Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I actually don't mind Josh when he's just talking about technical film-making criteria like the re:views he's in, when he's trying to be funny is when I start getting annoyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

WampaLord posted:

All of the casting has been spot on for the most part. Only the Hulks had issues, until we got Ruffalo.

Dr Cumberbatch

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

FrensaGeran posted:

Dr Cumberbatch

He was fine, they should have just let him have a British accent. Say he grew up there but then came to America for med school.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Who the gently caress is Josh? Is he the same person as Jack? I ignore everyone but the 3 funny guys

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Delthalaz posted:

Who the gently caress is Josh? Is he the same person as Jack? I ignore everyone but the 3 funny guys

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Delthalaz posted:

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

It's like someone is holding a mirror to GBS

naem
May 29, 2011

a bone to pick posted:

Sorry my jokes are so bad, we can't all be as charismatic and funny as Mike Stoklasa.

*Mike looks deadpan at the camera*

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

naem posted:

*Mike looks deadpan at the camera*

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I like jay's spoopy skull monster shirt. Is that from a game or just a pixel art geek culture thing?

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

WampaLord posted:

He was fine, they should have just let him have a British accent. Say he grew up there but then came to America for med school.

His accent wasn't just bad, it was very specifically Dr. House MD. Like if it had just been any American accident I wouldn't have even minded as much, but I was wondering why that didn't just straight up cast Hugh Laurie.

The answer is because he would have resolved every situation with sarcasm instead of special effects.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

revdrkevind posted:

His accent wasn't just bad, it was very specifically Dr. House MD. Like if it had just been any American accident I wouldn't have even minded as much, but I was wondering why that didn't just straight up cast Hugh Laurie.

The answer is because he would have resolved every situation with sarcasm instead of special effects.

hugh laurie doesnt draw in millions of teenage tumblr fanfic writers

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Robo Reagan posted:

hugh laurie doesnt draw in millions of teenage tumblr fanfic writers

Oh how loving wrong you are.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

FedEx Mercury posted:

I mean more like a light-hearted adventure movie, like the first Pirates of the Carribean.

Was Stardust in the last decade? That movie is great.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Check It Out!

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

The Rabbi T. White posted:

2007, so while not this decade its about 10 years old. Great movie, too.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

The Rabbi T. White posted:

I got tricked into watching that that! Very upset about it to this day.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Stardust is great.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.

dreezy posted:

gently caress josh and gently caress the the video.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
A Good Video about a Good Movie.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I kinda want to see True Stories, since the idea of watching David Byrne wandering around like that just makes me laugh. I lost it when they showed him handling the steering wheel.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
You guys seriously hate the forgettable fat beardo? He's totally forgettable like wallpaper. I never watch their video game reviews though. I hate that bald creep Jack he makes my skin crawl.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Jack Packard looks like a penis where they botched the circumcision.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I just started watching these and they all seem like fairly likable people with good humor. Though I have the feeling that the cute lady type gets creeped on a great deal.

Mozi fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 9, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Are people talking about Jack?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJP8J84vzTA

naem
May 29, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Stardust is great.

The book is great, the movie is a couple of old famous people mugging for the camera and ignoring the book

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Jack can be funny and the fact that he has a literal clown degree makes him a OK in my book

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
Jack rules because he doesn't take himself seriously and seems like a genuinely nice person to be around.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Mozi posted:

I just started watching these and they all seem like fairly likable people with good humor. Though I have the feeling that the cute lady type gets creeped on a great deal.

Not by them. But that's the reason she isn't in videos anymore, creepy comments on the videos.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

greatn posted:

Not by them. But that's the reason she isn't in videos anymore, creepy comments on the videos.

Such a shame, Jessie owned and the core 4 should be Mike, Jay, Jessie, Rich Evans but the loving awful internet people had to go insane over a girl.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

greatn posted:

That's what I meant, yeah.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

The Archaic posted:

Jack rules because he doesn't take himself seriously and seems like a genuinely nice person to be around.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

WampaLord posted:

Such a shame, Jessie owned and the core 4 should be Mike, Jay, Jessie, Rich Evans but the loving awful internet people had to go insane over a girl.

i miss jessie she was really funny and she wasn't a balding scrote.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

dreezy posted:

i miss jessie she was really funny and she wasn't a balding scrote.

My favorite RLM ever is her delightful scream when she realizes the laser letters are spelling "SHOJI"

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Stardust the Super Wizard is great.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Jack is okay now, this is known

Josh was so terrible that it has elevated Jack beyond all measure and now he's...okay

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
Is True Stories obscure? Never person I know besides me has watched it or was in it. I live in Texas though. Pray for me.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I've never heard of it and it looks dumb af

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

whats wrong with your faaace its bent weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I've never heard of True Stories, but it looks right up my alley. Like Gummo, but fun for all ages.

• Locked thread