Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Soothing Vapors posted:

Your characters aren't visible

You're looking at a substantially different build if you go Starforge. Need to drop Added Fire, WED, Hatred, Molten Shell, and probably want to regear/regem to start scaling Bleed and/or Poison, which often involves Voidheart. Nothing wrong with that but make sure you account for that in your budget.

Fixed the character issue.

Good to know the Starforge affects all elemental, thought it would be just what is gemmed in it or attack abilities only. Will look for a different weap to use like disfavor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

queeb posted:

it really is, it deserves the popularity it seems to be gaining. I find myself playing longer and longer each league, I'm winding down now on breach but man, game keeps getting better and better.

Yeah I'm still playing breach and having a lot of fun with it, normally I've burnt out by this point in a league. Breach is the best league they've done in a really long time. And diablo3 has been on such an absurd content drought for so long that I'm sure plenty of those players are looking elsewhere for an arpg fix.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric

theshim posted:

More or less done for Breach. I gave away virtually all my stuff last night, which I'd say came to around 30 ex or so. Not bad, not bad at all. Another few firsts this league, including actually killing a couple guardians. I'll probably kill Shaper in 2.6 at this rate.

I'll stick my head back in for 2.6 for a bit, but I'm really waiting on 3.0 to get super invested again. All that said, Path of Exile is loving great, you guys.

Were you on hardcore or softcore Breach? I think I'll play the softcore version next league. I can't get up to the high content on hardcore, usually dying in the 80s.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Don't skip breach. Breaches own.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I feel like with all the breachlord stuff and fragments and uniques for builds that breaches will most likely stick around like essences did.

Maybe as something that shows up in the second difficulty in 3.0

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I feel like with all the breachlord stuff and fragments and uniques for builds that breaches will most likely stick around like essences did.

Maybe as something that shows up in the second difficulty in 3.0

I'm really curious as to how they'll incorporate them into the regular game. They're either going to need to spawn at a similar rate or just like absolutely spew splinters?

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Wezlar posted:

I'm really curious as to how they'll incorporate them into the regular game. They're either going to need to spawn at a similar rate or just like absolutely spew splinters?

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they nuked Esh/Xoph/Tul/Uul breaches from orbit and just kept Chayula. HoWA is loving silly and isn't going to survive the league, so none of the elemental breachlords really brings much to the table. Narrowing it down to a single breachlord might allow to have a reduced spawnrate in the main game, in addition to offering a pretty good risk/reward consideration when popping the breachstone.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
It'll probably be a lot more rare like essences and you have to mostly buy them.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Grammaton posted:

Were you on hardcore or softcore Breach? I think I'll play the softcore version next league. I can't get up to the high content on hardcore, usually dying in the 80s.
Softcore. I never play Hardcore because there are too many ways for me to lose tons of progress that aren't my fault.

I also hit 90 for my first time ever this league. It's been surprisingly well done.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I'm assuming breaches will just be map mod, Zane mod, and a prophecy you can get.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Next league it's 300 breach mod maps to get enough chayula splinters and even then it's only a small chance of getting the item for the challenge

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Things that got 3D art are going to be divination cards, count on it.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I really hope Breaches make it into the main game without too many nerfs. Being just a map/zana mod would make them practically non-existant and all of the good items would be too expensive for most people to ever use. There are so many great new uniques that drop from the Breachlords, with every one having at least 1 decent item drop. Tul's stuff kinda sucks, with only Snowblind Grace being usable, but the other 4 all have at least 1 amazing drop.

HoWA, Ngahamu's, The Surrender and United in Dream all created new builds around them. With Xoph's Blood, Choir of the Storm, and all of the other Chayula drops being just solid useful items. I'd hate to see all of these be effectively lost like the Rigwald uniques were.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Do any builds allow for using just Barrage for both AoE and single target? I'm making yet another character for that shadow King of the Forest thing, and so far so good; I just find times where I Barrage rather more satisfying than when I lightning arrow a group.

(edit) I'm guessing just putting Chain support on a Barrage isn't good enough, here :v:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jan 9, 2017

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Yeah, I'm pretty sure its basically the same build you just slot in some volley fires.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Those look like fun, didn't know about those. So many unique items I don't know gently caress all about, it's great!

Do those stack? I have two jewel slots right now, both with life+resists (not needed yet, only in Cruel)+damage, and I think they both have 50 dex in radius.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
They definitely do yeah. All jewels stack unless specifically noted. I think there is also a helmet enchant you can get for even more projectiles :getin:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

That sounds pretty fuckin' fancy, I might try that tonight since it seems those jewels are cheap as dirt on the low roll end. Try using only Barrage for a while, see how I like it.

Only 52 and have only done normal labyrinth so far, so not all the pieces are there yet obviously, but so far I find this quite satisfying.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Cinara posted:

I really hope Breaches make it into the main game without too many nerfs. Being just a map/zana mod would make them practically non-existant and all of the good items would be too expensive for most people to ever use. There are so many great new uniques that drop from the Breachlords, with every one having at least 1 decent item drop. Tul's stuff kinda sucks, with only Snowblind Grace being usable, but the other 4 all have at least 1 amazing drop.

HoWA, Ngahamu's, The Surrender and United in Dream all created new builds around them. With Xoph's Blood, Choir of the Storm, and all of the other Chayula drops being just solid useful items. I'd hate to see all of these be effectively lost like the Rigwald uniques were.

after how thoroughly they made non-league essences dumb and bad, I have zero hopes

Ciaphas posted:

Do any builds allow for using just Barrage for both AoE and single target? I'm making yet another character for that shadow King of the Forest thing, and so far so good; I just find times where I Barrage rather more satisfying than when I lightning arrow a group.

(edit) I'm guessing just putting Chain support on a Barrage isn't good enough, here :v:
RMT yourself a couple Volley Fire jewels and a Cospri's and Barrage is pretty serviceable aoe

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1703218

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVn2PlZNRtQ

edit: thats what I get for leaving the window open too long

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

after how thoroughly they made non-league essences dumb and bad, I have zero hopes

It's funny how extremely rare they made essences right as they came out with a paid currency tab just for holding your none-existent essences.
All of the low level essences were just hogging stash space though, it got a bit annoying.

I would very much like to see the breaches exist with enough presence that the many interesting uniques and upgrades to them aren't lost forever in impossibly time consuming grindy RNG limbo, it would be a shame if it was limited to something you had to pay zana a few chaos for each time.

My only complaint about the breaches is the hands aren't elemental color coded to tell what flavor of bullshit your getting yourself into and that the splinters take awhile to pick up and make me long for a D3 style vacuuming up of currency of that type.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 9, 2017

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
I wonder if there's beer on the sun?

Cinara posted:

Ngahamu's isn't a breach unique.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Speaking of uniques, I recall a Reddit post awhile back saying one of the new uniques hadn't been discovered yet. Are they all found now?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

phosdex posted:

Speaking of uniques, I recall a Reddit post awhile back saying one of the new uniques hadn't been discovered yet. Are they all found now?

I don't know if anyone found one, but wasn't it a fishing unique ring. The creator posted about it

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

It's funny how extremely rare they made essences right as they came out with a paid currency tab just for holding your none-existent essences.
All of the low level essences were just hogging stash space though, it got a bit annoying.

I would very much like to see the breaches exist with enough presence that the many interesting uniques and upgrades to them aren't lost forever in impossibly time consuming grindy RNG limbo, it would be a shame if it was limited to something you had to pay zana a few chaos for each time.

My only complaint about the breaches is the hands aren't elemental color coded to tell what flavor of bullshit your getting yourself into and that the splinters take awhile to pick up and make me long for a D3 style vacuuming up of currency of that type.

I couldn't even fathom how you'd fill a tab with Essences even during the league, unless you were buying them up in bulk or something. I certainly never came close to a full stack of any Deafening essences despite playing for several hundred hours, and there's MORE than enough room for one stack of every tier of every essence + the four special ones and Remnants.

And unlike other currency and such you basically only need to sort them once too.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Those look like fun, didn't know about those. So many unique items I don't know gently caress all about, it's great!

Do those stack? I have two jewel slots right now, both with life+resists (not needed yet, only in Cruel)+damage, and I think they both have 50 dex in radius.
I used to run those for my CoC build, one right-click led to a billion spell procs.

Rest in peace, noble CoC. You were way better than CwC.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Essences are so rare :rolleyes:. The corruption one was at 7 a week or two ago. Worth it in my book and not that rare. Also none of them have ever been over an EX. The most expensive one was delrium at 50c and then the next highest one was a steep drop down to 20-30c. I think you guys just need to play more.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

Essences are so rare :rolleyes:. The corruption one was at 7 a week or two ago. Worth it in my book and not that rare. Also none of them have ever been over an EX. The most expensive one was delrium at 50c and then the next highest one was a steep drop down to 20-30c. I think you guys just need to play more.

Delirium was almost 4 ex in hc at one point.

E: I've found more exalts than corruptions.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

TheRat posted:

Delirium was almost 4 ex in hc at one point.

E: I've found more exalts than corruptions.

I've found exactly as many exalts as corruptions this league as well, at 2.

Somehow the price for remnants (last I checked) was only at 4c, though, so clearly somebody's getting all of the spawns.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

No exalts this league, but enough corruptions to sell left and right.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
I'm actually surprised that corruptions are sitting at 3C given how rare they seem to be (to some of us - I haven't seen one!)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Essence prices in general seem kinda low for their overall rarity, but if that were truly the case I suppose the market would have trended upwards more by now. :shrug:

(edit) Or I guess they could just plain not be valuable to a lot of people? I don't know, I haven't gotten into crafting for myself much at all except for the odd jewel regal and stupid vaal, let alone trying to craft anything other than newbie gear with low level essences.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jan 10, 2017

Hauki
May 11, 2010

lurksion posted:

I'm actually surprised that corruptions are sitting at 3C given how rare they seem to be (to some of us - I haven't seen one!)

I've gotten 3 ex, 3 divine and 2 corruptions this league. Also 3 manual 6Ls and 3 chars to 90 so far

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Is there any historical data that includes affixes? I corrupted my way into a +1 gems Tabula Rasa yesterday, want to know how much I scored if I were to resell it but I've seen gently caress and All on poe.trade. Don't want to underball myself. (I was thinking 1ex)

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Is there any historical data that includes affixes? I corrupted my way into a +1 gems Tabula Rasa yesterday, want to know how much I scored if I were to resell it but I've seen gently caress and All on poe.trade. Don't want to underball myself. (I was thinking 1ex)

http://poe.trade/search/inanogemotarik

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Bah, I was searching for the explicit, not the implicit. Thanks. :saddowns:

theshim
May 1, 2012

A super-rad thing I learned this league is to get a +1 gems tabula and a corrupted level 2 and 3 empower. The tabula can be worn right away, and you can add the level 2 empower at 10 and switch to the level 3 at 45. Makes leveling alts super fast (well, casters, anyway, but you can always just level as a caster pretty easily with the setup).

Having +3 to your main spell is super super amazing that early!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

What maps are good for proccing monstrous treasure? I heard Springs (though don't get why) but it didn't proc there.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

What maps are good for proccing monstrous treasure? I heard Springs (though don't get why) but it didn't proc there.

I'm going to assume it's because diviner's can spawn and they can drop the doctor. Hmm seems that may not be true anymore.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jan 10, 2017

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

No exalts this league, but enough corruptions to sell left and right.

Do you level a lot of alts/do a lot of other-than-map farming? One thing I think it could possibly be (Theory pulled entirely out of my rear end) is that corruption doesn't seem to naturally spawn on multiple-essence spawns, which is nearly all of the frozen groups you find in maps. Hence why I've found my super-representative sample of 2 remnants of corruption in places like the Mines and the Crematorium, rather than my first several weeks which were spent trying to push a suboptimal character past its natural retirement point in the mapping endgame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Remnants seemed pretty common while leveling usually, it's good for there to be a cash maker in the low levels.

• Locked thread