "It's nice."
ME: "....?"
RIHANNA: "[Classmate] likes it."
ME: "..."
RIHANNA: "She eats it all the time. I don't like it!"
ME: "......................Oh, seaweed."
:stare:

Right about then, a parent walked over with a question. When he left, Rihanna whispered, "Super awkward."

And, not related, but one of the worst boys in that class told me he really likes Bojack Horseman. I am proud.

Okay, that's it! Vacation time! :yay:

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
My nephew is 7. Despite what his parents have told him, he keeps calling my girlfriend and I "roommates." We're gay and this makes his mother really embarrassed when he asks questions like "are you guys going to be roommates forever?" Or "If you move apartments do you think you'd still be roommates?" We explained to him that we were like his mom and dad, so we would want to stay together regardless of apartment.
"Oh, ok. But if you have a house do you think you'll still be roommates?"

I think he's mostly trying gauge if he will still be able to come to our house and hang out/eat tacos/go to the Lego store.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I think he's pressuring you to get married, probably almost entirely so he will get to have cake.

ThatSlacker
May 25, 2004
My daughter and I were cooking things in the kitchen and I dropped a bit of food. As I picked it up and put it in the garbage she asked "why don't you just push it under the cabinet?" I explained that I'm the one that normally cleans the kitchen and that I'd just have to clean it up later anyway. She replied "I think Mom takes advantage of that."

Yes, yes she does.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

AlbieQuirky posted:

I think he's pressuring you to get married, probably almost entirely so he will get to have cake.

That's not the main reason anyone gets married?

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

ThatSlacker posted:

My daughter and I were cooking things in the kitchen and I dropped a bit of food. As I picked it up and put it in the garbage she asked "why don't you just push it under the cabinet?" I explained that I'm the one that normally cleans the kitchen and that I'd just have to clean it up later anyway. She replied "I think Mom takes advantage of that."

Yes, yes she does.
You need a dog.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Last one, I promise.

We had a parents' meeting today. Guess who was my translator? If you guessed "Rihanna," you win!

Since the parents didn't really want to talk to me, or the other foreign teacher, we just sat and chatted.

1. Rihanna has a secret power. If she stares at your boobs, they will get bigger! She offered to try it on her male classmates, all of whom responded, "I don't want that." There were also no takers among the office ladies. I asked her why she doesn't do it for herself, and she said it doesn't work like that. I suggested she stand in front of a mirror.

2. Rihanna does a good impression of our (female) principal. I asked her to say something and, in the principal's voice, she said, "i am a man! I can show you my penis." She whispered the last word.

3. RIHANNA: "Do you know the c-word?"
ME: "Uh, yeah. Do YOU know the c-word?"
RIHANNA: "Yes."
ME: "Okay, so what does it mean?"
RIHANNA: *looking away* "Something you can enjoy."
ME: "More specifically."
RIHANNA: "It's nice."
ME: "....?"
RIHANNA: "[Classmate] likes it."
ME: "..."
RIHANNA: "She eats it all the time. I don't like it!"
ME: "......................Oh, seaweed."
:stare:

Right about then, a parent walked over with a question. When he left, Rihanna whispered, "Super awkward."

And, not related, but one of the worst boys in that class told me he really likes Bojack Horseman. I am proud.

Okay, that's it! Vacation time! :yay:

Do you speak Chinese at all, or are you solely at the mercy of a hilarious child for translation purposes?

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
My nephew is 2 and speech delayed so he mostly signs. When a baby cries he always thinks the baby needs milk and signs "milk" to his mom (usually while pointing to her chest).

This is great when he knocks his little brother over, his little brother cries, and he tells his mom the baby must need milk.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Observed at the mall yesterday.

Child(3-ish?) running to catch up with parents: Paw-kouw!
Dad: (Thrusting both arms in the air) Parkour!
Mom: (Thrusting both arms in the air) Parkour!

Child runs to raised sitting bench along landscaping element. Stops, slowly and C A R E F U L Y climbs atop the bench one knee at a time, walks slowly along the length and does the drop-to-butt, lower one foot at a time method to get back down on the ground.
"Paw-kouw!" (Thrusting both arms in the air)

:3:

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
There was a family sitting behind us at a diner for breakfast the other day, with a little boy who was about 3 or 4. He chattered nonstop the whole time we were there. At one point his mom/aunt/whatever asked the waitress for cream and sugar for her coffee, and he stopped chattering to say "You put cream and sugar in your coffee? Seriously?"

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Another podcast that tunes into this theme:

Cadavercast: a Father-Son Monster Movie Podcast is pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. A dude and his five-year-old kid discuss monster movies. I've only listened to the newest and the first episode so far, but the kid just exudes :3:. Dude knows his poo poo already concerning monster movies.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012

CaptainCrunch posted:

Observed at the mall yesterday.

Child(3-ish?) running to catch up with parents: Paw-kouw!
Dad: (Thrusting both arms in the air) Parkour!
Mom: (Thrusting both arms in the air) Parkour!

Child runs to raised sitting bench along landscaping element. Stops, slowly and C A R E F U L Y climbs atop the bench one knee at a time, walks slowly along the length and does the drop-to-butt, lower one foot at a time method to get back down on the ground.
"Paw-kouw!" (Thrusting both arms in the air)

:3:

Fantastic kid. Fantastic parents.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Do you speak Chinese at all, or are you solely at the mercy of a hilarious child for translation purposes?

The latter. Usually, the seniors do the translations for us, but they left school early. If you are gonna ask why the students are doing the translating, I'd guess the answer is "chabudwo." Good practice for them, though, and Rihanna has better English than a few of my coworkers.

To her credit, she seems to have done a good job. Parents were actually happy with me instead of telling me I must force their child to do homework or asking me why they failed classes I don't teach.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Walked on a bluff along the beach with my parents yesterday & we saw some hanggliders. Another family with a ~2 year old kid were coming from the other direction & stopped to look at the gliders.

Kid to the nearest hangglider: :byodood: what's your name!!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

*In a very serious tone of voice*
You're not supposed to touch poop...Or eat it

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

FreudianSlippers posted:

*In a very serious tone of voice*
You're not supposed to touch poop...Or eat it

Sounds like a something awful poster in the making.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Powaqoatse posted:

Walked on a bluff along the beach with my parents yesterday & we saw some hanggliders. Another family with a ~2 year old kid were coming from the other direction & stopped to look at the gliders.

Kid to the nearest hangglider: :byodood: what's your name!!

Man, toddlers can be so happy meeting new people. :kimchi:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Kid A: You aren't allowed to eat people.
Kid B: People aren't food.
Kid C: Only food is food.

All 3 years old.

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 12:13 on Feb 1, 2017

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
My coworker is raising her 3-year-old grandson and I have met him a few times, but I don't see him all the time or anything. However, my house is on their path to work/daycare and she points it out to him. He has concocted a long, elaborate story about how I am his girlfriend, and talks about it every time they drive past my house. :3:

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
My almost five year old is cranking out gems daily:

Me, Husband, Son eating chili:

H: Cheese makes everything better
S: Not your face!
M: *Snorts chili out of my nose laughing so hard*

This morning:

S: Can I take these pennies to put in the giving jar at school?
H: Sure, just put them in your pocket
S: I know a safer place *starts to put them down his pants*
H: No! We don't keep things in our pants!
S, puzzled: We keep our penis and butt there
M: Touche

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

He's figured out the hiding place system, clearly :D

Thanks for sharing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
My stepmum and her almost-4 year old grandson today:

:j: What does Auntie Jane have?
:haw: BIG BOOBIES