Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Great, sounds like another troll unit. Better kill her in round one, or hit her with osmose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Hardbody posted:

Oh my sweet summer child:

My whale friend RobotDA. Unfortunately I lack Brave Suit or my Noodles would be the same.

Guessing that's with Ifrit and they dropped a seal for something else, since while they're about 40atk higher they're also 80 or so mag lower, and IIRC all the flasks are hybrid type?

Both could drop the Bracer for a Celestial Gauntlet though. I suspect they'll both have Orlandu sitting near/over 1k atk when his banner hits. There's a couple 850ish Gilgamesh whale friends who I'm hoping get Orlandu as well because I'd love to log in that day and see them all running 900+ atk Orlandus since I'll never pull one. :emo:

Vax posted:

When he finally arrives he will have such lovely rates the outcry will be phenomenal and probably lead to the gacha change (while being totally planned for). You have to be prepared to dump 200 pulls AT LEAST to even have the slightest chance to even start thinking about ever owning him. A realistic target is more like 500-600 pulls that you should prepare in order to have a decent chance. You probably will see a couple of Rainbows but they wont be Orlandu. That, you also have to be prepared for.

http://www.businessofapps.com/average-spend-game-war-fire-age-paying-player-2015-550/

Please read that article and look at Brave Frontier's average spend in 2015. Gumi isn't going to change poo poo if some people on reddit throw a tantrum (and then keep spending anyways) just as they didn't do anything when that Zidane banner supposedly had hosed up rates. They know what they're doing and the only reason they'd try changing things is if a game's going down in flames or they think it'll be more effective for them (like the rate up in Brave Frontier).

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

today i got snow on half price which is great for two reasons. the first reason is that i now have every ffxiii unit except for lightning, and literally the only one i pulled during the actual event was fang during the latter half

the second reason is that means now that i have access to champions belt and dual wield with my last two pulls i think i have everything i need to have a busted firion, so while i would like to get orlandu and onion knight i am still relatively okay without something like that seeing as i also have three agrias.

now all i am really missing tm wise from non 5* units is a miyuki, which granted would be pretty nice since my current best dps is probably chiz. or maybe cod i guess if i grind out a rising sun.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014

Nuebot posted:

So for anyone else who uses the Nox macros to farm earth shrine, is there any way to make it shorter? It's only supposed to take like 38 seconds or something but for me it seems to be misaligned or something because it'll attack one enemy, then there's like five minutes of nothing until it hits the auto button. It's fine if I'm just letting it idle all afternoon or something, but it gets really annoying really fast if I want to do something else.

The units in your 1 and 3 slot have to have enough attack to kill the rats. You may need to equip them with a weapon.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
I dunno wtf happened, but ever since I unplugged my pc from the TV's hdmi and back into a little dinky lcd monitor, memu has not crashed once. Over a couple weeks, when I couldn't get it to go a single work-day before. All of a sudden my TMs are rolling in, already Excalibur and Sakurafubuki have found a home on Lighting with Refia's Dual Cast just a couple days away.
I would have stopped playing already if I hadn't gotten these macros kicking, because there just wouldnt be anything else to do that would feel rewarding enough. Suread ain't putting money into this game.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Howdy fellow moogle slaves. Gonna throw myself up on the doc This evening but I've been playing for about 6 months now and have got a few nice 6*, luneth being my star damage dealer atm.

What's the consensus on saving tickets? Does it really matter if the banner doesn't have anything I want in particular 5-6* wise because even if the banner did odds are I won't get em? I have about 15 saved up now from the frostor event + stuff and I'm debating just using them now or saving them for the next banner, and whether worrying about it even makes sense.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Howdy fellow moogle slaves. Gonna throw myself up on the doc This evening but I've been playing for about 6 months now and have got a few nice 6*, luneth being my star damage dealer atm.

What's the consensus on saving tickets? Does it really matter if the banner doesn't have anything I want in particular 5-6* wise because even if the banner did odds are I won't get em? I have about 15 saved up now from the frostor event + stuff and I'm debating just using them now or saving them for the next banner, and whether worrying about it even makes sense.

If you want to try for a base 5 star on banner, the average is 200-300 pulls. 500-600 to be on the safe side.

:gumi:

Seriously, somebody make a :gumi: smilie, I'll buy it. Make it a rainbow crystal that against all odds turns into Bedile or Shadow.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cartoon Man posted:

If you want to try for a base 5 star on banner, the average is 200-300 pulls. 500-600 to be on the safe side.

Seriously, somebody make a :gumi: smilie, I'll buy it. Make it a rainbow crystal that against all odds turns into Bedile or Shadow.

:retrogames: fits well enough.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Evil Fluffy posted:

:retrogames: fits well enough.

or :suicide:

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

I'd say there are better banners to use all your tickets on. Though it depends on if you do TMR farming, as the rewards from the 3 and 4 stars on this banner are decent.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
I like :shepspends: hell even :chloe: seems fitting now we get all those teens playing our precious little gem

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
Can someone help me out deciding what TM to grind next? I've got my second big batch of them all about to wrap up so I need a bit of direction on my next five.

What I've got so far:
Blade Mastery
Save the Queen

What is all around 80/90% now:
Dual Wield 1
Dualcast 1
Excalibur 1
Power of Creation
Omnirod 1

What I have available to go after (the highlights at least):
4 more Dualcasts (but since I have 4 exdeaths this seems very low priority)
2 Black Cowls
Excalibur #2
5 Mercedes for Viking Axes (I'll smush them up to get 2 ultimately)
4 Ribbon
2 Rising Sun (have 2 CoD begging for these)
6 Gungir
2 Letters to Arms
6 more Omnirod
18!!! Shanatto for Mag +30%
2 Aegis Shield
3 Lordly Robe
Lunge Combo (20% atk from Fencer)

Right now I'm leaning towards the next team, in order of slotting them in:
Black Cowl
Viking Axe #1
Ribbon
Letters to Arm 1
Letters to Arm 2

I guess it would help to note my team. I typically run Lightning/Refia/Exdeath/Cecil/(one of Tellah, CoD, Dracu Laswell, or another Exdeath once he's at 100 as need be for what I'm doing).

Palleon fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 9, 2017

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Shark Tower posted:

Actually, all that damage is from D Fina. JUST D Fina.

I went first and took down all 4 nocti and brought Fina to red. She proceeded to trigger retaliate twice, holy once on chiz, stonga'ed on her turn, then ultima'ed on the 2nd turn.

Ok, that actually makes me feel better. I thought powercreep had hit HARD, and D Fina was able to do all that solo on a single turn. This seems more reasonable (though still terrifying).

Palleon posted:

Can someone help me out deciding what TM to grind next? I've got my second big batch of them all about to wrap up so I need a bit of direction on my next five.

I guess it would help to note my team. I typically run Lightning/Refia/Exdeath/Cecil/(one of Tellah, CoD, Dracu Laswell, or another Exdeath once he's at 100 as need be for what I'm doing).

My votes would be for Lunge Combo, Black Cowl, and double up for a faster Rising Sun. The resulting DW CoD will last you a long while as an attack/support unit. All of these TMs would also be useful on Firion when he gets beefy in the next month OR on your Lightning.

I have been rolling a full physical team since the beginning, so I'm biased. I finally got and built an Exdeath, but he'll probably never see much use outside of Arena.

Captaindirtnap fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jan 9, 2017

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

How many gigantuars does it take to bring a level 1 6* to level 100? I want to stockpile enough so that my Firion can be ready to go as soon as his update hits.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Palleon posted:

Black Cowls
Excalibur #2
Ribbon
Rising Sun (have 2 CoD begging for these)
Lunge Combo (20% atk from Fencer)

CoD is a super good unit for both utility AND damage (against humans), so I'd treat her to something special.

I would NOT smoosh the Lockes, I really wish I had a 2nd one, although Thorn Mace makes a good stand-in vs bosses, while Golem Staff is fun in Arena.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Skyridge posted:

How many gigantuars does it take to bring a level 1 6* to level 100? I want to stockpile enough so that my Firion can be ready to go as soon as his update hits.

~60?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

isn't the big time damage from Firion from having at least one fist weapon equipped

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Skyridge posted:

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Mile'ionaha posted:

CoD is a super good unit for both utility AND damage (against humans), so I'd treat her to something special.

I would NOT smoosh the Lockes, I really wish I had a 2nd one, although Thorn Mace makes a good stand-in vs bosses, while Golem Staff is fun in Arena.

Yeah I'm not going to smoosh the Lockes, the only ones out of that group I'd do it for is Mercedes (because I doubt I'll need more than 2 axes at once), Alma maybe for the robes, and maybe Leo (because who needs shields?).

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ive frequently considered smashing my leo army together since even five aegis shields is never going to be useful, but also aegis shield isn't useful enough that he's even remotely on the radar for tm farming for me either so they all just get to sit around and hang out and wonder how i've never pulled a terra

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
What makes this good and actually watchable is the Doge avatar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qgwGsgdz28

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vax posted:

What makes this good and actually watchable is the Doge avatar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qgwGsgdz28

Oh god those 10 pulls were horrible. loving Lani.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Skyridge posted:

Someone already answered this, but the general rule of thumb:

5* > 6* = ~1.1 million xp
6* > max = ~1.99 million xp
5* > max 6* = ~3 million xp
Gigantaur = 30,000 xp

So 5* > max 6* is roughly 100 Gigantaurs, with 1/3 of them used during 5* and the remaining 2/3s during 6*. When fusing 5 Gigantaurs at a time, every time you get a Great Success, subtract 2.5 Gigantaurs from the total number you need, and for every Amazing Success, subtract 5.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Hardbody posted:

The units in your 1 and 3 slot have to have enough attack to kill the rats. You may need to equip them with a weapon.

This appears to have been the problem. I shoved a spare mace on one shantotto and some unused attack accessories and equipment on the other and now things are fine.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Well now I have Luka and Ellen Paige and four extra tickets. I think I'll save them for Cid.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
i have over 200 gigantaurs and no one to use them on

here's hoping for five orlandus

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
If I got four Orlandude I'd max them out, then I'd make a 30ish Bedile the leader, set message "get free wins here" and park in the Arena.

How do I get Nox to quit installing random apps? Mobile Strike etc. Disallowed installations from unknown sources. It seems these are what make FFBE crash.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jan 10, 2017

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014

MrLonghair posted:

If I got four Orlandude I'd max them out, then I'd make a 30ish Bedile the leader, set message "get free wins here" and park in the Arena.

How do I get Nox to quit installing random apps? Mobile Strike etc. Disallowed installations from unknown sources. It seems these are what make FFBE crash.

Considering most of his kit is single target Orlandu isnt exactly an arena beast. The only person you would be trolling is yourself.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Looks like I can join the ranks of the big boys. I still have a few more TMRs to grind out for him (Infernal Armlet, Champion's Belt, Goddess's Protection), some stat pots to add, and he'll never reach a perfect whale-level loudout, but for the total of $54 I've spent on this game and no more in the future, I'm pretty happy.

Then I go into the arena and promptly see this:

I sure hope that whale gets more satisfaction out of redundant pixelated images than, I don't know, a vacation in the Maldives, or a weekend of hookers and blow.

And yes, I am intentionally hiding my Noctis amongst the Void, what of it?

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
bora bora or bust

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Cartoon Man posted:

It is not an average of 200-300 pulls. It is around 102~ pulls on average.

Here is the math - https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/52l2ha/lapis_spent_vs_chance_to_get_lightning/

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Mugaaz posted:

Here is the math - https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/52l2ha/lapis_spent_vs_chance_to_get_lightning/

That's kind of outdated now with all the other 5* base units right? I think it's something like 50% of getting the banner 5* from a given rainbow so is it more accurate to take those figures and double the number of pulls/halve the pull chance?

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

dangerous.hotdog posted:

That's kind of outdated now with all the other 5* base units right? I think it's something like 50% of getting the banner 5* from a given rainbow so is it more accurate to take those figures and double the number of pulls/halve the pull chance?

No, it is exactly the same. You still have a 50% chance to get the banner 5* unit from a 5% rainbow.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
My TM farm team has finally hit 50%around the board. The 40-50 crawl was really slow for some reason.

odinson
Mar 17, 2009
Just started this game and have been rerolling. Fell asleep last night before linking my Dark Fina to my facebook account. Tried to load it up today and got an error code after it stopped loading at 51%.
E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Any of you guys know off the top of your head how to recover before I go poking around the files and digging through the net? Can other emulators read Memu's save files?

e**
Welp, ended up deleting two dark finas and a lightning trying to mess with the files.

odinson fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 10, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Mugaaz posted:

No, it is exactly the same. You still have a 50% chance to get the banner 5* unit from a 5% rainbow.

I probably should have read it more thoroughly. Thanks for the clarification and it kind gives me a small glimmer of hope (which will soon be crushed by Vivi).

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Mugaaz posted:

So for every 100 pulls, you are basically doing a coinflip for the banner 5*. And to lose 5 of them in a row (500 pulls) is like happening 3% of the time or in other words you will have a 97% chance to get the unit.

Speaking of my guessed 300-330 pulls I've done without a Rainbow ever is happening 10% of the time or I should've pulled a Rainbow 90% of the time by now. :negative:

Vax fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jan 10, 2017

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Benthalus posted:

Looks like I can join the ranks of the big boys. I still have a few more TMRs to grind out for him (Infernal Armlet, Champion's Belt, Goddess's Protection), some stat pots to add, and he'll never reach a perfect whale-level loudout, but for the total of $54 I've spent on this game and no more in the future, I'm pretty happy.

Then I go into the arena and promptly see this:

I sure hope that whale gets more satisfaction out of redundant pixelated images than, I don't know, a vacation in the Maldives, or a weekend of hookers and blow.

And yes, I am intentionally hiding my Noctis amongst the Void, what of it?

Yet another time I go to add a goon and you are already my friend :v:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Fenris your Noctis is so loving burly, thanks for the trust moogle on this event :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I did not expect Type-0 banner. I expected skipping it all. Ace's got a 30% MAG and 20% MP TM Seven's TM is a ribbon, Jack's TM "fills LB gauge while in battle" (?), Trey 20% boost to MAG and SPR.

Then they mislinked "Akademia" to point to the Type-0 characters pic, so whatever was that event like in JP?
e: they corrected the link, it's a Mog King grind event, BGN x1 summon ticket, INT 200 Phantoma, ADV 300 Phantoma, PRO 500 Phantoma, ELT 500 lapis. Trust Moogle to be had!
And two really lovely weapons and a lovely accessory that haven't been improved for the time into the game which we get them compared to JP.

Get Ace for 100% bonus of Phantoma drops, Seven for 75% bonus, friend unit them if you get them and you will be loved. I'm all out of Gigantaurs but even at lv1 they will be welcomed and I will switch to one for a companion unit.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jan 10, 2017

• Locked thread