Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Alice is cool and has good/funny interactions with multiple characters and is best jerk-friends with Marisa. Also she is obsessed with her dolls but still fills them all with gunpowder and blows them up without giving a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
If any of the bits from the PC-98 series are still canon, Alice might have been made rather than born.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Perfect Memento in Strict Sense describes her as a human-turned-yokai and therefore significantly more understanding of humans than the average yokai.

That doesn't necessarily contradict her being created by Shinki, but still.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I was just reading that article too and then remembered this

quote:

"A while ago, I saw a weird doll with another doll inside it. Isn't that the work of a doll youkai?" (Reimu Hakurei)

That's a matryoshka doll.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

SirSlarty posted:

Every Touhou character will be playable in the next game so everyone will be appeased.

About time we got another Phantasmagoria.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Futo will once again reveal her Futomomo to a breathless Gensoukyo.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

El Burbo posted:

Basically, you're either born a Magician like Patchouli or you get skilled enough in it that you can fuel your body through magic at which point you become a youkai.

Specifically, Alice turned into a Magician youkai so recently that she still eats and sleeps and whatnot while not needing to anymore. Her mindset is still very human.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Alice is basically a lich.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Gamerofthegame posted:

Alice is basically a lich.

Is Hourai or Shanghai her phylactery then?

Random nerd fact! Lich is also the name of a star! PSR B1257+12, or the first star to actually have planets confirmed to orbit it.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

iospace posted:

the first star to actually have planets confirmed to orbit it.

I think there was at least one other star that we confirmed as having planets orbiting it first. :smugdog:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

z0glin Warchief posted:

I think there was at least one other star that we confirmed as having planets orbiting it first. :smugdog:

I love the smell of technicalities in the morning.

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

How can planets orbit around a star when all stars orbit around the Earth

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i agree with reimu on the subject of how whenever anyone tries to explain anything related to lunarians, it just kind of passes straight through my brain with no parsing whatsoever

it's such a weird sorta-metaplot for the series to have. perhaps it doesn't help matters that when I hear 'shrine maidens' and 'the moon' i immediately start thinking of Kannazuki no Miko

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Gyra_Solune posted:

i agree with reimu on the subject of how whenever anyone tries to explain anything related to lunarians, it just kind of passes straight through my brain with no parsing whatsoever

it's such a weird sorta-metaplot for the series to have. perhaps it doesn't help matters that when I hear 'shrine maidens' and 'the moon' i immediately start thinking of Kannazuki no Miko

Moon rabbits are Ainu except the Yayoi culture made them wear cosplay instead of driving them northward.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Alice is the one putting all those haunted dolls on ebay.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
If Alice's dream is to created a fully autonomous doll that is functionally alive shouldn't she be researching AI instead of dollmaking

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

If Alice's dream is to created a fully autonomous doll that is functionally alive shouldn't she be researching AI instead of dollmaking

I think technically she's researching magic. Which can probably cover that too.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
...i kind of want to get really good at drawing, solely for the purpose of actually drawing the Prismrivers as Aquarion/Getter, because the really neat pool of touhous as mecha is lacking them, and I can like, see how you'd get Getter 1 and 2 out of Lyrica and Merlin extremely easily...the trumpet'd probably be Lunasa's hair or something...

then i guess i could do the also nonexistent Yamame, Kokoro, and Parsee in order of difficulty figuring out what they ought to be

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

Considering how often making shikigami is described as writing OS, that's probably what she is already doing.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Gyra_Solune posted:

...i kind of want to get really good at drawing, solely for the purpose of actually drawing the Prismrivers as Aquarion/Getter, because the really neat pool of touhous as mecha is lacking them, and I can like, see how you'd get Getter 1 and 2 out of Lyrica and Merlin extremely easily...the trumpet'd probably be Lunasa's hair or something...

then i guess i could do the also nonexistent Yamame, Kokoro, and Parsee in order of difficulty figuring out what they ought to be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXp6T9l8zOw&t=126s

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

yes this is exactly what inspires the reasoning as to why they'd be Aquarion! a lot of the ones I've seen are in that style, stuff like Suwako being one of those old Zeon amphibious mechs, and Yuuka being the Rafflesia from F91, and Kyouko as the RahXephon, and so on and so on

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Where can I read Cage in Lunatic Renegade? I've been looking around for it but I can't find it anywhere, despite everything else being on bato.to.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
It's just a novel with a few pictures inserted, so it can be read on the wiki.

https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Cage_in_Lunatic_Runagate

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

horriblePencilist posted:

Where can I read Cage in Lunatic Renegade? I've been looking around for it but I can't find it anywhere, despite everything else being on bato.to.

It's not on batoto because it's not a manga. The touhou wiki has it all translated

https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Cage_in_Lunatic_Runagate/Aphorism

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

El Burbo posted:

It's not on batoto because it's not a manga. The touhou wiki has it all translated

https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Cage_in_Lunatic_Runagate/Aphorism

Ah, makes sense. Thanks.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
hello friends. i stand amongst you naked, my breasts reaching hopeless for the sky.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i missed you, Avshalom

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
is it supposed to be renegade or runagate, my money's on the first because that's an actual word so then why

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Runagate is a word

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked

El Burbo posted:

Runagate is a word

:doh: Now the title makes sense. I thought it was only a weird play on words. "Runa" -> "Luna" -> "Lunar"

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Caged in Lunatic Runagate.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

El Burbo posted:

Runagate is a word

it's just a weird medieval spelling of renegade, that doesn't count!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
what is an imperishable night

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
A night that you can keep in a can to eat years later.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
no no, they got it all wrong, rumia eats a lot of things but she wears night

...though i'm sure someone somewhere has sold canned clothes

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

remember when Yukari used to dump human remains down wells

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

a cartoon duck posted:

remember when Yukari used to dump human remains down wells

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if she's still doing it.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
For anyone who likes voting on stuff, they're doing that Touhou popularity poll thing again. Favorite characters/songs/otp/etc

And I guess I'll throw in my votes too, for anyone who cares.

1. Mokou
2. Miko
3. Byakuren
4. Sakuya
5. Junko
6. Sagume
7. Yuyuko but secretly I voted for Mima

and music wise
1. Lullaby of a Deserted Hell
2. Extend Ash
3. Magus Night
4. Last Remote
5. Satori Maiden
6. Nuclear Fusion
7. Reverse Ideology
8. True Administrator
9. Grimoire of Alice
10. Pristine Beat

Maybe I'll do the games poll in a bit, but thats what Ive got so far.

Golden Battler fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jan 15, 2017

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I'm glad the shipping poll is back. :mrgw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1. Yukari
2. Yukari
3. Yukari