Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Renoistic posted:

I enjoy the game quite a lot but it's kind of silly that there aren't any cities that are as big as the two main cities in LR. Open fields and forests are nice, but give me more and larger cities to explore! Also, it's just embarassing how many clones there are in Lestallum, especially concidering the low number of NPCs.

Also, FF9 is my least favorite PSX FF. It's just so sloooooooooooooooooooooow. I do enjoy that ending though :unsmith:
My favorites are still 6, 7 and 10, but I've beaten 4 the most times (SNES, PSX, GBA, DS).

There is one city later on but it is unfotunately basically EXACTLY at the point they started going "throw this poo poo in, we gotta hit launch" so it's a very large but incredibly underpopulated city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Renoistic posted:

I enjoy the game quite a lot but it's kind of silly that there aren't any cities that are as big as the two main cities in LR. Open fields and forests are nice, but give me more and larger cities to explore! Also, it's just embarassing how many clones there are in Lestallum, especially concidering the low number of NPCs.

Also, FF9 is my least favorite PSX FF. It's just so sloooooooooooooooooooooow. I do enjoy that ending though :unsmith:
My favorites are still 6, 7 and 10, but I've beaten 4 the most times (SNES, PSX, GBA, DS).

FF6 is my favorite sprite FF because you murder a train and any game that lets you murder a train is a good game in my book.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

ratbert90 posted:

FF6 is my favorite sprite FF because you murder a train and any game that lets you murder a train is a good game in my book.

While running away from it no less!

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

ratbert90 posted:

I want a remake just to see how on earth can they portray all the crazy poo poo in that game in modern graphics

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Nina posted:

I want a remake just to see how on earth can they portray all the crazy poo poo in that game in modern graphics

I'm not entirely sure how they could pull this off with the FFXV battle system which I think is what they're using for FFVII.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Baron Corbyn posted:

I'm not entirely sure how they could pull this off with the FFXV battle system which I think is what they're using for FFVII.

cutscene?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Baron Corbyn posted:

They mocked up the trailer with the XV (Luminous) engine, but it'll actually be developed with Unreal.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Gammatron 64 posted:

I dunno, maybe it's just because we're old.

I'm old and also think 9 is great but I think I like x slightly better, and x-2 even more-er

I also thought xiii and xiii-2 were pretty good so take that for what you will

Baron Corbyn posted:

No they're not.

Anyways, I could see it being made to play something like cloud's final battle with Sephiroth in advent children looks, or how the final battle in Titanfall 2 plays. If you were to make that battle in XV with Noct he'd be constantly airbattling the thing's face while frantically warping to rail signs to stay ahead. The bros would have to be captured on the train or something or possibly a mobile warp point with a thing on the car racing alongside.

Now I want to have that battle - you have to rescue lunafreya from the train with the main bad guy cackling at the controls and the front of the train with an arm like demon wall and your bros racing alongside with the regalia which you can warp out to in order to reload your mp for more airstrikes

Squeenix hire me!

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Baron Corbyn posted:

The way they'd have to do it is to just have actual off map random encounters. I mean Simmons in FF6 were actually better than summons have been ever since. I don't want to watch a long rear end summon sequence. Just come in and do your poo poo and get out.

But yes I want to see Sabin suplex a train in glorious 3D HD.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Also don't tell me for a minute that Kefka Tower, Figaro/Doma, the floating continent wouldn't be loving amazing in modern graphics.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I'm really hoping the reason CC2 is one of the developers for FF7R is specifically for their expertise in ridiculous action choreography. They could pull stuff like the train suplex off too if they ever wanna do an FF6R

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

bango skank posted:

The whole capital of the invading empire is a ghost town with everyone turned into demons and somehow no one knows until we arrive? Who cares! Your best friend since childhood is somehow also a test tube baby for some super soldier program that was previously and never again mentioned, while having zero bearing or consequence for the story? Of course! What the gently caress was with Ardyn making you see Prompto as him on the train? I mean the bit where you're chasing him through the train and it's clearly Prompto with some illusion making Noctis see him as Ardyn. Why isnt that poo poo explained?! WHY THE gently caress IS THERE A RANDOM 10 YEAR TIMESKIP WITH ZERO EXPLANATION?!

This game sucked.

People mention something going on in the capital before you get there. They don't know what, because everyone is daemons, so how would news have gotten out? The Empire most likely tried to contain it, as well, while it still existed.

The entirety of chapter 13 is Noctis finding out what has been happening in the capital and how Ardyn gave the Empire the technology/ability to create daemon soldiers. It's not "out of nowhere"...it's an entire loving chapter. Sorry you don't know how to pay attention.

Ardyn made Noctis push Prompto off the train thinking he was pushing Ardyn off to gently caress with him...like he does throughout the entire game. And it works. What needs to be explained about that? Do you need a summary after each chapter breaking down every event for your tiny brain to understand?

Noctis is obviously trapped within the crystal for ten years...there is no "skip"...he was just not conscious for those ten years, so you don't see what happened. Again, it's you that is dumb here, not the game.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

should get together a group of people and make a modern adaptation then get DMCA'd when we're pretty far along

Ardyn's motivation is that he's been alive for like 2000 years and knows he can't die so he just fucks around because he can

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Nina posted:

I'm really hoping the reason CC2 is one of the developers for FF7R is specifically for their expertise in ridiculous action choreography. They could pull stuff like the train suplex off too if they ever wanna do an FF6R

To be fair, Sabin was just Suplexing the locomotive. You detach the majority of the train before you fight him. Of course as soon as you win the cars are back and Cyan's family gets on.

BTW someone once told me it was pronounced "kai-anne" as opposed to "sai-anne". I'm sure one of you nerds know if that's correct.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Cowman posted:

should get together a group of people and make a modern adaptation then get DMCA'd when we're pretty far along

Ardyn's motivation is that he's been alive for like 2000 years and knows he can't die so he just fucks around because he can

Didn't that guy who made a full 3D of the initial invasion of Narshe get DMCAd?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

JetsGuy posted:

BTW someone once told me it was pronounced "kai-anne" as opposed to "sai-anne". I'm sure one of you nerds know if that's correct.

His name in the Japanese version is Cayenne as in the pepper so probably.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

JetsGuy posted:

It is, but it's like the Aeris/Aerith thing - everyone knows the dude is Cyan, Cyan is pronounced cyan, therefore his name is Cyan and the ones being accurate end up looking like weirdos all the same.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

ROFL Octopus posted:

Ok here's my deal on 9. It has great characters. Its setting is awesome and every town is unique. Gameplay is awesome; for the past two games you had characters that were virtually identical except for limit breaks, but in this game everyone has two unique abilities, while still having lots of customization. The game even today looks amazing. It has bar none the best soundtrack in the series.

But it's so. loving. Slow. Load times are horrendous and just lol at the frame rate most of the time. I love the game so much but that's what keeps me from replaying it all the time.

Thank god I'm not the only one. Seriously, if the game was released today in that state on modern consoles it would get torn to shreds and receive 2 gb optimisation patches.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The game was released recently. It was called bloodborne.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Tae posted:

The game was released recently. It was called bloodborne.

Bloodborne was amazing, shut your whore mouth

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Gammatron 64 posted:

Bloodborne was amazing, shut your whore mouth

There's no direction and a bunch of random garbage until you get to the bosses which have designs all over the place. Poorly paced and the lack of starting options really hurt the game.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Bloodborne was good but it's probably my least favorite of the Souls games. I really dug the first four or five bosses I faced since they could actually kill you, but I feel like afterwards there's a fairly long stretch of game before anything is actually a threat again.

I dunno how much of that is on the game generally being a bit easy or the fact that it was the fourth game in the series.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Raxivace posted:

Bloodborne was good but it's probably my least favorite of the Souls games. I really dug the first four or five bosses I faced since they could actually kill you, but I feel like afterwards there's a fairly long stretch of game before anything is actually a threat again.

I dunno how much of that is on the game generally being a bit easy or the fact that it was the fourth game in the series.

It has definitely a pretty frontloaded difficulty curve.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Nina posted:

It has definitely a pretty frontloaded difficulty curve.

I only played DS3 but isn't that all Souls games?

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

JetsGuy posted:

I only played DS3 but isn't that all Souls games?

DkS3 has like the smoothest difficulty curve in the whole series though. It gradually gets tougher and doesn't really have any early game screw you bosses

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bloodborne is what I would call a perfect gameplay game if Doom 2016 didn't exist.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Jesus christ guys, my comment about Bloodborne was that it had lovely load times on launch day

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Remember everyone's names in this thread. Never trust their judgment on video games.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Tae posted:

Jesus christ guys, my comment about Bloodborne was that it had lovely load times on launch day

Souls and Fallout are the two games that should never be spoken of outside of their respective threads.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Demon's Souls was the best Zelda game since Zelda 2 IMHO

Fake edit: gently caress bloodborne, ff15 is good

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I think my biggest sadness while playing FF15 was heading to Tenebrae. If you watched Brotherhood, specifically Ignis' episode, you know that Noctis had a dessert there that he absolutely loved. The entire time, Noct is like "CAN WE STOP AT TENEBRAE?" and Gladio is all "no, shut up there's no reason" but you go there anyways, but it's on fire and destroyed. And Ignis will never be able to replicate that recipe :smith:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

seiferguy posted:

I think my biggest sadness while playing FF15 was heading to Tenebrae. If you watched Brotherhood, specifically Ignis' episode, you know that Noctis had a dessert there that he absolutely loved. The entire time, Noct is like "CAN WE STOP AT TENEBRAE?" and Gladio is all "no, shut up there's no reason" but you go there anyways, but it's on fire and destroyed. And Ignis will never be able to replicate that recipe :smith:

Complete the berry sidequest at Galdin Quay.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Oxxidation posted:

Complete the berry sidequest at Galdin Quay.

The one that involves exchanging carrots? I did. I must have missed something...

edit: didn't actually order the food there. That'd be my problem.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 10, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ROFL Octopus posted:

Ok here's my deal on 9. It has great characters. Its setting is awesome and every town is unique. Gameplay is awesome; for the past two games you had characters that were virtually identical except for limit breaks, but in this game everyone has two unique abilities, while still having lots of customization. The game even today looks amazing. It has bar none the best soundtrack in the series.

But it's so. loving. Slow. Load times are horrendous and just lol at the frame rate most of the time. I love the game so much but that's what keeps me from replaying it all the time.

Can I get an amen. Can I get a witness. Can I get a kill me, I just got into another random encounter I'll light you on fire somebody kill me!!!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Millennial Sexlord posted:

Demon's Souls was the best Zelda game since Zelda 2 IMHO

Fake edit: gently caress bloodborne, ff15 is good

Actually the best Zelda is Darksiders 1.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Had some trouble with something early in the game and a google search wasn't much help but I figured it out on my own and thought I would share.

During the first time you talk to Cid about upgrading your weapons, he tells you to go get a piece of scrap metal. If you already have one in your inventory, the quest registers that it's there and progresses the quest automatically to "give scrap to Cid". However, Cid just sits there and keeps telling you to go get it. You have to get that specific piece of metal scrap (it's at the edge of the Hammerhead lot behind the garage) for him to upgrade your weapon.

Same thing happened with Takka and the tomatoes. I had some in inventory and the quest progressed to "give ingredient to Takka" but he wouldn't take the ones I already had - I had to run out and find the specific ones that the quest originally called for.

Easy enough fix but it's kind of a pain because when the quest advances you lose the markers for where the metal scrap and tomatoes are.

e: Also what is even the point of having gas in the car? It's so cheap that it's pretty pointless to even have it as something you need to buy. I'm guessing later in the game you have to travel long enough distances that it matters but so far I haven't needed to care about it at all.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jan 10, 2017

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Had some trouble with something early in the game and a google search wasn't much help but I figured it out on my own and thought I would share.

During the first time you talk to Cid about upgrading your weapons, he tells you to go get a piece of scrap metal. If you already have one in your inventory, the quest registers that it's there and progresses the quest automatically to "give scrap to Cid". However, Cid just sits there and keeps telling you to go get it. You have to get that specific piece of metal scrap (it's at the edge of the Hammerhead lot behind the garage) for him to upgrade your weapon.

Same thing happened with Takka and the tomatoes. I had some in inventory and the quest progressed to "give ingredient to Takka" but he wouldn't take the ones I already had - I had to run out and find the specific ones that the quest originally called for.

Easy enough fix but it's kind of a pain because when the quest advances you lose the markers for where the metal scrap and tomatoes are.

e: Also what is even the point of having gas in the car? It's so cheap that it's pretty pointless to even have it as something you need to buy. I'm guessing later in the game you have to travel long enough distances that it matters but so far I haven't needed to care about it at all.

I think this might just be a glitch. I was able to do those quests on NG+ without having to go anywhere.

And no, the gas never matters.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Actually the best Zelda is Darksiders 1.

No, Darksiders 1 was the best Zelda since Zelda 1, and then there was Zelda 2, and Demon's Souls is the best Zelda since Zelda 2. :goonsay:

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Millennial Sexlord posted:

No, Darksiders 1 was the best Zelda since Zelda 1, and then there was Zelda 2, and Demon's Souls is the best Zelda since Zelda 2. :goonsay:
That doesn't make any sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
Anybody else find the dartboard at the hunter place north of Hammerfell? Getting a bullseye will give you 3 AP, but only once. It was a cool little find.

• Locked thread