Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I feel like if they're going to have one of the boys die, it's not going to be via combat but rather as making a sacrifice, so I'm sure there will be a few more fights in the arc, but not many since he wouldn't want to accidentally get them into a situation where one of them fails a series of rolls real bad and just ends up straight up dying (which would almost definitely be Taako at this point).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I think clint would be the best DM. Justin would be good but didn't he do TAZ Nights? That was way too heavy on world building. And didnt they say Travis never wanted to dm?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Travis did Nights, Justin doesn't wanna DM.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Travis did Nights, Justin doesn't wanna DM.

Ah, OK. Yeah Clint should DM the next one. He's got the comic book experience going for him, and I think his goofy humor would really shine through in a DM setting.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Asiina posted:

Travis' TAZ campaign would be a biweekly cry podcast where we all tune in to have a genuine emotional journey.

But that's what half the TAZ posts in this thread already are, and it's the loving worst!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

But that's what half the TAZ posts in this thread already are, and it's the loving worst!

hey now, some of them are complaining that they had the gall to let other people do an episode instead of skipping a week

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams

PostNouveau posted:

I think clint would be the best DM. Justin would be good but didn't he do TAZ Nights? That was way too heavy on world building. And didnt they say Travis never wanted to dm?

Idk, TAZ Nights had a lot of world building for a one-shot but it would be fun for a longer campaign. He just had to front-load the exposition to set the stage, rather than revealing things over time the way Griffin has done.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Watch Justin's top five games of 2016 video, he talks about how he finds Minecraft overwhelming and only likes to build the Lego model from the instructions. He's just not the kind of person who would want to or even be able to DM a game. He's funny as poo poo but he's not a super creative person.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Also every time he says lets move on an angel dies of asphyxiation.

It should be Clint just from how much pride he takes in his horrible jokes.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Clint would not be a good DM because then he would actually have to learn the rules. It is very easy for a novice DM to gently caress up 5th edition combat and murder everyone.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Piell posted:

Clint would not be a good DM because then he would actually have to learn the rules. It is very easy for a novice DM to gently caress up 5th edition combat and murder everyone.

They can get him a nerd consultant or something to handle the combat parts.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Griffin is the DM; a great DM, and perhaps the only DM worthy of the title on TAZ. I haven't heard TAZ: Nights yet and I'm sure Trav does a great job, but Griffin is just so good it's hard to imagine anyone else doing it

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Or I'm sure there's noncombat versions of D&D somewhere.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If Stu was up for it I'd like to see him DM the Quattro horny boys.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy

Piell posted:

I mean it would be amazing if he plans out a whole adventure and everyone dies in hour 2 and they just have to start over with something else

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I understand why Griffin wouldn't want to do them anymore, but he should do songs for the moneyzone again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct4LMymXjZI

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Griffin just donated $100 on stream at AGDQ and put it towards naming the player character "THE FINAL PAM" during the Fallout: New Vegas run

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Clint shouldn't run DnD. Clint should run one of the more rules-lite systems, like Dungeon World or any of the *World variants.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Asiina posted:

I feel like if they're going to have one of the boys die, it's not going to be via combat but rather as making a sacrifice, so I'm sure there will be a few more fights in the arc, but not many since he wouldn't want to accidentally get them into a situation where one of them fails a series of rolls real bad and just ends up straight up dying (which would almost definitely be Taako at this point).

I'm envisioning a scenario where the three of them somehow have to choose which one of them will die. (Which would almost just be a transparent setup to kill Magnus because of course he'd insist on doing it, but whatever.) With the way these guys have managed to combine goofs with high emotional drama so far, that would make for one amazing scene.

greatn posted:

If Stu was up for it I'd like to see him DM the Quattro horny boys.

Ooo I'd be way into that.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

VanSandman posted:

Clint shouldn't run DnD. Clint should run one of the more rules-lite systems, like Dungeon World or any of the *World variants.

I agree. I don't know too many systems to compare it to but that was my thought as well. Dungeon World is quite easy. I only played one session before I felt comfortable DMing it myself. It would also be a good fit for the kind of group storytelling they do.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Somebody did all the Tarot major arcana cards for The Adventure Zone!

From the little I know about tarot, these are all really spot-on character choices too.

showbiz_liz fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jan 10, 2017

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Having a hard time figuring out who is who on some of these.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

purple death ray posted:

Watch Justin's top five games of 2016 video, he talks about how he finds Minecraft overwhelming and only likes to build the Lego model from the instructions. He's just not the kind of person who would want to or even be able to DM a game. He's funny as poo poo but he's not a super creative person.

yea Justin is really clever and fantastic at playing off others but he seems like the kinda guy who can very easily be overwhelmed by choices, so throw him in a wide sandbox and say 'yea you can literally do anything you want here' he may not be as down for that vs just playing a role and reacting.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

The only two I can't figure out are The Magician and The Tower.

Edit: Looked it up, The Magician is Avi, The Tower is Julia.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jan 10, 2017

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

The Magician is Avi, you can see the cannonball containing the THB behind him. The Tower is less clear. At first I thought it was the Refuge clock tower, but then I saw that the figure is dropping a pair of tongs. It's Julia.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I think I got pretty much all of them bar one or two

0: Taako
1: ??? Avi?(the BoB guy who launches the glass spheres)
2: Voidfish
3: June/Temporal Chalice (11th hour)
4: Klarg
5: Red Cloak
6: Killian & Carey Fangbattle
7: Sloane & Hurley (Petals to the Metal)
8: Magnus
9: Yohan the bard
10: Team Rocket Elves (Suffering Game)
11: Istus, Goddess of Fate (11th Hour)
12: either Jack or Isaac (11th Hour)
13: Kravitz
14: Noelle (Crystal Kingdom)
15: The Grand Relics
16: Destruction of Fandolin
17: Angus
18: The Director
19: Merle
20: Roswell (11th Hour)
21: Lucas (Crystal Kingdom)

E: I guess Julia/ravens roost also makes sense for 16, thought that might have been Noelle in the foreground
E2: man did 11th hour have a lot of good characters.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 10, 2017

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Yeah that one could be way clearer. It seems like, similar to Kravitz's dreadlocks, the fanartists have all kind of settled on giving Julia that big poofy hairdo, but without that context it kinda just looks like a bunch of shapes. Julia is a perfect choice for the Tower card though, it basically means 'sudden horrible destruction/upheaval out of nowhere'

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Roswell's armour isn't nearly fat enough

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's the hammer and tongs that give it away as Julia rather than the figure itself.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Oh it looks like if you go to the blog tag for 'taz tarot,' you can see earlier posts where the artist says who they all are. Blasmeister has it except for-

The Hanged Man (16) is Isaac rather than Jack. (Looking at the meaning of that card, it's almost hilariously apt - meanings include feeling suspended outside of time, renouncing a claim, giving up control, ending a long struggle)
The Tower (16) is Julia.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Same artist.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I wanna munch!

http://bigstory.ap.org/d1cb3aa688d545d1987e47290546f05d

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

*annoyed sigh* Squad...

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Oh HELL yes, was wondering what happened to these after the test market period

(I unironically keep up with the kind of "news" Munch Squad demolishes :smith: )

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

BigRed0427 posted:

*annoyed sigh* Squad...

I want to believe that the reason Travis and Griffin go along with Munch Squad is because Justin is throwing around the power that comes from being Oldest. Same reason Justin and Griffin poo poo on Sad Libs. On both segments the non-performing brothers are audibly annoyed...

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I think it's just because exasperated straight men are funny.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Yeah, all of their bits, except maybe Farm Wisdom, have been framed around the other two loving hating it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

Yeah, all of their bits, except maybe Farm Wisdom, have been framed around the other two loving hating it.

I think Griffin and Travis both liked Haunted Doll Watch though. They all seemed to enjoy the monthly observances bit at first, but they turned on it quickly.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

purple death ray posted:

I think Griffin and Travis both liked Haunted Doll Watch though. They all seemed to enjoy the monthly observances bit at first, but they turned on it quickly.

I think most of the time they acted annoyed when Justin started Haunted Doll Watch, just because their other tradition is one of them springing a bit out of nowhere. As soon as a bit has something funny to goof on, they drop the annoyance so they can keep momentum going. Weird that never happened with a Sad Lib...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Sad Libs exists so that Justin and Griffin can have a reason to not feel guilty about dunking on him the rest of the time.