Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Syrnn posted:

The Brimstone symbol is historically an alchemical symbol for sulfur, which was adopted by Anton LaVey as the "Leviathan Cross" because of the association of sulfur with the Devil. Despite the late adoption, Christian tract writers took it and ran with it to demonstrate the organized threat of Satanism in the US, branding it the 'pontifical cross of Satan'. Also the Illuminati symbol you're looking for is the Owl of Minerva there with "BC" for Bohemian Club, one of many supposed claimants to the succession of the 'Bavarian Illuminati' from which so many conspiracy theories borrow the name. You have to hand it to him though, Dees seems very committed to being literate in the esoteric world of imaginary threats to Christendom America.
:goonsay:

The fact he is so thorough and detailed almost makes me wonder if he is actually not a crazy person and is in fact maybe a very good troll. Almost

ratbert90 posted:

Out of all the conspiracy theories out there; I would love lizard people to be true. :allears:

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

context posted:

Sign Marking Mixed Prayer Space at Western Wall Removed by Jerusalem City Officials
Non-Orthodox worshippers were shocked to discover Sunday morning that a sign marking their temporary mixed prayer space at the Western Wall had been removed by Jerusalem city officials. ...The sign was removed in response to a complaint from Betzedek, an ultra-Orthodox organization that opposes mixed prayer services at the Jewish holy site.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

A Dry Bones cartoon that doesn't take the worst side available? Shocking.

If there's one group that is sure to make every skin color feel at ease, it's definitely the neonazis!

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Poor, poor oppressed white people. Feeling so sad about being white. I mean, its not like they are profiled for anything worse than "probably racist" rather than "probably a criminal: shoot to kill" but... you know. Poor, poor white folk.

Anyway, two Clovii

There are no real restrictions in Jamaica for felons making money from their crimes. Musicians especially write songs about what they did and get contracts. Won't someone think of the poor executioners??

For context: Clovis and Jamaica are not pro-Trump, but Clovis is pro-immigration. This is more of a "practice what you preach" kind of thing.

Bonus comment (for patois)!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Cat Mattress posted:

If there's one group that is sure to make every skin color feel at ease, it's definitely the neonazis!
Well you see, the thing is that white people are made to feel bad for their skin color because of how society harasses, guilts, oppresses, and punishes them for it.
Incidentally this is true of no other group.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Somfin posted:

Like that one artist who draws ultra-sexualised underage girls sucking cocks and being exploited but then he swaps out the cocks for cell phones and all of a sudden it's legal to put it on Facebook.
I can't decide if I'm judging you for knowing about this or just sadly sighing that this probably isn't actually a unique description of only a single individual on the internet.

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

Weird owl has life all figured out
I'm sorry to bother y'all; my girlfriend is a schoolteacher who's teaching her students "Maus" (the graphic novel about the Holocaust) and I mentioned that while reading last years politoon's thread I saw someone post a series of cartoons depicting jewish people as mice/rats/rodents.

Anyone happen to have those handy? She wants to bring some historical context in for the author's decision to depict jews as mice, explain why it was a shocking decision at the time.

I appreciate your time and attention.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Nenonen posted:

Uhm, Dees, salami is not kosher, at least make it a pineapple pizza or something other if you want to blame the ZOG for it.
The lizard ZOG Illuminati may have faked the holocaust, did 9/11, and filled the air with chemtrails, but pineapple on pizza is a line even they will not cross.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

:perfect:

Fulchrum posted:

They can't sell it and their value is only slipping. What do they have to lose?

Their offices being un-firebombed is one of the bits of value they have.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

CampingCarl posted:

The lizard ZOG Illuminati may have faked the holocaust, did 9/11, and filled the air with chemtrails, but pineapple on pizza is a line even they will not cross.

I'm a lizard ZOG Illuminati and I ate pizza with pineapple just yesterday.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jerusalem posted:

He said Meryl Streep was overrated. I'm fairly certain that should automatically get you the death penalty.

Donald only has three insults: overrated, failing, ugly/fat, all insults that have been leveled at him that he took very personal and, as a narcissist and an idiot, thinks are just as devastating to others as they are to him.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Cat Mattress posted:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Duke Igthorn posted:

Donald only has three insults: overrated, failing, ugly/fat, all insults that have been leveled at him that he took very personal and, as a narcissist and an idiot, thinks are just as devastating to others as they are to him.

Which category did it fall in when he mocked the guy with arthrogryposis?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Sandpuppy posted:

This is amazing, best McConnell caricature out there.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

This is amazing, best McConnell caricature out there.

Agreed. I also just realized that I actually hate him more then I hate Trump.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Does anybody have that old (like early 20th century) toon about the differences between the generations? I remember one side said "how it used to be" and had a picture of a woman properly dressed, sitting upright, reading the bible; the other side had a woman slouching, smoking, reading a magazine.

I love all of the "here's the problem with TODAY'S generation" toons from the past, it really emphasizes that poo poo has always stayed the same

EDIT: found it

beepsandboops fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 10, 2017

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

beepsandboops posted:

Does anybody have that old (like early 20th century) toon about the differences between the generations? I remember one side said "how it used to be" and had a picture of a woman properly dressed, sitting upright, reading the bible; the other side had a woman slouching, smoking, reading a magazine.

I love all of the "here's the problem with TODAY'S generation" toons from the past, it really emphasizes that poo poo has always stayed the same

Some centuries off, but probably close enough:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

See it's their fault for getting hacked

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Pants Donkey posted:

"Sure we got hacked by a autocrat who was attempting to manipulate our election and install a more favorable president! Its not like its a big deal though, yeesh!"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson meeting Donald Trump's aides – Boris Johnson was due to meet congressional leaders in Washington on Monday after what British officials called “warm and frank” talks with top aides to Donald Trump" Also Steve Bell's launched a special mug to commemorate the new president's inauguration.

Telegraph:

'Labour is not wedded to freedom of movement': Jeremy Corbyn's Brexit speech in full

Independent:

Times:

Donald Trump calls Meryl Streep 'overrated' after Golden Globes speech

Mail:
MAC ON... The rail strikes

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

This is the best Bannon caricature ever.

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Pants Donkey posted:

I'll preface this saying that I'm not very tech-savvy, but I also no luddite, but... Am I just really getting old and out of touch or is everything suddenly being termed the very non-specific "Cyber[word]" sounding like uninformed minds locked in the technological awareness of the 1980s? Has this really been the industry jargon lately? Writing this I have to ask if in an analogy of the Abe Simpson "Old Man Yells At Cloud" headline, whether they are the old men or I am. :negative:

edit: my earliest encounter with 'cyber' being used contemporaneously to mean anything other than chatroom phone sex was honestly Trump talking about how his 10 year old is "very good at cyber". I'm still not sure I'm convinced that he didn't mean his kid grabs a mean digital pussy.

Syrnn fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 10, 2017

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I mean, I know I was born in the 80s, but I don't remember them being like that.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Syrnn posted:

I'll preface this saying that I'm not very tech-savvy, but I also no luddite, but... Am I just really getting old and out of touch or is everything suddenly being termed the very non-specific "Cyber[word]" sounding like uninformed minds locked in the technological awareness of the 1980s? Has this really been the industry jargon lately? Writing this I have to ask if in an analogy of the Abe Simpson "Old Man Yells At Cloud" headline, whether they are the old men or I am. :negative:

edit: my earliest encounter with 'cyber' being used contemporaneously to mean anything other than chatroom phone sex was honestly Trump talking about how his 10 year old is "very good at cyber". I'm still not sure I'm convinced that he didn't mean his kid grabs a mean digital pussy.

I'll just leave this here.

https://twitter.com/ArmsControlWonk/status/816481483804184577

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Syrnn posted:

I'll preface this saying that I'm not very tech-savvy, but I also no luddite, but... Am I just really getting old and out of touch or is everything suddenly being termed the very non-specific "Cyber[word]" sounding like uninformed minds locked in the technological awareness of the 1980s? Has this really been the industry jargon lately?

Maybe we'll see "multimedia" and "information superhighway" make a comeback, too.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Mike "Pants Donkey" Lukovich wants you to sign this petition:

https://twitter.com/mluckovichajc/status/818907983673442304

So does William Perry, who has served as Secretary of Defense under Clinton and as a nuclear adviser under Obama, George W. Bush, Clinton, HW Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, LBJ, JFK, and Eisenhower. This is something that is within Obama's power to change before the 20th, so it's not just screaming into the void.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Syrnn posted:

Cyber-security gets used a lot but that's about it. :shrug:

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

"Ya gotta give me the decolletage!"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The best thing about this one is that I have no idea why the first one is supposed to be better or worse than the second one.

Panel one: some woman tells her mother she sees another woman across the room.

Panel two: a different woman wishes the party she's at had a jazz band.

To modern eyes it comes off as a total non-sequitur.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

(That's Kellyanne Conway in the machine.)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Man I wanna hang out with gladys

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The best thing about this one is that I have no idea why the first one is supposed to be better or worse than the second one.

Nah, 80s Girl is referring to a painting:

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Selachian posted:

(That's Kellyanne Conway in the machine.)

The head of Dullahan heralds the coming of the Unseelie Court's misdirections and perverse tortures, AGC.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Jay Rust posted:

Nah, 80s Girl is referring to a painting:

Oooooooh, they're at an art museum! Now I get it, what they're trying to say is "the new generation is bad because they don't care about REAL art, only jazz music!" Of course now-a-days Jazz probably is played at a lot of art museums.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

They're at a museum. The first lady is appreciating the art! The second lady would rather be appriciating black person art. Miscegenation! The horror!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

beepsandboops posted:

EDIT: found it

And as always, the inescapable conclusion to modern eyes is that the "after" woman looks boss as gently caress.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

It's Monday Tuesday!

"Not So Foxy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Or..... can I? :getin:

• Locked thread