Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

Whew, finally beat the game. Got the last boss down by just spamming guardshrooms, but hey, whatever works. I do wish you didn't have to grind so much in this game, that was my one major issue with it. I liked it enough that I know I'll come back to it when more floors are added, anyways. Now to debate hunting the jackals down before putting the game up for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

tap my mountain posted:

Nah the treasure hunter decal only protects you from it containing gold. It'll still show as a materials icon if it's a blueprint.

No. Anything that isn't an r&d metal shows up as a regular chest. Can confirm this by looking at it before you check like any red chest on 31-40. At least half of these are blueprints and they show as chests.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Jack Van Burace posted:

Whew, finally beat the game. Got the last boss down by just spamming guardshrooms, but hey, whatever works. I do wish you didn't have to grind so much in this game, that was my one major issue with it. I liked it enough that I know I'll come back to it when more floors are added, anyways. Now to debate hunting the jackals down before putting the game up for a while.

What was your playtime like when you cleared it?

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

Fumaofthelake posted:

What was your playtime like when you cleared it?

I think I had about 70 hours playtime in the game, but quite a bit of that was just my tendency to leave the game on when I was doing other stuff.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Megaflare posted:

No. Anything that isn't an r&d metal shows up as a regular chest. Can confirm this by looking at it before you check like any red chest on 31-40. At least half of these are blueprints and they show as chests.

Oh yeah you're right. I got mixed because they show as materials after you open em.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
So right now I'm in the process of upgrading my armor. I'm rocking the Agamemnon gear but I feel like there might be something better. Any recommendations on what to get that has good slash resist since everyone uses Cleaver Sabers (EVERYONE USES THIS NOW :gonk:), Pork Choppers, and Masamunes?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Wait, question. Does the game eat my 1-Days if I set it to Auto-renew but HAVEN'T been on in a few days? Because I'm worried I'll lose my temp express stuff if it does.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Jack Van Burace posted:

Heyyy me too!
I sort of hope they don't add more floors, I'm not too keen on spending even more time on it than I already have. Even if the ending heavily implies they're going to :(
When and if that happens I might just pass on it.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
How many golden snails should I be hoarding?

This is the first time I send my guys out to that floor and I've got like uh, 14 or so now

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
California vs. France and Great Britain now.

All these really low ranked players with huge KC and SPL banks. It's like taking a huge poisoned butcher knife to a pinata.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
F20 boss was really really easy it seems, I didn't get hit once during the disarming or the boss himself.

Irons are strong guys.

And I just inadvertently unlocked 4-star fighters. Okay, nice.

HoneyBoy fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jan 10, 2017

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Today is Okusa day! Get your Golden Snail farm on and remember to bring 1-2 live animals to knock the snails down. It looks like the snails are positioned over a large fire pit.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

TopHatGenius posted:

Today is Okusa day! Get your Golden Snail farm on and remember to bring 1-2 live animals to knock the snails down. It looks like the snails are positioned over a large fire pit.

I got in on this a bit last night. How far away do you have to get before they respawn? I noticed going a coupla floors away didn't do it. Do I have to go back to the waiting room or?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Waiting room refreshes all floors (also wiping maps) so that's probably best. Maybe a good use of a one day pass?

And a reminder the snailshrooms make you immune to poison and fire and for a while, for those frustrated by the big fire puddle or want to knock the snails down then pick them up

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Well I beat F23 Goto on the first go around, used some pork choppers I picked up but ugh, I can tell every boss from now is just gonna be a damage check. And that means more grinding.

Awesome.

Turns out cheesing him with cloak shroom works great, I just ironed his rear end out for the rematch while he plodded along. And again he drops coins the loving rear end in a top hat lmao

HoneyBoy fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jan 10, 2017

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
He dropped a pair of pants for me this morning :v:

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

They're probably some poor soul's that he ate earlier. I have yet to see Goto eat a character during the fight, nor do I want to.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah, I actually like this game less and less the further I get into it which is a massive shame. I want to finish it but at this point I really kind of don't feel like it anymore. I don't think I'm necessarily burnt out on it because I have been pacing myself, it's just not very fun when both you and enemies can 2 or 3-shot each other with one stun lock. :/

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

CJacobs posted:

it's just not very fun when both you and enemies can 2 or 3-shot each other with one stun lock. :/

I think that was getting to be my issue as well. If you don't have fully upgraded gear for that gauntlet of floors = you get 2-shot

If you do have appropriately upgraded armor and weapons, you can 2-shot everything else

Maybe if the combat was more nuanced and there wasn't awful delay/reach on some weapons. I really like the claws but the first attack has like no forward motion unless you do the R1, even then the durability melts. Worse yet you get beat out by drat near every other attack, long wind up that leads into a huge combo isn't necessarily bad except enemies chunk off your health while doing it. I'm also realizing I now have to start the grind all over for 3-star stuff. Ah well, I'll see how far I go before I get bored.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Unlocked my 4 star fighters and have 3 golden snails waiting for them :getin:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

HoneyBoy posted:

I think that was getting to be my issue as well. If you don't have fully upgraded gear for that gauntlet of floors = you get 2-shot

If you do have appropriately upgraded armor and weapons, you can 2-shot everything else

Maybe if the combat was more nuanced and there wasn't awful delay/reach on some weapons. I really like the claws but the first attack has like no forward motion unless you do the R1, even then the durability melts. Worse yet you get beat out by drat near every other attack, long wind up that leads into a huge combo isn't necessarily bad except enemies chunk off your health while doing it. I'm also realizing I now have to start the grind all over for 3-star stuff. Ah well, I'll see how far I go before I get bored.

It gets a little easier with each new class of fighters you get. The boost in stats from 4 star to 5 is massive. Also on floors 31+ you'll get blueprints for 3 star gear that blows the 21-30 floor gear out of the water.

You don't need to grind to hell and back to beat the game but the more you do, the more it helps. Also always believe in the power of the mushroom - the secret to your success.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

TopHatGenius posted:

It gets a little easier with each new class of fighters you get. The boost in stats from 4 star to 5 is massive. Also on floors 31+ you'll get blueprints for 3 star gear that blows the 21-30 floor gear out of the water.

You don't need to grind to hell and back to beat the game but the more you do, the more it helps. Also always believe in the power of the mushroom - the secret to your success.

That's reassuring at least. It's not even that the game is super hard yet or anything, I'm playing this game pretty slowly and I haven't died since uh, probably since I was using 2-star fighters.

Anyway, what are some good weapons to research up for the next few floors? I got the Cleaver Saber BP pretty early on and I got the Flame Wand BP super early, somewhere in the 10s. I see people talk about the katana but I haven't gotten the BP for it yet. Oh and I got the Welding Gun BP but I'm not playing any shooters yet. Just a nudge in the right direction so I know what to spend hours farming for next.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

HoneyBoy posted:

That's reassuring at least. It's not even that the game is super hard yet or anything, I'm playing this game pretty slowly and I haven't died since uh, probably since I was using 2-star fighters.

Anyway, what are some good weapons to research up for the next few floors? I got the Cleaver Saber BP pretty early on and I got the Flame Wand BP super early, somewhere in the 10s. I see people talk about the katana but I haven't gotten the BP for it yet. Oh and I got the Welding Gun BP but I'm not playing any shooters yet. Just a nudge in the right direction so I know what to spend hours farming for next.

Cleaver Saber is a really good start since you have the blueprints for it already. Farm the Floor 22 Kawabe golden chest for M.I.L.K. Black Metals and the rest of the materials should come as you farm. It does very respectable damage and getting your mastery up in it unlocks a special R1 poke that temporary stuns enemies (and will even damage the tubers with the long claws while they're blocking!). It's also super beastly in the hands of NPCs so great for base defense/killing expeditions.

Floors 31+ you'll get the Masamune and Pork Choppers blueprints and both of them are excellent. Masamune upgraded has huge damage and Pork Chopper also has huge damage for a 1-hander plus it poisons. Handy for high level haters since they'll keel over trying to vomit out the poison.

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

Poulpe posted:

Heyyy me too!
I sort of hope they don't add more floors, I'm not too keen on spending even more time on it than I already have. Even if the ending heavily implies they're going to :(
When and if that happens I might just pass on it.

I mean it's already confirmed they are so...

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I hope the designs get a bit cooler than "run-down building". I want the top of this tower to be beautiful and untouched, since, you know, nobody's made it there yet.

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

Well I got locked out of the two fights going on, again, without losing. Again it was for doing a dev room raid, so I suggest you don't do these or any general raiding until you've gotten the amount of fight points you want I guess.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Suddenly filled with a burst of determination, I pushed through and beat the game. I posted a while back about someone accidentally spoiling the ending for me, but they missed an incredibly critical element that I think made it very worthwhile to actually get there myself. Overall I think Let It Die is a fantastic, if pretty heavily flawed game, and I look forward to seeing whatever the developers decide to expand upon in the coming months.

Final verdict: Uncle Death rules

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Is there any specific thing that shows a raid is a Dev room raid? Jfc when I get to tussle with Germany. California is a big bully tbh.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Dev raids have the Yotsuyama Corp symbol instead of a state/country. But they also have the same gibberish (is it gibberish? I've never read what the letters are) as what appears in front of dev haters as well.

Fissurefury
May 27, 2007

The results of these precious, meaty fingers.
I may have over-prepared my body for some Die Letting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmV4fMC_Bqs

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Megaflare posted:

Well I got locked out of the two fights going on, again, without losing. Again it was for doing a dev room raid, so I suggest you don't do these or any general raiding until you've gotten the amount of fight points you want I guess.

Worth noting you get fight points just for picking the right targets when this happens. My fight tab seems to be sending me up against Germany now for some reason, there isn't even a fight going on with them right now. :psyduck:

I think they goofed something up in the menus when they patched it so you could do non-fight raids in between, honestly.

Fissurefury
May 27, 2007

The results of these precious, meaty fingers.
Well I'm stuck in F16 JIN-DIE with no boss and an invisible collision box where she was supposed to spawn... now what? Not my lucky night.

E: I damaged her with shrooms... gonna try more.

E2: I can move her collision off of ledges but Red Hot Iron and other attacks do nothing. I'm out of shrooms.

E3: Pushed her down into the water where it's safe to try more things.

WELL, no dice. Tried to find a height where she could take damage, or maybe push her through the world. For some reason explosions had no trouble hitting her.

Fissurefury fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jan 11, 2017

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
What the gently caress is it with Dev Haters and their perfect guards every time. It's fighting hard mode CPUs in street fighter or something. Whatever.

So I've come across the blueprints for the Cleaver Saber, Motor Psycho and the Bloody Pitching Machine. Seeing as how MILK black metals are particularly annoying to farm which should I prioritize? Or should I just go with one and forget the others?

wait the pitching machine is ranged, so I'm probably not gonna dump upgrade mats into that.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

HoneyBoy posted:

What the gently caress is it with Dev Haters and their perfect guards every time. It's fighting hard mode CPUs in street fighter or something. Whatever.

So I've come across the blueprints for the Cleaver Saber, Motor Psycho and the Bloody Pitching Machine. Seeing as how MILK black metals are particularly annoying to farm which should I prioritize? Or should I just go with one and forget the others?

wait the pitching machine is ranged, so I'm probably not gonna dump upgrade mats into that

Cleaver Saber

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Cleaver Saber: Screamer/Hater killer, also good for defense in pvp.
Motor Psycho: Best boss killer aside from the Katana.

Rinaldi
Dec 29, 2008
Should I use my free TDM switch to change to California? The team I'm currently on (Virginia) has minimal activity, hasn't been in a fight in weeks, and lost the only two fights it's ever been in.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Rinaldi posted:

Should I use my free TDM switch to change to California? The team I'm currently on (Virginia) has minimal activity, hasn't been in a fight in weeks, and lost the only two fights it's ever been in.
With minimal effort put into the fight, I get 40k KC, 40k SPL, and 2 Death Metal every time California wins.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
What time do levels reset CST? I want to figure out the next time that 13th floor golden snail level will fall on a Friday evening or weekend day so I can actually put in some time beefing up my dudes.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

TopHatGenius posted:

Cleaver Saber

FrickenMoron posted:

Cleaver Saber: Screamer/Hater killer, also good for defense in pvp.
Motor Psycho: Best boss killer aside from the Katana.

Alright, good looking out.

It's just a shame that there's so many neat weapons in this game but you have to grind hours to effectively use them ahhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Megaflare posted:

I mean it's already confirmed they are so...

Is it? I've tried searching around and all I can find is "it's heavily implied that they will."

• Locked thread