Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I have a feeling that Parad is going to be the secondary rider for the series, or at least the equivalent of Necrom and Chaser and turn to the side of good.

Also, Mighty Brothers XX. The perfect co-op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Taiga did something interesting and cool and not poo poo-heel so I guess the show is gonna be good.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I went and saw Heisei Generations VS Pac-Man Long Name Film this past weekend. I understood most of it, even with my weak Japanese, since a good half of the film was action and fanservice and it was fairly light on the plot.

An interesting, potentially spoiler-y thing depending on how canon this movie ends up being and what ends up being rewritten for the series:

Apparently Emu was Patient Zero for the Bugstar Virus six years ago. This is revealed prior to his forced transformation into Mighty Brothers via a Proto-Gashat+Mighty Action X combo, which was an incredibly cool sequence.

The rest was pretty neat but nothing groundbreaking. The three nameless antagonists were all really cool, although their fights were actually better prior to transforming into monsters. Really cool martial arts (and wrestling!) stuff.

Also, regardless of the actual quality of Wizard's series, hearing his theme kick on before he walks into frame is just loving cool. He also gets to be snarky and fun rather than brooding, which was nice.

Also also, even though Kouta's actor didn't appear in the movie itself, between this and Movie Wars Full Throttle, I love Gaim just goofing around and doing crazy poo poo in movies because he's a God. Always a great gag.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

So Movie Haruto continues to be best Haruto, pretty much

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Kouta is now a living, breathing Deus Ex Machina and I hope they do amazing things with that for as long as they can.

(Also, I miss Shotaro and Gentaro's interactions. I'd pay serious money for a W/Fourze team up spinoff movie.)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Uchuu Sentai.........KITAAAAAAAA!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm in just to see how this cluster gently caress works

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
I've been watching this goddamn show too long, I recognise that rooftop.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So if we use red as the base suit, blue is furry, orange has the tail, silver has scales, pink has wings, black is bulky, gold is more robotic and Yellow has the long nose visor. So what is different with Green's suit?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

mateo360 posted:

So if we use red as the base suit, blue is furry, orange has the tail, silver has scales, pink has wings, black is bulky, gold is more robotic and Yellow has the long nose visor. So what is different with Green's suit?

Green has a vagina. Really unique.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

mateo360 posted:

Bumps on the helmet

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Coq au Nandos posted:

I've been watching this goddamn show too long, I recognise that rooftop.
It's the only rooftop in all of toku.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Not a big fan of the shorts design, but then that's always been a thing that shows up for Sentai

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

An interesting, potentially spoiler-y thing depending on how canon this movie ends up being and what ends up being rewritten for the series:

Apparently Emu was Patient Zero for the Bugstar Virus six years ago. This is revealed prior to his forced transformation into Mighty Brothers via a Proto-Gashat+Mighty Action X combo, which was an incredibly cool sequence.

That actually would seem to fit with what just happened in this week's episode. Dan tells Parad that anyone who uses the Mighty Brothers XX Gashat will be infected with a massive amount of the Bugster virus and die. Parad goes behind Dan's back and gives the Gashat to Emu, who tries to use it to transform, and the virus pours out of his body. But then it looks like his body absorbs the virus, which enables him to use it.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Twelve by Pies posted:

It's good to know Azald being a cubeman actually turned out to be a plot point.

Even if, like a lot of other plot points, they did nothing with it until the end of the series. Which isn't knocking Zyohger, I think it's good, just a shame that they didn't do much interesting until the last stretch.

The director is apparently the same as Gokaiger's, and although the villains here still do more it's easy to see their influence.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/gtcaphi/status/819770190363693056

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

:yeah:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I wonder how many people will custom paint those Joycons.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Is this why this blew up or is it just a small world?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I wonder how many people will custom paint those Joycons.

Cyclone and Joker custom skins will probably be out Day 1 I bet

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jan 13, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Make the grip white and you got Xtreme.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

Speaking of which, I found a thing.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Xelkelvos posted:

I would totally buy them too.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Sign me the F UCK up for Double skins for the Switch.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I kinda don't want CycloneJoker skins because I would be physically incapable of not going "CYCLONE! JOKAH!" when snapping them in.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Dear god, full-power Azald is something else.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

If this is Azald I can't wait until it's Genis' turn.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Pyroi posted:

Dear god, full-power Azald is something else.

I really liked the thing where he punched Bird and World so hard that there was like an explosion trail coming out from behind them.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Okay so I check in on Sentai every time the endgame starts and holy gently caress is Zyuohger always this good?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Okay so I check in on Sentai every time the endgame starts and holy gently caress is Zyuohger always this good?

Yes.

The whole series has been amazing.

It's like an apology for Ninninger.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Haha wait, has Genis known this whole time that taking Azald to this planet would end up unleashing his true form? Because that's exactly the kind of bullshit I love.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Haha wait, has Genis known this whole time that taking Azald to this planet would end up unleashing his true form? Because that's exactly the kind of bullshit I love.

It's bigger then that. Genis specifically came to this planet, found Azald, and reconstructed him into his previous form while swiping all of Azald's memories purely because Genis thought it would be fun to do so.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

So we finally know something about what's so weird about Emu, which is nice. Having Taiga properly follow up on Kiriya's steps is pretty great too, as is the fact that Hiiro is finally opening up a bit.

Mighty Brothers XX was really fun to watch fight and that finisher is the exact level of overkill I like. Hopefully it'll be used often.

Zyuohger was also really good with Azald's true form just destroying everyone and I'm always a fan of enemies entering the Megazord scenes.

Toku, it is good. I like when both of my toku are good, and I hate when they're not, so I'm glad we aren't in Ghost/Ninninger anymore.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Guess it's about time to catch up on Zyuohger before these spoilers start making sense.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

So we finally know something about what's so weird about Emu, which is nice. Having Taiga properly follow up on Kiriya's steps is pretty great too, as is the fact that Hiiro is finally opening up a bit.

Mighty Brothers XX was really fun to watch fight and that finisher is the exact level of overkill I like. Hopefully it'll be used often.

The Mario Brothers reference in the fight against Alhambra was loving A-tier. Mighty Brothers XX might be the most "fun" powerup in Kamen Rider.

Hiiro's development is slow but it's happening, which is promising. Taiga replacing Kiriya as the investigator is a cool choice as he's already in a good position as a force to act upon CR and the others. I have a slight complaint about the hard power levels of the show, but Dan the Absolute Madman has already proven to be a threat outside of just punching people so I'm not currently too bothered that he''s getting clowned upon against Mighty Brothers XX. Nico's yet to pay off but watching her troll a grown man is fun.

Parad looks like he's going to be fun to watch next episode. Maybe we'll get a bit more focus on him in the next few episodes.

Ex-Aid owns.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Mighty Brothers XX is good and great.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

As someone who isn't following Zyuohger, how is the guy who played Kusaka in KR Faiz (Kohei Murakami) doing as the Bird Zyuman? I'm a larger fan of Faiz than most people here I presume, and he was amazing at playing an irredeemably awful sociopathic bigot in Faiz.

gourdcaptain fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 16, 2017

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

gourdcaptain posted:

As someone who isn't following Zyuohger, how is the guy who played Kusaka in KR Faiz (Kohei Murakami) doing as the Bird Zyuman? I'm a larger fan of Faiz than most people here I presume, and he was amazing at playing an irredeemably awful sociopathic bigot in Faiz.

He's kind of an aloof rear end in a top hat with a soft spot for the main character.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Waffleman_ posted:

I kinda don't want CycloneJoker skins because I would be physically incapable of not going "CYCLONE! JOKAH!" when snapping them in.

That's the entire point!

DoctorWhat fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jan 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm really hoping that we get some Azald vs. Genis action next week with him being pissed that Genis stole his memories from him. The preview kind of seems like there won't be a whole lot of it though, or it'll be a "Well first I'll destroy the Zyuohgers and THEN you" but then he'll be defeated. But, we'll see I suppose.

• Locked thread