Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prostheticfoot
Mar 27, 2002

MilesK posted:

(Citizens Beer for the Super Developer Nation Gods.)

Post reaffirmed faith in humanity, would scroll through again. 10/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
like even after beating ffxv and plating it I don't get wtf

the bad guy was the first king who used his powers to absorb demons and then became immortal and then everyone hated him or something and he became super uncool and wanted to murder everything but decided to wait a thousand+ years and just chill out until he could poo poo out a bunch of demons and then kill his successors because he was mad

nothing about ffxv makes sense besides the obvious homo eroticism

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

TheAgent posted:

X was tidus friend

x was tidus

TheAgent posted:

ffx was incomprehensible garbage, like every ff game made since the mid 90s

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
. . .

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

scrubs season six posted:

Deep dish pizza is good, and is pizza, but my favorite is Detroit style. I've never had Lil Caesar's Detroit style but I assume it is garbage.

I had Detroit style yesterday, it owned

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Chiming in on the Final Fantasy chat what the hell was up with FF IX? I liked the first disc, we've got likeable characters, a somewhat weird but comprehensible plot and then all of the sudden disc two pops out and we've got merging planets, perfect spirits or something for limit breaks and end boss out of nowhere.

My personal theory is that they had the writing team from a SNES era FF game writing 9 but somewhere near the end of disc one the writers from 7 and 8 broke down the door and wrote the rest of the game while holding the original team at gunpoint.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

radd posted:

Best pizza is home cooked, just like MoMA used to make.

my gf made me this just so I could troll GBS with it. She's awesome.

It was also super good.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

RubberJohnny posted:

So the SQ42 Vertical Slice Presentation Soundtrack got left in the 2.6 files

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7RQC2W7C7Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr-I8XIAj8I

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

scrubs season six posted:

my gf made me this just so I could troll GBS with it. She's awesome.

It was also super good.
y'all can troll me by sending that directly to my house

thanks

drluv
Feb 25, 2016

Please do not undercut me in front of the child.

TheAgent posted:

y'all can troll me by sending that directly to my house

thanks

Well, we need to doxx you first.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i have seen into the future and pledge to nuke humanity

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

Listen: I don't need to confirm or deny each person I'm questioned to be. I personally don't care if you like it or not. I've already said I'm not Toast and that's all you get. Derek knows all: just ask him.

All these excuses will be lost, like branches off CryEngine. Time to parp.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

skaboomizzy posted:

I had Detroit style yesterday, it owned

It seems like you really can't get it that many places still. Which sucks.

I actually decided to put some :effort: into looking for a good local pizza place in Reno:

1 only does NY
7 don't specify what kind of crust it is on their menu, so it's presumably just a regular hand tossed type.
2 don't specify but from the pics looks like what most would consider thin crust.
1 uses the same dough but will roll it thicker or thinner on request.
1 is thin crust only but they have two pizzas on their menu they call "stuffed." I don't know for sure what this means but I'd guess it's like the papa murphys that have another layer of crust on top?

So, yeah, I guess I'm just gonna keep making my own pizza.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

Someone ruined a perfectly good pizza just so there'd be an example of a hosed up and inedible piece of poo poo on Wikipedia. Biggest crime ITT.

You know.. i take insults pretty well. But this. this here offends me more than some otherkin transmoron being called a cis scum AND being misgendered in the same sentence.

You take that poo poo back because pizza and pineapple were made to go together.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
"PU Meetings in Austin - building our Universe!" [Imgur from Sandi's Facebook]

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Well I mean everyone looks like they have no loving clue what they're doing so yeah I'd say that looks pretty much like what I'd picture a "PU meeting" to look like.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

Backers are not getting early "alpha" test access to SQ42. I don't really have a clue to mission lengths yet. SQ42 is very tight-lipped.

LOL!!! They are using Evocati to test the PU. Then give access to PAID subscribers. Then wide testing. Then public release.

So they're not going to test SQ42 then?

Please GTFO.

ktnx. bye.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Those pepsis aren't opened.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Tony: Everything's hosed. I don't think, y`know, anything else will work at this point. What they have is what they're getting. Subsumption: hosed. Inner Thought: hosed. Netcode: hosed. We need to disappear.

Chris[looks to be physically in pain trying to think of something smart and not look like a manbaby]: well ahhhhhh, err have you tried 64bit uhhhhhh... conversion on subsumption and uhhhh-

Jake Ross [interjects to get Chris off the hook]: I WORE A NICE SHIRT FOR YOU TODAY CHRIS

Tony: You don't understand, I'm a one man working party on this, nobody else here is useful with anythin, I can't do th-

Chris [as "Sandi" takes the picture]: You better. Or else errr, I'll out you as a DS sympathizer in a long winded post that will ahhhhh take me an entire working day to conjure.

Erin[internally]: (How did you survive the womb.)

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

happyhippy posted:

OH loving LOL
I work for a game company, and I review cheaters and such. And we NEVER take the word of whoever is reporting it, nor any 'evidence' they provide.
Sure most are legit, but you get a good salty percentage that will fake or photoshop proof that the innocent skilled guy was cheating.
Add in lovely netcode, and chances increase that some people with decent reaction times and skill will end up losing everything to Captain Fatbeard McVapeKirk

Ok Jack, but do you eat that juicy Shaq meat?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Scruffpuff posted:

This checks out.

- Stated he does not "work for" CIG - a claim the "chairman" could technically make
- Incredible stylish belt could have been gifted to Toast
- Does not know anything about Star Citizen in any capacity
- Sense of humor hints at self-awareness, but is occasionally punctuated by frustrated outbursts
- Still believes the game can be made, but admits that failure is a possibility
- Claims that anyone scammed by CIG has only themselves to blame

I'm sold.

:same:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

The other handwavey guy in the jeans gets it: he didn't bring a computer or really any way to write down any notes. Truly a visionary to rival Chris

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

less than three posted:

Those pepsis aren't opened.

Pepsi is for closers.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Chris Roberts in Der Spiegel:

"SQ42 will probably be finished in 2017"

He said PROBABLY

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Wait. I think I finally get it. This is Hollywood lingo.

By "answer the call", Chris Roberts is really telling people "I'll have my people call your people and we'll do lunch sometime. Yeah. Count on that call. Bye now!"

Sorry guys, you're being stood up by a true artist. :cheers:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Viscous Soda posted:

Chiming in on the Final Fantasy chat what the hell was up with FF IX? I liked the first disc, we've got likeable characters, a somewhat weird but comprehensible plot and then all of the sudden disc two pops out and we've got merging planets, perfect spirits or something for limit breaks and end boss out of nowhere.

My personal theory is that they had the writing team from a SNES era FF game writing 9 but somewhere near the end of disc one the writers from 7 and 8 broke down the door and wrote the rest of the game while holding the original team at gunpoint.
FF has always been convoluted. The very first one you have to travel back in time to defeat a villain who sent demons into the future to send himself back in time so that he can live forever, and by defeating him you erase your own history.

FF7 is really just FF6 but instead of magic it's alien dna, and your airship doesn't break down on the way to the final battle.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

grimcreaper posted:

You know.. i take insults pretty well. But this. this here offends me more than some otherkin transmoron being called a cis scum AND being misgendered in the same sentence.

You take that poo poo back because pizza and pineapple were made to go together.

No you're wrong and it's gross.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Inkel posted:

Star Citizen cheaters face permaban with no refund (but CIG needs video evidence)

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-citizen-cheaters-face-permaban-with-no-refund-but-cig-needs-video-evidence/

Banning people from cheating in you're barely a game pre-alpha because you have no idea and no talent sufficient to fix the exploits people have hacked together is really the best thing ever.

Good idea CIG! Keep doing what you're doing! :golfclap:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

happyhippy posted:

OH loving LOL
I work for a game company, and I review cheaters and such. And we NEVER take the word of whoever is reporting it, nor any 'evidence' they provide.
Sure most are legit, but you get a good salty percentage that will fake or photoshop proof that the innocent skilled guy was cheating.
Add in lovely netcode, and chances increase that some people with decent reaction times and skill will end up losing everything to Captain Fatbeard McVapeKirk

You realize all CIG can understand currently is photoshops and mock ups. If you photoshop and mock up cheaters, you're really communicating in the only language they understand these days.

Extra points if you can also claim they will cheat harder in a future version of Star Citizen and give them proof of how they will cheat in 3.0. Like put their name over the sandworm video and look at them hacking through the floor, and warping away suddenly after a cheating model switch. loving hackers.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

PC Gamer - These disappointed No Man's Sky players are turning to Star Citizen

quote:

To be clear, Chris is only invested into Star Citizen for $80. He might not be nearly as optimistic if he had to plunk down the cash for a new machine like he did for No Man’s Sky. But it’s still interesting that he’s willing to risk disappointment on such a similar project. The dreams of Chris Roberts are cached in more experience, a larger team, and a different business model, but they aren’t that different from the hopes of Sean Murray.

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
I never backed this game but I appreciate the work you guys are doing exposing the devs bullshit because it's like a form of schadenfreude.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/818602739597012992
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/818603306876538880
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/818603659252604928
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/818603724306337793

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

No you're wrong and it's gross.

I hope you get misgendered and doxxed every day of the rest of your life.

Pineapple pizza is truly the Ambrozia we all deserve.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Jobbo_Fett posted:

COBRA began in 1988, therefore Unreal Engine 4 began in 1998

This is why in ArcheAge, if you run through an area with farming before all the poo poo there actually loaded, you ended up stuck in a cow pen.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

damning stuff here derek

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
threat analysis complete

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
its the body language of any high tier meeting that everyone wants to get the gently caress out of because nothing is ever resolved and everyone forgets what the gently caress you talked about and then y'all gotta write 40 new emails trying to detail who is now doing what

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

It's me!!

I am the keyboard with no monitor!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/818609216994902017
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/818609629521444866