Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

For January I, Floppychop, oath to paint Big Jake and Mad Dog Brackett by Wyrd Miniatures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Dr. Phildo posted:

January Oath for Dr Phildo
Conan and two Picts from Monolith's Conan

JerryLee posted:

I, JerryLee, oath a Beastman Warrior by Reaper

Shaky as hell photo but everything should be legible, I think

Electric Hobo posted:

For January, I, Electric Hobo, oath to paint: 1 referee, Dezra the Vile, 2 ram clan mystics and the ram clan leader. By Mantic, FFG and CMoN.

Dezra is a rescue. Something went wrong with the primer on a bunch of my Descent stuff, so it's incredibly hydrophobic AND I can't strip it with soap or alcohol. They are all loving horrible to paint so they've been laying around for years with paintjobs at various states.

Floppychop posted:

For January I, Floppychop, oath to paint Big Jake and Mad Dog Brackett by Wyrd Miniatures.

Approved!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
I, Galaspar, oath for January five Space Marines (GW WH30k 28mm)

New year's resolution is to clear my backlog of infantry. If I make a sufficiently speedy start on these guys, I might oath another five later.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
I, KingMob, Oath 5 Guild Ball Brewers models (plus ball) for January

I took 2 years off from Oathing in these threads after burning out on painting at the start of 2015. Glad to be back.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I, Signal, do oath 5 Enforcers from Mantic Games' Deadzone for January

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I, Grey Hunter, oath the following for January - 1 Rio Class Cruiser, 1 New Cairo Class cruiser, 2 Lima class frigates, 2 Jikarta class frigates, 2 Taipei class frigates and 2 New Orleans class frigates - Plus two space stations "Turtleus" and "Skyhook"
All 1/900th or so scale, Hawk Wargames for Dropfleet commander.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, oath these four Space Marines for January

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10

Pyrolocutus posted:

Oath complete!

Did red for the jurnal, though not sure my highlights are coming through.

Getting some heavy Jafar vibes from this- love it!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I, Lord_Hambrose, do Oath one (1) Rhino Transport. 28mm by Games Workshop.

If I am going to get back into painting after a little hiatus, I might as well be by doing a big white car for Space Barbies.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath for the month of January from Privateer Press: Burn and Lug, a Grenadier warjack, an Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer, and a Grundback Gunner.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of January:

1x Ganymede troop ship, 1x Leonidas battlecruiser, 4x Andromeda frigates and 4x Medea strike carriers for Dropfleet Commander, some absurd scale, by Hawk Wargames.

Plus!

The Pandaman for Batman Miniatures Game, 35mm scale by Knight Models.

Hopefully I'm not oathing too much, I shall find out!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I, The Moon Monster, Oath for the month of January 4x Tethru Warriors from Crocodile Games.

Just started painting last month, so these will be minis 12-15 for me.

Fun fact, I took this while holding the 4 minis with my left hand, my phone in the right, and balancing my floor lamp on my head to try to improve the lighting. I'll have them based and try for a daytime picture for my completion post so hopefully the quality will be much better.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jan 5, 2017

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Snow Storm. This is a Malifaux model from Wyrd Games, Arcanist faction.

The Impaler posted:

Getting some heavy Jafar vibes from this- love it!

Haha, dang! I just looked it up and it does feel like it. Thanks :)

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
I, Chance II, Oath 1 Wolf from Reaper Bones, 1 Ork Nob, and 1 Ork Stormboy Nob in 28mm from GW for January.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

With goons as my witness, I, Geisladisk, oath to paint these 14 Soviet riflemen, 4 machine gun crew, 2 sergeants, and 1 lieutenant for the month of January. (28mm, Warlord Games)

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath Complete!

No journal, in fact I went almost the complete opposite with a desert themed basing.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for January 2017:

1 Snow Troll
2 Frost Titans
1 Necromancer
1 Raised Corpse
1 Skeletal Knight

Troll is from Heresy, Titans are Reaper Bones, the rest are Diehard. All are 28mm.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Galaspar posted:

I, Galaspar, oath for January five Space Marines (GW WH30k 28mm)

New year's resolution is to clear my backlog of infantry. If I make a sufficiently speedy start on these guys, I might oath another five later.

KingMob posted:

I, KingMob, Oath 5 Guild Ball Brewers models (plus ball) for January

I took 2 years off from Oathing in these threads after burning out on painting at the start of 2015. Glad to be back.

Signal posted:

I, Signal, do oath 5 Enforcers from Mantic Games' Deadzone for January

Grey Hunter posted:

I, Grey Hunter, oath the following for January - 1 Rio Class Cruiser, 1 New Cairo Class cruiser, 2 Lima class frigates, 2 Jikarta class frigates, 2 Taipei class frigates and 2 New Orleans class frigates - Plus two space stations "Turtleus" and "Skyhook"
All 1/900th or so scale, Hawk Wargames for Dropfleet commander.

SRM posted:

I, SRM, oath these four Space Marines for January

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I, Lord_Hambrose, do Oath one (1) Rhino Transport. 28mm by Games Workshop.

If I am going to get back into painting after a little hiatus, I might as well be by doing a big white car for Space Barbies.

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath for the month of January from Privateer Press: Burn and Lug, a Grenadier warjack, an Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer, and a Grundback Gunner.

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of January:

1x Ganymede troop ship, 1x Leonidas battlecruiser, 4x Andromeda frigates and 4x Medea strike carriers for Dropfleet Commander, some absurd scale, by Hawk Wargames.

Plus!

The Pandaman for Batman Miniatures Game, 35mm scale by Knight Models.

Hopefully I'm not oathing too much, I shall find out!

The Moon Monster posted:

I, The Moon Monster, Oath for the month of January 4x Tethru Warriors from Crocodile Games.

Just started painting last month, so these will be minis 12-15 for me.

Fun fact, I took this while holding the 4 minis with my left hand, my phone in the right, and balancing my floor lamp on my head to try to improve the lighting. I'll have them based and try for a daytime picture for my completion post so hopefully the quality will be much better.

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Snow Storm. This is a Malifaux model from Wyrd Games, Arcanist faction.

Haha, dang! I just looked it up and it does feel like it. Thanks :)

Chance II posted:

I, Chance II, Oath 1 Wolf from Reaper Bones, 1 Ork Nob, and 1 Ork Stormboy Nob in 28mm from GW for January.

Geisladisk posted:

With goons as my witness, I, Geisladisk, oath to paint these 14 Soviet riflemen, 4 machine gun crew, 2 sergeants, and 1 lieutenant for the month of January. (28mm, Warlord Games)

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for January 2017:

1 Snow Troll
2 Frost Titans
1 Necromancer
1 Raised Corpse
1 Skeletal Knight

Troll is from Heresy, Titans are Reaper Bones, the rest are Diehard. All are 28mm.

Approved!

Moon Wizard
Dec 29, 2011

I, DaVideo, Oath that I will paint a Minotaur and 5 Crawlers (Myth from Megacon Games) for January

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

HEARKEN AND BEAR WITNESS!
A Gauntlet has been thrown betwen TheFinalTuba and I, and part of the stakes is a public shaming here, in front of our peers. Be it known, one of us will falter in the face of this adversity.

Also, Oath Addition!

Enforcer Strider, two little rolly robots, 6 Heavy Dorfs, and 2 Dorf Bikers. All from Mantic.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

For January, I, LazyAngel oath 7 space stations, from DropFleet Commander

And to this oath, I add The Claw, from Malifaux, by Wyrd (32mm)

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Oath Complete!

Theme is the arctic wolf although I'm not very happy with how it turned out honestly.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:siren: DECEMBER PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the SPRINGER-PINSEL brush pack is: LORD HYPNOSTACHE!

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is:
wdarkk, but he won last month, so lets reroll!
Pash won a few months ago, so we reroll again!
RED SHOE! is our real winner.

And now the GRAB BAG prize!
The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: FLOPPYCHOP!

We have albums going for both the US-based and the UK/EU-based prize pots! So here's who you will contact for your choice of prize:
If you live in North America, you are choosing from Iris of Ether's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live in the UK or Europe, you are choosing from Krushgroove's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live anywhere else, you may choose from either prize pot.

To CLAIM your prizes: The default method to claim any prize you may get is to EMAIL krushgroove at krushgroove169 at gmail.com. Please put 'Oath Thread Prize for (your username)' as the subject of your email. In the body of the email, provide your real name, postal address and prize choices. Finally, please see the Postage Costs section immediately below.

If you're happy to wait for your loot you can help save on postage costs by waiting for your prizes until the end of the Oath Season (May 2017). This is entirely optional but does help save a LOT of money. You can also donate towards krushgroove's postage costs, contact him at the email above - MDF gets pretty heavy!

Takuan
May 6, 2007

In October, my house was flooded with 2 feet of water. I haven't had the time, temperament, or space to paint since then. But now, I'm back in my own home and I got Descent for Christmas.
I, Takuan, Oath for January 8 Descent heroes

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I oath 5 Army Mans from AT-43 (soon to be used for Infinity)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Addition and Speed Paint

Four little frogs I got from a Kickstarter, now turned into Ice Toads for Frostgrave!

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Signal posted:

Four little frogs I got from a Kickstarter, now turned into Ice Toads for Frostgrave!

Those are adorable, and I love the colour scheme!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

glitchkrieg posted:

Those are adorable, and I love the colour scheme!

Thanks! Gonna use them as Ice Toads in Frostgrave. :D

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

DaVideo posted:

I, DaVideo, Oath that I will paint a Minotaur and 5 Crawlers (Myth from Megacon Games) for January

Signal posted:

HEARKEN AND BEAR WITNESS!
A Gauntlet has been thrown betwen TheFinalTuba and I, and part of the stakes is a public shaming here, in front of our peers. Be it known, one of us will falter in the face of this adversity.

Also, Oath Addition!

Enforcer Strider, two little rolly robots, 6 Heavy Dorfs, and 2 Dorf Bikers. All from Mantic.

LazyAngel posted:

And to this oath, I add The Claw, from Malifaux, by Wyrd (32mm)

Takuan posted:

In October, my house was flooded with 2 feet of water. I haven't had the time, temperament, or space to paint since then. But now, I'm back in my own home and I got Descent for Christmas.
I, Takuan, Oath for January 8 Descent heroes

Indolent Bastard posted:

I oath 5 Army Mans from AT-43 (soon to be used for Infinity)

Signal posted:

Approved!

Also those Frogs are neat, I have a set of them myself from the KS, intended for the same purpose :)

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

When does Season 8 start? Not sure I can be bothered starting this late into this one.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

ijyt posted:

When does Season 8 start? Not sure I can be bothered starting this late into this one.

The magical month of May is the first month of season 8

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Oh huh, longer than I expected, might just get on with it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Too late for the grand prizes, but there's always the monthly and quarterly random draw prizes, that's all scrub tier painters like me are in it for :v: that and actually getting on with painting our many minis.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Oh no I wouldn't be in the running for those anyway, just another way to keep the flow going.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Too late for the grand prizes, but there's always the monthly and quarterly random draw prizes, that's all scrub tier painters like me are in it for :v: that and actually getting on with painting our many minis.

Lies, all lies. There are no prizes, just oaths.

I say that light heartedly, but we haven't even finished giving out last seasons prizes, and this season is wrapping up soon.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Indolent Bastard posted:

Lies, all lies. There are no prizes, just oaths.

I say that light heartedly, but we haven't even finished giving out last seasons prizes, and this season is wrapping up soon.
I don't know, you did kind of win that avatar last season.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Indolent Bastard posted:

Yeah with Krushgroove still being held by those Somali pirates, and the already dismal performance of the Foreign Office in the affair now being weighed down by Boris, there hasn't been a lot of progress with the prizes, sponsor follow ups, and blog, and we've had to change judges midstream too. Zark is almost the only reason the season is even still running.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Electric Hobo posted:

I don't know, you did kind of win that avatar last season.

Yes I did :D

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I, counterspin, oath to paint Barnabus(PP, Minions) for January

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Jomsviking Chieftain and two Jomsvikings from Gripping Beast and ten Frostgrave barbarians from Osprey Games. Everything is 28mm.

The chieftains base is a different colour because it is unprimed pumice and stone. I updated the way I make bases and got him done before I had the workflow down.

• Locked thread