Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Slammy posted:

Dick Tracy (October, 2009, click for big)

Looks like we're stuck in a time loop again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

fondue posted:

:catstare:

Every time I see one of these past marriage jokes I can't help but think of her marriage.

Same. Makes you wonder a bit whether on some level she knew (depending on when the problems started)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set isn't the brightest crayon in the box.

Working Daze is mostly empty.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is bullshit; everyone knows Guan Yu was cooler.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Evil Mastermind posted:

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is bullshit; everyone knows Guan Yu was cooler.

Guan Yu was also like, 1000 years earlier so wouldn't be in a retrospective of the 1430's. As cool as he is, he doesn't transcend time to exist eternally (or at least I don't think, I haven't finished Romance of the Three Kingdoms yet).

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Burl is a real punch in the dick

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

One of my favorite things about "Modesty Blaise" as it goes on is just how hard O'Donnell was willing to work to keep his plots from devolving into a gunfight. It's Batman levels of firearms avoidance and it's incredible.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

GoComics is a piece of poo poo now! The Chrome extension did nothing for me! Looks like we've sunk to cropped screenshot time! This is way too much effort for Luann.

Luann

Thankfully the rest of my comics are at Comics Kingdom, which is much easier to work with.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Yes, we all know you have a nice rear end, MJ.

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Well, this is uncomfortable.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Laputanmachine posted:

Buni is basically me.
That's Buni's father.

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean
Why are you two weirdos standing there watching them? :stare:

Johnny Aztec posted:

Man, the Popeye strips started out annoying and boring, but drat if it's not be really loving excellent for a while now.
Still incredibly slow-paced though. I just want them to get on with it.

ianvincible
Jan 23, 2004

catlord posted:

Guan Yu was also like, 1000 years earlier so wouldn't be in a retrospective of the 1430's. As cool as he is, he doesn't transcend time to exist eternally (or at least I don't think, I haven't finished Romance of the Three Kingdoms yet).

Well, Guan Yu was deified and is still worshiped as a deity in several religions, so in some sense he does.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

We are required to telework any snow days, so I feel you, Sal.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

ianvincible posted:

Well, Guan Yu was deified and is still worshiped as a deity in several religions, so in some sense he does.

He also periodically comes back as a vengeful ghost in the book, so there's no reason he couldn't gently caress some dudes up in the 1430s. Other than a lack of motivation, I guess.

Julet Esqu posted:

GoComics is a piece of poo poo now! The Chrome extension did nothing for me! Looks like we've sunk to cropped screenshot time! This is way too much effort for Luann.

The extension at least allows you to automatically upload a cropped area but, yeah, the only other way seems to be digging through the source code for the assetts.amuniversal.com link. Gross.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Julet Esqu posted:

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Well, this is uncomfortable.

I sincerely hope she decks him.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

SomeMathGuy posted:

The extension at least allows you to automatically upload a cropped area but, yeah, the only other way seems to be digging through the source code for the assetts.amuniversal.com link. Gross.

Load the source, search the page for "assets", the first link is golden. That's more steps than any sane person should want to take for Luann, but there you are.

I kind of hesitate to say all of that, just in case we're being watched. :tinfoil:

Bloom County

Peanuts: Year Six (October 13-16, 1955)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

SomeMathGuy posted:

My favorite thing is that GoComics seems to think people will pay to be able to resize the comics.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

SomeMathGuy posted:

He also periodically comes back as a vengeful ghost in the book, so there's no reason he couldn't gently caress some dudes up in the 1430s. Other than a lack of motivation, I guess.

If you're using a Mac, command-shift-4 lets you draw a box with your mouse and then automatically screenshots the area you defined and drops it on your desktop. It's what I used for Edge of Adventure this morning.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

My favorite thing is that GoComics seems to think people will pay to be able to resize the comics.

I pay Comics Kingdom to resize their comics. But they have good comics and a sizable vintage section, so...

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

fondue posted:

:catstare:

Every time I see one of these past marriage jokes I can't help but think of her marriage.

Neither can she; in her commentary for the strip on today's blog:

quote:

Strange to be reading this years after my divorce. It’s as if I was predicting things yet to come.

Snoopy is a dog.

Transmodiar fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jan 10, 2017

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

I pay Comics Kingdom to resize their comics. But they have good comics and a sizable vintage section, so...

It's just a pity that they take a million years to load. Their old site loaded almost instantly, the new one leaves me staring at spinning circles for way too long. It makes going back through their archives incredibly irritating.

I've got to say though, as a subscriber, the new GoComics looks pretty good to me. I can still right-click to save or copy the URL of comics, and if you click a comic to go to its actual page, then double-click it and copy, you get a transcription of the dialogue. For example, when I copy this Adam@Home

I get this in my clipboard

GoComics posted:

Katy: Mom, dad hurt his back again.
Katy: Oh no! It was probably all that shoveling. Is he upstairs?
Katy: No. He's still on the sidewalk.
Clayton: Just get on and I can drag you back.
Adam: Leave me, child! Let the scavengers take me!

So that's pretty handy. I especially like that it makes it so easy to find out the characters' names. And it still does the thing where it only loads comics that have updated that day until you click, so you're not wasting time loading the same weeklies every day. Plus the layout and design is much simpler and cleaner. The front page is a bit of a mess, but since I generally go straight to one of my "my comics" pages it's not really an issue.

In fact, I can't really see any down sides to the new version of the site. I haven't had much of a chance to go over it in detail yet, but the stuff I use regularly is all looking good, so if any problems exist they're in places where I'm not going to notice them much.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

catlord posted:

Guan Yu was posthumously made a Taoist deity, so he kinda does transcend time.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Really not a fan of this gocomics business.

Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

SomeMathGuy posted:

Option #1: Run this javascript from the console of your browser, usually opened with F12:
code:
$(".item-comic-link-disabled").removeClass("item-comic-link-disabled");
Option #2: Add a bookmark with this as the URL/URI, click it to run the above javascript on whatever page you're on:
code:
javascript:( function() { $(".item-comic-link-disabled").removeClass("item-comic-link-disabled"); } )();
Option #3: Add this CSS profile with Stylish to override the CSS they use to block right clicks, this one will work automatically whenever you open a page:
code:
.item-comic-link-disabled {
    pointer-events: auto !important;
    cursor: default !important;
}
Option #4: Use Greasemonkey or something to run the above javascript automatically but I don't have that installed right now so it doesn't get an example

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jan 10, 2017

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Elysiume posted:

Option #3: Add this CSS profile with Stylish to override the CSS they use to block right clicks, this one will work automatically whenever you open a page:
code:
}

Ah, that works terrifically. Thanks!

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Pooch Café

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil

Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Sounds about right, Amos. Halitosis bad enough to warp those frames would be pretty traumatizing.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Selachian posted:

I'm less interested in Lester's lame and lazy game of "wacky definitions" than I am the quote on the newspaper. Do you think he even knows who Franz Fanon is? (Certainly not enough to spell his name properly, but...)
God help me for defending Mike Wifebeater, but he actually is spelling Fanon's name right. http://www.iep.utm.edu/fanon/

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Gotta give BM credit for constantly finding new and nuanced ways to be gross and/or unsettling.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I'm sort of starting to ship the Spirit and Dick Tracy. They get along so well!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Elysiume posted:

Option #1: Run this javascript from the console of your browser, usually opened with F12:
code:
Option #2: Add a bookmark with this as the URL/URI, click it to run the above javascript on whatever page you're on:
code:
javascript:( function() { $(".item-comic-link-disabled").removeClass("item-comic-link-disabled"); } )();
code:
}
Option #4: Use Greasemonkey or something to run the above javascript automatically but I don't have that installed right now so it doesn't get an example

Thank you! Now I don't have to drop Gilchrist.

Nancy

Today's Dogg™

Dustin

Mandrake

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

for posterity

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Pickles

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

:devil: The two of us together, with great concentration, managed to break a single glass! We're unstoppable!
:drac: Mandrake won't know what hit him!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Tumblr of scotch posted:

God help me for defending Mike Wifebeater, but he actually is spelling Fanon's name right. http://www.iep.utm.edu/fanon/

sigh. Well, that'll teach me to get pedantic without double-checking first.

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elysiume posted:

code:
}

Thanks for this, I was gonna ask. Because it made things a pain.

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon is huge because I pulled it off of Boyce's site for once.

Bizarro

Dilbert

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Elysiume posted:

code:

Don't mind me, just quoting this so I can find it later.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Didn't PHB kill off Ted a few weeks ago?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Don't mind me, just quoting this so I can find it later.

Those should go to the OP.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
:geno:

Tomorrow on Ripley's: "Something Awful poster 'Horse Penis Obama' made a Loss edit that got five empty quotes."

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Elysiume posted:

code:
code:
code:
}
I've only got one comic on GoComics so I don't really need this...yet, but I want to second Kennel: Could this be added to the OP for easy future reference?

F Minus

Edit: Oh this is kind of blurry, isn't it? Maybe I do need one of the above solutions.

Mary Worth

Bingo or Shuffleboard?

Rex Morgan MD

Oh boy here we go. I imagine she won't remember Mrs. Pierpont either.

Secret Agent X-9

"You dare doubt my conclusion? Do you not see my pince-nez?"

Apartment 3-G

"You're not going anywhere until I get my high-five."

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Johnny Walker posted:

Bingo or Shuffleboard?

Bridge. :pervert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT