Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

victrix posted:

Speaking of mithril flow, once you've exhausted all of the normal realm dungeons, how much do you get monthly?

The rule of thumb is ~100 mythril a month. It should be a little higher now thanks to Multiplayer giving an extra 3 per event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Dr Pepper posted:

I think with whales like that it's not enough to just get a relic. They need three of them to get max level combining.

That's so drat unnecessary. The base relic for the SB and statstick is more than enough to tackle all the content in the game, especially if you have your pick of every item on the banner. Anything more than that is just a dick waving contest-

Oh. :ms:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Zurai posted:

Golbez's BSB is really fun, I can tell you that from personal experience in JP. I've been able to solo quite a few U/U+/U++ bosses with him. He has the strongest life steal ability in the game as far as potential health recovered (technically Thief's Revenge can heal more, but you're not going to cap TR against anything relevant and I have capped Golbez command 2 against Ultimate and up level bosses if they're dark-weak).

That said, Raines is inarguably the stronger Soul Break.

drat, that's a rough choice. I hate choosing between good utility and being awesome. Looking at it again, I think I'll just barely get another 50 mythril for the FFIV event (assuming it comes after FFT), so maybe I'll just pull on both, then start saving up again for whatever cool 2nd anniversary banners we get.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Can anyone explain what's so good about this TG Cid event? I'm gonna do one pull for Raines tonight. Sounds like the upcoming summoner and FFT banners are the ones to shoot for this month.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

iamsosmrt posted:

Can anyone explain what's so good about this TG Cid event? I'm gonna do one pull for Raines tonight. Sounds like the upcoming summoner and FFT banners are the ones to shoot for this month.

Orlandu has the best OSB in the game. It's stronger than other physical OSBs baseline (1500 vs 1200 potency) at the cost of a slightly longer cast time (3.7 seconds vs 2.5), it's dual elemental with both easily boostable and relatively common as weaknesses (holy and thunder), and most importantly it has an incredibly good secondary effect (Thunder God Mode, which grants 1/3 cast time for all the user's actions for 25 seconds).

The rest of the banner is good but not astounding. Even moreso than the Raines banner tonight, if you pull on the TGCid banner you're pulling for a single relic.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Also Gaffgarion is released alongside Cid but he's so thoroughly outclassed straight on his debut that nobody remember him. :v:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

D250 down, with mastery.

RW Shout.

Used Gilgamesh, Kain, and Vanille's BSBs, Indomitable Blade, and Sentinel Grimoire. I didn't use anything but basic attacks and a few of Gilgamesh's Lifesiphons and BSB/BSB commands, and Vanille's BSB on the trash waves. R2 Multi Break and R3 Heathen Frolic Sarabande were fully expended but other than that, Vanille's R2 Shellga, and Gilgamesh's R4 Lifesiphon and R1 Gaia's Cross, I barely used any of my hones since I was able to ether the hell out of Lightning Dive on Kain and Snowspell Strike on Celes. I had to power through the last ~25% of the trio's HP without Shout, but getting to sneak in Eternal Light for extra damage whenever Celes ate a bunch of single target nukes was a big help. Making liberal use of my SBs for raw damage even when the effects hadn't worn off also was great.

I just used Gaia's Cross and Maria's RM Inflame on Tyro to meet medal requirements.

f2p btw

Bonus 10k HP Chillgamesh:

Chillgamesh fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jan 9, 2017

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Decided to do 1 last pull on the ff14 banner. One relic, hoping for another burst. What do I get?

Red XIII's Diamond Pin

gently caress you too DeNA

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

Zurai posted:

Orlandu has the best OSB in the game. It's stronger than other physical OSBs baseline (1500 vs 1200 potency) at the cost of a slightly longer cast time (3.7 seconds vs 2.5), it's dual elemental with both easily boostable and relatively common as weaknesses (holy and thunder), and most importantly it has an incredibly good secondary effect (Thunder God Mode, which grants 1/3 cast time for all the user's actions for 25 seconds).

The rest of the banner is good but not astounding. Even moreso than the Raines banner tonight, if yo
u pull on the TGCid banner you're pulling for a single relic.

I have no idea if it will be worthwhile but I have this here Smite soul break for Lightning and i definitely want to try insta summoning both charges of an Orlandu RW just to see how it looks.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Zurai posted:

The rest of the banner is good but not astounding. Even moreso than the Raines banner tonight, if you pull on the TGCid banner you're pulling for a single relic.

Not quite. There are new Agrias relics in there as well, and pretty much her whole kit is there. I personally have no relics for her but I still use her all the time because she's just that good.

I will be blowing all my mythril on this banner mostly for Agrias gear but any Orlandeau gear with be icing on the holy cake.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but Orlandeau is also supposed to have pretty rad stats at level 99.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Decided to do 1 last pull on the ff14 banner. One relic, hoping for another burst. What do I get?

Red XIII's Diamond Pin

gently caress you too DeNA

I want a Diamond Pin. I'm only missing that, his Trine relic, and the Crystal Comb to have a complete dog companion. :v:

Reminds me of the time I pulled on one of the first SB festivals and got an off banner Gold Barrette.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Two questions: When is the Nightmare banner coming out

Is the Platinum sword on any of these banners?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

The Summoner Nightmare looks to be estimated for the 24th and Platinum Sword makes an appearance on TGCid Banner 2 alongside his new SSB Chant as well as his BSB.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I'll probably just barely have enough myth for two 50s this month when the DU hits, so the question is: Summoner Nightmare, FFIX, X, or T? (my synergy is subpar for IX, X, and T)

IX-1 is so goddamn tempting because I love Zidane and a good draw on that banner could juice him out of control.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Heaven Spacey posted:

I'll probably just barely have enough myth for two 50s this month when the DU hits, so the question is: Summoner Nightmare, FFIX, X, or T? (my synergy is subpar for IX, X, and T)

IX-1 is so goddamn tempting because I love Zidane and a good draw on that banner could juice him out of control.

As long as you don't care about Cid Missions (they are a pain in the butt, the rewards aren't that great, but still nice), then pull wherever you want. If you like Zidane, take a shot at it. 'Tis my opinion anyway.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Please use characters that you like and pull on their game's banners and don't obsess over clearing every single dungeon in the game. :tipshat:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Elephant Ambush posted:

Please use characters that you like and pull on their game's banners and don't obsess over clearing every single dungeon in the game. :tipshat:
Not an emptyquote

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The Summoner Nightmare looks to be estimated for the 24th and Platinum Sword makes an appearance on TGCid Banner 2 alongside his new SSB Chant as well as his BSB.

Fuuuuck, the 24th? Okay when is this Banner 2 coming out? I'll have 50 mythril later tonight/tomorrow. Trying to plan a little.

But I'm sorta thinking I should def draw on that banner 2.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Two questions: When is the Nightmare banner coming out

Same. I'm really determined to smash Kaiser Dragon and craft Meltdown. I can usually drag Kaiser Dragon into the final phase, but he usually smashes me before I can finish the job. But I got a bunch of key SB's which I think should help, plus orbfest got me nice hones:

Magic BSBs: Veil of Wiyu, Sorceress' Awakening
Healing: Phoenix of Tycoon (BSB), Will of the White Mage, Divine Heal, Sync, Portrait of Lakshmi, Trabia's Light, Hymn of the Fayth, Oerba's Boon, MIracle Prayer (Vanille),
Medica II, Tailwind, Princess' Prayer (Ovelia)
Boosts: Vessel of Fate, Power of the Void, Ley Lines, Deployment Tactics
Defense: Sentinel's Grimoire, Stoneskin II, Aetherial Pulse
Mblinks (not sure if they're worth it in this fight): Neo Almagest, Keeper's Tome, Divine Heal, Princess' Prayer (Ovelia)
SPECIAL: Grand Cross

Kind of wish there was a web form to log what I have, at this point in the game I don't exactly remember everything I've got.

Now my magic kind of sucks, I've got
Chain Blizzaga (R2)
Blizzaja (R3)
Blizzaga (R4)
Chain Firaga (R2)
Firaja (R4)
Firaga (R4) + (R4)
Chain Thundaga (R1)
Thundaja (R4)
Thundaga (R4)
Chain Bioga (R1)
Biora (R4)
Waterja (R3)
Waterga (R4)
Meteor (R2)
Ruinga (R4)
Drainga (R4)
Drain (R4)

I've got some R4 summons too, but not sure how much I want to mess with them since they can take away from the tanking ability of Dr. Mog's crystal. I'm thinking I should run something like:

RW: wall

Alphinaud
Rinoa
Exdeath
Onion Keeper (full record dive)
Lenna

Alphinaud and Rinoa will be running with Blood of the Summoner/Espers to double up on magic and eventually BSB actions, Onion Keeper will boost/faithga and throw down magic, Lenna will be a healing machine, and Exdeath will either faithga or I can run my least honed chain-ga's and tank magic hits with Grand Cross. Does that sound like it would work?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Elephant Ambush posted:

a billion times this

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Elephant Ambush posted:

Unless you're a bitter vet getting hosed by the recent banners who's been playing since week one, because otherwise the game would be trivial.

Seriously, a single BSB and no OSBs out of 8 pulls on OSB fest and FFXIV-1 is really poor luck.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Welp.

I didn't get what I wanted, but I can't complain at all.

I got Hope's OSB(I own his BSB), Snow, Sazh and Cid's SSBs.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Dollar pull was trash, eleven pull was Hope's OSB. That's great, but I really needed quantity here. I just hope it gets me by.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

2/11, Battle Standard and Canopus AMPs. Blegh, no crazy Cid for me, definitely not pulling again with the summoning banner on the horizon.

Ah well, might be useful for CM stuff, I guess. This game fuckin' loves giving me guns for Sazh, that's my fifth one.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Got Raines BSB. :toot:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

1/11 Hope OSB. Turns out bitching about no OSBs got me an OSB. It's no Cid Burst, since I don't have Hope's BSB, but it's still a good 1/11.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dolla pull...

That's my second OSB from the Dollar pull. So uh yeah.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Decided to try a pull for Raines BSB since I had Mythril to spare.

Hope OSB, Serah SSB and Sazh SSB :toot:.

First OSB too, and my second holy SB other then Palom's Holy/Fire/Lightning SB. The game seems to be handing mage shouts to me now with Eddie, Papalymo and Serah. It's also nice to having something for my favourite character from XIII, Sazh.

XIII is now my strongest realm by far, so I'll have to wait for fest banners or the WoL limit chain banner if I want Raines BSB again.

edit: is everyone getting this OSB or what?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

pichupal posted:

edit: is everyone getting this OSB or what?

It kinda looks like it...

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

I posted it on Discord, but it's too good not to share:

Also I got Hope's OSB off the 100-gem. That's the best luck on banner I've ever seen, or likely ever will.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Benthalus posted:

Unless you're a bitter vet getting hosed by the recent banners who's been playing since week one, because otherwise the game would be trivial.

Seriously, a single BSB and no OSBs out of 8 pulls on OSB fest and FFXIV-1 is really poor luck.

I'm well past 0 for 8 on OSBs on OSB-having banners. It was well over a dozen pulls before I got a BSB, excluding the BSB-only banner.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Got cids and serahs SSB, both appear to be pretty good.

Further mage bursts continue to elude me :(

Also saving the rest for summoning banner.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Benthalus posted:

I got one OSB (Terra) and one BSB (Minfilia) out of 11 10-pulls during OSBfest + FFXIV

Edit: wait that's wrong. 3 BSBs. Still.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Whew! Somehow beat Lightning Cid Mission. Luckily she has low HP so I could blitz her down with Hope BSB and Serah using OK BSB magic command. She is no joke though! Now I just gotta go back in there and master it.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Missed Champion on the 200 torment dungeon because I forgot to bring an ice attack :doh:

gently caress that fight, so irritating I don't think I can be assed to do it again even for 5 MWOs.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

That tortoise was a fucker. Decided to forgo trying for mastery and threw Dismissal out the second try. I think I'm just going to ignore delay conditions from now on. It's just worthless and never helps. Still managed to master Lightning doing that, but not the shell bastard.

Will try that mech tomorrow, probably a good chance to take Kain's Burst for a spin but I can't be arsed right now.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kawalimus posted:

Whew! Somehow beat Lightning Cid Mission. Luckily she has low HP so I could blitz her down with Hope BSB and Serah using OK BSB magic command. She is no joke though! Now I just gotta go back in there and master it.

She's perfectly fine! Unless she spams AoEs. Which she does, constantly, at all times.

With just Protectga/Breakdowns, expect Crushing Blow to do 2000 damage to everyone each time she uses it. :shepface: Same with Waterga vs Shell.

It's telling that even when I'm packing Wall, I can't keep up with the damage she's making GBS threads out.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I spontaneously whaled a couple of 3 pulls on banner 1 because while the hot new thing is Cid's BSB I like the stuff on the first banner more and want Snow's BSB.

Came out with Noel's SSB instead. I'm okay with this, instant damage with auto-stun and two turns of powerchain is hot stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Is the CMs using three XIII characters, or using ONLY three?

• Locked thread