Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Looks like Ben Shapiro just disproved Bernie... WITH HIS OWN LOGIC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/soft_btw/status/817992490137612288

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
When Chapo started cold opening with clips from Ben Shapiro's show, I thought they were parodies they made themselves. It didn't occur to me that someone could be so stupid, unfunny, and obsessed with transgirl cock all at once.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

The more I'm exposed to Dan Nainan the more I respect his hustle. You gotta work hard to be that unfunny and still find people to give you money to perform comedy. It's not like there's a lot of dark money out there to prop up failson comedians.

...is there?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
he cons his way into playing some corporate retreat. he sucks but the person he conned into hiring him doesn't want to admit it and the people attending don't really have much choice but to be there. he adds another strike to his score and it snowballs. score another trip to Dubai. his only talent is his utterly amoral and ruthless knack for self-promotion.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

He reminds me of a chef Anthony Bourdain talked about in one of his books: He would cook for all these high-society parties but the food he prepared was terrible and he would show nothing but contempt for his patrons. Bourdain figured he could get away with it because what mattered was the prestige of having this chef who cooks for all the famous people cook for you. He also believed the ultra-wealthy hated each other so making others eat lovely, burnt food out of social obligation brought them some happiness.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Republicans posted:

He reminds me of a chef Anthony Bourdain talked about in one of his books: He would cook for all these high-society parties but the food he prepared was terrible and he would show nothing but contempt for his patrons. Bourdain figured he could get away with it because what mattered was the prestige of having this chef who cooks for all the famous people cook for you. He also believed the ultra-wealthy hated each other so making others eat lovely, burnt food out of social obligation brought them some happiness.

man i really am in the wrong line of work

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I sure as gently caress didn't read every word of that insane Sir This Is A Starbucks email chain, but I remember some compliments he included where the event planner who hired him was like "Dan was great but most importantly, clean." It's that person's opinion that matters, not the audience's opinion. He's the comedy equivalent of books on management; they're not marketed to the people being managed. And calling anyone "the ______ equivalent of Who Moved My Cheese?" is about the nastiest thing I can say about a person.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

God I hate that loving book.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

New Chapo! And it's hosed up!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Soiled Meat

Halloween Jack posted:

When Chapo started cold opening with clips from Ben Shapiro's show, I thought they were parodies they made themselves. It didn't occur to me that someone could be so stupid, unfunny, and obsessed with transgirl cock all at once.

:same:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

JUST SCOOP IT! GET A BAAAAAG

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
i kinda want to send them a Litter Genie

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Amber's cat is a loving hero for getting us more Ben Shapiro Reading Series.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

I love conflating interior decorating to how many more good seconds you have to live. "I can't afford a dermatologist to remove this fatal melanoma is just like the time I couldn't afford to reupholster my couch!"

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
everything is the same under capitalism! only money and having it matters!

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

The Crotch posted:

Amber's cat is a loving hero for getting us more Ben Shapiro Reading Series.

The episode was honestly a little bit boring before the cat started poopin', so I think Amber's cat is the best new co-host.

Felix not knowing what to do with catshit was hilarious, as was his genuine annoyance at having to deal with Amber's lovely cat.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
matt's escalating incredulity at everyone else's inability to clean up cat poo poo is the highlight of the year

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

That cat making GBS threads mid-podcast is probably the most frequent shared guest between Chapo and Cum Town.

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan

Famethrowa posted:

I'm calling it now: These cats will have triggered internal drama and in the next coming weeks the show is going to break up because of them.

Amber is going to come home to find one of that cats has OD'd on catnip and pot brownies while the other cat will has developed diabetes.

Animosity will brew towards the cat-sitter (Felix?) and remaining members will start taking sides. Patreon funds will get appropriated to the cats to help pay very expensive vet bills (but in reality paying for 'hospice'.)

There will be an outburst on Twitter by one of the Chapos and then the rest of the social sphere will mock them relentlessly on how they were pussywipped (heh heh) and lose all credibility, even if ironic.

This will get under the skin of the hosts and the show will no longer get updated.

CATS are going to do these guys in, I'm TELL'IN YA!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Why are you writing Chapo fanfic

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
relax this is a pro-posting thread

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan

Golden Bee posted:

Why are you writing Chapo fanfic

I got to earn my Not-a-j4g status somehow... :shrek:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Pale Peril posted:

I got to earn my Not-a-j4g status somehow... :shrek:

I thought I escaped the eve thread :eng99:

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

:yikes:

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Speaking of floor making GBS threads...

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Famethrowa posted:

You better not be mocking the dulcet tone of the Wisconsin accent, buddy!!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm starting at the beginning and listening to everything in order and it's pretty amazing how spot-on they were on a bunch of election stuff, but god drat it's gonna be tragic listening as the big day approaches isn't it?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Pierson posted:

I'm starting at the beginning and listening to everything in order and it's pretty amazing how spot-on they were on a bunch of election stuff, but god drat it's gonna be tragic listening as the big day approaches isn't it?

The big day itself is pretty tragic, won't lie. They did a live show and you can hear the moment people realize "oh poo poo, this is actually happening."

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

You better not be mocking the dulcet tone of the Wisconsin accent, buddy!!

Being from chicaawgo, it's an accent close to my heart

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Pierson posted:

I haven't listened/watched the day-of ep, the post election one was on fire.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
What's wrong with the cat that it's always throwing up and taking horrible shits

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Old cats tend to do that kind of stuff

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

rudecyrus posted:

What's wrong with the cat that it's always throwing up and taking horrible shits

Failure is success. Check out the sweet TV, couch, and smoothie blender the dry boys (and girl) bought now that they're rolling in Patreon bucks.

Can you imagine what the future of Chapo has in store after putting up with the foul shits and barf of that hellbeast?

(Tibetan vomiting cat and reactions are hilarious)

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

lmao people are going to die

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

rudecyrus posted:

That's most cats

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Pale Peril posted:

I'm calling it now: These cats will have triggered internal drama and in the next coming weeks the show is going to break up because of them.

Amber is going to come home to find one of that cats has OD'd on catnip and pot brownies while the other cat will has developed diabetes.

Animosity will brew towards the cat-sitter (Felix?) and remaining members will start taking sides. Patreon funds will get appropriated to the cats to help pay very expensive vet bills (but in reality paying for 'hospice'.)

There will be an outburst on Twitter by one of the Chapos and then the rest of the social sphere will mock them relentlessly on how they were pussywipped (heh heh) and lose all credibility, even if ironic.

This will get under the skin of the hosts and the show will no longer get updated.

CATS are going to do these guys in, I'm TELL'IN YA!

What the gently caress

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
How are they so bad with Cats

You like... don't have to do anything with them!

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Some cats are just that way, even at ten or younger. Also I've lived with cats that seem to enjoy making GBS threads in front of people, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if one or both are doing it "for fun"

Amber had good taste in cat names

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Who all actually lives in the park slope mansion?