Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Xander77 posted:

Meanwhile, in Russian political cartoon news:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btLZwPtYAE4

Yes, that's an actual, real thing.

There is no reason that needs to be 44 minutes long. How can any sane person possibly watch this start to finish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
I'd love to see the real time alt-right/nazi meltdown if he got the axe. I'd go exclusively to Twitter if they did it to. So much entertainment :allears:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

duz posted:

When you're famous they let you do what ever you want.

It's confirmed: the latest "Sherlock" was about a Trump, all along.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Twitter should introduce hell-banning.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Was GamerGate the beginning of the alt-right young neo-Nazi movement's takeover of Twitter or does it go back farther?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Amoeba102 posted:

Twitter should introduce hell-banning.

As if Trump wasn't already following himself on at least a dozen alt accounts.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

Xander77 posted:

idgi

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Was GamerGate the beginning of the alt-right young neo-Nazi movement's takeover of Twitter or does it go back farther?

Yeah most of those who were wanting "ethics in gaming journalism" are the same people who spurn out rare nazi Pepe's. wether it goes farther I don't know but the same people I argued with about gamer gate are surprisingly on trumps side now :ms:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

SwitchbladeKult posted:

There is no reason that needs to be 44 minutes long. How can any sane person possibly watch this start to finish?
:tinsley:By not being a millenial piece of poo poo, crying for a safe space for your attention span :tinsley:

Russia is making its own version of North Korean propaganda cartoons. Only aimed against wizards, which are absolutely real.

Yeah, that's what happens when your kleptocracy is slowly transformed into a particularly batshit theocracy.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Trogdos! posted:

quote:

Remember how racism was supposed to be over when he was elected? The racial division was made much worse under his leadership.
Yeah, you're right Garrison, all those right wing pundits and Supreme Court justices who said racism was over because Obama was elected were full of poo poo.
Obama banned torture you self-important little poo poo.

Red Ryder posted:

This is from pages back, but my sister works for Twitter and from what I understand they really chafe at the association. He is destroying their brand and driving away advertisers.

So just loving ban him and watch him throw a bitch fit.

Vib Rib posted:

Also good to see "increased racial divide" under the list of things that Trump is going to extinguish. Trump is nothing if not equality-minded and considerate of all races and peoples.

Well see, to Garrison, racial unrest is caused by minority getting uppity and thinking they're as good as white people. So the best way to stop it is to start persecuting minorities til they know not to speak out of turn in the presence of a white man.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

They're probably afraid of the absolute mother of all shitstorms they'd bring down on themselves if they banned him at this point, to be honest.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Xander77 posted:

this was a lot more entertaining once i discovered the english subtitles

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Regalingualius posted:

They're probably afraid of the absolute mother of all shitstorms they'd bring down on themselves if they banned him at this point, to be honest.

They can't sell it and their value is only slipping. What do they have to lose?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

duz posted:

Don't be ridiculous, did you learn nothing from last year? :rolleyes:

When you're famous they let you do what ever you want.... unless you're a woman.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

Xander77 posted:

:tinsley:By not being a millenial piece of poo poo, crying for a safe space for your attention span :tinsley:

Russia is making its own version of North Korean propaganda cartoons. Only aimed against wizards, which are absolutely real.

Thanks, this helps a lot!

Angepain posted:

this was a lot more entertaining once i discovered the english subtitles

Not as much as this, though!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

They can't sell it and their value is only slipping. What do they have to lose?

Death threats to every single employee?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Regalingualius posted:

Death threats to every single employee?

You say that like they aren't getting those anyway for not banning Anita Sarkeesian.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What basis would they ban him on? If making ridiculous lies and insulting people was against the rules then half of Twitter would be banned.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I forget which article it's from, but Jeb Lund ties its beginnings to PUAs from around the mid-aughts, who segued into MRAs and then etc etc etc

Not that I'm presenting him as some expert on the matter, but it makes sense to me.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

They should ban Trump on Inauguration Day, preferably early, so he'd be steaming at the ceremony and his speech will be a whole pile of incomprehensible yelling. You know, more than the usual amount.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

BigglesSWE posted:

They should ban Trump on Inauguration Day, preferably early, so he'd be steaming at the ceremony and his speech will be a whole pile of incomprehensible yelling. You know, more than the usual amount.

He'll get @POTUS that day. So he'd still be failing upwards.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

OAquinas posted:

He'll get @POTUS that day. So he'd still be failing upwards.

Who says they have to give it to him?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

duz posted:

Grab 'em by the cloaca.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Samurai Sanders posted:

What basis would they ban him on? If making ridiculous lies and insulting people was against the rules then half of Twitter would be banned.
because it's a private company that has no obligation to be "fair" to any and all random racist clown sticks that happen to own fingers and/or assistants with fingers?

Of course Twitter can't figure out how to monetize something that now takes up 90% of the world's word cloud so I'm not counting on them being bright enough to know that.

BigglesSWE posted:

Yes.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Yes...

FalseEquivalence.jpg

I'd say I'm gonna miss Wormbama, but I'm sure we'll see Trump trying to cram his uuuuge feet into Obama's tiny legacy loafers soon.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Fulchrum posted:

Who says they have to give it to him?

I imagine its part of the white house comm office.

But I guess they could not hand it over and the most that Trump could do would be to make them lose their blue check. Of course, he'd also sue (because he always does) and they probably wouldn't want to fight in court over a damned Twitter handle.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Samurai Sanders posted:

What basis would they ban him on?

He said Meryl Streep was overrated. I'm fairly certain that should automatically get you the death penalty.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Technowolf posted:

Andy Warner on the death of the Voting Rights Act. gently caress John Roberts.

Is it weird that I saw this image and was expecting someone somewhere to change Peter Thiel to Landerig?

I may have been on these forums too long.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Duke Igthorn posted:

because it's a private company that has no obligation to be "fair" to any and all random racist clown sticks that happen to own fingers and/or assistants with fingers?
I guess I was gonna say that arbitrary banning would make a backlash against them that would drive everyone away but at this point I guess I should just say "good".

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

OAquinas posted:

I imagine its part of the white house comm office.

But I guess they could not hand it over and the most that Trump could do would be to make them lose their blue check. Of course, he'd also sue (because he always does) and they probably wouldn't want to fight in court over a damned Twitter handle.

Why not? It'd be great free positive advertising, and he'd eventually have to settle, because he always does.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
They should simply file for bankruptcy on January 21.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Cat Mattress posted:

The wall of crazy full of shitthatdidnthappen.txt and oppositeofreality.txt is becoming no longer funny or infuriating, just boring.

Opposite of reality? I'd wager Donnie would be more than happy to spray asphyxiating gases wherever black men were at work.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Cat Mattress posted:

They should simply file for bankruptcy on January 21.
Have serious government strategists been considering what will change about Trump's administration of Twitter goes away?

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Jerusalem posted:

He said Meryl Streep was overrated. I'm fairly certain that should automatically get you the death penalty.

It does get you the death penalty in California.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

I AM THE TOILET posted:

I forget which article it's from, but Jeb Lund ties its beginnings to PUAs from around the mid-aughts, who segued into MRAs and then etc etc etc

Not that I'm presenting him as some expert on the matter, but it makes sense to me.

That does make sense. There is probably a huge overlap in PUAs, GGers, and MAGAers neo-Nazis. GG is where I started taking notice since Breitbart and a bunch of other "main stream" far-right blogs got involved. The MRA community is one of the bestest festering turds on the Internet.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Xander77 posted:

No, not Black Leaf!

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
Hmm. If Russia is against wizards, have we consider hiring several to ritual cast Circle of Protection Against Fascism? It's worth a try, that +2 to saves would've been really useful in November.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Samurai Sanders posted:

Have serious government strategists been considering what will change about Trump's administration of Twitter goes away?

I'm pretty sure strategists don't have anything to do with the Trump administration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

His pettyness is really quite hilarious...then it hits me that he is about to become the leader of the free world.

• Locked thread